Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #601
wisDOMination
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
wisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
225/35/18 and 255/35/18

Open your eyes and maybe you could see them on those stickers on the tires?
uhhh... my eyes ARE open
i could easily see the 225/35/18's
but i couldnt really make out the other one
thanx for the help though
rim sizes?
are these the same rims he posted in the wheel fitment thread?
18x11, 18x12
225/35's sound kinda insane on a 11"
wisDOMination is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #602
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucmb94 View Post
bumping this up for a quick question:

i have a pair of 16x13s that i am stretching 245/45s on, they got the tires mounted, but when a little air leaks out of them (even after using the sealer stuff around the edge) the tire will become unbeaded. after i told a friend of mine about this problem he mentioned someone has used 195s on a 10 inch wheel with tubes to keep it on the beads. how can i do that? and where do i get these types of tubes? i have never heard of this until recently so any information should help!

you mean like this?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzxHYEdA8Qo[/ame]
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:06 PM   #603
Syncade
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Syncade is making his/her stupidity well-knownSyncade is making his/her stupidity well-knownSyncade is making his/her stupidity well-knownSyncade is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Syncade
You are all very silly
Syncade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #604
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideitsideways View Post
uhhh... my eyes ARE open
i could easily see the 225/35/18's
but i couldnt really make out the other one
thanx for the help though
rim sizes?
are these the same rims he posted in the wheel fitment thread?
18x11, 18x12
225/35's sound kinda insane on a 11"
Yep, 11's and 12's, here they are on the car:

Battle Idol Works 2015
SlideAlliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #605
---CAMRAZY---
Leaky Injector

---CAMRAZY--- is not welcome here anymore---CAMRAZY--- is not welcome here anymore---CAMRAZY--- is not welcome here anymore---CAMRAZY--- is not welcome here anymore---CAMRAZY--- is not welcome here anymore---CAMRAZY--- is not welcome here anymore---CAMRAZY--- is not welcome here anymore---CAMRAZY--- is not welcome here anymore---CAMRAZY--- is not welcome here anymore---CAMRAZY--- is not welcome here anymore---CAMRAZY--- is not welcome here anymore
I wanna thank you guys for showing me how to stretch the ish outta a tire on a wide ass wheel!! Give yourselves a pat on the back!!!! Not a lot of people in the toyota world being aggressive like you guys!
---CAMRAZY--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #606
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Thats because there are like 5 toyotas that could actually stretch and pull it off haha

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 07-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #607
TheRonTom31
Zilvia Addict

TheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TheRonTom31
I just watched that bicycle tire bead thing three times and after having it explained to me it seems like such a safer idea than ether
TheRonTom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #608
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRonTom31 View Post
I just watched that bicycle tire bead thing three times and after having it explained to me it seems like such a safer idea than ether
It's not as cool though.

And if you used body spray (which we went through like 5 different kinds, as well as hair spray, and ended up with Right Guard. The original kind though, the other stuff was not flammable... it was kinda gay), your wheel will also smell very good, good for picking up bitches and hoes.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:04 PM   #609
AznDrftr.
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
AznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AznDrftr. Send a message via MSN to AznDrftr. Send a message via Yahoo to AznDrftr.
what rims are those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps13drift View Post
225/40/18 on a 18x10

test fitting on my friends s13
AznDrftr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #610
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznDrftr. View Post
what rims are those?
Use the "identify this" thread? Or PM that guy that posted those pics?
Old 07-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #611
ZipTiedCoupe
BANNED

ZipTiedCoupe is making a name for him/her selfZipTiedCoupe is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Do Nankangs still run narrow and stretch J-shaped like this?

I'm tempted to buy a pair because they're just so gosh diddly darn cheap ya'llz.

Anyone have anymore pictures of Nankangs' stretched? Specifically 18" wheels. I am wanting to mount a 18x9.5 and wondering how it would look.
ZipTiedCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #612
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Good lord, it just hit me that it was a 165/50/15 tire up there.

165?!?!?! Why????
Old 07-17-2008, 11:39 AM   #613
TheRonTom31
Zilvia Addict

TheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TheRonTom31
stock honda tires FTL.

I would also like to know what those are being put on?

i mean its like 5" tires stretched on maybe 7" wheel?

WHY?
TheRonTom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #614
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Good lord, it just hit me that it was a 165/50/15 tire up there.

165?!?!?! Why????
cuz they would look cool on a 8j.

ideal for stock body 70s cars.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #615
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
cuz they would look cool on a 8j.

ideal for stock body 70s cars.
I guess... On an 8j, you can get away with running a 195 tire and still get a decent stretch.

