Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #31
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I hate to say this but...who the fuck gives a 20 yr old that much money to do a $16k build?!?! I couldnt trust a fucking 20 yr old to do an S13 SR swap into an S13 chassis.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #32
mfjc87

Trader Rating: (0)
mfjc87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Travis, PM me your number dude, I own the Jeep that was there at shitty performance. We need to have a talk.

Later man
mfjc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #33
titangts
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
titangts is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
I hate to say this but...who the fuck gives a 20 yr old that much money to do a $16k build?!?! I couldnt trust a fucking 20 yr old to do an S13 SR swap into an S13 chassis.

... that has nothing to do with anything. There are 20 year old millionaires. There are people in this world who have a lot more money than you and I. To be mad at them is to be jealous. His age, has nothing to do with it. He was a paying customer who laid down a TON of money (compared to most standards) and received very bad work.

This thread pisses me off seeing such bad things happen to decent honest people. After I received the same service, I've realized that if I am not capable of doing the job myself, I just wont do it. Or better yet, i'll buy one already done.
titangts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #34
bussitcustoms
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
bussitcustoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by titangts View Post
... that has nothing to do with anything. There are 20 year old millionaires. There are people in this world who have a lot more money than you and I. To be mad at them is to be jealous. His age, has nothing to do with it. He was a paying customer who laid down a TON of money (compared to most standards) and received very bad work.

The owner of the shop is 20. Not the customer.
bussitcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #35
mfjc87

mfjc87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Um Tony is 24...
mfjc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #36
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
well this is interesting.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #37
bussitcustoms
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfjc87 View Post
Um Tony is 24...
Then whoever posted up resprenting the shop has their age set at 20.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #38
bussitcustoms
Zilvia Junkie

But seriously, all excuses aside... HOW THE FUCK can you break an aluminum shifter extension in half, then JB WELD it back together?!? Bust out the fuckin duct tape while you're at it!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #39
travismaser
Zilvia Member

travismaser is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys, sorry i didnt post back yet tonight...i was busy at work and school....lol but you know...i must work for free since i get all my money from student loans haha...but i will take some time to respond properly tomorrow sometime after morning class and work...
Old 04-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #40
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by titangts View Post
This thread pisses me off seeing such bad things happen to decent honest people. .
Drunk drivers are not "decent honest people". Especially unrepentant ones who don't own up to their crimes.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:55 AM   #41
travismaser
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Drunk drivers are not "decent honest people". Especially unrepentant ones who don't own up to their crimes.
Haha, love when people throw in comments they know nothing about lol... Yes, I received a DUI in 2010...and it was dismissed...lol
Old 04-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #42
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

So if I killed someone and it was dismissed, does that make it okay?
Old 04-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #43
Driftingcorners
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Driftingcorners is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
LMAO the fact that you're comparing a DUI charge to killing someone is FUCKING HILARIOUS . Nobody said it was OK to get a DUI, you make a mistake and you move on.
Driftingcorners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #44
gretz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
gretz is a jewel in the roughgretz is a jewel in the roughgretz is a jewel in the roughgretz is a jewel in the roughgretz is a jewel in the roughgretz is a jewel in the roughgretz is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
lol at the DUI donkeys here, which has nothing to do whatsoever with the shitty (and admitted) job Shifted Performance did... They have all these excuses / reasons why all of this garbage was caused from being rushed, why even do it in the first place?

Honestly, JB weld as a solution makes you guys out to be quite the hackers...

You (shop) kept bringing up "the release form" that was signed as an excuse for all of the shit you messed up > yet you had time to sign the car as if you were proud of the shit you were polishing (no pun, as you guys did a shit job polishing as well)

So much fail for this shop... this is going to hurt their business > who the fawk would honestly bring them their car after seeing / reading this?
gretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #45
travismaser
Zilvia Member

Quote:
no, its not ok at all...never said it was...its actually imbarrassing that i had to go through the whole thing...i had 2 beers before midnight and was pulled over at 330am...i was DD and got pulled over...the officer smelled alcohol so he had me do a field test...i am dissabled (from injuries while deployed) so i cannot walk a straight line nor stand on one foot...they could not get the breathalizer to work properly so they arrested me on DUI charges...THAT is why is was dissmissed and THAT is why it was a BS case...

so untill you know what actually happened, you shouldnt say anything

P.S. sorry for backlashing at you, this was ment for the guy who started the arguement over the DUI
Old 04-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #46
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Who gives a fuck if the OP got 3 DUI's, raped a Kony kid in the mouth, and kicked his pregnant wife to roll down the stairs? It still has nothing to do with the atrocities this shop created.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #47
bussitcustoms
Zilvia Junkie

^this.......
Old 04-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #48
Corbic
Post Whore!

Stop cutting corners with your stories. Clearly your license was suspended for done time per you own admission. Also, the legal binding sobriety test is done at the station after the field test.

Regardless it's neither here nor there. You started this "charged" thread all over the Internet, don't be shocked or offended that not everyone is on your team. Personal responsibility goes a LONG way.

I find it dishonest to say "it was supposed to be done before New Years, it took them till March".

Your build thread clearly shows parts still coming in durning December and the engine not even having been assembled yet.

So if your not even being honest about the "deadline", I just have to wonder how much more there is to this "story".

Also, what about the turbo lines? You had clearly seen how they where installed back during the build, so why so butthurt now? You knew that is how they intended to install them.

