Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #31
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
yes there is! if u need some info, call me brah =P

after everything, i STILL might be going there :-D

Don't keep it a secret...my car is two different shades of red right now.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #32
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
shitty s14 the car looks great!

I used the esco maaco

454 Enterprise St
Escondido, CA 92029-1242
(760) 741-5077
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #33
Ithical
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
Ithical is making a name for him/her selfIthical is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I got a quote from there for pretty cheap! sweet.. for silver moss
Ithical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #34
Shitty_S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Shitty_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithical View Post
I got a quote from there for pretty cheap! sweet.. for silver moss
basically what my car color is, only switched it up..

and thanks touge monster!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #35
1on1
Post Whore!

1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
hmm, i live around mira mesa. I'll probably give them a call tomorrow.

is their driveway low friendly?

edit:
nvm, i saw it on google street.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:15 PM   #36
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead View Post
max,just pay for body work its to much work and to much time
me and marcos are gonna do it maybe my friend julian too but yeah and it'll be fast especially with more days off that ive been getting lately( yesterday) lmao!
and id rather do it us that way we know its good to go!
Old 10-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #37
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
This is just my opinion and how I feel about these Maaco/1 day paint places...Im not no pro but I been doing auto paint and body for 2 yrs and still learning. Im actually impressed by these maaco jobs... Sorry to sound like a broken record but you get what you pay for... and thats the truth. Ask them what kind of materials they used (paint/clear)? did they do a single stage or 2 stage paint? How much body filler was used on the car and if they actually pulled all dents out and not just covered them with a bunch of body filler? Did they just scuffed the old paint and painted over it? were the door jams painted? Did they remove moldings,door hands, glass..? theres a lot when it comes to body and paint. Some of these cheap jobs look good for a few months then paint starts cracking, bubbleing up, clear starts fading etc... I think the only good thing to do is have the car preped like some of these guys have mention, buy your paint and then take it for them to spray it. Most important thing is how the car is preped.... if its not preped proper then there will be problems

Just to have an idea for an OK good base paint, clear with reducer and hardner for a complete paint job you'll be paying $300-$400 JUST for the paint materials not including labor(bodywork, primer, cut and buff, etc..) If your not going to keep the car and plan to sell it or get rid of it within a year sure go ahead and get it painted a a maaco or 1 day paint but if you want a good quality paint job and expect for the paint to last then dont take it to these cheap places. For anyone in SOCAL area hit me up if you looking to get your car done my friend and I do it on the side... we do decent jobs and for good prices.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #38
tinys s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
tinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
wow im surprised thee macco paint jobs are really good
Old 10-14-2010, 10:08 PM   #39
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylvia213 View Post

Just to have an idea for an OK good base paint, clear with reducer and hardner for a complete paint job you'll be paying $300-$400 JUST for the paint materials not including labor(bodywork, primer, cut and buff, etc..) If your not going to keep the car and plan to sell it or get rid of it within a year sure go ahead and get it painted a a maaco or 1 day paint but if you want a good quality paint job and expect for the paint to last then dont take it to these cheap places. For anyone in SOCAL area hit me up if you looking to get your car done my friend and I do it on the side... we do decent jobs and for good prices.
Im not saying youre wrong but for a daily/track car I think they are great. This is a recent pic of my buddies car that got the cheapest paint at maaco over two years ago.

Last edited by Touge_Monster; 10-14-2010 at 11:49 PM..
Old 10-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #40
E2EKIELR34
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
E2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_Monster View Post
Im not saying your wrong but for a daily/track car I think they are great. This is a recent pic of my buddies car that got the cheapest paint at maaco over two years ago.
dengg i miss my c-west spoiler . when did you take this twan?
Old 10-14-2010, 10:29 PM   #41
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Martino is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Is it a 10ft-er?
Looks good in the pics, as does your Touge Monster.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:43 PM   #42
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2EKIELR34 View Post
dengg i miss my c-west spoiler . when did you take this twan?
From palomar. Yeah that blows sorry dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino View Post
Is it a 10ft-er?
Looks good in the pics, as does your Touge Monster.
It does NOT look like a show car paint job (even though I have won a trophy for my car at a car show ha ha). My car does have some runs in it but they are not bad. This is what it looked like the day I got it. No wet sanding or buffing:

Like I said I think it is great for a daily/track car
Old 10-15-2010, 09:05 AM   #43
Shitty_S14
Zilvia Member

Shitty_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point

all i need is fitment, and a new camera,, but u get the freakin idea... MAACO is a deal, i got 2 stage paint with 2 year warranty
Old 10-15-2010, 04:46 PM   #44
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Martino is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
From palomar. Yeah that blows sorry dude

It does NOT look like a show car paint job (even though I have won a trophy for my car at a car show ha ha). My car does have some runs in it but they are not bad. This is what it looked like the day I got it. No wet sanding or buffing:

Like I said I think it is great for a daily/track car

Not bad for not having it wet-sanded or buffed at the least.
It really all depends on the skill of whoever holds the gun.

Did you have it buffed afterwords?

Looks good either way.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #45
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Im not saying youre wrong but for a daily/track car I think they are great.
I'm usually the asshole to tell everybody to get a legit paint job ("legit" in my opinion being a proper 2-3 stage paint job, windows/glass out, properly prepped, all dings/dents fixed properly, blah blah blah you get the idea), but since most people on here can't afford that, I would strongly prefer seeing more people with Maaco paint jobs instead of rattle canned flat black pile of shit.

Track car or daily, anyone can afford $300-400 for a Maaco paint job.

I'll personally stick to the better paint jobs since I'm extremely anal about that kind of stuff (orange peel, distortion, waves, etc), but your car came out good considering how cheap it was.

If you're still too cheap to get a Maaco paint job, do it yourself. The cheapest form I can think of is buying a few scotch brite pads (body work specific), a gallon of single stage paint, a roll of masking tape, newspaper, cheapest gun you can get at Harbor Freight, borrow an air compressor, and a couple hours on your day off.

That's like $150-200 at most. Rattle cans will be cheaper, but trust me. Shit is time consuming.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #46
cardoza
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
cardoza is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^^^^^^

And the money that you spend on rattle cans to get the same coverage you will get with a gallon of paint and a gun isn't really all that much when it comes to the difference it makes.
cardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #47
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
roller people...roller....

YouTube - Nissan 240SX roller paint job

have fun cheap asses!
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:17 PM   #48
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
^ roller paint ftmfw. Me and a friend did it. It's great . super cheap too

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #49
Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich is an unknown quantity at this point
Would maaco paint over a spray painted car? Would I have to sand it down myself to the factory paint or down to the metal? Serious question, I want a better paint job than what I've got... flat black rattle can over the stock white that had no clear.

What's the best way to go about doing this.
Ham Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #50
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich View Post
Would maaco paint over a spray painted car? Would I have to sand it down myself to the factory paint or down to the metal? Serious question, I want a better paint job than what I've got... flat black rattle can over the stock white that had no clear.

Same question. I'm just about ready to get my car painted but it's like flaking and shit in some spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #51
drivens13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
drivens13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
X100 on doing the prep work yourself.First thing first is go and work out a deal with them on what your going to be bringing them and color.Also if your super cheap you can tell them other quotes from shops to try to bring them down in price. Do not expect the paint to hold up very well compared to modern base coat/clear coat urethane or water based paints.Just so you know most reputable body shops will work with you on price also.iLetting you sand andor do the bodywork yourself thus lowering the price but still giving you a high quality paint job that will last for around 10 years.Some even offer lifetime warrenty on their work.
drivens13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #52
Ithical
Zilvia Junkie

Ithical is making a name for him/her selfIthical is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich View Post

Best bet is show em.. Can't answer that unless someone has done it. Since all they do is scuff and spray, I can't see why it'd be a big deal. But again, much easier to just go and show em.
Ithical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #53
cardoza
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
cardoza is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
roller people...roller....

