Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #31
SixSpeedSleuth
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
SixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Deleting due to not wanting to thread jack.
SixSpeedSleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2008, 11:21 PM   #32
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeedSleuth View Post
You are a complete idiot. As in shows I mean trips to VIR for NASA drift events, Summit Point ect. You must think because you have a "Godly" amount of posts you can walk on fucking water. I sure do participate in street drags, on blocked off roads with known friends. So what? I have an 11 second FULL INTERIOR street car and I like to run the motherfucker. Fuck you. Quit getting pissy because people disagree with you and think that 240's are better on the street with full interior. It's called opinions for a reason and every body has one.

But, I do agree the are not the comfiest.
Lets sit back and see really who is an idiot....someone calling VIR a "show" oh hi welcome to the bandwagon. Might wanna see who you are talking to, he knows more than you could possibly google by yourself.

My past cars have seen monthly track events on a regular basis. I refused to strip my car because it was completely retarded. Im gonna lose 30 pounds to drive my car 4 hrs to an event. Most people strip cars because they think its the cool thing to do, it makes them look hardcore. Yet they look like complete dipshits with a gutted s13 with Ac and shock/struts on eBay wheels.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:28 PM   #33
SixSpeedSleuth
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
SixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwKouki View Post
Lets sit back and see really who is an idiot....someone calling VIR a "show" oh hi welcome to the bandwagon. Might wanna see who you are talking to, he knows more than you could possibly google by yourself.

My past cars have seen monthly track events on a regular basis. I refused to strip my car because it was completely retarded. Im gonna lose 30 pounds to drive my car 4 hrs to an event. Most people strip cars because they think its the cool thing to do, it makes them look hardcore. Yet they look like complete dipshits with a gutted s13 with Ac and shock/struts on eBay wheels.
Here we go again. A fucking show/event/whatever you want to call it. VIR and Summit Point just happen to be within driving distance from where I live. A good friend of mine who helps out with my car from time to time participates in drift events and I go to support him when close enough to drive to. If I lived closer to the real "Shows" as you like to call it, I would be at those events as well. Call it bandwagon or whatever the hell you want to call it. I don't give two shits about drifting or autocrossing my car, but if a good friend of mine is into it, I will go to support them and help out if needed during an event. Also, I'm sure racepar does now much more about S chassis/240's then I do. That was never even mentioned nor part of the argument.

But, at least we can agree on kids looking like dipshits with a gutted S13 with a relatively stock vehicle otherwise.
SixSpeedSleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:52 AM   #34
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Hahaaa my slow n/a KA 240 is stripped, I don't like having to take a bunch of extra things out and putting them back in all the time, and the gas mileage rules. It's my totally impractical street car, and I love it that way. I'd rather crash it into a train than only be (un)able to drive it on a track.
Does that anger you people, does it?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:32 AM   #35
sr20boostn20
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sr20boostn20
sr20boostn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:52 AM   #36
energy0uth
Zilvia Member

energy0uth is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20boostn20 View Post
exactly how my buddy's mk3 looks right now. mine is gutted and im tracking it. i love every second i get in it.
energy0uth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #37
Jordn
Zilvia Junkie

Jordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfection
As said before, don't gut it unless you REALLY need to. My 95% track-use-coupe has a full 6 point cage, door bars and rear cross bar and I have full dash/centre console, a/c [thats broke currently] doorcards, carpet, mats and 2 seats. In the back I have stripped the sound deadening out but I plan to try and get the rear cards and maybe even rear seats back in around the cage. They're useless as seats now but the rear looks so much tidier with them in.

My old Zenki S14 was properly-stripped, no carpet, no sound deadening and after 6 months I layed the carpet back in - makes such a huge difference.
Jordn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #38
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
I took out all the carpet (because it was some shit aftermark job with shaggy stuff, and my car takes on water like crazy (windshield leaks, sunroof leaks, etc) and I had no rear interior to begin with.

