Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

View Poll Results: Please list the price range you are comfortable with...
$300-350 for all 3 days with track time 44 23.40%
$250-300 32 17.02%
$200-250 55 29.26%
$150-200 (no track time with this option) 18 9.57%
I wont be attending the track event keep it to $100 for me 39 20.74%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #31
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
I'm too down for this.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #32
SilviaNOW
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
SilviaNOW has a spectacular aura aboutSilviaNOW has a spectacular aura aboutSilviaNOW has a spectacular aura aboutSilviaNOW has a spectacular aura aboutSilviaNOW has a spectacular aura aboutSilviaNOW has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey guys just wondering if anyone who lives in seattle or anything wants to cruise down?

This is the route they gave me, but i was thinking of following the red one to vancouver than going through seattle and stuff. Anyone want to join the caravan!? i dont know where is socal this is going to be, so i just put los angeles for calculating the route.

SilviaNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:29 AM   #33
yota man
Zilvia Junkie

yota man is an unknown quantity at this point
The only thing with me right now would be that you are saying it will be "around spring break." I don't have a problem with that I just really hope it is on my spring break or else I probably won't be able to go.
yota man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:44 PM   #34
touge dreamer
Leaky Injector

touge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nice
Thumbs up

^^^ true, cus people do have different spring breaks, but the exact times will be figured out later with additional input. I think spring break would be perfect, especially here in socal, to get away from the crazy heat in the summer.

I think two sessions for the track event would be great. Maybe use the Streets of Willow for grip and Balcony for a drift event all on the same day... And if people plan on coming long distances, they should plan for the worst at a track event, and bring spare parts or a trailer( even rent one).

Also maybe give people choices if they want to just pay for one day, two days, or all three days, in case some people dont wanna do a track event, but wanna join in the other two days, that way it gives those out of state people choices and a better reason to come.. party, three nights straight!

Also having a huge caravan/road trip across America and partying at every stop.... makes me wanna drive to FL just to drive back and join the road trip.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:38 AM   #35
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by touge dreamer View Post

Also maybe give people choices if they want to just pay for one day, two days, or all three days, in case some people dont wanna do a track event, but wanna join in the other two days, that way it gives those out of state people choices and a better reason to come.. party, three nights straight!

Also having a huge caravan/road trip across America and partying at every stop.... makes me wanna drive to FL just to drive back and join the road trip.
That is the plan (paying by the days) but the main reason for this thread, was to see if people are wanting to go all out, or to go the cheaper route with this totally awesome economy....lol

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #36
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
it's a vaction for a reason, spend money, i will be there all the way from Wisconsin. NO TRACK TIME for me though can't risk breaking what i drove there.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #37
Witness
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Witness is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaNOW View Post
Hey guys just wondering if anyone who lives in seattle or anything wants to cruise down?

This is the route they gave me, but i was thinking of following the red one to vancouver than going through seattle and stuff. Anyone want to join the caravan!? i dont know where is socal this is going to be, so i just put los angeles for calculating the route.

If you were to come down through the west coast passing washington, Oregon and in cali the following cities SF,San Jose,Sac, Stockton, fresno you could set up check points to have others join the caravan im sure there would be a HUGE turn out.
Ill definitelay be there.
Witness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #38
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
i'd be all over track time if it were a local event, but seeing as i'm going to need to drive the car back to the midwest, i can't do it, so a cheaper option without track time would be great.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #39
Sergio180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
Sergio180sx is on the path to ruinSergio180sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
hell yea im so down for this!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOutlaw View Post
No not at the moment but an easy fix. just swap the motor I have in and take the old one out.
Sergio180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:27 PM   #40
jspeedm
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
jspeedm is on the path to ruinjspeedm is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I wish people would give more feedback. I don't think 100 cars constitutes a convention.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #41
Max_PSi
Zilvia Junkie

Max_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enough
I wouldn't be going all out considering the drive, i.e. drift/track, but I would be willing to spend a little extra if it were to help organize whatever extra's or events within the 3 days of the convention. So 150-200 for me.
Max_PSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #42
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
just voted. yes I agree more people need to give feedback. 2010 convention is approaching quickly... and interest/info needs to be gathered for those organizing it for us, or nothing is going to happen!!!
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:11 PM   #43
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I voted a long time ago. Ill pay 250 or whatever really, if i gots to. This isnt Nico, this is Zilvia. Going all out makes sense to me.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #44
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13dan View Post
I voted a long time ago. Ill pay 250 or whatever really, if i gots to. This isnt Nico, this is Zilvia. Going all out makes sense to me.
But I believe this is a Nissan S chassis meet.
The Zilvia folks will talk to the people at NICO to join together for a great event.
iirc.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #45
namdoogwerdna

namdoogwerdna is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
But I believe this is a Nissan S chassis meet.
The Zilvia folks will talk to the people at NICO to join together for a great event.
iirc.

I'm down to go all the way from here on the east coast haha.
namdoogwerdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #46
drift_s13

Trader Rating: (1)
drift_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drift_s13
Hmmmm... East coast s-chassis cruise to Cali?....
drift_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #47
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
is this on or not? if it is, i'll step up my 240 search.
anybody selling a 'vert in STL? i know the one guy is but he wants 5k and that's insane.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #48
Max_PSi
Zilvia Junkie

Max_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enough
Seems as though they have a spot for the convention. Its just a matter of cost now. Did you vote in the poll?
Max_PSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #49
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
why not? think about how nice it will be when everyone starts lowballing the guy on-scene for parts!

"hey bro, sorry to hear you fucked your car up... how about 20 bucks for your brembos dogg"

Me and Dave will have a deathmatch to see who is first in line! LOL!

IF there is going to be a track event, it SHOULD ideally be a grip/drift event. Let's be honest:

1- If you want the attendance you have to have drift sessions.

2- If there is a track event it is almost certainly going to be at the streets of willow or horsethief mile, either of which will allow drifting.

3- It would be pretty rad to get everyone together at the track to have a good time (drifters and grip guys).

I would personally like to do some drifting, if I have my e-brake attached by then that is! IMO if we should lose anything it should be the speedzone crap. I would be happier at a big ass park, with all the 240's lined up out front, just chillin with everyone (barbecue is mandatory...) then I would be at speedzone. I would much rather go out on a REAL track with my REAL car and have some REAL fun then piddle around on go-karts at speedzone if I had to choose between the two.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #50
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
well this is a great idea and would be epic is you guys could get a good turn out, i would be more then willing to pay over 350 for a good 3 day event and a good amount of track time. non drift want to grip my car. i live in az but i travel to west covina once a month and speed zone is rite up he street from where i stay. Im with racepar1 though i would much rather have a nice time at a real track with the option to drive our cars . speedzone is fun and all but allot of us are out of the video game and go cart erra. . but this was done in 2002 and went down awesome so i gess why chnge up a good thinng. ither way count me in
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:30 AM   #51
mrizsuki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
mrizsuki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i am down for the speedzone and meet. not too sure of the drift and grip yet.
mrizsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #52
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
is this on or not? if it is, i'll step up my 240 search.
anybody selling a 'vert in STL? i know the one guy is but he wants 5k and that's insane.
Im sure it is, but they are cutting it close if they dont already have a shit ton planned (in the background, cause WE aint seen much on this)

So you were not kidding about building a Vert? I saw the one for 5k, dudes on crack for that price.

Ill keep an eye out for ya.

You shoulda jumped on my cherry shell. I gave the damn thing away for $1200
mehsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #53
sickstatus
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
sickstatus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sickstatus
cant wait for this.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #54
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehsilvia View Post
Im sure it is, but they are cutting it close if they dont already have a shit ton planned (in the background, cause WE aint seen much on this)

So you were not kidding about building a Vert? I saw the one for 5k, dudes on crack for that price.

Ill keep an eye out for ya.

You shoulda jumped on my cherry shell. I gave the damn thing away for $1200
yeah, 2010 is going to be the year of my glorious return, in the form of the most comfortable, enjoyable 240 i can build. it's on
Old 12-26-2009, 04:28 AM   #55
ChicagoS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
ChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her selfChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ChicagoS14
So I am eagerly awaiting this. I wanna get a few 240S from the midwest and just cruise to Cali for this. I am down to spend like 300$ but I will have to do like double thhat in gas alone if not more.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #56
flaps

flaps is an unknown quantity at this point
i got a couple guys that are wanting this thing to happen from chicago... I'm down but comin from the midwest i probably wont hit the track day, plus driving from here, plus a hotel, plus the other costs i'd be down for the $200 region.
flaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:13 AM   #57
ChicagoS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
ChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her selfChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ChicagoS14
So my plan is to setup a massive cruise starting in Chicago. Gather all the local guys from the Chicago area, meet up with the Wisconsin People and Indiana Folk. Then drive down to St. Louis meet up with the guys down there, cruise down towards Texas. Join up with a large group of Texans, then all cruise through New Mexico, Arizona and ending up in California. Stopping to meet up with more people along the way. Get a huge group going, documentary, photoshoots, hot girls etc.

??? So whose down?
Old 01-09-2010, 10:28 AM   #58
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoS14 View Post
So my plan is to setup a massive cruise starting in Chicago. Gather all the local guys from the Chicago area, meet up with the Wisconsin People and Indiana Folk. Then drive down to St. Louis meet up with the guys down there, cruise down towards Texas. Join up with a large group of Texans, then all cruise through New Mexico, Arizona and ending up in California. Stopping to meet up with more people along the way. Get a huge group going, documentary, photoshoots, hot girls etc.

??? So whose down?
have the Texans meet us in Amarillo, and we can just cruise Route 66 the whole way. and going the southern route is DEFINITELY necessary when we're talking about spring. i got stuck in a blizzard in Utah one time going to SF in april.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #59
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i'm down with that, each region needs to coordinate a rendezvous point and go in a group from there. I'm still debating driving vs trailoring my car...

I'll help organize the DFW crowd to meet in amarillo but we need to lock down some hard dates and times, so we can request days off of work and what not.

Also everyone needs to budget extra for unexpected costs and repairs. Spend lots of time prepping the car, good alignment, good tires, de-ghetto important stuff like suspension and electronic shit. Make sure the car wont over-heat and will actually make the journey! its not likely that ALL 40+ 15yr old cars owned by broke asses are going to make the trek all the way.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #60
BustedS13
Post Whore!

i think they stand a better chance than most people think. it's all highway miles... as long as the cars are properly maintained (LOL) they should be fine.
i'm sure some idiot's 20 year old brittle radiator hose or some bullshit will crack, though, and an emergency autozone trip will be made.