Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #31
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCP94 View Post
lol i didn't say that i would choose an auto over manual but since my options seem to be somewhat limited...Im just saying that its either auto or nothing..and i'd choose auto
there's like a million other cars in the world, you have your options. you don't have to drive the retard
Old 03-03-2009, 11:19 AM   #32
DCP94
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
DCP94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
there's like a million other cars in the world, you have your options. you don't have to drive the retard
yea but i don't think this car will be in the "retard" section...and if it is im sure there will be many people that choose to drive that "retard" i just like the car, if you don't then you don't.. but im sure that if I could afford this car I would have another that would be a manual that i can drive whenever I want
DCP94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:19 AM   #33
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
hey kids look...its a g37 with turbos lol

nice to see that plastic mold actually made it to reality though

interior reminds me of a supra (especially the middle console)

deffinatly a bit different than what the current offerings from nissan are...thats for damn sure

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #34
DCP94
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
DCP94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
we are not fighting just discussing cars like grown men do lol
DCP94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #35
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
Ah shit............fucking CVT
Dude, if you don't know your transmission don't make dumb statements like the one you made above. The GTR Transmission is not a CVT. CVT stands for continuously variable transmission! The GTR Transmission is a double clutch paddle shift semi auto straight out of Formula one. Two completely different technology wise transmissions.

Now with that said, Hello Aston Martin,Ferrari,Bentley,McLaren etc.... Nissan/Infiniti called they want to own you with one of the of sexiest cars to ever come out of Japan. Man I am just going to put this on my desktop and have fun all day. LOL

Wow and last night I was saying one of the few cars I really wanted was a Ferrari F430 Scuderia and this thing comes along. Shit! LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #36
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
yeah yeah, the gtr has a super FANCY automatic for super fancy girlie men.

i know it's the trend and the h pattern shifter and three pedals is going the way of the dinosaur. but it's bullshit.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #37
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
This thing looks AWESOME! I can totally see this competing with the Maserati GranTurismo or Aston Martin DB9.

And for the last fucking time people need to stop comparing the paddle shifters in these high end cars to some lame tiptronic they tried in some sub-$100K car they drove once! WTF!

The paddle shifting in high end and exotic vehicles is nothing like you imagine and closer to what is used F1.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #38
BustedS13
Post Whore!

paddle shifters = left foot does nothing, right hand flips a paddle half the time = GIRLIE MAN RIDE
Old 03-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #39
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Wow this is very Aston Marton-esque as Dave mentioned. That's not a bad thing either. I'm in love so hard with this thing.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #40
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
paddle shifters = left foot does nothing, right hand flips a paddle half the time = GIRLIE MAN RIDE
So I guess you wouldn't drive an F1 car if the opportunity where given to you. Question: How many high end vehicles (with an MSRP over $100K) have you driven that have paddle shifters?

If you're speaking from experience, then maybe you have a solid foundation on which to base your argument on.

If you're driving one of these cars on a track at their limit, having no clutch pedal is the last thought on your mind. For those lucky enough to blast one of these types of cars through The Nürburgring or something you know that its still a rush.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #41
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
So I guess you wouldn't drive an F1 car if the opportunity where given to you. Question: How many high end vehicles (with an MSRP over $100K) have you driven that have paddle shifters?

If you're speaking from experience, then maybe you have a solid foundation on which to base your argument on.

If you're driving one of these cars on a track at their limit, having no clutch pedal is the last thought on your mind. For those lucky enough to blast one of these types of cars through The Nürburgring or something you know that its still a rush.
i have never driven any car with paddle shifters in my entire life. i have driven three cars over one hundred thousand dollars in value that had real transmissions. i have not driven an f1 car, but would if given the opportunity. none of this is relevant to the fact that the GTR comes with a glovebox stuffed with men's thongs.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #42
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
the whole point

is that some people actually enjoy using a clutch and shifting

its part of the driving experience

now in order to get a thrill with paddle shifters you have to be driving at highspeeds to keep your mind off how bad your man thong is riding up
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #43
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
never gonna happen................
will end up looking like this
Old 03-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #44
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Dude, if you don't know your transmission don't make dumb statements like the one you made above. The GTR Transmission is not a CVT. CVT stands for continuously variable transmission! The GTR Transmission is a double clutch paddle shift semi auto straight out of Formula one. Two completely different technology wise transmissions.

I stand corrected
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #45
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Guys, this car has made Zilvia history.

