Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #31
vehicle336
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
vehicle336 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrischeezer View Post
almost crash tested the r32 two weeks ago... gets out of hand @ 180+
Cool story... Brosef.

Vid?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #32
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVirus1 View Post
who the fuck actually attempted reading this shit..
I did, and it was actually pretty interesting. But then again maybe it's just that I'm one of the rare few on this forum blessed with spelling/grammar skills and reading comprehension. Not to mention an attention span longer than that of a goldfish.

Then again this is why you get shit on in most threads you post in. RB20s are for retards.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #33
Unvevo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (9)
Unvevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
That was a good read.
Unvevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #34
BlewByYou
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
BlewByYou is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
It was posted for people that's never seen it nor knew it was covered. I just scrolled past it on Facebook an thought it was very interesting what had happen. Sucks what it came down too but its the past(Old Shit) haha

An if there is a THREAD that covered this, please post it :P
BlewByYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #35
BlewByYou
Zilvia FREAK!

Its always interesting to hear why they think Motorex was closed. "Illegal car imports ?" Nope. " Defrauding the EPA?" Nope. "Attempted kidnapping, and assault with a deadly weapon over some cars ?" Yep. In the end it was money, and cars, and Hiro using other peoples money. Robbing Peter to pay Paul. There was one guy got caught up in it. "Tom". This guy "Tom" supposedly "stole" 5 cars. I wonder if he stole them, or Hiro gave them to him, and then told the car owner that they were stolen.

Everything was a big mess. It took the police, and the NHTSA issuing a blanket bond release to 1/2 way sort out. Still only 1/2 way. It was such a huge mess in the end. So many people got screwed over. Hiro blew a lot of peoples money on partying.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #36
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlewByYou View Post
It was posted for people that's never seen it nor knew it was covered. I just scrolled past it on Facebook an thought it was very interesting what had happen. Sucks what it came down too but its the past(Old Shit) haha

An if there is a THREAD that covered this, please post it :P

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/2...rex-story.html

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/1...-000-bail.html

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/104112-moto...-arrested.html

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/66582-motorex.html

There ya go, been covered a LOT of times...

racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #37
BlewByYou
Zilvia FREAK!

Sweet thanks bud!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #38
ComicArtist
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ComicArtist is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I thought it was a pretty good read. Surprised no one has tried to make a movie about it yet. It'd probably be better than the F&F movies. Especially if it was rated R and showed some asian titties.
ComicArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #39
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicArtist View Post
Especially if it was rated R and showed some asian titties.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:20 AM   #40
Hellother
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Hellother is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
So anyone with some actual insight in this "25 year rule." I thought in California it was only for smog, and the 25 years was a fixed 25 years from whatever date they set? I just hear everyone talking about getting r32's in a year or whatever and I just don't buy into it. But hey if I'm wrong someone shove me in the right direction.
Is there mud and or oil involved?
Hellother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #41
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
20 years in nevada :P
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #42
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Bambi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
No but seriously, a movie would be tits.
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #43
Shadowhunter
Zilvia Addict

Shadowhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
No but seriously, a movie would be tits.
Haha I was, thinking the same thing. Despite the article's age it was written really well and I enjoyed it. For some reason it left me feeling nostalgic.
Shadowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #44
240sxDavid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
240sxDavid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
25 YEAR OLD SMOG RULE MY ASS....
WERE IN 2013 AND ONLY CARS PRE 1976 ARE SMOG EXEMPT? THAT DOESNT SOUND RIGHT

PS. im sorry for all caps, im not yelling, just conflicted
240sxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #45
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxDavid View Post
25 YEAR OLD SMOG RULE MY ASS....
WERE IN 2013 AND ONLY CARS PRE 1976 ARE SMOG EXEMPT? THAT DOESNT SOUND RIGHT

PS. im sorry for all caps, im not yelling, just conflicted
Beginning April 1, 2005, the 30-year rolling exemption has been repealed. Instead, vehicles 1975 model-year and older will be exempt. Therefore, 1976 model-year and newer vehicles will continue to be subject to biennial inspection indefinitely.

Beginning April 1, 2005, vehicles being initially registered in California that were previously registered in another state are exempt if the vehicle is a 1975 and older model-year vehicle. Newer vehicles, the first 6 model years, are not exempted upon initial registration in California. These vehicles are required to undergo a Smog Check Inspection.

There's a bill I remember reading a while back in Jalopnik that stated California is trying to repeal this rule again and require all cars, regardless of age, to pass smog.

Back on original subject, you're technically free to import Skylines and drive them on the race tracks. The only problem is you cannot at all costs drive them on public roads, and that's why people are bitching about. I love the R32 and R34 as much as any Japanese car enthusiasts, but if you care about performance, then there are modern cars that would even outperform the R34 (stock vs stock, not modified) like the 370z, new Ford Boss Mustang, and E46 M3s. If all you cared about is modified status, then the same modifications on any publicly available car would deem illegal to drive on public roads anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
DJ-of-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #46
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
theres another side to the skylines. The first time I saw one, was shortly after I made a username on this website. Well, naturally, I fell in love and wanted one. I Met a guy selling them, he was taking crashed skylines and putting them together by using a frame machine and welding and painting them. He told me that if I help him sell a bunch of skylines he would get me one too. So I Helped him sell about 25 maybe 30 cars over the course of two years. Eventually the government found out, and shut him down, took his cars right there on the spot. I had no idea at the time that it was illegal to own a rhd chassis in America without going through the proper channels. My biggest regret was helping him sell bad cars, some with damage and problems that the owners didn't know about. I learned the hard way that people will use you if you give them a chance.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:26 AM   #47
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
bladetech8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-of-E View Post
Back on original subject, you're technically free to import Skylines and drive them on the race tracks. The only problem is you cannot at all costs drive them on public roads, and that's why people are bitching about. I love the R32 and R34 as much as any Japanese car enthusiasts, but if you care about performance, then there are modern cars that would even outperform the R34 (stock vs stock, not modified) like the 370z, new Ford Boss Mustang, and E46 M3s. If all you cared about is modified status, then the same modifications on any publicly available car would deem illegal to drive on public roads anyways.
With all due respect, a stock R34 GTR would destroy a stock 370Z, Ford Boss Brostang and M3's any day..
bladetech8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #48
daftcon
Leaky Injector

daftcon is an unknown quantity at this point
all of this honestly seems like a case of "you want what you can't have". since they're illegal and nearly impossible to own here, naturally we want them. i've had friends come back from being stationed overseas and have owned skylines, silvias, etc. and they said it really just becomes like owning any other car. once the honeymoon wears off, it's like owning an other high performance vehicle. you'll eventually want something more powerful, luxurious, or whatever tickles your fancy.

now, that's not saying if they were to be made legal that they wouldn't be a huge hit for the next 5-10 years. i know i'd kill to have one. but like mentioned before, you could spend the money on your car now, that you would to import and legalize something else, and have a way better car in terms of all aspect performance.

that's just my take on it.
daftcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:18 PM   #49
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
all you american wieners want r32's r33's and silvia's, and TBH theyre fucking boring. come live in canada for a year, shits old.
r34s are legal this year, i will probably be interested for 5 mins.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:52 AM   #50
chokudoriS13
Zilvia FREAK!

chokudoriS13 is making a name for him/her selfchokudoriS13 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to chokudoriS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-of-E View Post
Beginning April 1, 2005, the 30-year rolling exemption has been repealed. Instead, vehicles 1975 model-year and older will be exempt. Therefore, 1976 model-year and newer vehicles will continue to be subject to biennial inspection indefinitely.

Beginning April 1, 2005, vehicles being initially registered in California that were previously registered in another state are exempt if the vehicle is a 1975 and older model-year vehicle. Newer vehicles, the first 6 model years, are not exempted upon initial registration in California. These vehicles are required to undergo a Smog Check Inspection.

There's a bill I remember reading a while back in Jalopnik that stated California is trying to repeal this rule again and require all cars, regardless of age, to pass smog.

You can't import a "track car" unless it has a
race pedigree. Simply caging an R32 and checking "race car" on the HS-7 form will get you a rejection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellother View Post
So anyone with some actual insight in this "25 year rule." I thought in California it was only for smog, and the 25 years was a fixed 25 years from whatever date they set? I just hear everyone talking about getting r32's in a year or whatever and I just don't buy into it. But hey if I'm wrong someone shove me in the right direction.
CA has nothing to do with it. The 30 year rolling exemption has been gone for nearly 10 years as explained above. EPA rule cut-off is 21 years and DOT cut-off is 25 years.

Sent from a rotary-dial phone using Edna the Small Town Operator
Old 04-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #51
daftcon
Leaky Injector

daftcon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokudoriS13 View Post
Sent from a rotary-dial phone using Edna the Small Town Operator
HAH! i lol'd
daftcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #52
wowitsaboy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
wowitsaboy is making a name for him/her selfwowitsaboy is making a name for him/her selfwowitsaboy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wowitsaboy
from my vague understanding (still researching, bare with me):
you can import any vehicle 25 years or older (pre 88) into California and receive some sort of non-op/off road use only California title (DOT free?), the problem is emissions. so what happens when you put a smog legal motor in one of these chassis? (ka24de, vg, vh, vq?) does the car become a legal road vehicle? probably isn't worth it but why not ask the question.

Last edited by wowitsaboy; 04-01-2013 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: typos, missing words and such
wowitsaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #53
tapdeznutz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
tapdeznutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessegrover View Post
So when does this come out on dvd?
It was, its called Fast and the Furious lol
Old 04-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #54
tapdeznutz
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
Ask and you shall received lol, priceless.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #55
tapdeznutz
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowitsaboy View Post
what's the opposite of Christopher Walken? Christopher Reeve!!
That was pretty messed up and wrong...but I laughed anyways
Old 04-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #56
Akito86
Zilvia Junkie

Akito86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol at funny phrases! I was going to say thou hiro it's not slender his a big guy, I mean in jdm insider his quite big already, I remember long~long ago when I bought a set of Advans from Motorex. I worked at the DRFT C-west booth at D1 in irwindale. Chris Forsberg was driving the silver motorex Z33, that's the 1st time I met Hiro He was a pleasant guy, very open & party type. They gave us drft t shirts (still have them) and cases of vitamin water lol where these stolen Hiro?! Darn it!!!!! I drank 2 bottles only it was a hella hot Saturday, I don't like those drinks I'm more of a powerade/Gatorade guy.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #57
Bigalow311
Zilvia Junkie

Bigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymore
I'm friends with the dude that imported all those Skylines to the states.

The story is old and legalizing the Skyline is not impossible but stupid expensive. Not very cost effective for any business or any individual (unless that individual has monies coming out of the butthole).

I still love Skylines. I'm blessed to own one.

Sent from my SC-03D
Old 04-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #58
BlewByYou
Zilvia FREAK!

I know the guy that owned the Orange supra from F&F1, Silver Skyline in 2F2F, and the Blue BMW in the new one. He's told me alot of what happened back then. Crazy how things were then but everything was crazy expensive bc there wasnt no knock off shit like todays market!