Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:15 AM   #31
jeffc8486
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
jeffc8486 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jz_240 View Post
lol agreed here. im wearing mine right now. i love everything about em.
Yeah I know a few people that wear those. They only wear them for running though. There made by a company called Vibram. barefoot running shoes.

Me I prefer to wear my vans authentics. They look good and the soles are thin enough to feel some response. I've never tried driving shoes though.

Last edited by jeffc8486; 11-05-2010 at 12:16 AM.. Reason: Mispell
jeffc8486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2010, 12:18 AM   #32
Rabboni
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Rabboni is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I dont know about all this driving shoe jazz. I drive in whatever happens to be on my feet when I leave the house that day. Only thing I never wear is flip flops; I go bare foot before flip flops. Usually If Im doing some driving that involves skill, Im in my skate shoes just because they are so darn comfortable (Im wide footed).
Old 11-05-2010, 09:12 AM   #33
justcallmecuz

justcallmecuz is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw this topic and couldn't help but be reminded of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BggHmiYDALs&feature=player_embedded

The end of the video is were it is relevant.

I just like to wear my skate shoes while driving, I tried some pumas but didn't like how they felt walking around.
justcallmecuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #34
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
I like any flat soled shoe that is light. Race shoes are nice but they aren't needed. I don't spend enough time on a track to warrant buying them. now if I was a professional driver I would definitely have several pairs.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #35
joeleo1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (14)
joeleo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I have puma driftcats and sparco forget which ones.
joeleo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #36
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Wide feet crew.

Osiris Troma II for three years now.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #37
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
i don't get it...you walk with them on..and it doesn't irritate you....what is it made out of?
Its a very thin rubber sole, basically enough material from getting your feet gouged by rocks and other objects but thin enough to make you feel next to barefoot, the upper can be an elastic mesh, leather, the wetsuit material(i forget the name) or i think one or two others they have several different models, I'll have to make a new thread to avoid going too far off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #38
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
nike 5.0's are pretty legit

but most of the time i wear flip flops, so i rock it barefoot...lol

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
badbob2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #39
180nas

180nas is an unknown quantity at this point
To say racing shoes are not needed in any kind of competition is just silly. There is a reason the shoes are designed the way they are. There is a lot of thought put into a racing shoe. The lacing affects the blood flow. Padding and extra nomex lining in the heel for heat resistance and fatigue for enduros. The thickness of the sole gives sensitivity not felt through a normal shoe. I personally race Puma Future Cat mids, clean design and lets me not worry about my footwork as much when racing. If you wanna find a good cheap shoe try the Lico Fire line. Simple design and FIA approved and around the same price range as a pair of nice skate shoes. If not less when talking about Nike SB's. You don't go running in your business suit so why not use the right equipment. I think having the right driving gear is more important than having nice parts. Also try driving a Formula car with casual shoes.
180nas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #40
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180nas View Post
. I think having the right driving gear is more important than having nice parts.

uhhhhh..... not so much...

Old 11-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #41
HPKMotorsports3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
HPKMotorsports3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
i don't get it...you walk with them on..and it doesn't irritate you....what is it made out of?
the bottom is rubber... its like walking barefoot but instead you have a thin but sufficient layer to protect you from your surroundings... and they grip like a mofo...
HPKMotorsports3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:02 AM   #42
180nas

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob2121 View Post
uhhhhh..... not so much...
not so much if all that you care for is drag racing minivans or doing some "drifts" in the parking lot at your local grocery store when its closed. than by all means enlighten me oh wise one?
Old 11-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #43
180nas

yes i think i understand after looking at your build list. having custom mounted tweeters will most definitely make my driving experience better.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #44
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
not so much if all that you care for is drag racing minivans or doing some "drifts" in the parking lot at your local grocery store when its closed. than by all means enlighten me oh wise one?
so your trying to say getting nice "racing" shoes would help increase my performance on the track more than say a nice 2 way and a tight suspension???....i doubt it, and fyi...i love drag racing minivans

Old 11-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #45
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192

Lots of experience in these shoes lol

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #46
Shitty_S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Shitty_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
not so much if all that you care for is drag racing minivans or doing some "drifts" in the parking lot at your local grocery store when its closed.

how do you know my daily routine?!!!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #47
xsidewayzx
Zilvia Junkie

xsidewayzx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post

END THREAD
You said you use these for running? How good are they? Might consider this. Would it be good for 10k runs everyday?

Electronic Warfare Sergeant
xsidewayzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:56 PM   #48
HPKMotorsports3
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsidewayzx View Post
You said you use these for running? How good are they? Might consider this. Would it be good for 10k runs everyday?
yea but you need to purchase the correct model they have it on the site which are the best for what... but you need to strengthen your feet before you can start running 10k...
Old 11-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #49
xsidewayzx
Zilvia Junkie

xsidewayzx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPKMotorsports3 View Post
yea but you need to purchase the correct model they have it on the site which are the best for what... but you need to strengthen your feet before you can start running 10k...
Believe me my feet are pretty tough now. 7 years in the Army, all have been in the Infantry world especially 10th Mountain Division where we walk and run everywhere we go. For the past 7 years I have put over 500k on my huffs. And to know these are vibram, thats the only sole I would use on my boots.

