Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Electronics

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #31
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Wow I might just have to get an Alpine CDE-HD138BT from you. Prices aren't bad =)

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #32
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
Wow I might just have to get an Alpine CDE-HD138BT from you. Prices aren't bad =)
NICE! I see you have good taste in head units. Hit me up if you need anything man.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-02-2012, 12:57 AM   #33
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Thanks! Sorry to hate on you earlier. Your car is too clean lol props to you =)

Old 05-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #34
CHUCK4850

Trader Rating: (1)
CHUCK4850 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
iPhone 4S compatibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post

It's that time of year... new Alpine head units! It's honestly my favorite new product that is released every year. All of the new models are not out yet, but I will update this thread as they are released and I have them in stock. Alpine has a killer double DIN lineup this year... starting out around $189! So stay tuned.

Alpine CDE-HD138BT Retail: $320 Forum Price: $269 shipped

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Broadfield,
I'm thinking about buying a CDE-HD138BT from you. Do you have experience with the iPhone 4S? Will it work with this unit? Will it charge? Can I use Pandora with it? (I see they list Pandora control for Android & BlackBerry, but not iPhone). Will I be able to use the phone hands free? Is there any other feature that won't work?
Thanks,
Chuck
Old 05-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #35
webgeek
Leaky Injector

webgeek is an unknown quantity at this point
I was just about to order the Alpine INA-W910 but saw this post.....

Is the INE-Z928HD > INA-W910???
Old 05-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #36
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUCK4850 View Post
Broadfield,
I'm thinking about buying a CDE-HD138BT from you. Do you have experience with the iPhone 4S? Will it work with this unit? Will it charge? Can I use Pandora with it? (I see they list Pandora control for Android & BlackBerry, but not iPhone). Will I be able to use the phone hands free? Is there any other feature that won't work?
Thanks,
Chuck
Hey Chuck, the iPhone will work perfect with the 138... it's fully compatible. You can use Pandora via BT, but you will not have full Pandora control like you would with the CDE-136BT. Here's how it breaks down.

Pandora BT control:
  • Track/Artist info displayed
  • Skip track
  • Pause
  • Play

Full Pandora control via USB cable:
  • Skip track
  • Pause
  • Play
  • Thumbs up/down
  • Change station

So it's weird that Alpine didn't integrate iPhone Pandora control into the CDE-HD138BT which is their flagship model. Alpine fully supports Apple, but for some reason they gave full Pandora control to the Android/Blackberry for their two highest end models.

With all of that being said though, I don't find myself switching Pandora channels all of that often anyway... so I would be fine with the Pandora BT control. And the fact that you don't need to have the phone plugged in for Pandora if you are ok with the partial control. Of course you can still change the station or thumbs up/down from the iPhone.

So you will be able to stream any audio from your phone via BT.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #37
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by webgeek View Post
I was just about to order the Alpine INA-W910 but saw this post.....

Is the INE-Z928HD > INA-W910???
Well first off the W910 is long discontinued. Second of all the 920 is the replacement for the 910... which the 920 is a far better unit aside from the slightly smaller screen. The 928 is a completely different beast than all of them. It has an 8" screen to start off with. Which means it will not just drop into any double DIN spots. You would need to do some custom fabrication to get it to fit into anything that Alpine doesn't make an install kit for. The reason Alpine is producing the 928 is because a lot of new vehicles have OEM radios that are larger than double DIN's. So Alpine is making custom install kits for the more popular vehicles.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #38
webgeek
Leaky Injector

Suck! Didn't want to modify my double din bay...........might look at the 920
Old 05-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #39
webgeek
Leaky Injector

Broadfield...you wouldn't by any chance have dimensions for the 928 would you? I really want it!
Old 05-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #40
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Suck! Didn't want to modify my double din bay...........might look at the 920
Quote:
Broadfield...you wouldn't by any chance have dimensions for the 928 would you? I really want it!
The chassis is still a double DIN, so it will still bolt in with the OEM radio brackets. You would just need to modify the OEM radio surround to a larger opening. What vehicle are you wanting to put this in?

As for measurements, let me see if I can come up with anything. There's not the normal specs out there since it's not available yet.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #41
webgeek
Leaky Injector

Quote:
The chassis is still a double DIN, so it will still bolt in with the OEM radio brackets. You would just need to modify the OEM radio surround to a larger opening. What vehicle are you wanting to put this in?

As for measurements, let me see if I can come up with anything. There's not the normal specs out there since it's not available yet.
Looking for my S14
Old 05-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #42
CHUCK4850

Quote:
Hey Chuck, the iPhone will work perfect with the 138... it's fully compatible. You can use Pandora via BT, but you will not have full Pandora control like you would with the CDE-136BT. Here's how it breaks down.

Pandora BT control:
  • Skip track
  • Pause
  • Play

Full Pandora control via USB cable:
  • Skip track
  • Pause
  • Play
  • Thumbs up/down
  • Change station

So it's weird that Alpine didn't integrate iPhone Pandora control into the CDE-HD138BT which is their flagship model. Alpine fully supports Apple, but for some reason they gave full Pandora control to the Android/Blackberry for their two highest end models.

With all of that being said though, I don't find myself switching Pandora channels all of that often anyway... so I would be fine with the Pandora BT control. And the fact that you don't need to have the phone plugged in for Pandora if you are ok with the partial control. Of course you can still change the station or thumbs up/down from the iPhone.

So you will be able to stream any audio from your phone via BT.
Broadfield,
That sounds like it will be what I need. I haven't used Pandora that much, anyway.
I'm replacing a TDA-7563, w/ a 12 disc changer. Will the 138 fit in the same sleeve? Is the body of it any deeper? I remember that I was barely able to stuff this unit in the dash when I installed it, so if this one is any deeper, I will be in trouble.
What do you like for round speakers? I have 5" recessed holes factory cut in my doors. It's not really feasible to enlarge them much. It's a truck, with a gas tank behind the seat, so I don't have many options for other speakers. Kick panels have vents in them, so that's out. I could probably hang something under the dash. Suggestions?
Chuck
Old 05-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #43
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Looking for my S14
I officially can't find any measurements. Alpine tech support doesn't even have them yet. The exact measurements will not be known until close to the release date.

Quote:
Broadfield,
That sounds like it will be what I need. I haven't used Pandora that much, anyway.
I'm replacing a TDA-7563, w/ a 12 disc changer. Will the 138 fit in the same sleeve? Is the body of it any deeper? I remember that I was barely able to stuff this unit in the dash when I installed it, so if this one is any deeper, I will be in trouble.
What do you like for round speakers? I have 5" recessed holes factory cut in my doors. It's not really feasible to enlarge them much. It's a truck, with a gas tank behind the seat, so I don't have many options for other speakers. Kick panels have vents in them, so that's out. I could probably hang something under the dash. Suggestions?
Chuck
I'm pretty sure the cans are different. Alpine changed the way the unit locks into the can several years ago. The harness will also be different. The 138 is 8mm deeper than the 7563.. 160mm as opposed to 152mm.

For speakers I will only use and recommend Hybrid Audio... as long as you are willing to spend $100+ on a pair of speakers. If you are looking for a $69 pair of speakers then they won't have anything that cheap... you would need to go to Alpine or something similar. What kind of truck is it? Putting speakers under the dash, firing down, is a really bad place. In the muscle cars for example I usually ditch the vents in the kick panels and put 6.5" speakers there:

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #44
CHUCK4850

Quote:
I officially can't find any measurements. Alpine tech support doesn't even have them yet. The exact measurements will not be known until close to the release date.

I'm pretty sure the cans are different. Alpine changed the way the unit locks into the can several years ago. The harness will also be different. The 138 is 8mm deeper than the 7563.. 160mm as opposed to 152mm.

For speakers I will only use and recommend Hybrid Audio... as long as you are willing to spend $100+ on a pair of speakers. If you are looking for a $69 pair of speakers then they won't have anything that cheap... you would need to go to Alpine or something similar. What kind of truck is it? Putting speakers under the dash, firing down, is a really bad place. In the muscle cars for example I usually ditch the vents in the kick panels and put 6.5" speakers there:

I'll have to deal with the extra depth. Thinking back, my CD changer is mounted on the firewall, behind the radio. That may have been my clearance problem. Since I'll be removing it, I'll bet there will be plenty of room.
I don't have a problem spending 100.00 + for speakers, if that's what you recommend. The truck is a 1977 Ford F-250 regular cab, that is my daily driver. (I also have a 1950 Ford F-1 with the same head unit and changer that will also need this upgrade). Will a pair of these speakers in the doors be enough, or do I need more? Removing the vents is not an option, as the right side is directly connected to the heat/A/C unit. I lived with a pair of Alpine door speakers for years, so I guess a pair of really nice Hybrid Audio speakers should be substantially better?
Chuck
Old 05-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #45
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
I don't have a problem spending 100.00 + for speakers, if that's what you recommend. The truck is a 1977 Ford F-250 regular cab, that is my daily driver. (I also have a 1950 Ford F-1 with the same head unit and changer that will also need this upgrade). Will a pair of these speakers in the doors be enough, or do I need more? Removing the vents is not an option, as the right side is directly connected to the heat/A/C unit. I lived with a pair of Alpine door speakers for years, so I guess a pair of really nice Hybrid Audio speakers should be substantially better?
Chuck
Yes, the Hybrids will be significantly better than low end Alpine speakers. I wouldn't be happy with just door speakers unless I had an amplifier pushing them. However, if you were happy with what you had before then you will be happy with the new Alpine headunit and the stage 1 Hybrids. If you really want to guarantee yourself good sound and volume then go with the stage 2 Hybrids and push them with an amplifier.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #46
CHUCK4850

Quote:
Yes, the Hybrids will be significantly better than low end Alpine speakers. I wouldn't be happy with just door speakers unless I had an amplifier pushing them. However, if you were happy with what you had before then you will be happy with the new Alpine headunit and the stage 1 Hybrids. If you really want to guarantee yourself good sound and volume then go with the stage 2 Hybrids and push them with an amplifier.
The stage 2 hybrids with an amp make the most sense. What amp should I use?
Another thought. What if I got the CDE-136BT, since it allows full iphone control, and just get the app for Sirius for the iphone?
Chuck
Old 05-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #47
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
The stage 2 hybrids with an amp make the most sense. What amp should I use?
Another thought. What if I got the CDE-136BT, since it allows full iphone control, and just get the app for Sirius for the iphone?
Chuck
I would use the ARC XDi804 4-channel and bi-amp the speakers. This will give you the best power potential at 80 watts per tweeter and 80 watts per mid. You will have independent gain control of the tweeters and mids. The XDi series of amplifiers have been outstanding for me. I am also a JL Audio dealer and Alpine dealer and I would stack the XDi series up against amplifiers twice their price from the other two companies. They feature VERY good build quality, in a VERY small chassis and have surprisingly good sound quality for an amplifier of it's size and price. I have sold/installed dozens of them this year and am impressed every time I tune the vehicle.

Imagine 6.5's $229 shipped
ARC Audio XDi804 $239 shipped

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Also, here is some good reading material on the Imagines:

http://hybrid-audio.com/downloads/wh...Crossovers.pdf

http://hybrid-audio.com/downloads/sp...ine_Manual.pdf

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #48
CHUCK4850

Quote:
I would use the ARC XDi804 4-channel and bi-amp the speakers. This will give you the best power potential at 80 watts per tweeter and 80 watts per mid. You will have independent gain control of the tweeters and mids. The XDi series of amplifiers have been outstanding for me. I am also a JL Audio dealer and Alpine dealer and I would stack the XDi series up against amplifiers twice their price from the other two companies. They feature VERY good build quality, in a VERY small chassis and have surprisingly good sound quality for an amplifier of it's size and price. I have sold/installed dozens of them this year and am impressed every time I tune the vehicle.

Imagine 6.5's $229 shipped
ARC Audio XDi804 $239 shipped

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Also, here is some good reading material on the Imagines:

http://hybrid-audio.com/downloads/wh...Crossovers.pdf

http://hybrid-audio.com/downloads/sp...ine_Manual.pdf
I only have room for 5.25 speakers in the doors.
What do you think about using the iphone to get Sirius, and the CDE-136BT head unit?
The links you posted are dead.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #49
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
I only have room for 5.25 speakers in the doors.
What do you think about using the iphone to get Sirius, and the CDE-136BT head unit?
The links you posted are dead.
Ok, the 5.25" Imagine are $209 shipped. As for the Sirius, you will have to use the 1/8" jack from the iPhone to the Alpine or just do it through the BT Audio source. The headunit will not be able to communicate/control the Sirius app directly. You may be able to change stations from the radio when doing it through BT though.

The links are taken from their site... not sure why they don't work. You can find them under Downloads.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 06-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #50
jame5x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
jame5x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Any word on a release date for the 920?
Old 06-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #51
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jame5x View Post
Any word on a release date for the 920?
Sometime this month... I just talked to my Alpine rep a couple days ago.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 06-11-2012, 03:38 AM   #52
Venice
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Venice is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Venice
Looking for a radio that has bluetooth and a remote . Price wise as cheap as possible because no one is going to see it . It also needs to have pre-amp outs (2 would be great) aux outs can be in the front not that big a deal . I also need a pair or 6.5 round speakers or a component set up .
Old 06-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #53
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venice View Post
Looking for a radio that has bluetooth and a remote . Price wise as cheap as possible because no one is going to see it . It also needs to have pre-amp outs (2 would be great) aux outs can be in the front not that big a deal . I also need a pair or 6.5 round speakers or a component set up .
None of the Alpine radios come remotes... it's just not that popular of a request from consumers. However, they are all remote capable. So you can just buy it separately if you want it. Also, you would need to step up to the 136BT if you want more than 1 pre-out. What phone will you be using?

As for the speakers, I HIGHLY recommend the Hybrid Audio Imagine series. They compete with other manufacturer's $500 sets of speakers. They come in the box as a coax, but come with all of the necessary mounting hardware/options to install them as a component. They run $239 shipped.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 06-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #54
tani160
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
tani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Any updates on the double din releases for june?

Last edited by tani160; 06-27-2012 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 06-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #55
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tani160 View Post
Any updates on the double din releases for june?
You might of missed it, but I just added the INE-S920HD to the for sale thread a couple days ago. And I added the CDE-W235BT about 3 weeks ago. The INE-Z928HD, which is the over sized unit, is set for July. The IVE-W535HD is July/August.

I am also an authorized JVC dealer now. I should be receiving product any day. They have some really nice double DIN units with some killer features. I will post those up once I get them in.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 07-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #56
jame5x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
jame5x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I want the S920!!!! but i gotta save up for a paint job
Old 07-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #57
tani160
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
tani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to beholdtani160 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
You might of missed it, but I just added the INE-S920HD to the for sale thread a couple days ago. And I added the CDE-W235BT about 3 weeks ago. The INE-Z928HD, which is the over sized unit, is set for July. The IVE-W535HD is July/August.

I am also an authorized JVC dealer now. I should be receiving product any day. They have some really nice double DIN units with some killer features. I will post those up once I get them in.
The CDE-W235BT and the INE-S920HD seem to be on opposite ends of the spectrum for me. One seems too simple and the other seems to be much more than I'm looking for. Is the IVE-W535HD more towards the middle in terms of features and its overall layout?

I'm curious about those JVC units and your opinions on them when they're released.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #58
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
PM sent...

You Americans and all of the added features you can utilize from these head units...We don't have any HD radio frequencies, and we don't have Pandora support
Old 09-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #59
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Payment sent! (It looks like I had sent a bit extra by mistake)...
Old 09-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #60
sickstatus
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
sickstatus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sickstatus
2013 units coming out soon?