Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 05-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #31
JDMTyler3326

Trader Rating: (0)
JDMTyler3326 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Zilvia - I just love the FS Section and all the nice cars. I think its more of a chill forum then others.

240sxfamily - I like because everyone jokes around alot.

Nico - I don''t like the way it is set up.

club240 - I loved alot until everyone stopped posting.
JDMTyler3326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #32
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ive always come here for the vast knowledge of experienced owners, the for sale section, and to look at properly done cars.
240sxforums - ill go on to look at all their cool DIY stuff.
tamparacing - i go on to shoot the shit, nothing to be gained from there other than free entertainment.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #33
mrflip69
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
mrflip69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Started out on automotiveforums (Igor with the GTR), worse than NICO in terms of noobs and misinformation.

FA -had- a really great tech section, before they got hacked and changed layouts.. now it seems everybody has left. Had some real pioneers and OG dudes there too, doing VQ/VG, and even KA-T stuff back before ka-t.org was made. Did the whitebunny stuff originate there? I think that place died around the same time Motorex died LOL! No disrespect to the guys here, but what some guys are discovering here, can probably be found in the archives of FA. Car lounge was chill, and they had/have some great babe threads.

NICO -- Gen is a mess, but I've found their engine forums--specifically RB, is awesome.

hybridz -- some really sweet builds, good info thats tried and true for mods;

zilvia -- like hybridz, but has pretty good classifieds, though much like any place, people have gotten burned here really bad.. again, a lot of searching to check out reviews on parts. Ironic how anti-bandwagon its members claim to be sometimes... definitely needs to run a tighter leash on the sponsors to make sure people don't get ripped off.
mrflip69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #34
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I totally forgot about HybridZ.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:25 AM   #35
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
s0ap, Yuta, Brian?

Fuck this shit.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #36
n240sxfnatic
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
n240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I go on sxoc all the time and just look at the build threads.
n240sxfnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #37
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
I'm only on Zilvia haha. I have accounts on a few other forums but don't visit them regularly.

Nicoclub has a few good DIY things going on in there, but I can't stand the way it's set up, I always forget how to get to the forums.

Shift-Lock used to be cool until Colin let the thing die and brought it back up with no more forums

Thats all I got. I'm pretty much a Zilvia man haha
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #38
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Zilvia - Premie section, FS section, Regional Section, Off topic section... all worth while, and pretty organized and maintained...

Nico - only purpose i have going to Nico is the CA section, by far the best kept, most organized section of that whole forum...there info is catagorized beautifully...any other section i dunno...

Nissansilvia - the NSFW section is pretty entertaining, plus the have CA parts

SXOC - more CA info and a chance for parts...

s-chassis.com - utterly dead... some pretty decent walk thrus...but really, no point in posting, its pretty dead...

240sxforums - probably just as dead as s-chassis.com

Son240 - great place for some info, and hard to find parts...sometimes...

i think it all lies in preference...why you go to said forum...but most statements here are true, Zilvia's FS section is pretty top notch...Nico FS section is still a cluster fuck even if its divided into all those sections...its a headache tryin to use it...so i dont...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #39
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
FA - in 02-03 was at its prime imo

zilvia - classifieds, offtopic, wheel fitment etc.. just annoyed with the hardcore-bro attitude. 03-06 was the good years for me.. i no longer have a 240 but i still come around and enjoy this forum.

rx7club - for repairs etc.. middle age guys who buy rx7s because they cant afford vettes, than hate on bodykits/wheels and japanese build ups, with the general hidden message that "japanese dont know what they are doing". The rx7 community can be borring as hell most of the time, alot of uninspiring cars and lack of good taste.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #40
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
I can relate to the rx7 old fart's club.
Completely agree.
I bought a 240sx because i couldnt afford a vette.
The japanese really dont know what the hell theyre doing most of the time.
(with Mazda, why bother with a rotary period).
I really do not care for bodykits & aggressive fitment wheels.

I wouldnt even bother with Japanese cars period if i had more $
i need to check out that rx7 site!
Good chance i might obtain an FD soon for close to free.

Great recommendation, thanks!
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #41
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
Same here, that was my first home
left when they applied the Nico treatment and drove most of the old timers out

Zilvia - For Sale forums are the best. Everything thing else is meh.
I've heard it being describes as "the angry version of Nico". Thought that was pretty funny.

NRR - It's got that old FA feel. Older more mature crowd with a genuine interest in making their cars perform. I find myself more and more spending time there. Best forums to have an intelligent discussion nowadays.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:24 PM   #42
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
The problem with zilvia.net is its large. People never reply to tech problems they have, so if someone helps them out with a solution, people who search never know what out of the 50 replies was the one that fixed the problem.

...and nobody seems to know how to search.

Its so retarded having to tell people still today that white smoke is coolant, blue/black is oil or catastrophic failure. Nobody knows the basics and its f'ked.

It should be mandatory for everyone here to have www.240SXTECHDVDS.org Home Page with the FSM's also located on the site.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #43
SinGarage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
SinGarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Zilvia is the one I mostly frequent due to its members being civilized. I don't think poeple here are being too rude but some do push it. I also understand members here answering the same damn question all the time which could have been easily avoided if noobs would have searched first. Spoonfeeding is no good also as the noob will never learn.

I do agree though on some members not responding back to their own post to figure out which suggestion has solved their technical problems. Overall I would say Zilvia is the best 240SX forum.
SinGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:44 PM   #44
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Freshalloy - Been there for a long time. Very informative over there. *Haven't been there for a while though. GTR classifieds was the BEST thing there.

Nico - Seemed ok. Some really dumb shit, but some informative stuff too. They have a new layout or something, so I don't go there at all anymore. Classifieds were boring. No PM feature was really stupid.

Ziptied - Was awesome at the beginning, but it's done a full 180 from what it used to be. I am no longer a member there.

Zilvia - For sale section is pretty much all it's got going. I hate the fact that a new person can't come in and get a simple answer to things. Searching for things is fine, but I don't think a new person should get flak just for asking a question. Way to welcome people to the community, right?
Pretty much how I feel. I liked FA back in the day too.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:48 PM   #45
Gizmo_S13
Zilvia FREAK!

Gizmo_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I originally started with Hondas so I came from Honda-Tech at first I thought it wasn't as good considering the Tech section wasn't as good where as you go to Honda-tech and get a response really quick but I've learned to love this site. The people here are funny and pretty cool when you meet them in person. Gotta show the mods some love for keeping this place locked down, they do their job good and keep most of the N0obs in check. Heh...I like the Regional, OT, and FS Section. WTB came in handy quite a few times.SO.... ZIIIILLLLVIIIIIIAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hachiroku, ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!!!
Gizmo_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #46
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
rx7club stance thread - 9 pages of old men complaining FC Proper Stance Pic Thread - RX7Club.com
Old 06-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #47
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Too many trendy hipsters on zilvia.net (hence why everything is stance and drifting)

Some of us like grip, and Porsche destroying. Drifting is fun and all, but I get so pissed at seeing 18 year old's write off perfectly good cars because they suck.

I am also a fan of a few key FWD cars such as Integras and SH preludes. I can only really comment on the cars I've driven. (hate VW's, every one I've owned or driven)

The s-chassis is a lame poor mans car (really, it is), but with so much potential. I'm on my 4th right now, and Plan on throwing about 20,000 total into her (currently mid way thru an engine build). But when all is said and done, I'll be where I want for my own personal sports car. Able to compare with Porsche Turbo's at a fraction of the price.

To each and they're own. I do it for me.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #48
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

chris_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not a member anywhere else really, but I enjoy Zilvia because theres so much that has been covered and so many people that know what they're doing. I rarely post because if I want to know something, I can find just about anything in older threads. Sometimes I browse through NRR for the in depth converstaions, I find myself learning a thing or two pretty often.
chris_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #49
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
ZILVIA.NET is un-questionably my "e-home". No other forum that I have been on is nearly as entertaining. Obviously the for sale section ROCKS here too! Almost all of my real life connections in the car world were developed through zilvia... The only problem is the drift bias and the overabundance of arrogant idiots. Zilvia is not the place to have a productive technical conversation (suspension geometry/advanced car setup).

nissanroadracing.com is THE BEST PLACE to go and actually learn something about your 240sx. I take all of my technical discussions to NRR.

trackhq.com is a worthwhile stop from time to time for me. It's a good place to go to keep informed about what's going on in the trackday/time attack scene.

