Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #31
Brentbohn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Brentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
well think my kouki should be worth about 7k its still a ka non turbo but has 3k worth of upgrades on it... kbb thinks its 4500 which is insulting... and low ballers will offer exactly that 4500

Wanted: Good well mannered athletic woman with her own classic or sports car.... send photo of car
Brentbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #32
Audios
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Audios is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbohn View Post
well think my kouki should be worth about 7k its still a ka non turbo but has 3k worth of upgrades on it... kbb thinks its 4500 which is insulting... and low ballers will offer exactly that 4500
Put it stock, sell it for 4500 and sell the parts separately. You can't factor aftermarket parts with kbb so why complain about it. You said "I think its worth 7K" its your car and to you it might be worth X amount but at the end of the day it is what it is.
Audios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #33
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob2121 View Post
My s13 KBB's at $1480

any takers? lol
$1480 for your SR S13? Yes. Gimme. I'll come get it....haha

Quote:
I swear to god, Kouki guys are annoying thinking their cars are so damned valuable. The chassis is ancient and it makes like 120hp to the wheels stock. $7000 could buy a WRX, IS300, E46 330I or almost a 350Z. Get over yourself. Yeah, it's got potential... but so does a fucking Miata.

I think the values are right on target as they are not considering BS like drift tax or aftermarket tuner value. The whole reason 240's got so popular in the first place was because they were cheap as shit. Buyers should be glad the hype is dying down and returning to normal. Ppl are getting smarter now. They know $7000 could buy them a much better car.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #34
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
hahaha your best bet would be to begin a new factor of measure and call it the Modified Car Blue Book or MCBB

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 01-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #35
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute

So, where we being serious? I mean, the thought that any intelligible person would use KBB for anything is laughable. And the fact that everyone thinks that 240's are some magical gold pot is also laughable...but totally understandable since 240's are awesome.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #36
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
stop crying over insurance
theyre only there to take your money, and if you really cared about insurance then you would include all the parts you invested into it, which would then raise the value of your rates, which would then lead to you bitching about high insurance because the car's value is greater
Old 01-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #37
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Jay Leno Predicts Future Collectible and Classic Cars - Popular Mechanics

pot of gold maybe. ionno about magic.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #38
TeamFRAT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
TeamFRAT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hold up

AHHAHAHAHAHAH

Think all you want man. Thats the greatest part about america
TeamFRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:37 PM   #39
GhostlyCoupe
Zilvia Member

GhostlyCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
If we want to make a good case for this, we first need to burn all the piles of **** with mismatched body panels, stripped interiors, and 4 different wheels.

(No, I'm not talking about race cars, I'm talking about cars that are just plain bad and have never seen a track day)
GhostlyCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #40
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
KBB isnt the problem...the issue is people thinking they throw in Ebay parts in their car and automatically think their $3k POS is worth $6k if that.

If you cant afford the sellers asking price then dont buy it. If nobody buys it, the seller will drop their price. Insurance wise, who the fuck gets full coverage on 15-20 yr old car? Save your damn premium money and use the money to get another chassis or attempt to fix it if you wreck. Dont depend on insurance to cover your ass...we all know insurance is fucking rip off.

If I wrecked my S14, I'd be pissed but its just a damn car. Its not the fucking cure for AIDS!!! I'll look for another S14 within my price range and throw in the parts Ill get off my old chassis.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #41
davinci
Leaky Injector

davinci is an unknown quantity at this point
hahah kbb prices stuff for an avg STOCK car.. the average person buying a car does not care about drift tax or aftermarket tax. Your car is not a collector item. I bought my s13 coupe in great shape for 600. its a 20 year old car aka the civic of the nissan world.. its not an impalla or 69 camaro..

IF you wanna sell your car then put it back to stock and part out the aftermarket. ANYTIME you put aftermarket parts on your car you are risking losing money when you sell it. every car depreciates unless its a classic or you find that one person who wants to pay what you think its worth...
davinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:41 AM   #42
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
wait till they see drift missiles and the majority on craigslists that are all busted up from failed interests in drifting lol.

