Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Media Forum / Pictures / Videos

Media Forum / Pictures / Videos Forum dedicated to media, such as pictures and videos.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #31
unwtdhero
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
unwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tricky_ab nail on the head.

Importing any 20+ car and paying over 10k?
Nah the rhd and single turbo doesnt amount to that.
Maybe a iconic car thats rare, or has rare options.

I didnt buy this car to piss anyone off, despite what the wannabe mods imply.

I bought it cause im over dailying a shit mobile. Period.

One might reply "stop buying shitmobiles" to which i would answer....
Does your 240 have a keyfob? A new car smell?
Do more guys (than women) ask about your car?

If you answered yes to any of these, you might be dailying a "shitmobile"

Prepare for "shitblizzard"
unwtdhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2014, 05:46 PM   #32
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwtdhero View Post
Tricky_ab nail on the head.

Importing any 20+ car and paying over 10k?
Nah the rhd and single turbo doesnt amount to that.
Maybe a iconic car thats rare, or has rare options.

I didnt buy this car to piss anyone off, despite what the wannabe mods imply.

I bought it cause im over dailying a shit mobile. Period.

One might reply "stop buying shitmobiles" to which i would answer....
Does your 240 have a keyfob? A new car smell?
Do more guys (than women) ask about your car?

If you answered yes to any of these, you might be dailying a "shitmobile"

Prepare for "shitblizzard"
So, what you are saying is that u consider ur new frs a shitmobile?
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:01 PM   #33
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Ive been on zilvia for 7 years, this is what ive learned...
You all hate any 240
You all hate any other fr platform
Big wheels are cool
Big wheels arent cool....

I rest my case.
lol this made me laugh.

I do love these little cars. Honestly, if this thing had a Nissan badge on it it would obviously accepted better by most folks on here.

Driven the BRZ and really enjoyed it, even as an auto. I almost bought if it weren't the idea of 3 2 door cars sitting in my driveway and still needing to bum a truck once in a while.

Next year I'll probably be out of the S-Chassis game and get myself a new car as well. Doubt it'll be a 2 door as it's just not convenient enough for me now.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #34
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
^I agree. I would never sell my s14 and the thought of paying 25+k for a modern version of the same car doesn't make sense imo. My second car is a 5 speed IS300 and I love how much different it is than the s-chassis.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #35
Loufig
Leaky Injector

Loufig is making his/her stupidity well-knownLoufig is making his/her stupidity well-knownLoufig is making his/her stupidity well-knownLoufig is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Until the RB goes pop, and you're out a bunch of cash for a rebuild. Skylines are not cheap to run or maintain...

...have fun...

And OP sounded like he was over 20+ year old cars...
Well I have owned it for 3 years no issues and daily driven and since i have a rb 25 and 26 in my garage and the rb 25 has a full rebuild I think I will be ok. Thats what happens when you live in japan for 8 years...
Loufig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:11 AM   #36
Loufig
Leaky Injector

Loufig is making his/her stupidity well-knownLoufig is making his/her stupidity well-knownLoufig is making his/her stupidity well-knownLoufig is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loufig View Post
Well I have owned it for 3 years no issues and daily driven and since i have a rb 25 and 26 in my garage and the rb 25 has a full rebuild I think I will be ok. Thats what happens when you live in japan for 8 years...
Btw I paid 13k 3 years ago for my R34... still cheaper then a frs. not trying to dick measure or act like I'm better then you but FRS would be my last choice in a car. You would of gotten less hate from a genesis, solstice, or sky.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:24 AM   #37
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
2014 frs

Base/6speed

Managing 31.7 mpg on average
am I the only one who thinks that this car should be getting like 40-50 MPG?

It's 2014...

Datsuns and Toyotas were getting 40-50 MPG in the 70's... Don't tell me it all has to do with weight.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #38
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loufig View Post
Btw I paid 13k 3 years ago for my R34... still cheaper then a frs. not trying to dick measure or act like I'm better then you but FRS would be my last choice in a car. You would of gotten less hate from a genesis, solstice, or sky.
Those cars (the other 3, not the R34) are all gay as hell. The Subaru Toyota is much better. That said, it is extremely irritating how many of these FRS/BRZ owners won't shut up about how their car is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You can get a lightly used 370Z or C6 vette for mid to high 20's, rather than something that's underpowered and doesn't have proper tires. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is a fun little car. It just seems to be very overhyped.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:19 AM   #39
Loufig
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
Those cars (the other 3, not the R34) are all gay as hell. The Subaru Toyota is much better. That said, it is extremely irritating how many of these FRS/BRZ owners won't shut up about how their car is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You can get a lightly used 370Z or C6 vette for mid to high 20's, rather than something that's underpowered and doesn't have proper tires. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is a fun little car. It just seems to be very overhyped.
Haha, I was saying it as an insult to the frs..
Old 08-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #40
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post

It's 2014...

Datsuns and Toyotas were getting 40-50 MPG in the 70's... Don't tell me it all has to do with weight.

twice the power and 900lb heavier...
Old 08-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #41
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
I do love these little cars. Honestly, if this thing had the WRX's turbo engine in it would obviously accepted better by most folks on here.
Fixed that for you.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:37 PM   #42
DreamN
Post Whore!

DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post

It's 2014...

Somewhat agree, but boxer engines have never been high MPG cars as far I know. Not to mention you have a difference in power and weight to make things less favorable in MPG for newer cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
R34 isn't federally legal.

People get excited about their cars. Let them be. It happens in almost all circles.

OP could have just wanted a new car. Some people like the experience of being the only owner for a change.

I still don't get this overhyped argument. It's a car that was marketed for it's handling. Which is pretty much on point. Aftermarket has jumped all over it with goodies, including some nice power adders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
twice the power and 900lb heavier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Fixed that for you.
That would give it a broader customer base, but honestly the styling alone catches so much attention by itself that people are simply drawn to the little car. That's more of what would fix the car for you.

I'm not a HP power fiend. Actually prefer a well balanced and great handling car over tons of power. FRS/BRZ fits the bill. Unfortunately it doesn't fit my current needs.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 08-01-2014, 09:42 PM   #43
Silviastunter
Leaky Injector

Silviastunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice brz......... Oh wait it's a toyota. No.. Subaru
Silviastunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:43 PM   #44
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
That would give it a broader customer base, but honestly the styling alone catches so much attention by itself that people are simply drawn to the little car. That's more of what would fix the car for you.

I'm not a HP power fiend. Actually prefer a well balanced and great handling car over tons of power. FRS/BRZ fits the bill. Unfortunately it doesn't fit my current needs.
You said it having a Nissan badge would garner more interest in this car from this site. I said having the WRX's motor would do that better.

Who said anything about tons of power? Are you the type that would prefer an N/A KA over an SR20DET? Just asking. Because I don't know where this HP fiend stuff is coming from. The WRX motor is about 265hp at the crank nowadays. But you seem to be implying that an FRS/BRZ with a power to weight ratio a tab bit better than an S2000 or SR20DET powered S14 Silvia would somehow make it inferior than it current state...
Old 08-01-2014, 10:09 PM   #45
DreamN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
You said it having a Nissan badge would garner more interest in this car from this site. I said having the WRX's motor would do that better.

Who said anything about tons of power? Are you the type that would prefer an N/A KA over an SR20DET? Just asking. Because I don't know where this HP fiend stuff is coming from. The WRX motor is about 265hp at the crank nowadays. But you seem to be implying that an FRS/BRZ with a power to weight ratio a tab bit better than an S2000 or SR20DET powered S14 Silvia would somehow make it inferior than it current state...
Be honest, if this thing was actually a Nissan there would be so many more fanboys on this site rather than the typical "not enough power argument." Though, say it had the WRX engine. Price would obviously be affected and you'll have folks going with the other argument of "why buy this when you can that."

I don't mind an N/A KA, but I also don't mind an SR20DET. No huge preference now. I'm just content with how the FRS/BRZ is out of the box (Minus the wheels).

No implication of more power making it inferior, not sure where you got that. I mentioned that I am not a power fiend. "Tons of power," again, my preference. Both things that I mentioned as opinions. Not sure why you're digging at that, but cool beans.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 08-01-2014, 10:22 PM   #46
Tujin

Tujin is an unknown quantity at this point
They are nice cars, but I disagree with the "better than any 20+ Nissan" bit. Hence why I gave mine up for an 89 Skyline

I loved the way mine sounded with Borla UEL and a loud exhaust

Clips:
(driveway)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCCca3WUtOg

and
(driving)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBwI0_CnLRw
Tujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #47
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
All you guys who think it has enough power need to go drive an NA or NB miata. Then drive one with forced induction and good tires and come back here and tell me you'd ever go back to the regular one.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #48
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Congrats on the new ride....
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #49
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Be honest, if this thing was actually a Nissan there would be so many more fanboys on this site rather than the typical "not enough power argument." Though, say it had the WRX engine. Price would obviously be affected and you'll have folks going with the other argument of "why buy this when you can that."

I don't mind an N/A KA, but I also don't mind an SR20DET. No huge preference now. I'm just content with how the FRS/BRZ is out of the box (Minus the wheels).

No implication of more power making it inferior, not sure where you got that. I mentioned that I am not a power fiend. "Tons of power," again, my preference. Both things that I mentioned as opinions. Not sure why you're digging at that, but cool beans.
You came out of left field claiming to not be a HP fiend when I mentioned a 265hp motor. Kinda implies that you think that's excessive for the FRS/BRZ. If you don't think that's excessive, then I must have misunderstood you. But to imply that most of us are so simple as to be satisfied with it being badged as a Nissan rather than getting a turbo engine that was previously in production is insulting really. Most of us are looking for the successor to the Silvia, not the AE86 or USDM 240sx.

You can't go very long on an FRS board without someone asking about swapping in the FA20DIT.

You're saying that using the WRX engine would have made the FRS/BRZ more expensive, yet the more complex WRX manages to sell at the same price as the 86. Probably because it's chassis is cross utilized throughout Subaru's line, unlike the 86. So maybe you're right. Maybe not.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #50
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Too bad Nissan won't step up... so lame.

this car is the new 240sx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rErxqBGHeFk

Nissan needs a new Mr. K
Old 08-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #51
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

spools420a is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel mkiv View Post
And why do we care?
because you clicked the link dummy.
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #52
PrinceDanny
Leaky Injector

PrinceDanny is an unknown quantity at this point
Lolol my 1997 240sx has a key fob ��
PrinceDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:41 AM   #53
stevenwhite1989
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
stevenwhite1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My friend has this kit on his.
http://fullblownmotorsports.com/full...base-turbo-kit

He is running faster in the 1/8th with this on stock tires and 7 PSI than he was in his SR S13 Coupe w/ better tires and 12 PSI by about .5 seconds, its running on par with his stock AP2 S2K. He has also had a first gen Gen Coupe, which was god awful in every category.

I personally like the car's looks, it is a bit under powered, but with the aftermarket support you can fix that, and the thing handles really well.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:03 AM   #54
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenwhite1989 View Post
My friend has this kit on his.
http://fullblownmotorsports.com/full...base-turbo-kit

He is running faster in the 1/8th with this on stock tires than he was in his SR S13 Coupe w/ better tires by about .5 seconds, its running on par with his stock AP2 S2K. He has also had a first gen Gen Coupe, which was god awful in every category.

I personally like the car's looks, it is a bit under powered, but with the aftermarket support you can fix that, and the thing handles really well.
I know the car is "new to the market" but over $6K for a turbo kit? Damn son.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17592

One from Enjuku's site is still $4K+ for 276WHP...

Supercharger though... 295HP for $4200...

I'm sure they'll come down, but it sucks you have to drop $4K+ to get the HP numbers it should have. If STI or TRD made a turbo kit for $5K, at least you'd get factory build quality and not void your warranty.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:15 AM   #55
stevenwhite1989
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
stevenwhite1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
I know the car is "new to the market" but over $6K for a turbo kit? Damn son.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17592

One from Enjuku's site is still $4K+ for 276WHP...

Supercharger though... 295HP for $4200...

I'm sure they'll come down, but it sucks you have to drop $4K+ to get the HP numbers it should have. If STI or TRD made a turbo kit for $5K, at least you'd get factory build quality and not void your warranty.
His kit came with bigger injectors, larger fuel pump, and Tial BOV as well, which is why it was a little more expensive.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:32 AM   #56
jsu1012
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
nice frs. cool cars, handle very well. no power, shit turning angle. My brother has the r spec turbo 2.0 gen, stock engine frs vs him with bolt ons is literally neck and neck. his car feels better drifting, the frs feels better spirit driving through mtns.

my wife's frs, my silvia.

@streetstyle_jay
jsu1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #57
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Nice car, I went the new car route after my 240.... 1 year later im bored of it. And its still basically a updated 240. I picked the G37s over a Z. But like stated somewhere else in the thread the monthly payments do tend to get old.

never the less nice pick up man. I like it.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #58
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
FRS is nice and all cause its new but they are quickly turning into the new celica they are EVERYWHERE.
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote