Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #571
SmokeCircle
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
SmokeCircle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wow, I'm very interested in the chassis harness now. Im sure I'll have a decision made when my engine harness arrives, and i get to checkout the product.
SmokeCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #572
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I would like to know what CB's chassis harness will consist of. Essentials like lights, blinkers, horn, ac/heater, radio with options for power windows? Race only harness? This will be very interesting.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:03 AM   #573
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
I need some time to clean up my car's wiring more. I actually like wiring but it sure does take alot of time to get it perfect.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #574
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Chase Bays, what is the length of your 240SX clutch line?
Chase Bays Clutch Line - Nissan 240sx - Nissan 240sx - ChaseBays.com

I am currently using a standard 52" line, but I am running it through the hood release cable hole and behind the firewall. It has a couple bad kinks though due to it barely reaching, so it would be nice to have a slightly longer line.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #575
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Chase Bays is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Chase Bays, what is the length of your 240SX clutch line?
Chase Bays Clutch Line - Nissan 240sx - Nissan 240sx - ChaseBays.com

I am currently using a standard 52" line, but I am running it through the hood release cable hole and behind the firewall. It has a couple bad kinks though due to it barely reaching, so it would be nice to have a slightly longer line.
Ours is 48" and it fits perfect, but it wouldn't route how yours does. We can make you a custom line...call us!

IMPROVING PERFORMANCE AND AESTHETICS WHILE SAVING WEIGHT AND SPACE

www.ChaseBays.com | [email protected] | (205)623-2188
Chase Bays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #576
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
I would like to know what CB's chassis harness will consist of. Essentials like lights, blinkers, horn, ac/heater, radio with options for power windows? Race only harness? This will be very interesting.
To eliminate mass confusion we'll be making 3 different models. 1 with bare essentials, 1 with headlights and taillights...and everything to make it "street legal", and 1 with radio, power windows, etc. Standard, Pro, & Premium.

If we do offer them with a heater it would only be with compact hot rod heaters. Thats something everyone should look into anyways. =)

Old 11-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #577
fearlessKouki
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
fearlessKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Bays View Post
To eliminate mass confusion we'll be making 3 different models. 1 with bare essentials, 1 with headlights and taillights...and everything to make it "street legal", and 1 with radio, power windows, etc. Standard, Pro, & Premium.

If we do offer them with a heater it would only be with compact hot rod heaters. Thats something everyone should look into anyways. =)
Any price range for these harness. Im definately interested in the "Street legal" harness version.
Thanks

Jay
fearlessKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #578
Mirage
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Mirage is making a name for him/her selfMirage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mirage
Anyone ever look into using a Bussmann RTMR or even better a VEC (layout would have to be designed first) with their harnesses yet?

I've got an RTMR with 10 bussed fused circuits and 3 mini relays, I can't stand loose relays (can also be setup with 5 micros instead) in my Xterra for my aux circuits. All in one place, in a fairly compact package. If I ever get around to redoing the 240 I might use one or two if I don't find something I like better.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #579
caglej
Zilvia Member

caglej is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlessKouki View Post
Any price range for these harness. Im definately interested in the "Street legal" harness version.
Thanks

Jay
what he said^^^
caglej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #580
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
Anyone ever look into using a Bussmann RTMR or even better a VEC (layout would have to be designed first) with their harnesses yet?

I've got an RTMR with 10 bussed fused circuits and 3 mini relays, I can't stand loose relays (can also be setup with 5 micros instead) in my Xterra for my aux circuits. All in one place, in a fairly compact package. If I ever get around to redoing the 240 I might use one or two if I don't find something I like better.
The RTMR's have been used in a few people's kits for other applications, they lend themselves very well to mass production. The relays aren't the greatest (lots of things pull more than 25A, and I haven't seen a fully potted mini relay that'll do 40A or 50A). Fuses are OK, but most of my guys prefer circuit breakers. The prices are pretty nice though.

Regarding loose relays, I had a huge problem with them as well, since whenever you want to change one (or test one) you have to pull the harness out, pop the rivet or bolt off, etc. I have custom blocks that snap in to each other and then mount to the bulkhead/panel, and use fully potted relays that sit nicely in the blocks (no hanger tab). Much cleaner.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #581
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

We're making one 20 times better than both of those. Thats the last piece to our pictured chassis harness I mentioned. So the fuses and relays you see won't be our production piece those were just for our testing purposes.

The Chase Bays Power Distribution box will be included in our chassis harness kits. We will also sell them individually. It will be offered in a 4, 8, and 12 way version, and it will be very very compact. Smaller than any of the other power distribution kits you've seen. We've designed our own relay and fuse connectors for the circuit board to make sure they were as small as they could possible be. It will be in an aluminum anodized enclosure and have 1 single Input/Output connector on the side. The top will have 1/2 turn quick release screws similar to what you've probably seen on race chassis to hold on body panels. But in this case to change fuses or relays if you blow one. We'll have some visuals in a couple weeks.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:59 PM   #582
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlessKouki View Post
Thanks

Jay
Quote:
Originally Posted by caglej View Post
what he said^^^
We'll have that info shortly. Its no budget pricing, but its also not a budget product.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #583
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I am very interested.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #584
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I will be as well if you have a option to keep the automatic pop ups.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #585
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
I will be as well if you have a option to keep the automatic pop ups.
Good call.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #586
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Of course, love pop ups.