Hopefully this has been a hands on learning lesson for you about contracted labor and building cars. This is also why I'd never let a "shop" work on my car.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #49
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

i'm not taking sides, i was just asking if it was okay. there are wrongs on both sides it seems, the shop is a joke though.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #50
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
Who gives a fuck if the OP got 3 DUI's, raped a Kony kid in the mouth, and kicked his pregnant wife to roll down the stairs? It still has nothing to do with the atrocities this shop created.
Goes toward credibility, it also shows that in Dec-Jan he was under no delusion the car was far from complete. But now he's howling about how Shitty promised it would be done by Jan 1.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #51
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
i'm not taking sides, i was just asking if it was okay. there are wrongs on both sides it seems, the shop is a joke though.
If by shop you mean "2 G##### & A Shed"
Old 04-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #52
travismaser
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
thx guys... its nice to know that most understand what im going through

wait till i post what we found upon opening the motor up.....

brief summary:
-extra hardware (yes...extra, inside the block)
-ARP bolts that were WAY over torqued
-loads of extra silicone
-no lock tight on flywheel bolts...
- #3 bearings gone
and much more
Old 04-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #53
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Well that has zero to do with this thread. This is a review thread to potentially aware other consumers that they WILL get fucked if they choose to have work done by them. The OP can be on welfare for all I care. That has nothing to do with this subject. The shop owner brought up that the OP used his school loans to fund the project. Ok? He obviously received that cash with arms wide open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #54
bussitcustoms
Zilvia Junkie

Finish date aside, the quality of the work was still garbage. I don't care if you are rushed- if you can't get it done in time, you let the owner retrieve it incomplete. A short timeframe is not an excuse to half ass everything.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #55
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

i need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to i need tires
OP - you are at fault for not doing your research before spending 16k with a shop with NO rep what so ever.

Shifted Performance - you suck also

All of this could have been simply avoided if the OP did his research from the start. I dont get why people dont do research and then are surprised when they get a fucking hack job lol
Old 04-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #56
travismaser
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bussitcustoms View Post
Finish date aside, the quality of the work was still garbage. I don't care if you are rushed- if you can't get it done in time, you let the owner retrieve it incomplete. A short timeframe is not an excuse to half ass everything.
i agree....i gave them PLENTY of time to have the car finished...they actually had the car "done" and "tuning" it with the GT35R....so they can not blame most of the screw ups on the new turbo install..(but my 35R that was working JUST FINE on my VQ blew while tuning it, with the tuning software wired backwards might i add)..to install the new 4088R, they did not have to remove the motor, trans, breather lines, shifter, shifter extension, radiator, fans, power steering, driveshaft, bell housing, starter, radeo, gauges, head, bearings, BOV, gas tank, subframe, etc....the list could go on for days....we are STILL finding things wrong

they had 2 weeks while i searched for a new turbo and had it shipped to them, THEN i also gave them 2 and a half weeks to install the new turbo and have it tuned....they didnt start installing the new turbo untill 3 days b4 i was coming for pick up....i told him 2 weeks in advance when i was coming...so for him to say he was "rushed" is rediculous
Old 04-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #57
travismaser
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i need tires View Post
OP - you are at fault for not doing your research before spending 16k with a shop with NO rep what so ever.

Shifted Performance - you suck also

All of this could have been simply avoided if the OP did his research from the start. I dont get why people dont do research and then are surprised when they get a fucking hack job lol
i couldnt agree with you any more...i should have done more research....but there also was not any threads on supraforums, my350z or zilvia...those are the three forums im on....so i took a risk...ended up, i got screwed....but me not researching really shouldnt matter...a shop that calls themselves professionals should never put out the quality of work they have...
Old 04-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #58
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travismaser View Post
i agree....i gave them PLENTY of time to have the car finished...they actually had the car "done" and "tuning" it with the GT35R....so they can not blame most of the screw ups on the new turbo install..(but my 35R that was working JUST FINE on my VQ blew while tuning it, with the tuning software wired backwards might i add)..to install the new 4088R, they did not have to remove the motor, trans, breather lines, shifter, shifter extension, radiator, fans, power steering, driveshaft, bell housing, starter, radeo, gauges, head, bearings, BOV, gas tank, subframe, etc....the list could go on for days....we are STILL finding things wrong

they had 2 weeks while i searched for a new turbo and had it shipped to them, THEN i also gave them 2 and a half weeks to install the new turbo and have it tuned....they didnt start installing the new turbo untill 3 days b4 i was coming for pick up....i told him 2 weeks in advance when i was coming...so for him to say he was "rushed" is rediculous
What are their shop hours? Did they closed for the holidays? Are they open on Saturdays?

How many people work there? SAE Mechanics? Mechanical Engineers? Shop Techs? Do they have any equipment? CNC, Lathe, Laser?

How many projects are they currently working on?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #59
travismaser
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
What are their shop hours? Did they closed for the holidays? Are they open on Saturdays?

How many people work there? SAE Mechanics? Mechanical Engineers? Shop Techs? Do they have any equipment? CNC, Lathe, Laser?

How many projects are they currently working on?
he had no "shop hrs"..he just worked on the car all day and thru the night till he got tired...i would get updates from him at 4am on most days when i was getting up for work/school...

my car was the only car he was working on till january..then he moved to his new garage and took on a few other jobs (small stuff)...but at this point, my car was "done" with the old turbo...they were just finishing it up...then the turbo blew...
Old 04-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #60
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

i need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to i need tires
Quote:
Originally Posted by travismaser View Post
i couldnt agree with you any more...i should have done more research....but there also was not any threads on supraforums, my350z or zilvia...those are the three forums im on....so i took a risk...ended up, i got screwed....but me not researching really shouldnt matter...a shop that calls themselves professionals should never put out the quality of work they have...
researching does matter 100%, if not I could be a doctor right now just because I "said so"

Your lack of research was part of the issue, their lack of professionalism is part of the issue. Both are at fault in this situation as that f##### Drake would say #yolo and move on!