Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-25-2002, 04:55 PM   #31
demcj

Trader Rating: (0)
demcj is making a name for him/her selfdemcj is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NismoGear5 @ Aug. 25 2002,08:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">S2k is a nice car in its own way, but the new Z makes you wonder how they can get such a beautiful car(new Z) at a way more affordable price.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
the new Z has at least 3 different trim levels to choose from. and the top of the line is about the same price as a s2000. the s2000 on the other hand only comes one way, fully loaded.
demcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2003, 01:49 PM   #32
ktom49

ktom49 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ktom49
One word: AMAZING . I was just looking at cars with my dad a couple months ago (350z, NSX and s2000) just for fun and the last stop we went was to the Honda dealer. The salesman came out when we were looking at the s2000 and offered to take me for a ride. It turned out that he used to race 800hp dirt sprint cars. Needless to say, he knew how to drive. I came out speechless. Never gonna say anything bad about Honda again, but I'm still a Nissan man.
ktom49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 02:04 PM   #33
dartman

dartman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
But which one would you rather drift. A brand new S2K or a used S13. And IIRC in one of those Option vids they tried to drift an S2k and failed, but then finally did after a bunch of tries, but I guess even the top drifter on the show needs a little practice first. Anyway I still wouldn't drift an S2k. But am waitng for sum rich kid to get an S2k and try to drift it.
i think that the reason that it would be hard to drift is i herd that s2k's are prone to snap oversteer, but idk
dartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 02:58 PM   #34
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Quote:
Originally posted by dartman
i think that the reason that it would be hard to drift is i herd that s2k's are prone to snap oversteer, but idk
Yet another person from Illinois, where do you live (city).

Our population on this board is growing slowly but surely.

And out of all the threads to revive you (by you i mean ktom49, not dartman) choose one that has nothign to do with the 240SX
Old 02-13-2003, 03:00 PM   #35
dartman

dartman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
Yet another person from Illinois, where do you live (city).
Chicago
dartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 03:53 PM   #36
Zilvia Addict

019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 019
yeah the s2k is a sweeeeeet car! my friend has one and i've driven it some. it's incredibly fun to drive! great suspension from stock. gotta love the 9k rpm redline and the short shifting you just gotta drive it like you hate it to make use of all that power. but yeah. i love that car. just a little small and inconvenient, but it'd be a great weekend car.
019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 03:58 PM   #37
tnord
Nissanaholic!

tnord is an unknown quantity at this point
wtf is the deal with bringing threads back from the dead??

at least they're using the search feature i guess.
tnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 03:19 PM   #38
DarkSideoftheSpoon

DarkSideoftheSpoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DarkSideoftheSpoon
I've been lobbying my dad tirelessly to get an S2K... partially because that means I could get his '81 Fiat Spider. I would be stunned if '03 was the last year for the S2000 because that car has raised Honda's image in the United States immensely. The Civic Si isn't impressive and the execs won't bring a Type R to America, so Honda's lineup would be automotive porridge without the S2K. I mean, come on, the new Si doesn't even have real VTEC.

haha... real VTEC... you guys must think I'm the biggest riceboy.

BTW NismoGear- your S13 is sweet. I want one.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:46 PM   #39
tnord
Nissanaholic!

tnord is an unknown quantity at this point
what's the difference between "real" and "fake" VTEC???
tnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 07:27 PM   #40
DarkSideoftheSpoon

DarkSideoftheSpoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DarkSideoftheSpoon
Quote:
Originally posted by tnord
what's the difference between "real" and "fake" VTEC???
The original Honda VTEC system used two separate cam profiles at different RPM- one for good air velocity and torque at low revs and the other for vastly improved flow at higher engine speeds for top-end power. The head on the 160-hp K20 in the new EP Civic Si uses a sissy version. In the old B- and H-series, the VTEC switch meant both valves would begin following the larger cam profile, and the engine would start screaming. In the new one, the two intake valves follow different-sized lobes on the cam at low RPM, and at higher speeds they both follow the bigger of those two lobes (which is still pretty small).
In addition, the changeover in the Si's engine occurs at 2300 RPM, whereas the RSX-S has a 6000-RPM switch point. Obviously, the RSX's motor is designed to rev like crazy.
Finally, the VTEC system in older Honda motors (and the K20A2 in the RSX-S, and the K20A1 in the S2000) operated on both the intake and exhaust cams. The quasi-VTEC in the K20A3 Si only works on the intake side, and it won't swallow air if it can't spit it out.
That's why the K20A3 engine is torquier than the old B16 but doesn't have the power on top- the change in flow is much less radical on the new VTEC system's switch. Plus the new Si's K20 uses a valvetrain that won't rev like the B-series.

If you want to know exactly how it works, I learned this stuff from the December issue of Sport Compact Car. You can read the article at http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/te...c_civichybrid/

My best friend with the Jeep still says VTEC stands for "Very Tiny Engine Company".
Old 02-15-2003, 08:26 PM   #41
S13_RB20?!?

S13_RB20?!? is an unknown quantity at this point
i was at FC kerback and i test drove the murcilego and...it's the best car that i ever driven! Everything that you see on paper is bullsh*t. From when i left the dealership, i tried gunning it and forgot to shift because i was still at all of me being in a lambo. By the second light i was like ok just take off like you would in your car if it had 627hp. so i sat the RPM's at 6500 pealed out and i must of hit 60 in like 2.8sec. shifting was smoother then a babies bottom. Handleing?, you got ask for much more stability. All and all im bullsh*t.