Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-29-2005, 01:27 AM   #31
s13gonwild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
s13gonwild is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
have fun when you blow your coilovers looks good tho
s13gonwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2005, 01:33 AM   #32
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
not to thread jack or anything but how do they (GR6) compare to silk roads?
NemeGuero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:39 AM   #33
sideviewcivic
BANNED

sideviewcivic has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to sideviewcivic
you my friend qualify for BH status. beat that lip to shit. give it some hard loving before it dies and goes to heaven. action shots will be very nice at that lack of ground clearance. Won't you have to raise the car up a bit with the coilovers settling more. Gimme measurements of the the ground to your fender. Notch it for me pleeez......
sideviewcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:36 AM   #34
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13gonwild
Why would he blow his coilovers?
Old 03-29-2005, 03:39 AM   #35
s13panda2004
Leaky Injector

s13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to all
I wouldn't be able to survive like that.. I simply can't..

Your car looks freakin' awesome, but, it's too much.. too low..
s13panda2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:44 AM   #36
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13gonwild
Do you even know how fully adjustable coilovers work? If you don't know what you are talking about, don't say anything cuz people who know what's up will think you are a dumbass. The GR6 are designed to lower the car insanely low without sacrificing stroke. Tanabe DD and Zeal super function are the same way.

Scott, I am freaking jealous and I have n1 PRO. Seeing your car, big bad BH, and aaron makes me wanna sell them so I can lower the rear more without sacrificing stroke. I didn't know the GR6 were so pimp. Now get your ass out to the track. Are you going this weekend?
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:56 AM   #37
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Flybert, you have n1 pros on an s13 right? I have them on an s14 and haven't had any problems tucking like that with preload adjusted. Not as low, but I made sure to cover the tire size numbers. You should be able to go pretty darn low. Just wondering anyway.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:57 AM   #38
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
In the front if I pull the lower locking collar out and bottom out the spring perch, I can get another 1/2" but I'd prefer to have the option of having a whole extra inch when I want the car to look gangster. As for the rears, I'd like to go another 1/2" to 1" lower but they are as low as they can go without dropping the lower spring perch and sacrificing stroke. I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and sacrifice the 1/2" of stroke for the sake of looking good. I pretty much only like 215/45/17 and 235/40/17. Anything with a thicker sidewall isn't cool in my book. I like stiff sidewalls and keeping the car as low as possible. Right now, I run 215 cuz I don't have much power. I'd like to run 235's all around eventually.

For the front, I could try to get some shorter springs from apexi or cut down the top part of the section that bolts to the spindle. That would solve that problem. For the rear, I'm going to take apart the rears and disassemble it into it's individual components. I'm hoping that at the bottom part of the shock there is 1/2" of metal that I could cut off so the shock can go deeper into the housing. Another way would be to find a shorter shock shaft, that way you can bring the whole spring assembly down. If I can figure out a way to shorten the shaft, I'll do it. I just don't want to damage it and make it unrepairable.

All these low coilovers make me think about selling my coilovers until I realize I have n1 PRO and should be shot for thinking about it.

Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:16 AM   #39
Blues13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Blues13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Eh, the S14 is too low for my tastes.. but fun to look at nonetheless. It looks like a lowrider with airbag suspension thats been parked especially with those rear wheels.
Blues13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:32 AM   #40
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
oh that definately needs to go lower in the front(flybert)

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:35 AM   #41
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
looks good man, dont know how the roads are in cali, but i know in ontario, canada, a car that low can get around fairly easy!!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:55 AM   #42
s14srpilot
BANNED

s14srpilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s14srpilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBS14
just took new pics. Lowered the fronts another inch, they're sitting at 575mm now. (top of front fender arch to ground.) Go measure it on your car to get an idea of how low it is. haha front lip is 3 of my skinny ass fingers off the ground.

Damn I love it!
Wow your car almost looks like Brian's from pg, turn signals (or lack thereof) and all! His lip is like 1" off the ground, he has fno1rc's and weds wheels (fn's are in the back though and he has a different model of weds wheels) Your car will look like a hovercraft to anyone driving in front of you. Pretty cool. Be prepared for bent frame rails haha. Dirt drops at Willow Springs are pretty rad too according to what Brian tells me...

s14srpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:04 AM   #43
Macadoshus
Zilvia Member

Macadoshus is making a name for him/her selfMacadoshus is making a name for him/her self
I got my S2000 that low. The 240 will be that low. Just glad I don't daily drive either of them cause it is a pain in the ass trying to drive anywhere that low, especially with the monster potholes they have out here. Good luck, looks sick.
Macadoshus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:08 AM   #44
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
i'm assuming they build driveway entrances differently on the west coast cuz i scrape like shit pulling into my driveway...and i'm not tlakin front lip, i'm scraping my rocker panel on the ground

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 03-29-2005, 09:16 AM   #45
Sil Beer S13
Zilvia FREAK!

