Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 08:19 PM   #601
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Well, i for one, couldn't stand Radmanovic. He was spacey 90% of the time. Like he'd be in the game, but he'd play like he didnt know what planet he was on.

It was a good trade.

Luke Walton better get his shit together or he's next.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2009, 09:49 PM   #602
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
We are stacked with talent. Morrison was the 2006 #3 draft pick. I feel a little bad for Radmanovic though. He did a lot of charitable work around the LA area during his stint here. Good guy, but the NBA is a business.

Morrison is a great shooter from outside, just like Radmanovic, but Morrison's upside is greater.

Rumors of Odom, Mihm, and Mbenga for Shaq. Right when I saw Odom's name, I say no to the trade. Shaq would be a great pickup, but not for Odom. Also, if LA wins it all this season with Shaq, that will just further drive the media to say that Kobe needs Shaq to win, even though I don't think he does.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:04 AM   #603
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
I am on a tear here. Here's another rant.

My Boston fan friend messages me and this is our conversation:

him: so what's with the little celebration at the end? seems like you guys just won a championship lol
me: WTF are you talking about? We can't be excited about beating you guys? So the way Garnett yells at the top of his lungs and beats his chest after a huge victory, that isn't premature celebration?
him: well, we should have won the game, we missed FT's in OT
me: newsflash buddy, Gasol and Kobe missed huge FT's at the end of regulation, they make those, OT isn't needed. Your self proclaimed Best Player in the World choked on a FT in OT.
him: yeah, well, that's how it goes though, at least we beat you guys last season lol
me: Why do you Boston people ALWAYS go back to last season? It's over with. You guys beat the underdogs, big accomplishment right there. History will not repeat itself this year.
him: we'll see...
me: yeah, we also beat you guys with AND without Bynum, how you gonna explain that?
him: well, the ending could have gone either way
me: except that we ended up on top both times, so don't give me that
him: we'll see you in the Finals then
me: if you even reach that far

Fuck. Typical ignorant Boston fan. I swear, I have never hated a team and it's fans as much as I hate them. I may be very passionate about LA, but when we lose, we lose, a little complaints here and there about the game, but it's accepted and moved on with. They always have to discredit LA with something, it's like they have to say something negative. Well fuck you, and fuck you too. I have no respect for ignorant little bandwagon fucks. I do respect, however, those diehard Boston fans who have stayed true to them in the 90s and the better half of the 00s. I mean, bandwagon fans are usually the ones who turn into the good/diehard/knowledgeable fans of their teams in time, but when they first start their fanship, most of them act like they know everything already, and that's what bugs me. Ok, I'm done.

/rant, again
Old 02-08-2009, 12:10 AM   #604
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
ooo my... i really hope the lakers don't trade odom.. yikes!

i remember when there were rumors earlier before the season about odom for artest. i didn't really think much of it thinking the lakers couldn't go wrong either way, but i take that back big time now looking at what artest has done for the rockets...
Old 02-08-2009, 12:16 AM   #605
monkz2332
Banned from the Marketplace

monkz2332 is making a name for him/her selfmonkz2332 is making a name for him/her selfmonkz2332 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via MSN to monkz2332 Send a message via Yahoo to monkz2332
^^^^ i agree i hate bandwagaon people.
i have been sticking with the bulls since jordan was there and since he left.
i always get "the bulls havent done shit since jordan"...SO WHAT!!!
at least i stick with them through the hard time...not like most people.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #606
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
i pretty much dont need to say anything else Laker related. Whatever AkademikONE says is my opinion exactly! hahahaha
Old 02-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #607
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Right on Jay. hahahaha

LA @ CLE in about an hour. Should be a very good game.

Also, I do think the Morrison trade is just setting up an even bigger trade right before the trade deadline. Let's hope and see..
Old 02-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #608
BPFTW

BPFTW is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like there are a few bitter Laker fans in here...Why do you care so much? And you seem to be so angry for no reason, its a basketball game, get over it.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #609
qwikspool
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
qwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to qwikspool
odom had a good game. kobe not playing 100%. good game.
broke the home game winning streak for the cavs.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #610
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

23-1 for the Cavs at home. Good road win by LA. 6-0 on their roadtrip.

Doc Rivers got fined by the league about his comments about how the officiating was during Thursday's loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPFTW View Post
Sounds like there are a few bitter Laker fans in here...Why do you care so much? And you seem to be so angry for no reason, its a basketball game, get over it.
What you don't know is that I've been a diehard LA fan ever since the 92 season, that's the year Magic retired if I recall. I was 8 years old at the time. I became a fan when the Lakers weren't at their best. I remember the Eddie Jones, Nick Van Exel, Vlade Divac, Sedale Threatt, Anthony Miller, Elden Campbell era during the good part of the 90s. I am very passionate about the Lakers as you can tell, and all I really ask for is a little unbiased judgement from people. Whenever it's LA being talked about, LA can never seem to do anything right in the eyes of the media and other fans alike. Pieces never seem to fall into place. See, even after we beat BOS and CLE twice this season, the haters will come out in full force.

If you don't like what I'm saying, just don't pay attention to my posts.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #611
BPFTW

I don't have a problem w/ anything your saying, it's your opinion. I just think its funny when people get so worked up over things like professional sports.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #612
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Well, some people are very passionate about different things, basketball is one of mine.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #613
revat619
Retired General

Quote:
I don't have a problem w/ anything your saying, it's your opinion. I just think its funny when people get so worked up over things like professional sports.
Ummmm thats what this thread is about. Passionate sports fans following a sport they love. You obviously don't care about NBA basketball, so this thread doesnt concern you now does it? GTFO.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:07 PM   #614
bboyt3nsk
Zilvia Member

bboyt3nsk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bboyt3nsk
If I was gonna have the cavs lose at home to break their streak id want it to be the likes of LA rather then say the Bucks. It looked good for the cavs the first half. But theres that 2nd half that they always struggle through. LA started contesting shots and playing some good D and threw them way off their game. It seemed like everyone was terrified to box Lamar Odom or they werent tall enough. Odom killed us!

Go San Antonio!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 06:21 PM   #615
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Um, we normally do such things about things we are passionate about. I will participate until I am blue in the face on threads about music, basketball and titties (even though stupidity among members has killed the "titty" threads on Zilvia, thank God the real-life lady has a nice pair)...
Notice, on the other hand, that I am a 240SX owner who simply IGNORES the threads about drifting. YOU clicked on this thread, apparently to talk shit about it. Looks like VH1 missed the casting bus for Tool Academy.

And I write too!
Old 02-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #616
THE PROPHET
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
THE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
What you don't know is that I've been a diehard LA fan ever since the 92 season, that's the year Magic retired if I recall. I was 8 years old at the time. I became a fan when the Lakers weren't at their best. I remember the Eddie Jones, Nick Van Exel, Vlade Divac, Sedale Threatt, Anthony Miller, Elden Campbell era during the good part of the 90s.
YES YES YES! ahh the good old days going to the forum to watch them play lol, i feel you on that, ive been a fan since those days too... i was like 5 years old haha. Goin to taco bell and them having the flyers to be part of the laker club hahaha.

Oh yeah and good game today, Go lakers!
Old 02-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #617
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Good games today. Good win by San Antonio. Great win by the Lakers. And with Kobe ill and no Bynum. And Kbe still managed to shoot a couple over Lebron. Odom killed it out there. That should be good enough to not ship him elsewhere. And Walton better watch out with Morrison in the Lakers now.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #618
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
So Amare's on the block.

I'd have to think Miami (marion's expiring contract + beasley) or Detroit ('Sheed + Amir Johnson) are the leaders of the pack.

Portland could have Amare if they wanted (LaMarcus + LaFrentz' expiring), but I think they'd be pretty stupid to blow their wad just to upgrade from LaMarcus to Amare. A sweet shooting SF would be a far better addition.

Chicago would kill for Amare. If I'm them I tell them anyone but Rose and Noah is yours (Deng, Tyrus, picks and filler?) Amare and rose would be pretty nasty.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:54 AM   #619
BPFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
Um, we normally do such things about things we are passionate about. I will participate until I am blue in the face on threads about music, basketball and titties (even though stupidity among members has killed the "titty" threads on Zilvia, thank God the real-life lady has a nice pair)...
Notice, on the other hand, that I am a 240SX owner who simply IGNORES the threads about drifting. YOU clicked on this thread, apparently to talk shit about it. Looks like VH1 missed the casting bus for Tool Academy.
I wasn't talking shit about this thread or any member that posted in it...I was just try to give him a hard time in a joking manner, I guess I didn't get that across very well hahaha.

And I am a fan of the NBA, I used to watch much more in the mid 90's too, I guess I'm just not as diehard as you guys are. And who isn't a fan of titties? Are they not allowed on Zilvia? I'm still a noob here
Old 02-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #620
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkz2332 View Post
i have been sticking with the bulls since jordan was there and since he left.