NICO on the other hand is utterly useless to me. I hate the format, I hate playing warm and fuzzy with the jerkoffs, and there's really just not much there. The only reason I even joined was for the Q45 section when I had mine, haven't been back since I sold it!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:51 AM   #50
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
fireblades.org - good info but wierd with different age groups and nationalities
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #51
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
Freshalloy - first car forum i ever joined. back in the day, there were lots of great information. then asad and a bunch of others just 'disappeared'

240sxforums - i used to post whore, but the place just got too boring. way too many un-needed forums sections.

zilvia - by far the best and most active market place. i love the advertiser specials. i like looking at all the picture threads. lots of good information through-out the site. i do miss the old zilvia look with the 'install' pages.

nico - hardly browse it. but i like their 240sx technical page....
Old 07-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #52
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
rx7club stance thread - 9 pages of old men complaining FC Proper Stance Pic Thread - RX7Club.com

Why is it that the BFE state people are always complaining?
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #53
mike[pistonless]
Leaky Injector

mike[pistonless] is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

zilvia - classifieds, offtopic, wheel fitment etc.. just annoyed with the hardcore-bro attitude. 03-06 was the good years for me.. i no longer have a 240 but i still come around and enjoy this forum.

rx7club - for repairs etc.. middle age guys who buy rx7s because they cant afford vettes, than hate on bodykits/wheels and japanese build ups, with the general hidden message that "japanese dont know what they are doing". The rx7 community can be borring as hell most of the time, alot of uninspiring cars and lack of good taste.
i totatally agree rx7 club is so borring and everyone is an old fart

i love zilvia because there is shit talking, alot of good stuff in the fs section, it reminds me alot of the rx8club and our random shenanigans
Old 07-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #54
bigbadberrys13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
bigbadberrys13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I like Nico. I feel the website layout makes finding certain topics easier and quicker although their search function could use some refining.
bigbadberrys13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #55
240Shwag
Zilvia Member

240Shwag is an unknown quantity at this point
This forum is a big forum. And its pretty apparent.

You find shit you like and shit you dont like here. I find fixed bikes and fashion threads fairly gay, so the off topic chat is next to useless for browsing.
240Shwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:07 PM   #56
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
I think Zilvia has been my only eHome.

To be quite honest, its fallen from grace. I think 03 to 06-07 were its golden years.

We used to have such a tight community, less assholes, but more tough love.

The change in dynamic and direction has weeded out some of the awesome members. Some of those people I still talk to on a daily basis, like Makoto/doug. His flaming was so on point, it was hilarious.

Nowadays, I feel like Zilvia is that fat chick you fucked because you were getting NOTHING. You acknowledge in secret they you did shit, but you always feel... shitty.

Zilvia, we had awesome times together, best years of my life, but I think we're headed two different directions. It really does sadden me to say that.

PS. I generally still like all the mods. Not really the new mods, no offense.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:57 PM   #57
MADE
Zilvia Addict

MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
No forum is prefect but my thoughts on were Zilvia can improve.

Members being hypocrites due to being with the "in crowd".
Speak your own mind vice what the cool kids are doing/thinking.

Members with the right of passage attitude. Just cause someone was hard, on you doesn't mean you have to be a harder on the newer people.

Un biased Moderation, there are mods that should be gone IMO. Its a forum for information and entertainment, no need to take stuff personal or be an a%$hole or unfair to others. The majority are good but like anything else they're always 1-2.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #58
BradGriffith1
Zilvia Member

BradGriffith1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like Zilvia because everyone is mean
BradGriffith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #59
BUBS

BUBS is an unknown quantity at this point
gotta agree with badgriffith1 ^^^^

i like how smug some people on these threads are. it's pretty amusing. on the other hand, theres some good info as well. u just gotta find it.
BUBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #60
DEEPfrom1
Leaky Injector

DEEPfrom1 is an unknown quantity at this point
The for sale thread on here is legit. Zilvia has some great build threads and some funny stuff. I also spend a lot of time on ka-t.org, there is a lot of knowledgeable people on there.

Nico is nicely structured forum, most of the people are tools. 240sxforums, comes up always when I google and some of that stuff is so funny, it seems like they must be joking.
DEEPfrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote