Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #31
schrapnel85
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
schrapnel85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to schrapnel85
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
anyone who would choose to run fiberglass over urethane is either broke, or an idiot
I spent 1500.00 on my dmax kit, its fiberglass...I doubt I'm broke as shit. retarded for spending that much on aero...definately haha
schrapnel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #32
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrapnel85 View Post
I spent 1500.00 on my dmax kit, its fiberglass...I doubt I'm broke as shit. retarded for spending that much on aero...definately haha
did you have the option of going for the same one in urethane though? no.

dont misquote me.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #33
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
anyone who would choose to run fiberglass over urethane is either broke, or an idiot
I'd chose FRP over urethane anyday. I can fix the cracks with fiberglass and repaint the bumper, and with urethane, it'll most likely crack, or just bend. What do I do then? Maybe I just don't know if it's possible to repair urethane or not, but idk...
Old 12-23-2010, 10:31 PM   #34
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
If you're like me, and forget your car is kidna low, and drive it like a normal car, eurothane is your friend as it will bend or scrap.

I don't have the time, nor do i like the looked of cracked ass fiberglass. I enjoy being able to smack FIA curbing and keep going.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #35
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
I'd chose FRP over urethane anyday. I can fix the cracks with fiberglass and repaint the bumper, and with urethane, it'll most likely crack, or just bend. What do I do then? Maybe I just don't know if it's possible to repair urethane or not, but idk...
if your urathane bumper cracks, your car was probably written off and a shitty patch job is the least of your worries. urethane bends like a mother fucker, the most you would have is paint cracking.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:00 AM   #36
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
if your urathane bumper cracks, your car was probably written off and a shitty patch job is the least of your worries. urethane bends like a mother fucker, the most you would have is paint cracking.
You only get paint cracking with Urethane, when the guy who sprayed your car cheap'd out and did not add flex agent to the paint! LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #37
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
You only get paint cracking with Urethane, when the guy who sprayed your car cheap'd out and did not add flex agent to the paint! LOL
Or you rub curbing at 100

'just saying'

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:31 AM   #38
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
urethane will almost never crack seeing as its rubber. I go in my basement and stand on my oem bumper and shit wont do anything other than make me fall
Quote:
did you have the option of going for the same one in urethane though? no.

dont misquote me.
There isn't really much of an option with urethane v frp. majority of companys make frp only
Quote:
This
Old 12-24-2010, 09:48 PM   #39
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Few people are droping that type of cash of FRP in broke-dick 240 world.

Most are still tweaking out over a $400 body kit set off ebay.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:12 AM   #40
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Alright. My bad then. So I guess if given the option to get the aero I have now, in the same price range, I'd get urethane. Thing is, few companies actually offer urethane...
Old 12-25-2010, 04:42 AM   #41
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What about urethane bending, sagging and warping from say heat or something like that?

Have you guys experienced anything like that? That's my only gripe and reason I'd rather go with fiberglass. I've seen some front bumpers for older Z's that sag and wave and people have to reinforce them with aluminum and etc...

Could be just the design, but regardless, the only downfall I see to fiberglass is it getting destroyed on impact, but then again I don't run into shit.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:37 AM   #42
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
but urethane bumpers dont come in cool designs and shit. If someone makes a bn sports Type IV body kit in full urethane, i'd gladly pay a million dollars for that.
And I would out bid you by $1.00 on ebay
Old 12-25-2010, 09:38 AM   #43
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
urethane will almost never crack seeing as its rubber. I go in my basement and stand on my oem bumper and shit wont do anything other than make me fall
urethane will crack over LONG time of sun exposure.. it breaks down just like any other material

i changed my front/rear bumpers because the old ones were heat stressed and had small spiderweb cracks which cannot be perm repaired.. only covered up.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #44
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
aftermarket urethane bumpers are no where near the quality and strength of OEM bumpers.

Also, it is really hard to repair urethane

Not sure if this is true,but I have heard urethane bumpers don't hold their shape at high speeds
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #45
nismobenzo
Zilvia Junkie

nismobenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
but urethane bumpers dont come in cool designs and shit. If someone makes a bn sports Type IV body kit in full urethane, i'd gladly pay a million dollars for that.
i call dibs on it used for 20k =]
nismobenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:21 PM   #46
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
If you hit a hay bail with something that breaks on contact (frp) there will be nothing supporting the impact area against that force. If the area does not break the load can be supported across a larger area (ure) and ideally the bail wont actually make contact with the intercooler.

I assume you meant clipping a hay bail not a head on collision. For real though, if you get rid of your bumper support for a fmic, make a crash bar.
bc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:10 AM   #47
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
Could be just the design, but regardless, the only downfall I see to fiberglass is it getting destroyed on impact, but then again I don't run into shit.
idk about heat causing sag but... take the bumper off at track = not hitting shit. Don't drive like a dumbass = not hitting shit. FRP is fine for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
urethane will crack over LONG time of sun exposure.. it breaks down just like any other material

i changed my front/rear bumpers because the old ones were heat stressed and had small spiderweb cracks which cannot be perm repaired.. only covered up.
True that, but i said almost

mine has a few stress marks where it flexed too far but idc, its a back up bumper anyways
Old 12-29-2010, 12:11 AM   #48
yingiang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
yingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
people like to modify their cars. thats why we all have 240s..to mod to our taste..along with everything else in this world. chose what you want, style how you want. there will always be someone who disapproves or hates. do you
yingiang is offline   Reply With Quote