Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #31
silentstyle1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
silentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silentstyle1
I've got the rain-x Latitude Bracketless wipers, they are by far the best wipers i've ever had, no streaks or anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Nice to know I've got a 30k VA transformer all to myself with 100A 3-phase if I want to start building Cybertron or something in here.
silentstyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2008, 07:23 PM   #32
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
I have those wipers I love them get them there great
Old 05-08-2008, 07:24 PM   #33
DaPCWiz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
DaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DaPCWiz Send a message via MSN to DaPCWiz Send a message via Yahoo to DaPCWiz
yup I have latitudes too.... have lasted me thru the winter.... def had em over 6 months and still just about as good as when I bought em. Cleanest sweeps of any blades I've bought. Tempted to try to silicone stuff when these die tho..

http://blog.dapcwiz.com
DaPCWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #34
a_ahmed
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
strange, my rain-x lasted only a month Cost an arm and a leg and did not last
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:29 PM   #35
DaPCWiz
Zilvia Addict

DaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DaPCWiz Send a message via MSN to DaPCWiz Send a message via Yahoo to DaPCWiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
strange, my rain-x lasted only a month Cost an arm and a leg and did not last
I've tried normal rain-X and rain-X latitude. The normal ones worked pretty well but didn't really last very long. The latitude had a cleaner sweep and have lasted me quite some time...

http://blog.dapcwiz.com
DaPCWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:32 PM   #36
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
The ones at walmart are real good.
opponheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:16 PM   #37
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
I got it from canadian tire i dont rmemeber anything about latitutde
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:54 PM   #38
Anto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Anto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstyle1 View Post
I've got the rain-x Latitude Bracketless wipers, they are by far the best wipers i've ever had, no streaks or anything.
yep, same type, good stuff.

Here's what I was talking about:

See how it's an open bracket? the arms are exposed at the edge. nothing major, but look how bosch designs theirs:

has a cover for a cleaner look. You guys might not think it's much, but it's a little detail you'll notice..
Anto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #39
2ilvia
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
What is silicone spray (I know I'm mr obvious but never seen it so i dont know)?
silicone lubricant im assuming, kinda like wd-40
Old 05-09-2008, 12:42 AM   #40
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Bosch..are the best Ive tried, they cost like $16 each blade but work magic for the last whole year..and still work fine
Old 05-09-2008, 01:36 AM   #41
S14Josh
Zilvia Junkie

S14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to S14Josh
Last time i bought wipers i only got to use them once.

It never rains here.

My wipers get hard and crusty after a month of driving in the summer. 120+ degree weather doesnt help much i guess.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:53 AM   #42
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
yea i think windshield wipers are ugly, so i dont have any on my car.

thanks for the info on rainx, ppg aquapel, and waxing windows.

i suppose ill try them out.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:15 AM   #43
Jza
Leaky Injector

Jza is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone knows the different between the BOSCH ION & the Evolution? It looks the same to me...
Jza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:31 AM   #44
projekt_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
projekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to projekt_s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstyle1 View Post

Yep i got them too, they work very well.

projekt_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:51 AM   #45
Anto
Zilvia Addict

Anto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jza View Post
Anyone knows the different between the BOSCH ION & the Evolution? It looks the same to me...
Quote:
EVOLUTION:
  • Dual precision-tensioned steel springs help create tension memory, applying uniform pressure along the entire blade length
  • Aerodynamic wind spoiler creates downforce, preventing blade lift-off
  • Graphite-treated wiping edge
  • Natural rubber blade for clean, consistant wipe
ICON:
  • Dual precision-tensioned steel springs help create tension memory, applying uniform pressure along the entire blade length
  • Aerodynamic wind spoiler creates downforce, preventing blade lift-off
  • Exclusive FX dual-rubber-technology flex element resists ozone damage and hardening
  • Exclusive weather shield connector system is pre-installed to protect arm connection from snow/ice build-up
  • Smooth, quiet operation with 20% longer performance life vs. other premium wiper blades
The evolution has the weather shield connector system as well, i'm guessing the only difference is the actual rubber material, ICON lists it as "dual rubber technology" but the evolution lists natural rubber with a graphite treated edge.. I'm willing to bet they're mostly the same.
Anto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:02 AM   #46
G-Force
Zilvia Member

G-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to G-Force
if that's true, then the evo's a better choice since it has that 2 for 1 offer. thanks, will be getting a set soon.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #47
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip3d View Post
$20 wiper blade? No thanks.

Rain-X for me.

Yup, cheapo blades and rain-x does the trick even in severe down pours. exterior rubber doesn't last long in AZ so it doesn't pay to buy $20 wiper blades every year for the 3 days it might actually rain.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #48
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

Firestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Firestorm
i had those boschs on my old S13. i bought them a couple of weeks before i had to sell it, so i tried to fit them on the 180 but as it seems the 240 ones only work on LHD cars...sucks

but while i had them, they were awesome. no squeaking, wipes very well and the annoying +140 kph wiper liftoff didn't occur anymore
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #49
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Guess I'll give these things a try, since it's $15 for two basically.

They'll probably sit in the garage until my current ones take a shit... whenever that is.e
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:12 AM   #50
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

s14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfection
go with PIAA's with silicone blades if you got the cash....bang for the buck....had them for two years now....still work like they were new out of the box, remember you get what you pay for....
Old 05-09-2008, 10:30 AM   #51
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
I got the michelin one pieces, and I'm not that happy with em..but my windshield is a lil pitted. Might need to tray the steel wool trick.
s13pignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:35 AM   #52
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
i have the bosch icons on my car, they squeak like hell. think its my car, or the blades?
Old 05-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #53
jackjack
Post Whore!

jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
i actually wanted to give these a try for the hell of it. friend of mine swears by them. we'll see.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #54
Jza
Leaky Injector

Jza is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
i have the bosch icons on my car, they squeak like hell. think its my car, or the blades?
I have the ICONs without a problem. Try to clean your windshield with rain-x or something.
Jza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #55
drift_jdm
Leaky Injector

drift_jdm is just really nicedrift_jdm is just really nicedrift_jdm is just really nicedrift_jdm is just really nicedrift_jdm is just really nicedrift_jdm is just really nicedrift_jdm is just really nicedrift_jdm is just really nicedrift_jdm is just really nicedrift_jdm is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14_legend View Post
go with PIAA's with silicone blades if you got the cash....bang for the buck....had them for two years now....still work like they were new out of the box, remember you get what you pay for....
yeah, i rock the piaa silicones... they were pretty expensive, but living in vancovuer bc, we need good wipers.. (more rain than seattle.) i used to have the michelin's before, which were good, but im sure these piaas well last way longer. plus i like the oldschool steel look.
drift_jdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #56
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG View Post
reminds me..the G20 needs new wipers
and rain-x
My G needs some too... they're from my old black S13... LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
Use rubbing alchohol on the rubbers of wipers.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:53 AM   #57
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
i need to get these...rain-x makes my stickers on my windshield look goofy

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:31 AM   #58
G-Force
Zilvia Member

G-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to G-Force
Usually ships within 2 to 4 weeks.

this deal sucks now...too close to the june 15 postmark for the rebate.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:21 AM   #59
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
i just bought these about 2 weeks ago and have never been happier with wiper blades. definently worth the money.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:33 AM   #60
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
can anybody send me the rebate form? I tried clicking the link posted by the OP and the link on amazon and the file is damaged and won't open..
94cc0rd is offline   Reply With Quote