I'll continue to post pictures and info on the Chase Bays Chassis Harnesses as we near its completion and release.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #587
jdmae86
Zilvia Member

jdmae86 will become famous soon enoughjdmae86 will become famous soon enoughjdmae86 will become famous soon enoughjdmae86 will become famous soon enoughjdmae86 will become famous soon enough
My SR20 AE86
jdmae86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #588
jorge1190
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
jorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
So I have to choose whether to relocate my fusebox or not for my tubs in a few weeks. Has anyone put the full fusebox where the airbag used to be? Could I get a picture if someone has.
jorge1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:01 PM   #589
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge1190 View Post
So I have to choose whether to relocate my fusebox or not for my tubs in a few weeks. Has anyone put the full fusebox where the airbag used to be? Could I get a picture if someone has.
Yeah, lots of us have, with varying degrees of success. First couple pages should have some pics for you, or check Om1kron's thread.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 12-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #590
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Definitely excited to see what Chase Bays has up their sleeves.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:24 AM   #591
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Yeah, lots of us have, with varying degrees of success. First couple pages should have some pics for you, or check Om1kron's thread.
If I could do it over and had a better budget to play with I probably would've gotten a better fuse panel to use.

And if I had a better understanding of electrical engineering I definitely wouldn't of tried to mimic the oem layout and have things running on seperate channels of power instead of the daisy chain way they are by oem standards.

I would like to separate them in the future so that way general power/ acc / and on are on their own channel of power. accessories (windows/wipers/radio/headlights) are on their own and engine power are all apart.

That way if I have some problem with something like my fan wiring getting hot it doesn't fuck up power to the headlights or my reverse lights.

Believe it or not this old wiring goes bad, especially with us tinkering with shit. I think anyone trying to fuck with electrical stuff for looks should do their research and have a GREAT understanding on how it works before trying to partake in some bullshit relocation for looks.

If I could afford the downtime it's the first thing I would rip out of my car and have done the right way instead of having some fantasy in my head that I'll one day own all of the final electronic modifications and can make that move so I can forget about it.

If you reference my fusebox relocation thread or the s13 one on zilvia make sure you leave it at that.

Reference, they're not a how to.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #592
MeanS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
MeanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Heres some pics of a wire tuck I did on a 14. Fusebox was relocated to passenger airbag location for easy access underneither the panel

MeanS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #593
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

If you're going through the effort of running new wire, why run it over the wheel arches at all? Never understood that.

We run all of our tucked chassis harnesses up along the frame rail on the cold side. Keeps the harness safe when people start hitting their cars on things.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:33 PM   #594
MeanS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
MeanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
If you're going through the effort of running new wire, why run it over the wheel arches at all? Never understood that.

We run all of our tucked chassis harnesses up along the frame rail on the cold side. Keeps the harness safe when people start hitting their cars on things.

Do you have any pics of how you run your harnesses? Are you saying you run it along the lower frame rail inside the engine bay?

Also the car I posted the pics for is purely a street car so it wont be crashing into any walls or other cars
MeanS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #595
Matej
Post Whore!

Is it possible to stuff both the S13 underhood fuseboxes into the glovebox? I would check myself, but I do not have a glovebox at the moment.
I had the OEM harness elaborately tucked along the outside of the engine bay, but then I decided it would be very annoying if I ever need to check fuses and such.

I would like to fit the entire OEM harness under the dash without having to mod it, and preferably put the fuseboxes into the glovebox. Since I have a couple of old harnesses, I am thinking about just using the connectors from them to make plug-in extensions to go to the headlights, headlight motors, turn signals & running lights, and horns. Is there anything else under the hood I am forgetting?

I still need to see if it will be doable to loop the engine harness back into the cabin for where it plugs into the fusebox.
If anyone else has pictures of where they put the the fuseboxes in the cabin, that would be wonderful.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #596
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Old 12-13-2011, 11:35 PM   #597
killer skittle
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
killer skittle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What's the part number of the wilwood clutch mc your using? Do you sell it?
killer skittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:33 AM   #598
c_mancuyas8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
c_mancuyas8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Oh how I love this thread!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:07 AM   #599
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Read below
Old 12-14-2011, 03:19 AM   #600
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
So I'm now trying to wire up my car from scratch. I made some wiring diagrams I'm not done with them yet, ( I know I need to put my starter relay) Just want to know if I'm on the right track. What I want is all relays be activated by a switch, and power up what ever I need to work ( fuel pump/ fan) and so on... And when no longer needed just flick the switch to off.
Option 1
Option 2 ( I've figured out how to add. An indicator light) will post pic tomorrow

Any suggestions or thoughts would be help ful , I'm I good or not with this layout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323857807.533712.jpg (86.1 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323857846.753675.jpg (102.0 KB, 93 views)