Not to mention that Nankang tire has that nasty J shaped sidewall when stretched. Argh...
Old 07-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #616
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
They went on some old school VW I believe.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #617
ZipTiedCoupe
BANNED

ZipTiedCoupe is making a name for him/her selfZipTiedCoupe is making a name for him/her self
found more pictures of the nankings:

its a 15x7
ZipTiedCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #618
SoSideways
Post Whore!

The sidewalls don't look that bad there.

Nankang NS-IIs... might give them a try.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:01 PM   #619
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
ok...so ive been trolling this thread and STILL cant come to a decision

i just picked up 2 18x10 +11 SSR MS1 wheels...im on stock fenders with a flat roll and VERY slight pull

i cant figure out if i want to run a 225/35/R18 or a 215/40/R18...id perfer to keep some kind of contact patch with the 225...and the 215 seems a bit far for me...but im also looking for proper fitment...i currently run a 225/45/R17 on a 17x9 +0 wheel and ive got a good amount of contact patch with those with minimal rubbing

(sorry cant provide super great pics of straight down views or ne thing)

im thinkin the 225/35/R18 would work well for me...input is welcome...flame me and i will fukin CUT YOU!!!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #620
SoSideways
Post Whore!

^ Is that how far your wheel will be from the fender?

Because that is nowhere near low enough, and if you throw a 215 or 225 tire on that, you'd have wheel gap...

Once you lower it to proper "man height", your wheels might not stick out as far. Only then can you figure out which size tire you want to run.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #621
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
^ Is that how far your wheel will be from the fender?

Because that is nowhere near low enough, and if you throw a 215 or 225 tire on that, you'd have wheel gap...

Once you lower it to proper "man height", your wheels might not stick out as far. Only then can you figure out which size tire you want to run.
wheel will be MUCH closer lol...i just didnt want to jack the wheel all the way up with a shitty scissor jack...didnt want to leave ne dents or knicks in my nice new wheels (i have a normal jack...but i didnt feel like breakin it out for the pics...meant i wouldve had to open the garage door and let out all the cool air that was making life a bit easier...july in vegas isnt pleasant)

and just so yah know...this is where the car current sits on my 17s

Old 07-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #622
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Well, you're gonna have to do that if you want to have spot on fitment, as far as the tire goes, and your camber/toe, etc.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #623
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

ok basically would the 225/35/R18 give me enough stretch to keep a good contact patch?? also how would that hold up to normal driving? (im just worried about over stretching the tire and losing the bead)

Old 07-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #624
SoSideways
Post Whore!

If you're worried, get 235/40/18 for the rear.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:36 PM   #625
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
If you're worried, get 235/40/18 for the rear.
235s wont stretch for shit on a 10j

Old 07-21-2008, 05:01 PM   #626
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Are you serious?
Old 07-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #627
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Are you serious?
ok...why 235s instead of 225s? (and im bring serious...not being a smartass) wouldnt they be harder to fit?

Old 07-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #628
afro88
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
afro88 is just really niceafro88 is just really niceafro88 is just really niceafro88 is just really niceafro88 is just really niceafro88 is just really niceafro88 is just really niceafro88 is just really niceafro88 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

Exactly. He's saying if you're worried about it then dont run much of a stretch if any at all. 225/35/18 would be fine on a 10j easy.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:09 PM   #629
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
ok...why 235s instead of 225s? (and im bring serious...not being a smartass) wouldnt they be harder to fit?
I'm just saying, if you're worried about the 225 being too much of a stretch still, then step it up to the next size, which is a 235.

A 235 is still not too bad. Would just need a mild pull, and maybe a little bit more camber, and you should fit that easy.

I'm going to be doing a 245/40/18 on a 10.5 +7, and I'm gonna try to pull the fenders to fit that with -1.5° of camber. If that doesn't work, I'll just throw the overfenders on and go to town for perfect fitment.

Just remember, if you want wheels to fit your car like a glove, you gotta make the CAR fit the WHEELS, not the other way around, or else it will never be perfect.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:20 AM   #630
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I'm just saying, if you're worried about the 225 being too much of a stretch still, then step it up to the next size, which is a 235.

A 235 is still not too bad. Would just need a mild pull, and maybe a little bit more camber, and you should fit that easy.

I'm going to be doing a 245/40/18 on a 10.5 +7, and I'm gonna try to pull the fenders to fit that with -1.5° of camber. If that doesn't work, I'll just throw the overfenders on and go to town for perfect fitment.

Just remember, if you want wheels to fit your car like a glove, you gotta make the CAR fit the WHEELS, not the other way around, or else it will never be perfect.
If you're worried about it being too much of a stretch, buy 225/35 Federals, mine are on an 11"

Battle Idol Works 2015