Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #31
nassin31spr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
nassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Don't suppose you guys know where I can get pretuned EPROM chips for my e5 tuned ecu. The chips were removed and I don't have any. I would just like to buy some pretuned chips and throw them in.

"Home is where the armor is"
nassin31spr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #32
Nicelyphe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Nicelyphe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
No idea, try searching around some of the tuning company's and see if they will sell you one. I think I've seen a few on ebay when looking for an ECU for my car. I can't guarantee anything though.

EDIT: Here's something, just be careful I suppose.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NISSAN-SR20D...item256c5cb897

PLMS Seems to sell them too.

http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/daughterboards.shtml

Pretty sure moates has them.

http://www.moates.net/
Nicelyphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #33
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassin31spr View Post
Don't suppose you guys know where I can get pretuned EPROM chips for my e5 tuned ecu. The chips were removed and I don't have any. I would just like to buy some pretuned chips and throw them in.
You need to know a few things, before you can just through chips in the ecu.
First : Size, of the chips the board uses and type. Second : How are the tunes read/written.
Both of those things can render a tune for your ecu useless, if your tuner doesn't know.
Post pictures of the daughterboard and a list of your mods, unless you just want a stock tune put on it.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #34
Nicelyphe
Zilvia Addict

Anyone know how to get rid of electrical noise interference? So I can get this consult working.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #35
nassin31spr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
nassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotbu View Post
You need to know a few things, before you can just through chips in the ecu.
First : Size, of the chips the board uses and type. Second : How are the tunes read/written.
Both of those things can render a tune for your ecu useless, if your tuner doesn't know.
Post pictures of the daughterboard and a list of your mods, unless you just want a stock tune put on it.

By flashorlightning at 2012-02-11

By flashorlightning at 2012-02-11

Heres a picture of my daughterboard. Dose anyone recognize it? I have no idea. I just want some chips to put in it.

"Home is where the armor is"
nassin31spr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #36
JKTUNING

Trader Rating: (0)
JKTUNING is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That looks to be a moates prototype board, they are the same boards that I install into basic ECUs.

The chips for this board need to be programed with the same bin/image on both chips.

NismoTronicSA Tuning Package
Dyno Tuning and ECU Services
Mustang AWD-150 | DynaPack 3000
JKTUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #37
cotbu
Post Whore!

cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Yeah it does.
I see it's missing the jrom pins. You could have someone solder some pins on and you should be able to switch between programs(tunes). Normally you would waste the space on 27SF512 chips. (1set of chips 2tunes)

Old 02-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #38
cotbu
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicelyphe View Post
Anyone know how to get rid of electrical noise interference? So I can get this consult working.
which software are you using? Type of consult cable? If you can't connect with EOKO? Then It's not an electrical noise problem right now. So can you connect with the engine off key on? In the case of electrical noise, The best solution is a rewire by me. A Close second would be, grounding the shielding on the cable to the chassis. You may even try grounding the laptop to the chassis too. I've only seen noise become a problem around 4-4500rpm.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #39
Nicelyphe
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotbu View Post
which software are you using? Type of consult cable? If you can't connect with EOKO? Then It's not an electrical noise problem right now. So can you connect with the engine off key on? In the case of electrical noise, The best solution is a rewire by me. A Close second would be, grounding the shielding on the cable to the chassis. You may even try grounding the laptop to the chassis too. I've only seen noise become a problem around 4-4500rpm.

Using an eBay cable. Yes it works with on key engine off, when engines on I have anywhere from 0 to 15 seconds until it stops the results feed.

Cable http://www.ebay.com/itm/260888215705...84.m1439.l2649
Old 02-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #40
cotbu
Post Whore!

Here's what I used to do, take a lighter, melt a section of the cable then slide it back to reveal either the aluminum shielding or the ground wire itself. I had a wire with alligator clips on the ends and It worked great. Connect the ground wire or shield to the chassis.

If you're still getting disconnects at Idle, there are some settings you can try via device manager in windows.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #41
Nicelyphe
Zilvia Addict

Hmm, I'm actually going to look into that! Also does the ECU technically ground to the chassis when bolted to it? Cause at the moment I do not have the ecu bolted to the car.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #42
cotbu
Post Whore!

Yes it does, but it will function normally if wired correctly and not bolted down. The reason to bolt it down would not be because it's not functioning right. It has it's own power and ground connection, but lets say the ground connection is bad, it can use the chassis as ground if bolted down. IDK how to really explain it, but you should bolt the ecu down.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #43
Nicelyphe
Zilvia Addict

Hmm, Tomorrow I'm going to bolt it down and maybe that will help my issue as well. Honestly its been a year since I've had it bolted down >_<
Old 02-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #44
Nicelyphe
Zilvia Addict

Alright i opened the cord, Added a separte ground. It actually worked for about 5 minutes this time then it froze once again. Would my battery relocate wire interfere with the cable? The relocate cord runs right along the chassis under the ecu.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #45
cotbu
Post Whore!

I'm not having any disconnects or freezes with nistune, ecutalk, conzult or tecu 2.53.
Tecu 2.53 is pretty old so is ecutalk and conzult, but I always liked them. Try those and see if they work any better for you.

I like ecutalk for data logging, code reading and gauges
Conzult for setting base idle and timing and of course reading codes