Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #31
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
I dont struggle for my car by choice... A week after I bought it out of state, the engine blew. I was up shit creek without a paddle. Literally the day I got the freshly rebuilt engine into it, I lost my job...

So yeah shit happens. Just gotta move on.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #32
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Having a reliable daily helps a ridiculous amount, as was stated earlier.

my current daily is a bone stock TE72 corolla, i got it just so i wouldn't have to drive the Z every day (especially in the winter) for less than $200 and i love it, i have not driven the Z once since i got the rolla lol.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:35 AM   #33
JohnnyDrfiter22
Zilvia Addict

JohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura about
Iv been building cars for 10+ yrs now iv had some fun toys, but i always did things in stages and only once did i go over budget cuz i got a hella good deal on parts. I ate romaine and sat and played video games for a month after that.

I drive a 05 jetta as a daily and I own a 91 nissan you know all the works blah blah, and i got a 91 mr2. Ever since i got the jetta i never drive any of my toys. Do i regret it, i think oh man i could have a nice ass bimmer or benz but F that iv had soo much fun learnin and racing cars than anything!
JohnnyDrfiter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:55 AM   #34
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i dont think, hell, i know i'll never go pro...but drifting is a hobby...its what i do besides spend time with my family. as long as you have a daily and can afford to keep tinkering with cars/drifting i dont see what the big deal is. i'm 23, married with a little girl,i'll be out of the marine corps in 3 years and will be starting my "final" career then...i dont plan on getting out of this unless i HAVE to sell my car because we're in dior financial straights.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #35
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDrfiter22 View Post
Iv been building cars for 10+ yrs now iv had some fun toys, but i always did things in stages and only once did i go over budget cuz i got a hella good deal on parts. I ate romaine and sat and played video games for a month after that.

I drive a 05 jetta as a daily and I own a 91 nissan you know all the works blah blah, and i got a 91 mr2. Ever since i got the jetta i never drive any of my toys. Do i regret it, i think oh man i could have a nice ass bimmer or benz but F that iv had soo much fun learnin and racing cars than anything!
im almost in the same boat. the experience that this scene has afforded me is the only thing that i am grateful for. other than that i think i could have found something different to have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #36
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

ashtonroche is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think i could ever give up having my car and doing what i love to do. Its my only thing. See here is what i get at. I dont smoke, i usually eat fairly cheap. i do what i can to put money in my car. I do however sometimes go a little overboard and it makes it a struggle to get by but usually thats just periodic, not for long periods of time.

Most of the time im good. But yeah like most said having a daily driver is optimum but not always necessary if you trust in the work you do on your car and make it reliable.

I drive my 550whp B13 Sentra daily, daily driven 60 miles round trip to work every day. I have not had any problems driving it and ive tuned it and set it up to where its not hard at all for me or anyone else to get in and drive my car. But its insanely fast. haha. I wholly trust all my work which is every part on the car and tuning to not have a problem putting miles on it. I get 35mpg on the highway going to work and as long as i dont get on it all the time i can get close to 30 in town.

But as of right now the car is down for upgrades and i really wish i had another daily driver. I sold off the clutch and flywheel setup i had to go twin disk and i had already had a messed up stock trans so im upgrading that to a p11 trans.

It seems as though every time i get a daily driver i find it soo cheap and then bam i sell it and make money on it, like decent money on it, haha. Oops. But i do have my wifes car i can use any time i want.
ashtonroche is offline   Reply With Quote