There is a market for a modified car and whatever value you want for it, it comes down to how much the person will pay for it . Make up your own price, if you don't want to sell it for cheap, than don't sell it.. someone else will think its worth what your asking and give it to you eventually. hell my rx7 , prior owners where wanting $9k for it in 07 . I traded a car of similar value for it.

Remember to keep it tastefully modded, no janky shit..
Old 01-18-2012, 05:08 AM   #43
s-cargo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
s-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Personally dont mind the fact there getting cheaper, because i buy them cheap(its also nice to only pay 10-20$ for exise tax lol).
People need to realize that there is a price cap on anything they "invest" in. if you buy a clean stock 240 for 2 grand and dump 10 into it on aero and paint wheels etc, its not worth 12 grand.
BUT if you take that same 2,000$ car and put say 3-4,000 worth of meaningfull mods (brakes, suspension,engine performance, maintinence etc) you can get a few years of fun out of it and sell it for close to what you have invested. just dont over do it and you wont be dissapointed.
s-cargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:03 AM   #44
Bunnywith240

Bunnywith240 is an unknown quantity at this point
This thread is unnecessary.
Bunnywith240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #45
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Dealers use Galves!
Highway Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:19 AM   #46
Brentbohn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Brentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyCoupe View Post
If we want to make a good case for this, we first need to burn all the piles of **** with mismatched body panels, stripped interiors, and 4 different wheels.

(No, I'm not talking about race cars, I'm talking about cars that are just plain bad and have never seen a track day)

Exactly... lets crush all like this.... oh wait there goes the s13's

Wanted: Good well mannered athletic woman with her own classic or sports car.... send photo of car
Brentbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #47
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Haha...

It's funny cuz its true.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #48
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
i think alot of people still appreciate these cars even before the drift craze blew up and people see them as throw away cars/drift missiles
Old 01-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #49
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I believe with the cheap prices we see for the G35 and 350Z, it's very laughable to see a 240SX going for +$7K.

Quote:
my 98 kouki is one of 1281 total produced.... that is rare
True, but not a collector's item. You won't see someone overseas placing a bid for one 15 years from now. Just sayin..
Old 01-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #50
epson1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (-1)
epson1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
so where's this almighty 'petition' you speak of?

also, how much do you expect 14+ year old cars to cost? The S-chassis is no high end car like mentioned earlier.

KBB for a 98 Supra TT in 'excellent' condition from a private seller is less than $20K. Find me one that's in excellent condition selling for that price.

KBB doesn't give a shit about supply and demand and other variable factors like drift tax.

The older the car, the lower the KBB value. I think it's what they call...depreciation?
You're fucking stupid. 98 supra booking for less than 20? they book for 39,000 in good condition with 55,000 miles. that sounds about right. go KBB it right now and come back and complain. Waaaa my 1990 nissan hatchback books for 1500$. yeah that sounds about right. KBB isn't going to take into account for mad tyte JDM Aero or -52 offset wheels you moron.
epson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #51
DustinSixOh9
Zilvia Junkie

DustinSixOh9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wait you mean to tell me my 20 year old economy car isn't worth $10,000?! Bummer.
DustinSixOh9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #52
Chronicle
Leaky Injector

Chronicle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinSixOh9 View Post
Wait you mean to tell me my 20 year old economy car isn't worth $10,000?! Bummer.
Exactly. The biggest problem with someone looking to enter the S-chassis world is how SO many people put unnecessary "drift taxes" on cars. The first 240 I looked at was an S13. It was a 91 coupe 5 speed with 120k miles. It suffered shit tons of dents and paint scratches. The clutch, brakes and starter didn't work, and they wanted $1500 for it. The second car I looked at (and bought) was a 96 Zenki 5 speed. 261k, (original engine and trans) Clean interior, the only problems were all four tires were bald, the rear shocks were completely blown, and the paint was fading. $1450 and I drove it home 120 miles away.

Moral of the story? Going sideways doesn't cost much to do, and cars capable of doing so don't deserve a premium.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #53
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (54)
driftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
OP you are a fucking idiot. This thread is pointless. You just want the kbb to be high so when you sell your car you can much more than it is really worth. KBB doesnt set the price so stop crying.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #54
chriskilla2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
chriskilla2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
no need to call anyone names geez. i looked up some old for sale thread. apparently to some ppl have been buying kouki's for 4 grand since 2002
chriskilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #55
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
im all for KBB nerfing the value.

- keeps stupid peopole who know nothing about them away from a ever dwindling chassis
- if you wreck at event or track you fucked yourself. theres a reason why both the track and insurance make people sign waivers for this.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #56
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
You're complaining about the price of a 14-23 year old car? Prices are bound to bottom out at that age.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #57
slowvia
Zilvia Junkie

slowvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
I don't plan on getting into accidents, I drive like a sane human being.
No one plans on getting in an accident. I drive like a sane human being, but that didnt help last month when I got rear ended at a dead stop.
slowvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:05 AM   #58
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Someone buy up all the old Z33's before the drift tax hits them any harder than it already has. Easy money!!!!
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:01 AM   #59
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

ashtonroche is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Well this did happen to the 3000gt/stealth communities in the past 4 years they saw more than a 50% value drop from what I have heard.... Things do decline in value but it would seem that our pride has taken an unjust hit in the past few years... kouki's for 3k and s13's for less than 1k seems really terrible unless your the one purchasing it... lets try
The price of a 3000gt/stealth should be low on those pieces of shit. The fact that most owners dont take care of them and do the maintenance is asking for disaster. I dont know how many times at the drag strip did i see 3000gt vr4's and stealths snap their timing belts and throw pieces of the bottom end out the block. I know several people that bought them and didnt last a couple months before either breaking the timing belt or something else happening that basicly rendered the car useless. Biggest pieces of junk cars out there hands down. Id rather own a geo metro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenig View Post
Yeah, the price of bone stock s13's is out of control. I got mine earlier this year with lots of upgrades for $2200, but I was looking for a long time before I found it. These fools who are putting up their stock s13's with quarter panel damage and rust for 3500 are not realizing that the cost gets driven up by upgrades. coils, 5 lug, lsd's, motor swaps, cages, etc.

'tis ridiculous.
Exactly, I dont know how they get off thinking their 240's are worth soo much just because of popularity. So what if its one of the most popular drift cars out there. Who cares. Doesnt make your car worth any more.

The price of KBB should stay where its at. Plain and simple. A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Like even people on here trying to sell stock SR swapped s13's with just the bar essentials to have it run right and be safe for 5&6k. Definitely not worth it being you can find a clean s13 chassis for 1k, a complete s13 SR swap can be had for 1500-2000 easy, throw in about 500 bucks for essentials like fmic, bov, and walbro fuel pump and a boost gauge and your all set. So now all of a sudden a car they have 3500 into is now worth 5 or 6k. I dont think so. Youll never get back what you put into a car when it comes to modifying. Plain and simple. Very very rarely.

This petition is stupid. A stock clean S13 with 100-200k miles should be no more than 2000-2500 bucks at most. A junky one needing paint, body work, or rusted 1500 or less which im sure is what kbb accuratly describes the value as.

Your car because its some drift machine doesnt mean its worth any more if someone t-bones you and totals it out. Buy the car back, take what they give you for value, buy another chassis and start over or sell off the parts.

I have coming up around 20k into my B13 se-r but i can tell you if someone wrecked into me and totaled it I would not expect insurance to pay me 20k dollars. lol.

This whole thing is a waste of time.
ashtonroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:51 AM   #60
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
The fact some of you are getting butthurt makes this thread pretty funny. The twist in it all is the kid thought he scored by buying the car for double it's value and now trying to turn it around and realized he got fucked.

Sorry, bro. Depreciation is a percentage per year. After 15 years, the car is worth nearly nothing unless it's a collectors item. The fact you own one shows the fact that it most likely is not.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote