Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-12-2009, 08:05 AM   #31
spanishricer
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
spanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Judging by the pictures posted earlier in this thread, the D-Max lights aren't exactly the same as some of the ones found on ebay.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #32
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
aside from the coloration of the key hole, which is the exact same shape, there's no difference
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #33
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
unlegendary is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
it might be the pictures but they look different to me and like i said it might be the pictures, but i'm swaying towards intense power

edit: also the generic version looks like it's just been painted over with custom led lights underneath lol.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #34
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
BoostedCoupe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
THEY ARE ALL THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUY THE CHEAPEST YOU CAN FIND ON EBAY!!!!!!
/THREAD

yes i know i did all of that in caps.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #35
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
$200? try more like $300 after shipping
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #36
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
Maiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshotts View Post
Here's a set sold to me by Intense Power. The manufacturer is actually Sonar. You can google Sonar LED 240sx and you'll see what I'm talking about. I have been extremely satisfied with mine...everyone should update NOW!
I'd prefer it if everybody didn't go buy them. Go with Kouki tail lights, they look a whole lot better and you won't have fogging issues or moistures because they are OEM!
Maiku240sxS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #37
beavis360
Zilvia Member

beavis360 is making a name for him/her selfbeavis360 is making a name for him/her self
My order from Intense Power came with the clear keyhole as shown with the "D-max" lights.

They were ordered in late March
beavis360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #38
kOuKi MoNsTaRr
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
kOuKi MoNsTaRr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I would prefer to get them from intense
1. They have the best deal
2. They look better than any other ones

I like the whole led look and that the turn signal lens is white but there's just something bout the oem that looks bad ass
kOuKi MoNsTaRr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #39
mattack69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
mattack69 will become famous soon enoughmattack69 will become famous soon enoughmattack69 will become famous soon enoughmattack69 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mattack69 Send a message via MSN to mattack69 Send a message via Yahoo to mattack69
http://zilvia.net/f/advertiser-speci...ils-stock.html FTW Im in germany and the shipped here. I'll post pics up after work. I ordered the D-Max and they are better quality than the egay's my buddy rocks. PM Kevin@driveline and you won't be dissapointed! BTW the linx above is just for picture reference of they're products.
mattack69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #40
spanishricer
Zilvia Junkie

spanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack69 View Post
http://zilvia.net/f/advertiser-speci...ils-stock.html FTW Im in germany and the shipped here. I'll post pics up after work. I ordered the D-Max and they are better quality than the egay's my buddy rocks. PM Kevin@driveline and you won't be dissapointed! BTW the linx above is just for picture reference of they're products.
If you could do side by side pictures of the two different brands/types, that would be great.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #41
thatdrifterguy
Zilvia Junkie

thatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to behold
is there an LED style tail light but uses regular bulbs?
thatdrifterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:54 PM   #42
5t341tH
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5t341tH
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdrifterguy View Post
wtf is the point then??

lexus baby
5t341tH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:19 AM   #43
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Maiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdrifterguy View Post
Are you serious...?
Old 05-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #44
madd ocx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
madd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I pm'ed intense power on the taillights and asked them the manufacturer and they said its a private manufacturer that makes it for them. "yeah right".. sounds like ebay to me!!
madd ocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #45
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
I have no preference in which products are better over each other, but I will tell you this.

I worked in the LED lighting industry, and there are a variety of issues to consider with these lights.

LED's cannot just be hooked up to a 12v source, they need resistors, especially in arrays. Arrays like this also can get hot, making the ballast a big issue, and if they are using PCB's to mount to, the quality and material could even lead to failure/critical failure and fire. This has been common in the BMW community with ebay led tails.

So be careful, I would imagine the Dmax kit to have a much better design and QC process than the ebay ones, but that could just be an assumption.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:28 AM   #46
thatdrifterguy
Zilvia Junkie

thatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5t341tH View Post
wtf is the point then??
i like the crystal shiny look but dont want the little rows of LED lights. just one nice square red light
thatdrifterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #47
KAs14slider
Zilvia Junkie

KAs14slider is making a name for him/her selfKAs14slider is making a name for him/her selfKAs14slider is making a name for him/her self
Hey guys, I know I'm bumping a very old thread. But I just got some of the ebay led's and some water got in the right corner light. How the hell are you guys taking them apart to reseal them? I just don't understand how the lenses comes off. I tried heating it up around the outside edges of the tail light and it just starts to melt the lense.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #48
Cjkouki2010
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Cjkouki2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Idk but used to have some off ebay and were about150$-200$ if iI remember correctl , eventually got moisture in the and looked like hell. I prefer oem lighting on a s14. Just looks better to me
Cjkouki2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #49
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
If they use a heat activated glue you can put them in the oven at 250* for about 8-12 minutes and the glue will become soft enough to gently pry off the lens. Make sure there are no screws attaching the lens to the housing, if so, you need to remove them before heating obviously.
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #50
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
same thing with vertex lights. Almost fell into that hype trap, same fucking ebay lenses as everyone else.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #51
KAs14slider
Zilvia Junkie

KAs14slider is making a name for him/her selfKAs14slider is making a name for him/her selfKAs14slider is making a name for him/her self
Or do I put them in the oven just like headlights? I was just afraid to put the led's in the oven thinking something might break in them from the heat. I took the screws out of the back and from what I can see they are way too short to extend to lenses so I doubt its the screws that are holding them on. I guess I could try the oven.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #52
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

I haven't personally done them to my taillights but I would assume its the same as doing the headlights. Stick them in the oven and watch it carefully. Should be able to pry off the lense, BUT be careful of the glue when taking off the lense!

I bought some LED taillights couple years ago and still have not put them on, wonder if they will get some moisture inside? My first pair had no problems.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #53
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yes, it's the same for headlights, corner lights, blinkers, and taillights on most OEM nissans. Since these are aftermarket it's where it gets tricky. Most aftermarket are head activated butyl sealant and not permaseal though so they can be opened up the same way, with indirect heat in the oven.
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote