Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #31
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Adams View Post
Here is the crash video from Chelsea DeNofa's car you can clearly see it wasnt his fault. So over Formula Drift

looks like someone posted it already .. But what the hell here it is again
fixed
msglngth
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #32
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Rant:

Formula Drift Judging is a joke and will always be a joke. The last time the judges were honest was like 04/05 before the big money came into play. Tony Angelo sort of kept them honest, but he was one vote out of three.

Now that Tangelo is driving again, there's no one that's a 'driver' to keep the judges in check which leads to them showing an huge amount of bias towards the driver who is sponsored by the company that throws the most money to FD. It's been like that for quite a few years, look at the number of Podiums that Falken has....

And the Saddest thing? FD wouldn't work without this judging Bias. Teams don't want to go to FD to get their asses handed to them by a superior driver. They want a return on their investment. They lose too much? They bail.

Imagine if Daigo won 2 or 3 of the events this season (which he should have)... All of the established drivers and teams would've been irate, bitched to FD and threatened to pull their money out.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #33
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Lol, 2012 and people are still surprised??????????????

WHAT?
LOL,
The judging has never been good, but its soooo bad now its amazing they even get away with it.

ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #34
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by One_love_silvia View Post
. it's what made me start loving aasbo's driving style and i became a fan of his. wish they never got rid of his supra though =(

They didnt get rid of it, he fucking totaled the shit out of it. Aasbo was the pioneer of missile cars for fd.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #35
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Tyler definitely hit first, but holt shit his style and entry drift is too fucking amazing.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #36
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticnissan View Post
Aasbo was the pioneer of missile cars for fd.

Must not have been following the series since the early days.

Back then it was common to see a beat to shit car running in FD. That was also when FD was remotely cool.

Shit, Perfect example:

http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/watch...t-houston-2005

Was trying to find the video of when he flipped, but I got lazy.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #37
EjMalernee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
EjMalernee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Tyler Gets the Win? [SNAPSHOT] : Breaking Drift News

Tyler and Chelsea both commented on wrecked. It's interesting to hear both points of view. I still think Chelsea got a bad call, but Tyler is a class act. he should get any blame for what happened.

I think I'm more upset about Powers. He was driving like a mad man. The Daigo/Conrad still has me scratching my head too.
At the end of the day is nice to have a good discussion on a sport we love, even if it is the pros. Keep Drifting Fun!!!
EjMalernee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #38
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticnissan View Post
They didnt get rid of it, he fucking totaled the shit out of it. Aasbo was the pioneer of missile cars for fd.
What do you mean.
Stephan drove it at Top Drift and They just sent it to China WDS.
The cars fine.
He got a sponsor so the new car is part of the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Must not have been following the series since the early days.
Like Hiro's car, lol.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #39
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
What do you mean.
Stephan drove it at Top Drift and They just sent it to China WDS.
The cars fine.
He got a sponsor so the new car is part of the deal.

Like Hiro's car, lol.

Wow totally forgot about hiro sumida, aasbo is much better tho.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #40
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Vote for me as FD Supreme Judge leader and I promise to:

1. Disqualify all ugly cars
2. Add land mines
33. make a max ride height requirement
7. Fine anyone with positive camber
9. Put some thick models out to hold umbrellas instead of those anorexic ones
14. Ban ugly liveries
19. Make J-Rod learn Japanese and talk like Mana-P
211. Exact revenge on Chevrolet for ruining drifting
Old 06-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #41
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
^^ If that were true, I'd be your first vote.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #42
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
this doesn't need a thread. The FD judges know they don't judge....it's a popularity contest.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #43
EjMalernee
Zilvia Member

OBEEWON as long as you don't cut your own hair then forget to cut the back you have my vote.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #44
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post

Like Hiro's car, lol.
Holy shit, I forgot about that car.

I have no IDEA how that thing managed to keep driving, but it did and it did well. Hiro was like the OG of having a fucking RAD missile car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post

2. Add land mines
14. Ban ugly liveries
King OB, there has been discussion of having HaterDan, Myself and Dave NJ make a run on the judging booth at next year's FD event. I'm assuming that you are down for this. We will wear matching tee shirts.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #45
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
2. Add land mines
Don't DQ the ugly cars. When they hit the land mines, it'll be far more satisfying.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #46
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Quote:
winning!

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #47
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Chrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
2. Add land mines
"Proximity" mines??
Old 06-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #48
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
i need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to i need tires
I wish the judges of drifting actually were drivers.... I think all of them just pretend to drive or have a 'drift car' that sits in the garage all day.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #49
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Lol, 2012 and people are still surprised??????????????

WHAT?
I went to my first Formula D in 2004. During that time, the speed of the drift is just as important as angle. You see some really quick drifts where the guy in the rear would be docked points if his drift were slower. And if you're the chaser sticking it close to the slower guy in front, you pretty much godkill them.

I stopped on 2007 when those with much larger angles wins, despite being much further lag behind.

It's like figure skating and that previous Pacquiao fight. Too much judging for looks, no "neutral." I prefer track cuz the only judge is a digital clock/timer unless you did something stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
DJ-of-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #50
itsjustdaphne
Zilvia Addict

itsjustdaphne is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
this doesn't need a thread. The FD judges know they don't judge....it's a popularity contest.
this; so true.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #51
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

i need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to i need tires
One of the FD judges.. he is about 8yr behind on the skill level of today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IKJm3BX0e1w
Old 06-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #52
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
After watching the footage, all you can do is laugh it off and see how FD can explain this mess.

I'm all ears FD...

Quote:

2. Add land mines
14. Ban ugly liveries
You speak the truth and you have my vote...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #53
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Hmm, another figure skating type result...when will the 'higher ups' recognize this sort of debauchery is what creates the bad name.

Until there is a definitive judging list, I will forever have a hard time accepting 'drifting' as a competitive sport. Don't confuse my response; I know i's skillful and tough...but without any sort of basis, how can one 'entry' really better than the other. *sigh*. It's like saying your cousin was the worlds best Grilled Cheese Eater or something.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #54
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
It's like saying your cousin was the worlds best Grilled Cheese Eater or something.
She was.

msglenth
di-devol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #55
SpOOlin13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (10)
SpOOlin13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
+1 vote for OBEEWON.
SpOOlin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #56
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
I'm still pissed about the fucking scion. Horrible judging is a close second.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #57
HKSalex
Leaky Injector

HKSalex is an unknown quantity at this point
i have to give it to daigo. he is an amazing driver... and such plus V8 can suck my cock.. lol

on a real note.. the guy probably has driven the track at least a dozen times before actually competing. as every one else has years and years of practice on each track...

i would never consider Formula D / D1GP a real motor-sport... its to judge... and we all know in real motor-sports time never lies
HKSalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:55 AM   #58
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
There are THREE things that can FUCK OFF and GO TO HELL in this world: boxing, formula d and politics. Oh and jrod can suck his pencil rod. What a douchebag ass

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:31 AM   #59
EjMalernee
Zilvia Member

Some one hates jrod.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:19 AM   #60
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Sorry Fro, I don't care enough about FD to run on the judges. I wouldn't even recognize them if I saw them. But I will take a T-shirt!

I do want to do FD in a all black super low car with a huge middle finger vinyl and drift all corners at 30mph and watch everyone struggle to follow me during tandem.