Electronic Warfare Sergeant
xsidewayzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #50
HPKMotorsports3
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Believe me my feet are pretty tough now. 7 years in the Army, all have been in the Infantry world especially 10th Mountain Division where we walk and run everywhere we go. For the past 7 years I have put over 500k on my huffs. And to know these are vibram, thats the only sole I would use on my boots.
yea but your boots have a very tough sole close to 2" these are like nothin so its like walkin with the vibrams
Old 11-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #51
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I don't see the benefit of spending $$$ on race/driving specific shoes personally.
I just can't see myself buying shoes exclusively for driving.

However, I do like shoes that have thin soles and are light overall.
That allows a bit more feedback imo.
Likewise, using something with thick soles & heavy, like boots are the worst.
I've been most happy with the Tiger Mexico '66 shoes & Addidas Samba Classics

BAM

onitsuka tiger mexico 66 hands down best driving shoe
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #52
180nas

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob2121 View Post
so your trying to say getting nice "racing" shoes would help increase my performance on the track more than say a nice 2 way and a tight suspension???....i doubt it, and fyi...i love drag racing minivans
yes i do. having nice parts will increase the performance of your car. not you the driver. there are a lot of things can that be learned with driving an inferior car. learning weight transfer and maintaining grip is much easier with a car that is fairly stock. there are a lot of drivers that hide behind their cars. also many drivers are too quick to blame their cars with handling issues instead of adjusting the manner of their driving. too many driver do not drive the limit because they do not understand the limit.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #53
Shitty_S14
Zilvia Member

Shitty_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought drivving shoes, gloves, head sock, and full driver race suit cause I was told it would make me a formula d champ.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #54
Adeadcurrent
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Adeadcurrent is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Adeadcurrent
Used to rock skate shoes, but they were big and bulky. Horrible pedal feel, I have had a pair of Puma Speedcats for the past year and haven't looked back. They are comfy (even for my wide size 14 foot e_e) and I am looking to buy my second pair soon as these have about had it.
Adeadcurrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #55
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
yes i do. having nice parts will increase the performance of your car. not you the driver. there are a lot of things can that be learned with driving an inferior car. learning weight transfer and maintaining grip is much easier with a car that is fairly stock. there are a lot of drivers that hide behind their cars. also many drivers are too quick to blame their cars with handling issues instead of adjusting the manner of their driving. too many driver do not drive the limit because they do not understand the limit.

hmmm cool. either way expirience will make the driver...not the shoes. just saying

Old 11-06-2010, 11:44 PM   #56
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Even though your feet have become acclimated with boots it is nothing like walking/running barefoot or with the vibrams, with the boots you at least have some cushion to absorb impact/hide improper running technique. I definitely wouldn't recommend running an immediate long distance run right away in these, for the first week or so i would say use them mostly for walks or sprints on grassy areas to get your feet used to them. I ran alot before typically 5-8 miles a day in regular shoes but had heard of several cases of people getting fractures/shinsplints/itb syndrome because of trying to overtrain before their body was used to it.(same happened to me the first week i used nike frees and tried to continue my typical running regiment) As far as shoes go they are really as basic as it can get, just enough material to prevent rocks from jabbing you yet leave you with all the feedback you could hope for and more. I'm still building up my leg strength in mine so they are a supplement to my normal shoes for now until i can fully switch over so i can still get my distances in. Some Sports Chalet's and smaller running stores will carry them but i'd call or check the vibram website to be sure they stock them, because you want to make sure they fit right and feel comfy, they should basically fit like a glove. Also sports chalet does military discount any more questions feel free to pm me, i'll be making a new thread in off-topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #57
koukistylejdm
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
koukistylejdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
get a pair of G-force. they are nice, cheap and confo but just to respect the rulebook... not the best shoes for driving imo i prefer low tops shoes instead
for free ankle movement
koukistylejdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #58
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
Quote:
loll there's a difference from wearing boots and stuff and these for running.

try playing soccer in jamaica barefoot on loose gravel/pavement. then you can say you got tough feet.

but those toe shoes do look cool.

edit..
but for driving shoes why not adidas sambas.. most comfy shoes i've worn and they cost like 30bux.
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #59
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
OK guys lets keep the BS to a minimum... compairing $1000 in parts to a pair of $100 shoes? really??

The question is...
"What do you wear on your feet when the pedal is down???"

So lets go with this... credibility...

Do you Daily Drive and/or Weekend Warrior?
Profesional or Semi Pro?
Years Racing?
Class?
What Shoes do you Prefer?

Thank you..
-Drew
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:06 AM   #60
frankiman

frankiman is an unknown quantity at this point