This is the first time that i think nearly EVERY SINGLE person that has commented has loved a new car!
Old 03-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #46
Headsick
Leaky Injector

Headsick is an unknown quantity at this point
That thing is fuckin HOT! Slightly toned down, and a turbo 4 would make it one HELL of a successor to the sx.
Headsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #47
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
i'd far rather have a real car. would you date the world's hottest retard?
yes. pics?

but yeah, THIS CAR IS OT LIKE FIIIIIIIIIIYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

however....it is not a 1987 Grand National, nor a 1969 Oldsmobile Hurst Olds with the white and gold color combo, nor is it a car from the pre 1960s era......so it's not the hottest car ever.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #48
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
"Downsize the wheel wells brah. I don't want to have to buy 24" tires to drift on brah." -$$$
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #49
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
hmmmm

g37 motor with a TT setup, and an electric motor for in town cruising. car looks/sounds heavy. but it is a beauty.

too bad not many people will pay 100k+ for an infiniti.
this car seems to be more inline with the supercar that nissan should of made. something luxury AND exotic. like an aston martin, or a maserati.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #50
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headsick View Post
That thing is fuckin HOT! Slightly toned down, and a turbo 4 would make it one HELL of a successor to the sx.
Too bad the car looks huge as fuck
Old 03-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #51
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I love it! It's like a modern Shelby coupe.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #52
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
"Downsize the wheel wells brah. I don't want to have to buy 24" tires to drift on brah." -$$$
haha wow stock 22" wheels.....
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #53
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
yeah yeah, the gtr has a super FANCY automatic for super fancy girlie men.

i know it's the trend and the h pattern shifter and three pedals is going the way of the dinosaur. but it's bullshit.
DAMN, your only 24. you sound like one of those old men who complains about those "new fangled" computers and such.

the auto trans shift faster thats why more companies are using them. i could picture you at the track. well he used an auto girlie man trans so who cares if he won, i used my left leg, im cooler.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #54
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
No no no, it is definitely NOT a SX successor. Unless the SX is being replaced with a 6 figure Luxury GT.

And, yes people, this thing is gonna be heavy, BUT so are a lot of exotic cars. A DBS V12 weighs over 3700 lbs but it's still hot as fuck.

Also, Nissan has, more than anyone else in the industry IMO, been able to overcome weight with engineering. The GTR SHOULD NOT be as fast or perform anywhere as well as it does...but IT DOES. Period. Who cares about weight if it outperforms cars weighing hundreds of pounds less. This is also a hybrid. So it'll more then likely outperform cars in it's class AND get gas mileage unheard of in it's class.

THIS IS the car Honda wants the NSX to be and Toyota wants the FT-HS to be...but they obviously haven't figured it out yet.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #55
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i would loan my first born son to michael jackson...
Old 03-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #56
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
none of this is relevant to the fact that the GTR comes with a glovebox stuffed with men's thongs.
But does it matter, really? In the grand scheme of things I don't think anyone cares. The GTR is a limited production car, and every single one built will be sold. Just like the DB9 and every other high end exotic using paddle shifters. There will still be manual sports cars for the common folk to buy, so people need to stop freaking out. If Nissan started offering the GTR with a clutch pedal, demand will stay practically the same. The change in demand will be insignificant. All that would happen is more people would add it to their imaginary shopping list because they can't actually afford it anyways.

But I'm getting way off topic here.

The Essence will do well against the market its slotted for. Its a bold step for Infiniti and that's the most important part. They grew some cojones and threw some crazy mad supercar out there. Finally some escitement!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #57
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz

BALLLLLLLLIN

Old 03-03-2009, 11:21 PM   #58
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post

And for the last fucking time people need to stop comparing the paddle shifters in these high end cars to some lame tiptronic they tried in some sub-$100K car they drove once! WTF!

The paddle shifting in high end and exotic vehicles is nothing like you imagine and closer to what is used F1.
Jeremy Clarkson likes a traditional gearbox better than flappy paddles, and I'm pretty sure he's driven enough cars to know. Who gives a fuck if it can shift in a billionth of a second? I enjoy having to use the clutch and shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Guys, this car has made Zilvia history.

This is the first time that i think nearly EVERY SINGLE person that has commented has loved a new car!
I think it's ugly as fuck. It's way too busy. I love the DB9 because its sleek and simple, yet is still damn sexy. This looks like a mess, and a Mazda mess at that.
ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #59
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Quote:
would you date the world's hottest retard?

Why.....did she say something?
Old 03-03-2009, 11:42 PM   #60
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
Jeremy Clarkson likes a traditional gearbox better than flappy paddles, and I'm pretty sure he's driven enough cars to know. Who gives a fuck if it can shift in a billionth of a second? I enjoy having to use the clutch and shifter.
I'm not arguing that its better or arguing people's prefrences for one or the other. What I'm saying is don't compare it to an auto or some low end paddle shifter or tiptronic, its apples to oranges. Two, its stupid to whine about some high end exotic you probably can't afford....especially since the cars within your reach are still being offered in manual.