Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-31-2008, 11:57 AM   #571
backroadtouge
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
backroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my new 215/40 feddy on 18x9.5

お金も腕も、何も無い・
backroadtouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2008, 05:11 PM   #572
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
what are the pros and cons of stretching?
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:13 PM   #573
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
what are the pros and cons of searching?

wait there are no cons
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:33 PM   #574
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey213 View Post
Pros:
It looks cool.

Cons:
Outsiders just don't understand.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:45 PM   #575
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFoxx View Post
when the wheel sticks out that far from the tire........IT LOOKS RETARDED
Nobody asked you. GTFO.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #576
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
205/45/17 on a 9

Old 06-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #577
Eyemfaster
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Eyemfaster has a spectacular aura aboutEyemfaster has a spectacular aura aboutEyemfaster has a spectacular aura aboutEyemfaster has a spectacular aura aboutEyemfaster has a spectacular aura aboutEyemfaster has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Eyemfaster
265's on a 18x13

Eyemfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #578
importantone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
importantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to importantone
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
my friend's previous car...

225/50R15 on 15x10 -38

crazy yankee style
Old 06-02-2008, 07:32 PM   #579
soulessphoto
Zilvia Member

soulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
that would be perfect. my friend is running a 215/40 on a 17x9.5 and no problems. its not crazy, but its mean/aggressive. 215/45 would be safe and you'll like it.
Thanks! +Ref for joo.
soulessphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:00 PM   #580
inertiaticism
Zilvia Junkie

inertiaticism has a reputation beyond reputeinertiaticism has a reputation beyond reputeinertiaticism has a reputation beyond reputeinertiaticism has a reputation beyond reputeinertiaticism has a reputation beyond reputeinertiaticism has a reputation beyond reputeinertiaticism has a reputation beyond reputeinertiaticism has a reputation beyond reputeinertiaticism has a reputation beyond reputeinertiaticism has a reputation beyond reputeinertiaticism has a reputation beyond repute
Refutation?

BONERS BONERS BONERS BONERS
Old 06-05-2008, 09:18 PM   #581
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE

Last edited by WISH ONE; 06-05-2008 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: 19x10
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #582
jdFKNmVRT
Zilvia Member

jdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to jdFKNmVRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyvia13 View Post
hahahha SICK!
what is wheel size? 12? thats mean bro!
thats a 18x13
Old 06-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #583
jdFKNmVRT
Zilvia Member

jdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to jdFKNmVRT
HELP!!!

i looked at every page and some tires looked super stretched and some looked moderate and they were the same tire sizes and rim widths...

i guess a lot matters on what brand of tire your running.

has anyone messed with toyo t1rs???

i was planning on changing my set-up so i can lower my car more.

current: (f)275/35 on 18x10.5 (r)295/35 on 18x13

plans: (f)225/40 or 235/40 (r)275/35

Old 06-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #584
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Im pretty sure this isn't the thread to ask, but I dont want to start a thread just for this answer.

Today I had a 225/40/18 put on a 18x9j wheel. Not the craziest compared to some of the shit in this thread.

But when I put the wheel on the car it was straight as far as I know, pulled car out of the drive way; when taking a right I gunned it a little so that I could see what it slided like. 10 secs later Im hearing flatish tire sound from my left.

Tire is flatish. Now is it possible the tire was put on wrong or that it wasnt aired up all the way? (had the wheels balanced) [These were used tires, but from a reputable friend]

Thank you in advance for edumakating mEz.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #585
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
bead shouldnt have popped, you hit a pot hole wierd or something?
Old 06-09-2008, 07:38 PM   #586
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Nope. I mean theres a pot hole filled with dirt, but its nothing hard core. Basically like driving onto your drive way [1/2inch difference from street to driveway]
Old 06-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #587
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
wheel weights sometimes lift the bead of the tire just enough to cause a small leak, you chek for leaks? soapy water works, who mounted the tires? any nails, screws, glass ,razor blades, keys screwdrivers, soda cans, thorns?
Old 06-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #588
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Peerless tires [manager was like "we can try..." when refering to fitting the tires on the wheels] I watched them though seemed straight.

Aired up tires noticed a tiny bit of air was hissing out of the valve stem tip. Stem cap silenced the hiss although. [possibly just masking the sound].

Bad Valve Stem possibly caused air leak?
Old 06-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #589
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
yea, that can make it leak quick
Old 06-09-2008, 11:01 PM   #590
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
Tire is flatish. Now is it possible the tire was put on wrong or that it wasnt aired up all the way? (had the wheels balanced) [These were used tires, but from a reputable friend]
Lawlz James, you had wheels with stretched tires balanced?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:45 AM   #591
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

If it counts they didnt ask. But they didnt charge either once I brought that up.

Wish they woulda asked if I wanted to replace the valve stems. [Even though I would have said no ]
Old 06-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #592
Rabbi010
Zilvia Member

Rabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey213 View Post
I would like to know, too. A lot of people are saying that there are no cons. Are there really no cons? Driving on the track you wouldn't feel a difference?
Rabbi010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #593
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Lawlz James, you had wheels with stretched tires balanced?
i balanced mine.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:22 AM   #594
cheanyoung

cheanyoung is an unknown quantity at this point
nice. need to stretch mines out some more.
cheanyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:39 AM   #595
lucmb94

lucmb94 is an unknown quantity at this point
bumping this up for a quick question:

i have a pair of 16x13s that i am stretching 245/45s on, they got the tires mounted, but when a little air leaks out of them (even after using the sealer stuff around the edge) the tire will become unbeaded. after i told a friend of mine about this problem he mentioned someone has used 195s on a 10 inch wheel with tubes to keep it on the beads. how can i do that? and where do i get these types of tubes? i have never heard of this until recently so any information should help!

Last edited by lucmb94; 07-01-2008 at 12:40 AM.. Reason: typo
lucmb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #596
type59

type59 is on the path to ruintype59 is on the path to ruin
i have a quick question i was hoping you guys could answer.

i want to run 245/35 and 275/30 size tires and that is what most people run. but my question is why do they do that when the 235/35 is a closer match to the 275/30?

thanks
type59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #597
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Comparison, I thought my front stretch wasnt that bad, but compared to the rears:

Battle Idol Works 2015
SlideAlliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:54 AM   #598
Hammond

Hammond will become famous soon enoughHammond will become famous soon enoughHammond will become famous soon enoughHammond will become famous soon enoughHammond will become famous soon enough
haha - mentaaaal! +1 bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt_s13 View Post
If sparks dont fly, your rides too high.
Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:16 AM   #599
wisDOMination
Leaky Injector

wisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideAlliance View Post
Comparison, I thought my front stretch wasnt that bad, but compared to the rears:
tire sizes and rim sizes please
thank you
wisDOMination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:20 AM   #600
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
225/35/18 and 255/35/18

Open your eyes and maybe you could see them on those stickers on the tires?
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote