Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-30-2006, 09:23 AM   #31
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
13B Cosmo FOO!!!!
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2006, 11:03 AM   #32
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
L28ET (280ZX Turbo)
FJ20
VQ35DE
VG30DET
VH45DE/VH41DE/VK45DE

Personally, I'd like to see someone try the L28. I think that fitment-wise, it shares enough similiarities with the KA to be a fairly easy drop-in, blocks are cheap and readily available, no JDM parts sourcing, it's a strong block, etc...

There's no shortage of highly built L28 turbo engines on the market already. You can get 400+hp engines for like $2-3k.

Fj's are hard to come by, and I don't know how one would go about mounting any of the V-configuration engines I mentioned, but some guy did a 1UZ-FE in an S14, so I know it can be done.
WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:24 AM   #33
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
13b in an S13

VG30DET in an S13

Once again folks, "Originality is a myth!"
Old 01-30-2006, 11:28 AM   #34
TougeRacing
Zilvia Junkie

TougeRacing has a little shameless behavior in the past
drop a type r motor in it and make it FWD!!!
TougeRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:56 AM   #35
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
Once again folks, "Originality is a myth!"
how about a carb fj24 in a s14?

id still like to believe some things haven't been done yet.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:10 PM   #36
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
If they haven't been done, then there is probably a good reason why. The S13 has been around for 17 years now. Just build a car you are happy with. I don't understand this necessity to be "different" just for the sake of being different. Tells me you are just looking for attention. "Look at me, I did something new and different." Who cares? If you are happy with your car, and it performs well, who cares what others think. You could take an S13, chop it in half, narrow the body, stick a Saturn V Rocket Motor in it, and use a modified NASCAR suspension. Would it be different? Sure. Would it perform well? Not in anything but a straight line, and don't try to stop in a hurry.

STOP EMPHASIZING ON DIFFERENT! JUST BUILD A CAR YOU'LL BE HAPPY WITH!

If you have to do something outrageous and "different" to be happy, then you need to re-evaluate your priorities.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:13 PM   #37
phreze
Zilvia Addict

phreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to phreze
Everyone keeps saying convert it to fwd, no one has done that yet because it = retarded. But you will be 1 out of 1000000's so do it!
Old 01-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #38
nissantuner22
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (-1)
nissantuner22 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nissantuner22
I got it. Build a time machine out of it. This way I can go back in time, and get the 2 minutes of my life back reading this thread.

Current Project: Operation: N/A SR: 93 Silvia Q SR20DE Engine with go fast goodies. ,
"Common problems 240sx's suffer from are curbs, trees, ditches, and other immovable objects."thx247

"on the tounge... there is no guardrails."- citizen
nissantuner22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:59 PM   #39
azimiut

azimiut is an unknown quantity at this point
i think i will sell it if this is how the 240sx community acts. Thanks for not one idea or rational thought. I am not looking to be told what to do to the car, I was looking for an idea that I could start with and improve on, just some basic insight. And yes I have the time and money to be "creative and different". I am not doing it to impress anybody. I am doing it as a challenge to myself. I wanted to know what has and has not been done.

I guess I will have to get rid of it to an immature person like yourselves that have nothing else to do durring the day. have fun and when you are attempting to drift cause you all think you can, hit a tree. Dont come to my bodyshop when it happens.
azimiut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:04 PM   #40
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
yeah, sell the car because other people that have the same kind of car have a sense of humor.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:14 PM   #41
Revolver Ocelot
Zilvia Addict

Revolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Revolver Ocelot
4G63 with AWD.
Being different = Alot of money. Just build something you will actually like. The best feeling ever is just to be able to look at your project and be Happy with how it turned out. You cant ask for anything more than that.
Revolver Ocelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:28 PM   #42
North240
Zilvia Junkie

North240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I love how he asks everybody else how to be different.............

Dont be an idiot put your basic upgrades on and enjoy the car instead of starting a never ending project that you wont ever get to enjoy.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:52 PM   #43
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azimiut
i think i will sell it if this is how the 240sx community acts. Thanks for not one idea or rational thought. I am not looking to be told what to do to the car, I was looking for an idea that I could start with and improve on, just some basic insight. And yes I have the time and money to be "creative and different". I am not doing it to impress anybody. I am doing it as a challenge to myself. I wanted to know what has and has not been done.

I guess I will have to get rid of it to an immature person like yourselves that have nothing else to do durring the day. have fun and when you are attempting to drift cause you all think you can, hit a tree. Dont come to my bodyshop when it happens.
Stupid questions get stupid answers my friend.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:04 PM   #44
TurDz
Nissanaholic!

TurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TurDz
Different

VQ30DETT like in JGTC cars, I would adore your car.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:07 PM   #45
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i agree with the time machine.. how to find a flux capacitor is going to be hard. 88mph isnt that hard to hit in a 240sx
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:40 PM   #46
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
Mid Engine AWD 240sx been done yet?
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:48 PM   #47
phreze
Zilvia Addict

phreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to phreze
Actully get the enzo kit for a fastback then transplant the engine to the rear, putting it under the glass fererri style, but keep all you cooling gear in the front and have a roof scoop hook up to your intake system.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:17 AM   #48
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
look around, see what you like, do what you want. why strive so hard to be different? Maybe it'll turn out that way when you have the car turn out how you want it. The very act of you 1) telling us about this 2) implying that you're asking US to give YOU an idea for an original project means that you ARE trying to impress SOMEONE, either to sell, or just be another speck in the 'import community.'
and there's nothing wrong with v8's.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:31 AM   #49
devonkyle77
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
devonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to devonkyle77
20 hp briggs & stratton
Old 01-31-2006, 01:28 AM   #50
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
how about use your car as a super large planter. Place daisies and marigolds along the frame rails. Within the engine bay grow some orchids to creat a nice contrast of colors.

You are asking to do something different, yet back track to ask what you could improve on. This isn't a college proposal letter "the road far less traveled" everyone had modded there car in some form. Just search the forum to learn about the quirks of the car so you can enjoy it and learn at the same time.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:02 AM   #51
i8yourfwd
Zilvia FREAK!

i8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to i8yourfwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by azimiut

There's plenty of ideas in this thread. Some of the answers were actually serious.

If your gonna cry and can't take a joke, then go ahead an sell the car. If you don't like it here on zilvia because you aren't babied for being new, then go somewhere else. Zilvia, you either love it or hate it.

Here's a few other forums:
www.240sxforums.com:ghey:
www.nico.com:ghey:
www.freshalloy.com

Quote:
S13SilviaGirl: Mel are you that big?
i8yourfwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:02 AM   #52
240sxislander

240sxislander is an unknown quantity at this point
Get a trailer, paint it to match you car and do lawn service. Thats very different, you can get paid to do lawns, show off your matching car and trailer at the same time!! But on a serious note, it really depends on how you want to make your car look. Its kinda hard to think of something different to do.....
240sxislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:52 AM   #53
reefer1114
Zilvia Addict

reefer1114 is an unknown quantity at this point
supercharger? iono...
reefer1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:00 AM   #54
Zen S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Zen S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
BMW M3 motor, Full sequential tranny, work out the wiring, full custom dash incorporating the cluster, and custom exhaust etc.

If you get it to work you will be unique and you will have one of the fastest NA 240sx out there...
Zen S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:18 AM   #55
JaeTea
Zilvia Addict

JaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to JaeTea
This whole thread is pointless.

Asking others how to be "original"?!?!?

If you have infinite funds you can be original as you want..put the engine in the trunk, or on the roof, or make it so you can drive the car backwards.
JaeTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:59 AM   #56
ladiesman8527
Zilvia Junkie

ladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enough
remove the motor, attatch ranes, buy some horses, and have them pull you. i doubt anyone has seen that one before. hell theoretically, your horsepower is UNLIMITED. just add more horses!!!!!
ladiesman8527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:17 AM   #57
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
seen that ladiesman.. but to a hummer on via la bam
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:37 AM   #58
P4rD0nM3
Zilvia FREAK!

P4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of light
SELL THE CAR TO ME. Thanks.
P4rD0nM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:16 PM   #59
ramblux
Zilvia Addict

ramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakindrifts
How about a jet engine?

This is ridiculous....
Thanks for being like the first person on the Internet to spell "ridiculous" correctly...

FWIW, I was planning on going rotary with my S14 before I gave it up, but with my S13 I'm probably just going the typical SR route unless I get a good deal on some sort of aluminum V-8.

I would spend my money on being unique in other ways, such as exterior mods. That's what most people are going to see anyway.
ramblux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:26 PM   #60
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
noooo i always spell ridiculous correctly....

it's easy cuz there's no such word as redicule...
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote