Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #31
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
you arent pocketing shit because you are spending what.....1300 a year on a phone?
zziiiiinnnng!!!
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #32
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Quote:
you arent pocketing shit because you are spending what.....1300 a year on a phone?
If he buys it on contract then the phone is $199 for the 16GB. Depending on what company he's with there is also a $30-36 upgrade fee that he has to pay. So he really does pocket around $100. If he has an upgrade.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #33
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
you are missing the point.

he isnt pocketing 100 bucks. its just going to pay the stupidly expensive bill.

im glad im on prepaid fuck that expensive ass bill. 45 bucks a month is my bill for unlimited data and a few hundred minutes
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #34
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Oh I'm not missing your point but everyone has different needs. You trade some coverage in some areas for your prepaid plan and that may not work for him. Or he may have other reasons. It's still a bill he would have to pay otherwise. If he was going to stay on the same plan and get a new phone when he was allowed and his monthly bill stays the same while getting a new phone then he is pocketing $100 over what his normal monthly costs are.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #35
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol I pay $70 a month for my iPhone plan, sharing 550 minutes, unlimited text and data.

Anyways preordered my iPhone 5, selling my iPhone 4 for $300 so paying $30 out of pocket for the new one

Edit: and he is pocketing $100. He is going to pay the same for his phone bill regardless of upgrading or not.

Last edited by daftphunk; 09-14-2012 at 03:50 PM..
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #36
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF View Post
I'll probably get one, since I skipped the upgrade to the 4S and I'm eligible on my contract.
I tried to do this but my 3GS died on me(out of warranty) so I didn't have a choice. I guess I'll have to wait until the 5S next year.

Edit: what's with this talk of the grandfathered data plan getting nixed? I kept my when I went to 4S. If when I get the 5S and I have to get rid of my data pla. I will be pissed. I burn though about 2.9 gigs a month and that is with wifi at the crib.

Edit 2:
AT&T ftw
http://m.bgr.com/2012/09/12/att-ipho...lans-confirme/

Sorry Verizon users
http://www.iphonehacks.com/2012/09/v...data-plan.html
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #37
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Yeah there was speculation that the grandfathered data plan was gonna get cut due to LTE conversion but AT&T is letting users keep it. Makes me happy.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #38
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyflip445 View Post
Oh I'm not missing your point but everyone has different needs. You trade some coverage in some areas for your prepaid plan and that may not work for him. Or he may have other reasons. It's still a bill he would have to pay otherwise. If he was going to stay on the same plan and get a new phone when he was allowed and his monthly bill stays the same while getting a new phone then he is pocketing $100 over what his normal monthly costs are.
no you dont.
prepaid networks use the same networks you do.
List of United States mobile virtual network operators - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and what did he pay for his first iphone that he is now selling?
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #39
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

You do. Prepaid phones don't have roaming agreements for the most part so you don't get as good as coverage. Like in my area Sprint doesn't do well at all. Sprint customers for the most part are fine because they have roaming agreements here. But with Boost or Virgin Mobile you get crap for service because they ONLY use Sprint towers.

EDIT: Before someone tries to pull it out from that list. Places like Net10 that list multiple carriers it depends on the phone. One phone can work on At&t and another on a different carrier.

Last edited by kandyflip445; 09-14-2012 at 08:13 PM..
kandyflip445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #40
treken2t87
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
treken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftphunk View Post
Lol I pay $70 a month for my iPhone plan, sharing 550 minutes, unlimited text and data.

Anyways preordered my iPhone 5, selling my iPhone 4 for $300 so paying $30 out of pocket for the new one

Edit: and he is pocketing $100. He is going to pay the same for his phone bill regardless of upgrading or not.
Where can you sell an iPhone 4 for $300? I'd love to know
Old 09-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #41
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
There is a trick around this. If anyone has unlimited now and wants to upgrade without loosing it or paying full retail hit me up. Its legal.
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #42
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
fuck. my girl and i both got the 4S in august and paid $220 each with new contract.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #43
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
lol @ your sig. are you ignorant? they have been announcing the September release for quite a few months now.
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #44
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Quote:
$50 a month for unlimited data and text messaging. I could care less about the minutes because I never talk on the phone. The hospital I work at has a generous discount with AT&T. Basically... this phone costs around $600/yr to operate.

Quote:
and what did he pay for his first iphone that he is now selling?
I paid $250 for my 4s back in February, and getting $350 for it.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #45
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
I hate apple and anyone that is a Iphone fanboy. I never owned a apple product because there is nothing worth paying extra for unless your doing it to showboat. To me Iphone worshippers look like another breed of Prius owners. My samsung galaxy s2 is way better in my opinion than any Iphone out today. It does the same shit if not better and is not over hyped like apple products.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #46
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
I hate apple and anyone that is a Iphone fanboy. I never owned a apple product because there is nothing worth paying extra for unless your doing it to showboat. To me Iphone worshippers look like another breed of Prius owners. My samsung galaxy s2 is way better in my opinion than any Iphone out today. It does the same shit if not better and is not over hyped like apple products.
That view is just as one sided as the people that "worship" the iPhone. The phone isn't a bad phone. A lot of people like it for different reasons. The GS2 was a pretty good phone as well and fits you better. Let's keep this mindless hate out.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #47
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
So, you've never owned a single apple product and your phone is far superior to a iPhone? And you know this how?

Having owned a android and a iPhone I prefer the iPhone not for the fact it's a apple product. It's user interface is just simpler than a android. It's all based on opinions some people prefer android others prefer a iPhone.

I'm guessing since you hate apple your a android fan boy, that argument can go on for days and years on which is better and why. There basically both the same.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #48
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I'll get the iphone, because I can sell my current one for more than it costs to renew my contract.

So essentially, I'm getting an iphone 5 for no money out of pocket.

Free upgrade?

Works for me.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #49
fyneyoungstunna
Zilvia Addict

fyneyoungstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
So r we getting new iPods and pads?
I have galaxy nexus on droid and its cool. Love the camera and the vid recorder. But I bought it mostly so I could game on a bigger screen. Android sucks for games, always computability issues and updates r slowfor games.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #50
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I think my iphone has spent about 5% of its life playing games.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #51
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^ Ditto.

I use mine for a lot. GPS, iPod, Netflix, net browsing (posting this with my phone now) games hardly ever.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #52
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

I play a ton of games on my iPhone haha, especially with recent ports of old RPG Classics, i.e. Final Fantasy and the likes. GPS, iPod, Netflix/Justin.TV, web, camera... etc I use my phone for it all.

lol @ this redline racer dude though, you're just as bad as any fanboy by being an anti-fanboy
Old 09-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #53
DoobieS13
Zilvia Junkie

DoobieS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I plan on getting the iPhone 5, i used to have a Droid Thunderbolt, love/hate relationship. It got destroyed so i ended up going back to a LG Venus (fail i know) and lost my unlimited data off my dad's plan. Now i have an LG Env Touch because i ran over my Venus and now i'm back ona data plan haha fucccccccccc! but since they're doing away with the unlimited data all together for Verizon i guess it's fine. Anyway, (add kicked in) I really want the iPhone 5 because the iPhone 4S ran circles round Androids lol, and i need a longer battery life cause i never know if i'm going to work a 40hr week or 75hr week and I can't live without my phone...
DoobieS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #54
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

^You're going to break a lot of iPhones...lol. GL
Old 09-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #55
DoobieS13
Zilvia Junkie

DoobieS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
i rly hope not lol otterbox ftw
DoobieS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #56
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieS13 View Post
i rly hope not lol otterbox ftw
try lifeproof case
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #57
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
try lifeproof case
The Lifeproof cases for the 4/4S are great. We had one at my store with an iPhone in it that we would throw, hard, at the floor/wall and the phone never broke. One of our guys finally broke the bottom door that covers the charging port because he threw it with the door open. I would definitely recommend those cases to people.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #58
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyflip445 View Post
The Lifeproof cases for the 4/4S are great. We had one at my store with an iPhone in it that we would throw, hard, at the floor/wall and the phone never broke. One of our guys finally broke the bottom door that covers the charging port because he threw it with the door open. I would definitely recommend those cases to people.
LifeProof will replace it if the door broke.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:35 AM   #59
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeLove View Post
lol @ your sig. are you ignorant? they have been announcing the September release for quite a few months now.

i knew about the September release but we needed phones and im sure the first few runs of the 5 will have some kinks. im just embarrassed about forgetting about the inevitable 4s price drop lol
Old 09-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #60
Future240
Future Moderator

I can't upgrade again to 8/20/13. Sigh I guess 5S then.

I always get stuck with the S phones.
3GS
4S
Eventually 5S unless the 4S can hold out until Iphone 6 comes out in 2014......