I wear Bulls stuff all the time and I always get 'did someone give that to you or do you actually like the Bulls.'
Old 02-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #621
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

ANVIL can only hope to improve
definately a bunch of good games the past week/weekend. dissapointed in lebron's performance yesterday. odom was a beast though. dont know why he doesnt play like that more often (crashing the boards and cutting/moving without the ball)

im getting anxious to see what the suns do. i would love to see shaq retire a Laker, and have one more ring with or without kobe.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:19 PM   #622
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
So Amare's on the block.

I'd have to think Miami (marion's expiring contract + beasley) or Detroit ('Sheed + Amir Johnson) are the leaders of the pack.

Portland could have Amare if they wanted (LaMarcus + LaFrentz' expiring), but I think they'd be pretty stupid to blow their wad just to upgrade from LaMarcus to Amare. A sweet shooting SF would be a far better addition.

Chicago would kill for Amare. If I'm them I tell them anyone but Rose and Noah is yours (Deng, Tyrus, picks and filler?) Amare and rose would be pretty nasty.
Detroit is in the LeBron Sweepstakes, I seriously doubt Dumars takes on ANY "superstar" contracts like Amar'e unless they are expiring and will not be missed when they leave free agents (think Iverson).
Chicago, on the other hand, would be a good look for him and them, in my opinion.

And I write too!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #623
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

ANVIL can only hope to improve
id take sheed+somone for amare. he would be a good fit for the suns. If the suns could get some good chemistry they would be contenders. Amare needs to show up for every game. Nash, JRich, Amare and Shaq, with Barnes, Barbosa, and Hill to back them up. the talent is definately there... just taking long to mesh... if they ever will.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #624
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Talent won't mesh b/c Shaq and Amare can't defend on the perimeter (check when the Warriors wrecked them with the high pick and roll); Amare doesn't defend in the post; Nash and J-Rich don't defend anwhere.

Hell, when the ageless Grant Hill is your best perimeter defender, you're in fuckin trouble. Shoulda thought of that before they dealt Marion for a useless tree trunk on the defensive end.

Kerr's an idiot.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:44 PM   #625
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Kerr is doing what he thinks Colangelo might have done, but the difference is that Colangelo's controversy WORKED, just not all the way... Shaq needs to go as a free agent, Amar'e needs to stay, another center needs to be traded for and/or drafted, as does a PG and a SF, as Steve Nash and Grant Hill's windows are closing.
Letting Marion, and whats-his-face escape were DUMB of him... The rebuild will be longer than it should have to be without them.

And I write too!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #626
revat619
Retired General

My $.02 is simply that i DO NOT want shaq back in LA.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #627
ro240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
ro240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Radmonovic had a 13 points with his new team the Bobcats. The Lakers better get the same production from from Brown and Morrison.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #628
monkz2332
Banned from the Marketplace

monkz2332 is making a name for him/her selfmonkz2332 is making a name for him/her selfmonkz2332 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via MSN to monkz2332 Send a message via Yahoo to monkz2332
Quote:
Detroit is in the LeBron Sweepstakes, I seriously doubt Dumars takes on ANY "superstar" contracts like Amar'e unless they are expiring and will not be missed when they leave free agents (think Iverson).
Chicago, on the other hand, would be a good look for him and them, in my opinion.
amar'e in chicago!!!!!!!!!.....great trade, we can make the playoff in the east with amar'e...we just gotta be .500 to get in.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:18 AM   #629
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Quote:
Kerr is doing what he thinks Colangelo might have done, but the difference is that Colangelo's controversy WORKED, just not all the way... Shaq needs to go as a free agent, Amar'e needs to stay, another center needs to be traded for and/or drafted, as does a PG and a SF, as Steve Nash and Grant Hill's windows are closing.
Letting Marion, and whats-his-face escape were DUMB of him... The rebuild will be longer than it should have to be without them.
If PHX had kept that #3 pick a couple years ago and taken Horford, they'd probably have a few rings. Oh well, suckers.

Right now, there's no direction. Kerr's put Shaq AND amare on the block, which makes no sense.

Trade Amare? It means you need a Udonis Haslem type dirty work PF who can hit a midrange J, it probably also means you need to trade Nash for a PG with defense

Trade Shaq? keep nash, add an athletic center that defense (like Dalembert, Chandler, or Biedrins who is untouchable)

Putting both on the block means Kerr has no idea WTF he wants the Suns to be.

I would imagine that Kerr wants the Suns to be like his CHI/SAS teams, structured offense and tough D. Right now, no one on that roster matches that philosophy.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:46 AM   #630
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
looks like they're shopping for the 2010 class.
Closed Thread