Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #31
Leetfade
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Leetfade is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I did a VCT delete when I put in the JWT S3 cams (bought them used and didn't want to send them out to get tapped). I missed the mid-range kick but I also hadn't upgraded my turbo yet to really see the potential of the cams.

Once again, it comes down to how you're using it. Do you need more low end torque, mid-range, or top-end?
Leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #32
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Not even sure why there is an argument about the details when you overlook the ridiculous price you'd be paying for either. Go to the for sale threads, check for motors, and pick one. Most are cheaper than the price you're looking for with a built head or bottom end, better turbo, and more. I'm not going to sit here and flame because it's useless - everyone else will maul you. I'll be slightly helpful. I'd personally go with the S13 blacktop [which is why I purchased mine] and start buying up parts. The parts are more plentiful, cheaper in price, and they're proven. It's not easy finding second-hand S14 SR parts, well, not as easy as you can find the S13 parts. Hopefully this helps.

Invest in a flame suit and the search bar, too.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #33
nighthawk48
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (26)
nighthawk48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysharonna View Post
here we go again.......

You know the reason I hardly have any posts..... it's because I research before I ask ANYTHING, and you know what, I find my answers.....
^^^^this. Same. Search and you'll find a thread for this same question. Actually a number of them. Whichever you choose would also depend on what purpose you're going for. Lsx would prob be more reliable for daily driving for the power, yet again I've never had a Prob with my s14 (14k+ miles since swap). These engines are used so you never know. Whatever you choose to use, just remember to build it right, build it once. Don't cheap out for f*ck's sake.
nighthawk48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #34
mysharonna
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
mysharonna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crondy View Post
i strongly believe that ANYTHING you want to know is on the internet. But just because i ask a question, does that mean im not already actively trying to find an answer? of course not, but that's what is ASSUMED and that's all im trying to say. there's no need to post if you don't like what the thread is about. you can't change the thread title, and if mods don't delete then it's just another thread with a title that somebody wants to look at but cant get any good info out of.
I thought realsr20 started this thread... I wasn't talking to you.

That being said, this thread is pointless unless the OP posts what he intends to do with the car, power goals, etc... even then, its all been said many many times before.

When did doing research become the 2nd step when building cars?
mysharonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #35
Crondy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Crondy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysharonna View Post
I thought realsr20 started this thread... I wasn't talking to you.

That being said, this thread is pointless unless the OP posts what he intends to do with the car, power goals, etc... even then, its all been said many many times before.

When did doing research become the 2nd step when building cars?

I wasn't fucking talking to you? i quoted you because you actually contributed to what i had to say.

everybody needs to lose their egos, theirs no such thing.
Crondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #36
Crondy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Crondy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yes i agree this thread is pointless, again not what im getting at.
Crondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #37
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I've yet to meet a 19 year old who has a car worth a shit and actually knows how to work on it much less any other new or aspiring s-chassis owner who registers on this site asks a question like this and then figures it's okay to consult with us every time a decision has to be made about what to put on or in their cars.
I try my best to be an exception
Old 02-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #38
Envy

Trader Rating: (0)
Envy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Envy Send a message via MSN to Envy
7.3L V12 from the SL73 AMG /thread
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote