Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:54 PM   #31
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
WPN-X7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so street cars all finished other than some small odds and ends (regassing aircon, installing gauges and some spacers/toe arms)

so back to the grind of saving some money so i can plonk a new setup into my "good" car thats on hiatus atm. tossing up between a 1j or a rb25. will basicly come down to what packages are for sale when im ready to buy.

super basic but does the job nicely.
WPN-X7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2017, 02:20 AM   #32
kneeecoo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
kneeecoo is making a name for him/her selfkneeecoo is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPN-X7 View Post
This thing looks so baller! Love the cerbs
kneeecoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:48 AM   #33
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneeecoo View Post
This thing looks so baller! Love the cerbs
thanks man!

looking far worse for wear atm. but keen to get stuck back into it later this year haha
Old 02-05-2017, 12:53 PM   #34
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
the stance is strong
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:25 AM   #35
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

small update on the daily.

finally slapped some adjustable arms into this thing... honestly unsure how i was doing what ive been doing in it with how unco shit was up back. but shes all minty now.

the guys that hook me up with tires let me slap the arms in at their workshop and align it. next on the cards is retuning the car back to 98 ron (from e85) due to it not being that availible here. its fine for track cars but dailying it on it sucks ass

not much left to do on this thing then. got a fixed back, some old omori gauges to slap in and a roof wing to go on when i respray the boot. then maybe my good car will get another look in ha

just enjoying driving this thing to much atm
Old 03-28-2017, 10:41 PM   #36
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

for those interested. got me a retune back to 98 instead of 85. thing was drinking e85 more than an alcoholic stepfather with mummy issues.

98 tune left. e85 right.

98 tune is on 14psi, e85 was 16 or so. little bit down on power but overall cars a lot more drivable (e85 tune was originally done by a place in qld after i popped last motor and was all round shit, then touched up breifly by my tuner cece when i got it back to SA to make that 235kw) could have wound the wick up to 20psi and let the GTRS sing but 200 is plentyyyy for streeties and its more fun having to work for it a bit haha

next on the list is diff gears, respray my boot and stick these gauges in
Old 04-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #37
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

yeah so long story short. the street cars SR let go on me a week or so back when i was driving down to sleepy old mount gambier for round 2 of the drift challenge australia series. (only togue track comp in aus, also where i crashed my good s14 last year)

so ive parted it out.sold 90% of the stuff from this. shells had a deposit put on it, box sold etc. all i have left are the poncam/precision rockers and the nisstune/HPX combo.

so somehow managed to come out of all that with a decent pile of coin. on the hunt for a daily (probs a VX SS to get back in touch with my bogan side) and have a couple of engine packages for the pearl rig lined up to have a look over when i fly home next (a 1j, a ls package and a 25) honestly leaning towards the LS as thats the shit i know best, and im yet to have one just randomly let go for no apparent fucking reason (unlike previous 1js, and 25s... and sr20s)

(pic to break up wall of text)

so ima drag pearl rig back outta the shed. get guards off and get a body work mate around to help me straighten up the rear (my opps + previous owners opps have made under the rear left over fender a fair mess haha) then ill be getting it on track to have a motor in, fresh paint and a new front.

all going well. back together and ready to party in the next few months.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:58 AM   #38
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

dragged this thing out of the shed after parting my street s14 and buying a shitty daily to commute with when im home

bought all this

test fitted this afternoon (fb rapes pic quality so my bad)

on the oft chance you want to keep up with this thing more often than i post here, and join in on the talking shit that occurs between myself and mates each time i update. heres the FB folder.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=04b1be7287
Old 05-03-2017, 01:31 AM   #39
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

progress for the three dudes following this shit heap

slapped motor in after re-installing rack (minus the box)

dont mind the crookedness. things sitting skewy in the photos. the next thing was, while the motor fit.... the bellhousing and subsequently box did not.

one thing i hate with most LS swaps ive seen is how far forward the motor sits. the AB racing (or similar mounts) while they fit. it sat the motor super far forward which is gay as hell. so handballed them off to a mate doing a similar swap and some other mounts were whipped up. managing to get the front hump sump chilling back into the cross member and between the stock sway bar.

so next up was this pesky "firewall" bullshit stopping the box now fitting. cue a angle grinder and me giving a minimal amount of fucks. (this is a rough cut) after doing that first section, putting motor/box back in. i realised that the motors that far back that the bolts that hold bellhousing to motor had about 5mm clearence each up top. so decided if im welding a new firewall section in, i may as well go all out.

once again. rough cut. i actually need to trim a little more out of this and clean it all up before i weld a new section in. after that was done, and motor and box test fitted again. i sepnt some time doing a template for the new firewall section. this took longer than id like to admit haha

hand balled this to a buddy to fab up while i fly out for work for the next couple weeks.

test fitted the already modified for ground clearence AB racing gearbox mount, only to find it still sits a solid inch to low. so this will be pulled back out cut, and the bottom section redone when i fly home.

other odds and ends included test fitting headers (factory holden HSV ones that dont fit) and sorting a clutch pedal solution up (went with a willwood reverse swing clutch pedal that ill adapt to the stock mount so its all under the dash) also ordered a core speed shop shifter and some had my textralia button clutch rock up.

anywho thats where its all at. pretty boring mostly but progress is progress. ive had some other body stuff rock up but none of thats overly important until the motor setup is sorted.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:57 PM   #40
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

long time no update.

bought a e36 and slapped it together as a practice car.... but turns out e36s suck ass. so i sold it.

so that brings me to the good car. (haha "good") decided to not tinker on everyone elses stuff for a week while i was home from work and got cracking...

slapped some fresh castor and camber arms in. and got it on the ground for the first time since i crashed it. fresh LCAs and BC coilovers etc to replace the stuff i bent/snapped.

got it towed to a buddies workshop and got our keen faces on (ie he did, i just kinda kicked back and let the dude do his thing) and got my gearbox crossmember modded, and a fresh trans tunnel in... this made installing the motor a legit slap in within 5 minute job. stoked.

gave the tunnel a quick hit of undersealer, slapped motor back in so i could have the headers/exhaust done... motor will be back out soon to do clutch + braided line for that. and give the bay some paint and heatshielding/run fuel lines away from manis etc.

manifold on drivers side (keep in mind mines RHD) pre modding.

after modding before final weld up of bits.

and done. not the prettiest. but its super tucked. i have ground clearence (rails are still the lowest point on this) i dont know how US guys get long tubes to fit on these and still have clearence)

grabbed a astra electric power steering pump, so i can ditch the LS setup and simplify some stuff. not much to the install of this.

and finally my reverse swing clutch pedal, willwood reverse swing, mounted to a modified stock mount with a tilton remote resi master. should do the job nicely!

so yeah. thats where this is at. stupid small stuff to sort but its not far off being mechanically sorted... then it'll be slapped together for a shakedown then off to get cleaned up body wise with new kit/paint/livery.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:21 AM   #41
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

manifolds da-done.

buddy of mine got keen and sprayed my bay for me, tidied up all my trans tunel, crossmember, LCAs etc.

got a keen face on and car went from non rolling/stripped front end to motor in, exhaust all sorted, coils/front suspension in. basically ready for just wiring/cooling/fuel system and some fresh tie rods to go.