YouTube - Nissan 240SX roller paint job

have fun cheap asses!
Damn that came out really well. What kind of prep/post work was done? No way the paint can just lay down like that... Do you have a link to a DIY you followed?
cardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #54
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivens13 View Post
X100 on doing the prep work yourself.First thing first is go and work out a deal with them on what your going to be bringing them and color.Also if your super cheap you can tell them other quotes from shops to try to bring them down in price. Do not expect the paint to hold up very well compared to modern base coat/clear coat urethane or water based paints.Just so you know most reputable body shops will work with you on price also.iLetting you sand andor do the bodywork yourself thus lowering the price but still giving you a high quality paint job that will last for around 10 years.Some even offer lifetime warrenty on their work.
on the other hand my friend, they wont guarentee there paint work becuase they didnt do the prep nor the body work, shiii i know i wouldnt ahaha for all i know u come witha paint "ready" car and i get a p.o.s. like i have in my driveway.. lmao! people people if u do body work make sure u weld in holes rather than put foil on the other side and fill it with bondo... gosh! ahaha but yeah proper prep work is key! if u want a guarentee pay full price
Old 10-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #55
SlideKing92
Zilvia Member

SlideKing92 is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess everyone has different experience with them, when i bought my hatch it had a black macco paint job and it looked good at first. (when i bought the car the paint was about 6 months old) after the paint was on the car for about 2 years it was fading pretty bad and had a gray look too it. And yes I took care of the paint regular washing, and the car was garage kept.
SlideKing92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:19 AM   #56
drivens13
Zilvia Member

drivens13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanAndLegit View Post
on the other hand my friend, they wont guarentee there paint work becuase they didnt do the prep nor the body work, shiii i know i wouldnt ahaha for all i know u come witha paint "ready" car and i get a p.o.s. like i have in my driveway.. lmao! people people if u do body work make sure u weld in holes rather than put foil on the other side and fill it with bondo... gosh! ahaha but yeah proper prep work is key! if u want a guarentee pay full price
True True thats why i sayed "some" may offer the lifetime guarantee. Bottom line is weather it be single stage or base coat clear/clear coat if you want if to last you need to prep it properly and use quality products with a coat of sealer inbetween the likely unlike paint products.Which is another thing Maaco and places like that will not bother to use is a sealer.Also just talked to a friend the other day and hes having his whole car repainted along with repair of core support and fender all for a quote of $700 with a 24 month guarantee.Talk about cheap i can't wait to see the finished product.
drivens13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:50 AM   #57
sleeper108
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
sleeper108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoza View Post
Damn that came out really well. What kind of prep/post work was done? No way the paint can just lay down like that... Do you have a link to a DIY you followed?
A guy on my local forum did it with his fox body. It took something like 20 coats? It eventually lays down smooth, but it's not until the 17th coat or something that it starts looking good. He was saying if he had to do it all over again, he would have bought a gun and sprayed it over the weekend, since the roller paint job takes like a month.

as for prep work, he sanded it down, and used primer with the roller lol
sleeper108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #58
ROOSEY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
ROOSEY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i <3 roller painting. took me forever but looked great after about 4 days and 12 coats of paint and wet sanded each coat. $75!! but since it took forever ill probably spend $150 more and spray the car myself.

my car roller painted before its final wet sand. looks kinda dull in the pic but wasnt bad in person. way better looking then rattled unless your an O.G. at spray painting. my friends teg is rattle canned with primer, color, and 4 coats of clear, wet sanded and it came out amazing!!
ROOSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #59
DJ Silent
Zilvia Member

DJ Silent is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DJ Silent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shitty_S14 View Post

all i need is fitment, and a new camera,, but u get the freakin idea... MAACO is a deal, i got 2 stage paint with 2 year warranty
What'd you pay, and what did they do? I'm in chula and looking for paint for my car, just need some basic body work and my driver side corner pulled (which I'll do myself if it costs too much) Did you pull the lights or do anything special yourself?
DJ Silent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #60
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
From what I've seen in the past, as long as you stay away from pearl paints, it turns out decent. Since it's single stage, pearls just don't come out right. Best one's I've seen are plain white, red and even black(but black needs good prep).

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote