Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #31
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I did that with my car and my little matco heat gun, but on other cars I'm always so apprehensive, as I never know the actual condition of their shit haha
Yeah, I do most of the fenders down in my area (I just did fenders on a Donk car, LOL), so when people want a pull done I always tell them I recommend getting body work done afterwards. Just because every piece of metal is different on every car...same goes for paint. Pulling fenders on Hondas sucks a whole lot more then doing 240s though, haha.

I pulled the rear fenders on SilentDancer's blue S15 and was crying on the inside the whole time.

You can't see it all that well, but he was getting body work done, so its perfect, hahaha:

I can usually guarantee a smooth pull on a S13/S14 up to about a 1/2 inch.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #32
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
^^ omfg that car is perfect!!

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #33
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
^^ omfg that car is perfect!!
Yeah seriously..You do good work.
Too bad we dont have that local to me, id pay just to be assured they wouldnt be fubar.
Lukasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #34
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
so i just finished UNROLLING the fender and cut off the lip. the rear fenders are now kinda like overs. the fender comes down from the window without the lip that gets rolled in. if that makes any sense. they are sharp lol. i carefully filed them and masked them off to spray the raw edge to prevent rust.

i also cut out my rear inner fender metal. almost knoop-spec. although im not trying to pull my fenders as much, i did this because i was grinding the shit out of my WHEEL on the inner fender. like metal to metal grinding and it fucked up my other wheels. my problem is solved now, just have to find a way to seal it up.

dont think im gonna be able to weld onto the back side of the painted fender so im stumped. dont wanna burn the paint. any suggestions? ill try to get pics up when there's light out.

oh yea, went and did some donuts and smoke in cabin is a huge issue.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #35
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
oh yea, went and did some donuts and smoke in cabin is a huge issue.
Not only that, but being that we get salt/dust/dirt grime on the road, I'd be concerned over getting rust starting up in there, and causing havoc as it's non coated metal

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #36
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Yeah, I do most of the fenders down in my area (I just did fenders on a Donk car, LOL), so when people want a pull done I always tell them I recommend getting body work done afterwards. Just because every piece of metal is different on every car...same goes for paint. Pulling fenders on Hondas sucks a whole lot more then doing 240s though, haha.
Haha funny you mention Honda's as I had a friend with a TSX who wanted them rolled, and it had a super odd squared off part, and a super rigid inner plastic liner that (and i'm sure it's possible but I couldn't sort it out) that wouldn't come out. Needless to say I declinded that job, and let them rent the tool. They ended up just cutting the fenders and banging them up.

Early VW's in the front suck pretty good too with that dual metal liner in them...totally a MFER.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #37
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Yeah, there are literally 26 bolts/clips holding the TSX front fender liners on. I use a razor blade and cut out a semicircle of the splash guard so I can roll the front fenders (on any car that still has them).

Although, I don't use a roller on front fenders because they're super flimsy on most Japanese cars. I use a body hammer that doesn't take paint off and the 'fender finisher' tool. They come out way nicer looking, it just takes a little more time.

I should finally be able to get my freaking metal welded back in the rear of my car tonight!

Marcus, you could fiberglass the area closed, but it may require some tending to over time. OR you could tack weld the metal to the inside part of your fender and use seam sealer and great stuff to stick it to the outside part and seal up the cabin.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 04-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #38
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I am looking forward to your posts stephen.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #39
MeanS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
MeanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
95KA-T could you post a link or recommend a place to buy the body hammer and 'fender finisher' tools you use
MeanS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #40
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Harbor freight has body hammer kits n stuff. Its the skills that you're gonna need lol
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #41
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

UUggghhhhh, just finished getting all of the metal back in....it sucked, haha.

You might as well use sheet metal...but the trailer fender was just enough material to do the job. I had to hack it up into pieces though.

I'll post pictures in a min, I need to clean the metal shavings off of me.

In the mean time. Look for a body hammer like the one second from the left with the different colored tips:

And Eastwood makes the Fender Finisher tool, so you can buy that through their website.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 04-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #42
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Here are the shitty shots:

I need to spray a bunch of 'great stuff' in the inner fender wells, and I am going to use some seam sealer on the inside of the wheel well, and paint them with some rust prevention shit.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 04-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #43
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Looks awesome !
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #44
the_boss
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
the_boss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Closest thing I found is this. But I'm pretty sure its a wide body.

the_boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:07 PM   #45
mysharonna
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
mysharonna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Over-pulled fenders is a recipe for future regret.
I agree with this, because I regret doing mine....
mysharonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #46
s14fbs
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
s14fbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14fbs
i wish i pulled mine more before i painted it and now i cant cause there bondo on the rear quaters making the body line right =(
s14fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #47
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Ripped this photo out of Om1krons thread:

His metal work is much better then mine....but he has a much much less risk of bashing the rear of his car into a cement barrier, hahahaha.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 04-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #48
cardoza
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
cardoza is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ummmm I would try to find this guy:

MidwestMyriad posted him in the wheel whore thread but I don't think it's his.
cardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #49
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Same car, no not mine, found here: Wide tires/wheels - Northwest Nissans

And another
Old 04-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #50
Brinton
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Brinton is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The best:

and im sure someone will post yuta's s13 pre-overfenders.
Brinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #51
dreamin240sx
Zilvia Junkie

dreamin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to dreamin240sx
im sorry but that s13 looks dumb as dump lol ^^ should of just went widebody
Old 04-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #52
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Over-pulled fenders is a recipe for future regret.

lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:33 PM   #53
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_boss View Post
Closest thing I found is this. But I'm pretty sure its a wide body.
those rear fenders were radiused (or whatever) which isn't what OBjuan wants to do
Old 04-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #54
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Knoop is the master of fender pulling / rolling on the East Coast.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #55
Sleepy_Steve
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Sleepy_Steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Ripped this photo out of Om1krons thread:

His metal work is much better then mine....but he has a much much less risk of bashing the rear of his car into a cement barrier, hahahaha.
Not to be rude, but how is this kind of work still called fitting under the stock sheet metal?
Old 04-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #56
newslidz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
newslidz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to newslidz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy_Steve View Post
Not to be rude, but how is this kind of work still called fitting under the stock sheet metal?
well it is still behind the stock outer skin.. that just closes the gap between the fender and the stock inner fender.. or the distance that its apart since its been pulled...

JUST A RED TOP SR
newslidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #57
cardoza
Zilvia Member

cardoza is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
those rear fenders were radiused (or whatever) which isn't what OBjuan wants to do
Those fenders aren't radiused. Radiused fenders are where the entire fender line is actually moved up on the car like this:

Notice how the top of the fender is almost level with the door handle, that's probably 3 or 4 inches higher than it is stock. That SC looks like it had a widebody constructed using the stock fenders which are then blended using more metal much like this guy did:

Link: http://g35driver.com/forums/picture-...wide-body.html

Either that, or they are just well-molded overs.
cardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:16 AM   #58
dread

Trader Rating: (0)
dread is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoza View Post
Ummmm I would try to find this guy:

MidwestMyriad posted him in the wheel whore thread but I don't think it's his.
That car used to belong to Phil Morrison team driftworks here in the UK.
dread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #59
Psychomoongoose
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Psychomoongoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
get fucked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laFCq...has_verified=1
Old 04-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #60
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomoongoose View Post
YouTube - Shut The Fuck Up