Sil Beer S13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sil Beer S13
The car looks great.

All of you talking ish STFU.
Sil Beer S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:08 AM   #46
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
It is Big Bad BH low. He had his somewhere around 570-580mm, and mine's at 575mm. They won't blow, I'm not worried. I didn't know these coils would be this gangster either. Yes it does look almost like a lowrider, the only difference is this is gonna get driven to shit at this height. Glad yalls like it.

Yea Balcony is fun, and dirt drops are fun there.

Chris, Charlie doesn't have any spots left, but If anyone can't make it hopefully I can drive. I'm gonna be coming up anyways. See ya then.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:08 AM   #47
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitexsound
definetly a scraper...

DEFINATLY a scrapper, but i think e-40 would disagree. probly categorize it as something like " SLUMPER" hey scott are u part of the side show? HAHAHAH jp. that would be fuinny if e-40 and the gang joined d1 in their mustangs and impalas dopeeeeee
sLiDewAys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:27 AM   #48
Fastback180
Zilvia Addict

Fastback180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fastback180
all i have to say is...

Fucking Awesome!!! Screw everyone else...keep doing what you're doing. SLAMMED TO THE GROUND IS WHERE IT'S AT. Your ride is HOT!
Old 03-29-2005, 11:38 AM   #49
gorgasm
Zilvia Addict

gorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to gorgasm
look soooo hot... but i think you should just give me that lip before u mutilate it, ill take good care of it i promise
gorgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:40 AM   #50
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
yea, I should probably get another one for when this one gets trashed. It's not a matter of if, just when.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:19 PM   #51
Ian
Post Whore!

get a trust lip afterwards

that would be hilarious...the lip would perpetually be on the ground

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 03-29-2005, 01:20 PM   #52
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
here's an idea for you, if you take off your lip, that would allow you to lower your ride about another inch lower!!!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:20 PM   #53
sideviewcivic
BANNED

sideviewcivic has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to sideviewcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert
In the front if I pull the lower locking collar out and bottom out the spring perch, I can get another 1/2" but I'd prefer to have the option of having a whole extra inch when I want the car to look gangster. As for the rears, I'd like to go another 1/2" to 1" lower but they are as low as they can go without dropping the lower spring perch and sacrificing stroke. I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and sacrifice the 1/2" of stroke for the sake of looking good. I pretty much only like 215/45/17 and 235/40/17. Anything with a thicker sidewall isn't cool in my book. I like stiff sidewalls and keeping the car as low as possible. Right now, I run 215 cuz I don't have much power. I'd like to run 235's all around eventually.

For the front, I could try to get some shorter springs from apexi or cut down the top part of the section that bolts to the spindle. That would solve that problem. For the rear, I'm going to take apart the rears and disassemble it into it's individual components. I'm hoping that at the bottom part of the shock there is 1/2" of metal that I could cut off so the shock can go deeper into the housing. Another way would be to find a shorter shock shaft, that way you can bring the whole spring assembly down. If I can figure out a way to shorten the shaft, I'll do it. I just don't want to damage it and make it unrepairable.

All these low coilovers make me think about selling my coilovers until I realize I have n1 PRO and should be shot for thinking about it.

Sil beer S13 is on N1 PROs and his shit is damn low. Covering tire numbers on his wheels too.
sideviewcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:27 PM   #54
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
dam flybert, you just had to threadjack with your pictures huh!?!?! =D
Old 03-29-2005, 01:56 PM   #55
sr20dets13
Leaky Injector

sr20dets13 is an unknown quantity at this point
man car looks really nice at that level.. my s13 is on kts coilovers and i have it where the frame rail is about 1.5 to 2 inches off the ground lol and can go all the way down but my big difference is im on 15in rims lol so its alil easier for me... flybert beautiful car
sr20dets13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:19 PM   #56
Inland180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Inland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Inland180
looking good!!

Feedback LINK
Inland180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:55 PM   #57
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
yeah, slamed to the ground rocks...

S14DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:07 PM   #58
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

when it makes the car feel like a gocart, yea it does. And it looks hot to boot so I see no probs. Like I said earlier, a properly designed/fitting exhaust doesn't scrape that much.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:17 PM   #59
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Rusker is on a distinguished road
Damn, that is low...
Old 03-29-2005, 05:01 PM   #60
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
looks amazing. who needs driveability when you have style?

im not kidding either, I really like it.
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote