Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:44 AM   #31
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
any ka24e single cammers getting ridiculous mileage per tank? i filled mine up and got 180 miles of NYC city-stop-go and at times gunning it driving for 10.4 gallons, which is about 17 mpg.. i want to know what other SOHC members are getting.
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2008, 10:45 AM   #32
drftthatshit
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
drftthatshit is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well idk how much a stock 240 tank holds but i always fill mine up when it gets to about an 1/8th of a tank left and at that time i have about 300 miles but im not very nice to it also does any one have this prob my gas guage goes down to 1/2 tank really fast but the last half of the tank it takes a long time?????
drftthatshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:06 AM   #33
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftthatshit View Post
well idk how much a stock 240 tank holds but i always fill mine up when it gets to about an 1/8th of a tank left and at that time i have about 300 miles but im not very nice to it also does any one have this prob my gas guage goes down to 1/2 tank really fast but the last half of the tank it takes a long time?????
Jesus Christ the closest thing to periods were the dots on those i's.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:37 AM   #34
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftthatshit View Post
does any one have this prob my gas guage goes down to 1/2 tank really fast but the last half of the tank it takes a long time?????
mine does it the other way around.. from full to half it goes down slowly, then after its like a freefall for that damn guage..not sure what it is? some people says its the fuel sender?
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:24 PM   #35
drftthatshit
Zilvia Member

drftthatshit is on a distinguished road
yeah thats what im thinkn to. That my sending unit is bad but when i fill up i fill with about 11 gallons does that sound right?
drftthatshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:29 PM   #36
The Chad
Zilvia Addict

The Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really nice
I remember a time when i though my S14 was awesome because it got on avg 25-30mpg...then I got my Volvo 240...jumped it to about 35-40 on the hwy...
.... Then i got the bike. It's a tiny Suzuki Savage Single Cyl 650cc that gets about 65-75mph on average!!!!!! Who needs 4 cylinders anyways??
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #37
bblack_91240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (23)
bblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlervibes View Post
I get into the 400-440 miles on a tank, but I've never seen my gas light turn on.

Stock KA btw.
I was gonna say, I didn't think 350 was that impressive. I had 325mi on my tank and I still had a 1/4 tank left.. Thats more highway than city on an SR, pretty much stock setup except the FMIC and block back exhaust. I wasn't babying it though, I was cruising haha
Old 08-24-2008, 01:00 AM   #38
beeracing s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
beeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
my gas light never turns on before i turn the engine on.. how do you change the bulb?
beeracing s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:49 AM   #39
meme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
meme is making a name for him/her selfmeme is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
wow! i get about 230 miles to a tank on 87. i drive a 91 auto.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:49 AM   #40
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
For a few weeks I got 180 per tank on my kat setup.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:13 AM   #41
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

Trader Rating: (1)
MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've ran out of fuel once in my 240 KA, it was mildly annoying. I think I averaged 300 something a tank, so 359 is pretty impressive.

I must say, my gasoline expense has dropped through the floor ever since I put my 240 on jackstands and started working for myself outta the house. It's so awesome, I'm buying a V8 sedan. Hooray for self employment and reduced expenses!
MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #42
lol_1337

lol_1337 is making a name for him/her selflol_1337 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGrain View Post
wow, i would go well over 350 and ive never had my gas light come on even when i had the KA

with the SR i'm getting about 30mpg with no o2 sensor, so if you do the math thats 400-450 miles to a tank.
Whattttt???!!!?!
lol_1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #43
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
something tells me the fuel gauge isn't very linear.

anyway driving to PA i got 425 before i decided to fill up and I averaged 28mpg on the highway. with a stock ka and a 3" exhaust and header