It's not THAT bad, sure its noisy on long trips to the track, but tahts why I have an ipod.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #39
gregfarz78
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
gregfarz78 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is my car gutted, its going all back to stock though I gutted it to strip the sound deadener and take care of any rust this will not be a track car with no interior. I painted the floor boards with rust bullet and used some 3m sound deadener undercoating in the trunk and firewall.

gregfarz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:10 AM   #40
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This is as far as I 'gutted' my track car... if you can call it that. I still drive the car to track days/HPDE events (upwards of 6 hours), and sometimes to work, so I prefer the little extra sound deadening that the interior pieces provide.... guess I'm just getting old.

For the interior, only the B and C pillar pieces, sound deadening, and rear seat belts were removed. I'll be adding a cage this winter and the rear seat and possible the headliner will be removed.

McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #41
kognition
Premium Member

kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Word,
If i had the spare change, i would probably pick up an Evo 8 myself. My S14 is allready being broke down from my last time attack to prepare for January.
Having a baby in a couple months so i am cutting back on track for the rest of the season. Besides i can't afford the gas to get to the east coast events.
Also, yes street dragging is GAY. Paul Walker called and want's his Eclipse back.:ghey:
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:56 AM   #42
spiderlone
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
spiderlone is just really nicespiderlone is just really nicespiderlone is just really nicespiderlone is just really nicespiderlone is just really nicespiderlone is just really nicespiderlone is just really nicespiderlone is just really nicespiderlone is just really nice
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
This is my DD. and its about 90% gutted. I know it gets hot and loud but i dont care, as long as my engine is working fine thats all that matters. I have nothing under the dash,no AC all of it was rip out..

*-- SPIDER --*
spiderlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #43
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
my car is gutted but i think i am going to put the rear panels and carpat back in because i hate hitting the brakes and lighting up my interior lol. its distractign at night.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #44
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
haha ya i always think there is someone behind me :P

Not sure what's happening with the back yet, the POR-15 isnt quite as durable as I would have hoped, so maybe I'll use truck bedliner.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #45
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
gutting the car is lame if its not a designated track car. if you gut your street car youll never get the bitches.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #46
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Meh unless you have an s14 with stock suspension and leather interior, i would never invite a chick in a 240sx anyway.... what an econobox POS.

even my stock one, this chick thought it was broken. made so many stupid noises.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #47
gregfarz78
Zilvia Member

gregfarz78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjabread View Post
Not sure what's happening with the back yet, the POR-15 isnt quite as durable as I would have hoped, so maybe I'll use truck bedliner.
Try rust bullet that stuff is rock hard I was pretty impressed with it
gregfarz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #48
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
I gutted my rx7 b/c the interior was red.
RED

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #49
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
this shit should have ended the fucking thread, if its not going to look like this, then its not going to look good at all.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:03 AM   #50
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftwerks View Post
this shit should have ended the fucking thread, if its not going to look like this, then its not going to look good at all.

Sorry we aren't all ballers.. I find nothing wrong with gutting the interior, My car i would say is 70% gutted.

I still have my heater,carpet,headliner, If anything had a bolt that wasn't needed I took it off. Only things I kept on was the bottom half of my seat,the interior cover for the rear hatch.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:06 AM   #51
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
[quote=spiderlone;2225128]This is my DD. and its about 90% gutted. I know it gets hot and loud but i dont care, as long as my engine is working fine thats all that matters. I have nothing under the dash,no AC all of it was rip out..

It would only be 88% if i didn't take off the rear speaker holders,little metal things on the quarter glass and the rear seat belts holder things, when u were re-doing your timing...
Old 08-05-2008, 01:16 AM   #52
let5l1de
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (30)
let5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to let5l1de Send a message via Yahoo to let5l1de
Stripped it all the way down, even the sound deadening material. Then we painted it all the way around. you can peak inside through the taillight area and see that its painted inside as well. my only regret is, i didnt stitch weld it prior to paint. next project will get the special treatment for sure.

this is also my daily (for now) and its about 70% gutted. rear seat & belts completely out along with all the carpet and completely bare but painted trunk.

let5l1de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:28 AM   #53
tru180sx
Leaky Injector

tru180sx is making a name for him/her selftru180sx is making a name for him/her self
my car is almost done! it needs to be done by this weekend dut to an event in the naval base.
took out
carpet
sound deadening material
rear speakers
painting the whole cabin gloss black.
going to put heat resistant tape under the car where the piping runs under the driver..
and i still need to install my hydro ebrake.
all thats left is my dash,center console .
pics will be done soon.
saving money to get a 6 point cage.
but yea guys gutted 240sx are looking good.
some chicks dig 240's stock,gutted,whatever.......u guys are just picking up the wrong gurls!!!

tru sport
tru180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #54
Def
Post Whore!

Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Taking the tar stuff and rear seats out saves a good bit of weight, and if you get some carpet to put over it I don't think it's THAT much louder road noise wise over stock. I use the carpet off the back of the stock hatch seats and it fits ok in the hatch/rear seat area when I'm driving it on the street. It's not very thick, so not much sound deadening, but I guess it helps a bit.

Gutting the car when it's primarily a street car isn't that good of an idea IMO, but if it's seeing the track quite a bit, screw it, take it out. It's not like you're going from a Cadillac to a rusted out pinto by taking out a little bit of interior, and 150ish lbs from the rear interior and all the tar does make things easier on your tires/brakes at the track.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #55
s13drob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
s13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
this before wires were tucked and hidden

after. a bit cleaner.
s13drob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #56
honeybadger
Leaky Injector

honeybadger is on a distinguished road
Was it pretty hard to get that sound deadening stuff out?
honeybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:24 PM   #57
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybadger View Post
Was it pretty hard to get that sound deadening stuff out?
I think blu_808 just recently wrote a post about taking out sound deadening with dry ice, search for it

But otherwise, there's like 1029438298 threads about it

And even without it, its still pretty straight forward

Luckily most of the deadening in 240 is in solid chips, so even without dry ice its not that bad with a chisel and hammer

Don't gut your interior unless you actually have justification to do so (i.e if you street your car, leave it in!!! People throw away perfectly good interior and just make it harder and harder to find used stuff)

I love front only interior, with rear empty so you can take stuff to the track easily but still have the creature comforts

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #58
s13drob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
s13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
not if u use the dry ice method. i hear it comes out in chunks. i did the hard way with a flathead and hammer

heres another shot i found

Last edited by s13drob; 08-05-2008 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: add pic
s13drob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:58 AM   #59
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

DisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DisEpyon
Here is my car, its been gutted for about 2 years now, recently ive had a mouse problem, but luckily the trap i made caught it and snaped its neck. but now it left all this mouse poop terds and pee all over my car. So last night i took time to clean everything, since its not so freaking hot outside. scrubbed every where i could get to and vacuumed. Now it feels so fresh and so clean . I figured i take pic's to show to help others get ideas and talk about my experience and opinion.

I still have all my interior stuff and Im thinking about putting some of the side panels back in, getting tired of the empty look and also getting rid of the harness bar and harness to put in some s14 manual seat belts (ill only use the harness bar and harness for track use for now on, and yes that harness does get really annoying for daily driving). noise does not bother me at all. Do i care what other people think? certainly not, no girlfriend and i do not go out enough for others to get annoyed.

Here are the pics i took (sorry if some are a little blurry):
First is what it looks like when the carpet is out and some of the panels from the front is out.

Now pictures of the carpet back in as well as the rest of the front panels.

And lastly with the seats back in.

hopes this helps the original poster and others, even though there is already a gutted interior thread.

ps: the cheapest way to take that sound shit off for free with out having to spend a dim on dry ice crap, is to wait until winter, just leave you car outside for a few nights and then get out one day when feeling like getting cold and bitchy and get at it. the only thing might have to spend money on is the tools to get it off with. this is with out any interior of coarse, just gutted.
DisEpyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:27 AM   #60
Jordn
Zilvia Junkie

Jordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfection
Did you cut your carpet in half? Mine goes back to behind the front seats thats all.
Jordn is offline   Reply With Quote