Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #571
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenkiS14 View Post
Actually, he's not the only one. As a shooting enthusiast as well, talking to someone who calls an ar15 magazine a clip makes them sound stupid, and elementary to firearms. It's not that big of a deal, because they are probably new to it, and you have to learn sometime. But show a bit of respect to someone who is trying to teach you something. Consider yourself more enlightened and educated now.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #572
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Couple of teaser pics from my latest build, I'll post up next week when everything else comes in:
Help me out here, whats this?
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #573
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
That is a conversion block for the lower reciever that allows my AR to accept 9mm magazines and therefore shoot 9mm ammo. It's a 7" 9mm AR it's what I built because I couldn't afford an MP5
Old 12-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #574
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Just finished cleaning (cosmoline) my Mosin Nagant.
Shot 100 rounds through it on Saturday with no Problems.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #575
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
That is a conversion block for the lower reciever that allows my AR to accept 9mm magazines and therefore shoot 9mm ammo. It's a 7" 9mm AR it's what I built because I couldn't afford an MP5
You can always build one of them too...
Old 12-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #576
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
You can always build one of them too...
Have you looks into it? Evn building one, its 3.5k+. even more expensive to convert a USC into a legal UMP. Which was my other option. I wasn't going to buy some Chinese knockoff crap either, so I ended up with a nicer gun for a fraction of the price.

I'm not mad at all, the gun I build is premium quality, all billet machined everything, and now I can have a convertible lower that is registered as an SBR allowing me to essentially have as many uppers as I want, so I can have a 300 blackout upper with a 9" barrel, a .223 upper with an 11.5" barrel and so on. I'll get pics up soon, but its an awesome little gun. And cost me about 1/4 what an mp5 would have.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #577
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Have you looks into it? Evn building one, its 3.5k+. even more expensive to convert a USC into a legal UMP. Which was my other option. I wasn't going to buy some Chinese knockoff crap either, so I ended up with a nicer gun for a fraction of the price.

I'm not mad at all, the gun I build is premium quality, all billet machined everything, and now I can have a convertible lower that is registered as an SBR allowing me to essentially have as many uppers as I want, so I can have a 300 blackout upper with a 9" barrel, a .223 upper with an 11.5" barrel and so on. I'll get pics up soon, but its an awesome little gun. And cost me about 1/4 what an mp5 would have.
Sorry bro. AR platform sucks ass. (Personal Opinion)

However, I think for what you spent you could have had one of these bad-boys SBR.

Vector Arms V94 9mm MP5 Style Pistol Full Size

Vector has always done a bang up job on their Uzi's and never herd any complaints on their HK rifles. These are built off OEM parts kits. .233 costs half as much.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #578
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Picking one of these up next week.

theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #579
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan View Post
Picking one of these up next week.

Why does the picture, show a mag in the mag well, but also 2 clips on the side?
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #580
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
Why does the picture, show a mag in the mag well, but also 2 clips on the side?
California thing? Welded mag? Or just to look cool for the add.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #581
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Looks like a stripper clip. Some surplus ammo comes that way when you buy it in bulk. Basically you push hard on the top round and they all load into the mag and the back thing (the "clip") just falls away.

kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #582
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Sorry bro. AR platform sucks ass. (Personal Opinion)

However, I think for what you spent you could have had one of these bad-boys SBR.

Vector Arms V94 9mm MP5 Style Pistol Full Size

Vector has always done a bang up job on their Uzi's and never herd any complaints on their HK rifles. These are built off OEM parts kits. .233 costs half as much.
That would be cool, still not authentic H&K, but still again, TWICE the amount I paid to build mine. +200 for stamp, +200 for proper sliding stock, +80 dollar mags...before th crazy price jump last week, it'd end up being 2.5x what I have into mine, and not even on par with quality, and it will do the exact same thing.

Trust me, it's a cool gun, and I'd love to have an mp5 someday, but I really like my new ar build. You can hate it all you want, but that's why I built it, not you.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #583
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
Looks like a stripper clip. Some surplus ammo comes that way when you buy it in bulk. Basically you push hard on the top round and they all load into the mag and the back thing (the "clip") just falls away.

Won't work with AK mags - the ammo you are talking about is the Yugo brass stuff. Great ammunition, sold out I believe.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #584
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
That would be cool, still not authentic H&K
Yours is not even an authentic Colt
Old 12-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #585
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Your right, my gun sucks lol

Alright, here's my latest build, totally naked. no accessories. will add them in coming weeks. weaponlight, angled foregrip, and sights.

A 7" 9mm AR15 pistol, for now, Form1 goes out in January for SBR. Will be much nicer with a stock.

Black Rain Ordnance Billet machined upper and lower reciever
Spikes BAR 7" hand guard
ADCO Machine 7" barrel
Spikes pistol buffer tube
Colt 5.6 9mm buffer
DPMS lower parts kit
KNS anti-rotation pins
Magpul MOE grip
BCM Gunfighter Mod4 medium charging handle
Noveske KX-3
Crossfire Magwell 9mm adaptor block
CMMG 9mm ramped bolt cg
Metalform 20rd magazines

Old 12-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #586
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Your right, my gun sucks lol
No, I just hate the attitude of "OMFG its not a HK/Colt/Saiga it must suck".b
Old 12-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #587
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
That would be cool, still not authentic H&K, but still again, TWICE the amount I paid to build mine. +200 for stamp, +200 for proper sliding stock, +80 dollar mags...before th crazy price jump last week, it'd end up being 2.5x what I have into mine, and not even on par with quality, and it will do the exact same thing.

Trust me, it's a cool gun, and I'd love to have an mp5 someday, but I really like my new ar build. You can hate it all you want, but that's why I built it, not you.
The CEMTE platform in general is pretty funky. Very cool, but still funky. All of the replica ones have the problem with the shrinking bolt gap or whatever too, so you never know you have a good example until its too late.

Quote:
Won't work with AK mags - the ammo you are talking about is the Yugo brass stuff. Great ammunition, sold out I believe.
Ah, didn't realize it won't work with AK mags, never loaded one. My expeience was 5.56 ammo/AR mags.

Quote:
Yours is not even an authentic Colt
I would never buy a colt. Overpriced mediocrity IMO.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #588
Eazy_tom
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Eazy_tom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
The CEMTE platform in general is pretty funky. Very cool, but still funky. All of the replica ones have the problem with the shrinking bolt gap or whatever too, so you never know you have a good example until its too late.

Ah, didn't realize it won't work with AK mags, never loaded one. My expeience was 5.56 ammo/AR mags.

Colt 6920 overpriced?
Whats the better option for under $1000?
Eazy_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #589
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I could careless about the Colt name, just many in the AR world feel if its not Colt, then it's made from inferior mom & pop shop garbage. Just like how many in the AK world are now belly aching about having to use domestic barrels, as if domestic suppliers some how can't compete with third world countries in barrel manufacturing.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #590
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:

CETME based/spec stuff is always crap. HK-91(1) based is the way to go. PTR91, SAR-3/8.

My original point is you can buy the stampings an build you own for a lot less. Just like an AR.
http://www.robertrtg.com/mp5.html
www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-MP5-Parts-c5.htm
Old 12-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #591
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
CETME based/spec stuff is always crap. HK-91(1) based is the way to go. PTR91, SAR-3/8.

My original point is you can buy the stampings an build you own for a lot less. Just like an AR.
MP5K Receiver Flat, SP89 Receiver Flat, RTG Gun Parts
MP5K, MP5 PDW, SP89
Is it the CETME (Spanish) that is bad, or the fact that they are imported and assembled by Century who fucks up everything they touch?
Old 12-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #592
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Is it the CETME (Spanish) that is bad, or the fact that they are imported and assembled by Century who fucks up everything they touch?
I would have to do more research on it. But, I have always been told to stay away from it and stick with H&K or US made parts. US parts mainly for compliance.
A lot of parts listings say "Not for CETME"
Old 12-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #593
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Assault Weapons - Issues - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

What The Fuck, are they trying to make my Glock 23 illegal?

Quote:
Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and

Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #594
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
Assault Weapons - Issues - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

What The Fuck, are they trying to make my Glock 23 illegal?
Feinstein is a fucking moron.

Quote:
Summary of 2013 legislation

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
120 specifically-named firearms;

Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:

Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;

Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.

Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:

Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;

Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

Background check of owner and any transferee;
Type and serial number of the firearm;
Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;

Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #595
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Never gonna happen as written.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #596
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Never gonna happen as written.
I continue to think that it's simply fucking exasperating that the Left can only see "hunting" or "murder" as the only legitimate reason for someone to own a firearm.

Last edited by Corbic; 12-28-2012 at 01:20 AM..
Old 12-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #597
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Yea, I don't doubt that some form of a ban on something may happen. But it won't be as over the top or ridiculous as it is has been written so far.

He'll, who knows it'll probably just blow over in a few months
Old 12-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #598
S14DB
AFC #1

Willing to bet she won't make it back to DC before the 31st.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #599
georgeasorous
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
georgeasorous is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Ar15 with a Ferfrans upper just finished today!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356677501.699128.jpg
Old 12-28-2012, 01:04 AM   #600
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
I continue to think that it's simply fucking asavgsperating that the Left can only see "hunting" or "murder" as the only legitimate reason for someone to own a firearm.
Please call them anti-gunners. Myself and plenty of other progressive democrats respect and support 2A.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote