Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:38 AM   #6121
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
damn... might have miata on the mind again.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2014, 02:05 AM   #6122
l adam l
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
l adam l is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
they should put the speed3 engine in this. it'd sell like hotcakes.
l adam l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:33 AM   #6123
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
meh not really feeling that miata rendering.

looks like a 2 series, genesis, lexus, ft86
Old 08-14-2014, 07:14 AM   #6124
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Looks so classy !!! I love it aswell .
Old 08-14-2014, 07:44 AM   #6125
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
http://wot.motortrend.com/1408_we_he...targa_top.html
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #6126
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
DAMN, $50-60k range? No thanks...Used GTR for that price for me.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #6127
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Hope it's not posted yet. I don't know if it's the color but this one looks a lot better than the previous red one. FT-1 content: http://news.epicinter.net/breaking-n...pra-successor/
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #6128
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrow27 View Post
Agreed!

Although I'd prob go used Porsche, or hell just save some more for the new Supra if it does indeed come out.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:31 AM   #6129
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
No look above for the small dope ass coupe. It's just sick.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:40 PM   #6130
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
That Miata concept is smoking hot. I want a turbo engine for it, but I don't know if it needs to be the MS3's engine. I feel like the car would bloat alot if they used that. Isn't it a 2.3t? I'd rather the car go back to its feather weight roots, maybe sub 2500lbs with a modern skyactive 1.8t.

Quote:
I'd think that price was fine as long as the new could hang with the c7 Vette. That's where it needs to be priced if Nissan were still interested in making a case for the IDX.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #6131
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I'd think that price was fine as long as the new could hang with the c7 Vette. That's where it needs to be priced if Nissan were still interested in making a case for the IDX.
$25k for the IDx and $45k for the Z would be perfect given that was the pricing difference in the 90s between the Silvia, Z and GTR... and it will finally PROPERLY place the Z in the segment it was originally placed in Japan. The Silvia was the affordable sports car, the Z was the luxury sports car and the GTR was always the big bad ultimate sports car. nissan of americas sports car balance has always been unbalanced due to the lack of the GTR thru the ages, now that it finally exists here... nissan needs to bring proper balance back again! IDX is the entry level sports car, the Z goes back to its "luxury" segment and the GTR reigns as king as usual.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:31 PM   #6132
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^^^Wasn't the Z technically sold as an affordable sports car to begin with and then just got bumped up?

As for the $50-60k price tag of the new Z. If it can't beat the Mustang GT, then Nissan shouldn't even bother. The 2015 Mustang GT is rated at over 430+ hp/400 lb/tq and even though it weighs between 37-3800 lbs, that will be hard to beat if Nissan is bring a 330 hp V6 @ 32-3400 lb Z. Meaning by the time the new Z comes out, the Mustang GT is probably pumping nearly or over 500 hp.

I personally think it's about time Nissan bring out a 400+ hp Z to our shores. With Honda bringing back the S2000 aiming at 300-350 hp and Hyundai now offering a V8 Gen Coupe also, Nissan is going to have a tough time selling the Z with the current horsepower war.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:01 PM   #6133
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
The 2015 Mustang GT is rated at over 430+ hp/400 lb/tq and even though it weighs between 37-3800 lbs, that will be hard to beat if Nissan is bring a 330 hp V6 @ 32-3400 lb Z.
The article mentioned a 3.0t with direct injection being the possible range topping engine, which some of us have speculated for quite some time. It probably won't be a Mercedes unit. More likely a de-stroked version of the VR38DETT down to 3 liters with a single turbo. Should easily make 430hp+. About the same power the BMW M4 is putting down with it's 3.0TT.

I think the Z35 will get this 3.0t as the range topper and it will compete with the Vette while costing a bit less. I think the VQ is likely getting put out to pasture. Shits been in production since 1995. But we'll likely see some economy versions with hybrid turbo 4 bangers. And I am TOTALLY down for some 2+2's and T-Tops.

Many of us speculated that Nissan would do this, specifically to make room for the IDX to exist.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #6134
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's what I've thought makes the most sense.

And something tells me that Miata pic isn't the real deal. Almost ALWAYS when the official pic leaks out the manufacturer just comes out with pics. In the auto industry at least. I know Mazda has a date set but there's not much that would hold them back from debuting it right away.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:13 AM   #6135
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Yeah, it's just an artist's rendering, not the official release. I wouldn't be mad if it came out looking like that though. It's gorgeous. I think it has hints of the convertibile Jaguar F-type.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #6136
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
how bad is the Blade Glider concept....yuck.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #6137
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
The chop is pretty much the Mazda 6 front end on a miata body.

With where Mazda is going with their design language I can see final product being fairly similar. It's the only car left that doesn't have the corporate grill.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:53 PM   #6138
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
so i did a little photoshop of a 240SX sucessor, Nissan 250S!

still needs some refinement, but it's late...
whatcha think?
Old 08-18-2014, 12:21 AM   #6139
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
^^^ awesome job! looks great! my only suggestion (because i am that anal in photoshop), fix the shadow under the car to tie in your wheel edits.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:53 AM   #6140
DreamN
Post Whore!

DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Needs notch back... that roof line doesn't go with the body styling of the IDX at all.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 08-18-2014, 12:55 AM   #6141
DreamN
Post Whore!

This looks so good...

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 08-18-2014, 06:28 AM   #6142
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
This looks so good...

Wow... just wow...

Sexy back,,
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #6143
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This again? Come on I thought there was something new.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #6144
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
That render is everything right in the world. Nissan better be looking at this.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:00 PM   #6145
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
That render is everything right in the world. Nissan better be looking at this.
nissan already knows about it that rendering was a huge deal to certain people there...

Old 08-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #6146
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Okay, so I know the 2015 Z06 is well out of the budget for most people on this forum but with the starting price at $78,995 it's a damn good bargain. Might even say it's better than the R35 GT-R :O

More info: http://blog.caranddriver.com/how-muc...arts-at-78995/
Old 08-22-2014, 10:21 AM   #6147
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Okay, so I know the 2015 Z06 is well out of the budget for most people on this forum but with the starting price at $78,995 it's a damn good bargain. Might even say it's better than the R35 GT-R :O

More info: http://blog.caranddriver.com/how-muc...arts-at-78995/
Personally, I'd take the Vette over the GTR any day of the week just because of the H pattern shifter. But is it just me or did that article not mention the new Z06's HP & TQ numbers?
Old 08-22-2014, 10:34 AM   #6148
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Personally, I'd take the Vette over the GTR any day of the week just because of the H pattern shifter. But is it just me or did that article not mention the new Z06's HP & TQ numbers?

650/650

http://m.motortrend.com/wot/1406_201...of_torque.html

If GM offered AWD the GTR would be come GT-Who overnight. $120k is nuts.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:35 AM   #6149
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
im surprised no one in here has been talking about the hellcat yet. seems like a lot of you really care about horsepower/dollar ratios. well here you go

707 hp for under 60k

Old 08-22-2014, 10:48 AM   #6150
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Wow. That's insightful. Didn't realize it was that cheap. Gonna send this image to a friend of mine who was considering buying one... But All I've heard about the Hellcat is it's HP/TQ & straightline performance. How's the overall package?