Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:50 AM   #601
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
WTF? How'd it blow? Blown like rods decided to give you new drain holes?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #602
240sxTyler
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
240sxTyler is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
WTF? How'd it blow? Blown like rods decided to give you new drain holes?
Overheated for no reason on the highway on the way there, I wasn't even pounding it just cruising 5th gear and noticed the temp going up. Pulled over and cut it off just before I hit the H, smoke going everywhere and overflow spitting out every last bit of coolant I had. Had my fried run to autozone and grab coolant, filled up the radiator and started up fine at normal temperatures. Pulled off and had no power and a terrible rod knock, by the time I mad it to another exit the car cut off and won't start back up.

I knew I shouldn't have trusted this motor when it came with a blown gt28rs
Old 04-26-2014, 04:19 PM   #603
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxTyler View Post
Overheated for no reason on the highway on the way there, I wasn't even pounding it just cruising 5th gear and noticed the temp going up. Pulled over and cut it off just before I hit the H, smoke going everywhere and overflow spitting out every last bit of coolant I had. Had my fried run to autozone and grab coolant, filled up the radiator and started up fine at normal temperatures. Pulled off and had no power and a terrible rod knock, by the time I mad it to another exit the car cut off and won't start back up.

I knew I shouldn't have trusted this motor when it came with a blown gt28rs
How much are you looking to spend?

http://www.vadriven.com/forums/engin...oodies-479002/
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:49 PM   #604
240sxTyler
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
I'd get it if I wanted to have the funds for it. I got a loan to help me get back on my feet. I should have gotten that one to begin with.

If any of you are familiar with 1320 tuning in Newport News, don't go there, just don't.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #605
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I'd get it if I wanted to have the funds for it. I got a loan to help me get back on my feet. I should have gotten that one to begin with.

If any of you are familiar with 1320 tuning in Newport News, don't go there, just don't.
Oh, fuck 1320. Never been there, never will, because every story I hear is a horror story. I tell all my friends to avoid it like the plague. The way that guy selling the SR20 feels about Rameybuilt is how much I hate 1320.

The show was pretty good though. Pulled my Z in next to a pretty cool guy with a gorgeous S13. Didn't get to chat as long as I wanted but I got to stare at his car plenty. Dude said he was drag racing it and running 11's.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #606
240sxTyler
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Oh, fuck 1320. Never been there, never will, because every story I hear is a horror story. I tell all my friends to avoid it like the plague. The way that guy selling the SR20 feels about Rameybuilt is how much I hate 1320.
I didn't start hearing the horror stories until after I had already dropped my car off there.

Also,
Old 04-26-2014, 08:03 PM   #607
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Meh, went to their open house almost a while back, wasnt too impressed. Then again, I havent found a shop to really impressed me out here. Even Ramey has been shitty after the whole ordeal with Chris' S13, while he was deployed.

If I was home, I'd help you swap in an SR. Shouldnt take more than a day...I've gotten swap outs down in 4 hrs.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #608
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I didn't start hearing the horror stories until after I had already dropped my car off there.

Also,
Oh haiiii! I got to meet smokescreen yesterday. The show was pretty good IMO. That orange Datsun Z was gorgeous.

For shops, I've heard terrible things about 1320. Also about Rameybuilt, mainly Shawn and how he treats his customers and has a history of not standing behind his work, although I will acknowledge that there are some good people working for him.

I recommend All Aspects for most installation/troubleshooting/tuning. For body work, either stock or modified or this guy Rick, who painted the silver Porsche that was at the conversion center entrance yesterday. Fab work, I would probably hit either MRD or I hear there's a really good dude at some muffler shop in Newport News. Maybe even Ramey because their fab guy is exceptional and they can't really fuck it up like if they tune your car wrong and then leave you with a blown motor and absolve themselves of all responsibility.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #609
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

I was thinking of giving All Aspect a shot when I get back. Just not sure if they mess around with PFCs. I was starting to pick up some knock on my PFC when I left and I'm thinking I'm starting to get more blow by. I need to do a compression check when I get back for peace of mind.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-27-2014, 03:48 PM   #610
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I was thinking of giving All Aspect a shot when I get back. Just not sure if they mess around with PFCs. I was starting to pick up some knock on my PFC when I left and I'm thinking I'm starting to get more blow by. I need to do a compression check when I get back for peace of mind.
I've never had that done so I can't tell you if they do that or not, but I can tell you that the work they do, they do well.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #611
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
if anything id go to millennium (MRD) in portsmouth. They have had a part in all of my s13's, S15, JZS147, and now my R33. The owner is a long long time family friend and does good work.
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:19 PM   #612
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

My impression of Millenium has been hit or miss. You, Mike and a few other people recommend them but then, I've also seen some shenaniguns that came out of that shop. I remember seen an R33 where they broke the exhaust manifold stud and they tack welded the nut on the manifold to make it look like its still on.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #613
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Yeah I've heard some shitty rumors about MRD but I have a buddy who used to work there. He has a lot of connections as a former employee so I trust anything they would do with my car because of that. I do most of my own work other than body work, alignments and heavy fabrication though so I normally don't have a need for places like that anyway. I may have them fab a roll bar or cage one day though.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:44 PM   #614
240sxTyler
Leaky Injector

Here's a quick video I threw together of SF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE9AS8wCjyQ

shots are amateur but whatevs
Old 04-28-2014, 05:56 AM   #615
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Damn...I want an RB25'd Cefiro. Also, did you guys use the whole convention center? I thought the hall was bigger than that, atleast from what I remember.

Didnt know you knew Matt, what the hell does he drive now after he sold his RB'd S13? I tried to help him as much as possible on that car but that thing just had so much electrical gremlins.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:40 AM   #616
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
my car decided to debead both rear tires pulling into the show so every picture of my car looks derp haha. Luckily we brought drift spares in the bed of my truck to get it back on the trailer afterwards. All in all it was fun, i remember why i enjoy going to the track more than car shows though.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:37 AM   #617
smokescreen240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
smokescreen240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Damn...I want an RB25'd Cefiro. Also, did you guys use the whole convention center? I thought the hall was bigger than that, atleast from what I remember.

Didnt know you knew Matt, what the hell does he drive now after he sold his RB'd S13? I tried to help him as much as possible on that car but that thing just had so much electrical gremlins.
they had it walled off. i'm pretty sure we used about 1/4 of the convention center. i remember the auto show being WAY bigger than that. they've already announced that next year they'll use more indoor space at the same location.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:41 AM   #618
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by punxva View Post
my car decided to debead both rear tires pulling into the show so every picture of my car looks derp haha. Luckily we brought drift spares in the bed of my truck to get it back on the trailer afterwards. All in all it was fun, i remember why i enjoy going to the track more than car shows though.
Yah, I saw some pictures and I was wondering why it looked weird...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokescreen240 View Post
they had it walled off. i'm pretty sure we used about 1/4 of the convention center. i remember the auto show being WAY bigger than that. they've already announced that next year they'll use more indoor space at the same location.
I thought maybe I was loosing my mind. I was thinking I remember that shit being a lot larger than it is.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-28-2014, 07:45 AM   #619
smokescreen240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:

I thought maybe I was loosing my mind. I was thinking I remember that shit being a lot larger than it is.
you could still be losing your mind.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:01 PM   #620
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Nice video Tyler. Footage is a little shaky but you did a really good job covering a whole lot of the cars at the event. I've seen a video or two of nothing but what was inside and I feel like they really missed out on a lot not coming outside.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:10 PM   #621
smokescreen240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Nice video Tyler. Footage is a little shaky but you did a really good job covering a whole lot of the cars at the event. I've seen a video or two of nothing but what was inside and I feel like they really missed out on a lot not coming outside.
outside was pretty dope! i just can't take the heat. lol.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #622
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^.........it was like 70 degrees..... -__- lol
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:17 AM   #623
smokescreen240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
^.........it was like 70 degrees..... -__- lol
yet i still got burnt.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:09 AM   #624
240sxTyler
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Thanks! I only do filming very rarely so I don't need to spend the money on camera sliders for better shots, the last time I even used my T2i was at ECHM lolol.
It was fun testing out the GoPro shots though, I've only had it a couple months and it was my first time using it for non-action related shots. I wanted to do a shot holding my monopod 6 feet in the air with the GoPro on it and go up and down each isle and then fast forward the shot, but soon after I got to the show I wanted to leave since I wasn't really in the best of moods.

Every single person I knew came up and asked me where my car was, shit sucked.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:27 PM   #625
240sxTyler
Leaky Injector

Still in need of a motor, I found one for dirt cheap but it needs to be cleaned up inside because some moisture got inside, but I'm not looking to have something taken apart and put back together. Just need one that will for sure run and drive.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:12 PM   #626
240sxTyler
Leaky Injector

scratch that, i offered mau5 money + my broken SR and we have a deal.

sorry for spam.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:47 AM   #627
punxva
Post Whore!

punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
From Springfest this past weekend

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

Old 04-30-2014, 07:56 AM   #628
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Whats that bumper holder you're using Jordan?

Oh yah, if anybody happens to making a trip up to DC and can do me a favor, PM me. I got 6 more weeks till I get home and I got an RB25 tranny that needs a ride back from Woodbrigde. Dunno how much I can trust somebody holding my money and transmission for 6 weeks.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 08:11 AM   #629
smokescreen240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Whats that bumper holder you're using Jordan?

Oh yah, if anybody happens to making a trip up to DC and can do me a favor, PM me. I got 6 more weeks till I get home and I got an RB25 tranny that needs a ride back from Woodbrigde. Dunno how much I can trust somebody holding my money and transmission for 6 weeks.
see if he can drop it off for a few more pennies. i can keep it here lol.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:04 PM   #630
punxva
Post Whore!

Ray they are terry springs from pegasus racing