Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #601
Fullboost TM

Trader Rating: (0)
Fullboost TM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
RAINBOW by MAZIORA.
I couldn't believe it wasn't mentioned earlier! It would be ridiculously expensive but worth every penny!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #602
thenooblet
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
thenooblet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
wow...those look gud
thenooblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:08 AM   #603
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
If you are talking air intake, something custom obviously. If you are talking intake manifold, then the stock LS3 manifold.... really no reason to run anything else. Even the FAST manifold only gained 4whp on a 500whp LS3. However, it gained 40whp once boosted.
The FAST LSX-R 102mm intake (with 102mm tb, of course) will make considerably more than 4whp when you put a decent cam in there. After a cam and headers, it's the cheapest n/a horsepower gain.

Pics from my customer gallery:

Conrad loves his Katech valvecovers as well.

Matt Powers also runs the LSX-R. Neither of these guys got them for free, either.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #604
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

thats mcmaster carr right thurrrr... i've got a batch of those stainless hex head bolts in the garage.

bleh... your car is going to be so.................. domestic

:-)
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #605
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
The FAST LSX-R 102mm intake (with 102mm tb, of course) will make considerably more than 4whp when you put a decent cam in there. After a cam and headers, it's the cheapest n/a horsepower gain.
And actually, I want to correct myself. I went back and looked at the Super Chevy build on their LS3 and they did indeed only gain 4whp.... and this was even on CNC ported heads and bigger cam. However, once I read further, I noticed they noted that they were very surprised since stock LS3's usually gain 14-16 hp with nothing more than the FAST 102. They tested again at a later date, but the car then had a ProCharger on it. At that time they did a baseline with the stock LS3 mani then pulls with the FAST 102.... which gained 47whp over the stock mani with the presence of the ProCharger.

And to clear things up, it's not that I wouldn't necessarily do an aftermarket manifold..... I just don't have the funds this season. That would be a nice thing for next winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi
thats mcmaster carr right thurrrr... i've got a batch of those stainless hex head bolts in the garage.

Yeah man, McMaster Carr is the bomb of all bombs. It is beyond insane what you can get from them and then the fact that they have it in stock. The cool thing is they are less than 2 hours from me. So I always have my stuff next day. I ordered some crazy stainless shoulder bolts from them to work with my Gallery Fresh anodized washers for my S15 valve cover. They were a specific shoulder diameter, with a specific shoulder length, with a specific thread pitch, diameter, length and they had a specific diameter socket head(allen)..... they had that shit in stock!!!!... and I had them the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi

Meh, you love me

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #606
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Any updates?
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #607
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
If you changed the intake manifold on an LS I would either do the fast90 or the newer fast120's. If you went with something else, I would suggest that you go with something that has full customization options like the Marcella Manifolds. You get to control every design aspect of it, runner length and more.

Marcella Manifolds Home Page
Just wanted to bring this up from Page 7. If you want to go all out, don't waste your money right now on a FAST intake of any sort. Hold out and get something that is full custom like I suggested. Plus if you beat me to it, you'll be the first with this intake in a S chassis.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:30 AM   #608
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Yeah man, McMaster Carr is the bomb of all bombs. It is beyond insane what you can get from them and then the fact that they have it in stock. The cool thing is they are less than 2 hours from me. So I always have my stuff next day. I ordered some crazy stainless shoulder bolts from them to work with my Gallery Fresh anodized washers for my S15 valve cover. They were a specific shoulder diameter, with a specific shoulder length, with a specific thread pitch, diameter, length and they had a specific diameter socket head(allen)..... they had that shit in stock!!!!... and I had them the next day.
Meh, you love me
mcmaster is the same out here, quick to deliver. i mean its uncanny how quick shit arrives at my door, they must have UPS employees actually working there.. because i click purchase and the shit is instamatically at my door.

see, the thing i like about your car, project, or work in general.. and i think others will agree, is that its done with care and thought. i always hear that about my work, and can see that i see that in your work. the amount of photos you take and how clean things are laid out - all apply to your project and how things are handled. i respect that. you may be a newer guy in the community (within a few years if i recall correctly) but you are doing things RIGHT.

its real unfortunate that there arent more people paying attention and following your path. its a damn shame how many jank cars i see, and not just in this community. miata, sc.. its everywhere. its like a major rift between folks who spend good time and money vs the rest who are penny pinching bastards who just fail at building things.

ps: i think mc master has a lot of shit like this in stock because they supply to numerous communities.. fabricators, boat builders, engineers, car enthusiasts, aerospace, etc...
Old 03-31-2011, 01:53 PM   #609
the555car
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
the555car is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:

Also trying to keep everything organized as I go:

I didn't think anyone else did this! Everyone things I'm nuts for labelling everything...

Amazing attention to detail, love the quality of work you put, unfortunately not enough people put this kind of time into projects. Money only goes so far, time, effort and passion is what separates good cars from excellent ones.

(yours being an excellent one)
the555car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #610
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Grip View Post
Any updates?
Not really... I have been very busy this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Just wanted to bring this up from Page 7. If you want to go all out, don't waste your money right now on a FAST intake of any sort. Hold out and get something that is full custom like I suggested. Plus if you beat me to it, you'll be the first with this intake in a S chassis.
I won't be buying any intake at all this year... I will be beyond out of funds just to get the car done with the game plan I have in place. My only concern with one of those Marcella manifolds would be hood clearance on the S13. I think it's going to be mega close the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
see, the thing i like about your car, project, or work in general.. and i think others will agree, is that its done with care and thought. i always hear that about my work, and can see that i see that in your work. the amount of photos you take and how clean things are laid out - all apply to your project and how things are handled. i respect that. you may be a newer guy in the community (within a few years if i recall correctly) but you are doing things RIGHT.

its real unfortunate that there arent more people paying attention and following your path. its a damn shame how many jank cars i see, and not just in this community. miata, sc.. its everywhere. its like a major rift between folks who spend good time and money vs the rest who are penny pinching bastards who just fail at building things.
I knew you couldn't hold out forever before giving me a compliment

Quote:
Originally Posted by the555car View Post
I didn't think anyone else did this! Everyone things I'm nuts for labelling everything...

Amazing attention to detail, love the quality of work you put, unfortunately not enough people put this kind of time into projects. Money only goes so far, time, effort and passion is what separates good cars from excellent ones.

(yours being an excellent one)
Thanks man!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-01-2011, 12:21 AM   #611
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
I knew you couldn't hold out forever before giving me a compliment
as mr wolf said in pulp fiction "well, lets not start suck eachother's dicks quite yet"

besides, its not like you work at a warehouse and are expecting to squeeze 700+ HP out of a stroked 2 liter. i mean, who does that?
Old 04-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #612
Black240Ct
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Black240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Black240Ct
so we just got a package shipped to out shop.. i open it up and its your long block.. small world.. were swapping it into this

to replace this

back on subject, good luck with the ls, excited to see this car get put back together
Black240Ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #613
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black240Ct View Post
to replace this

back on subject, good luck with the ls, excited to see this car get put back together

I like how the rad is 50% the size of the intercooler lol.

Love the build Broadfield. Keep up the good work!

That is all.

"They see me trollin', They be hatin'"
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #614
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
builds looking great so far
Old 04-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #615
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
any updates yet
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #616
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
i know im super late to the party but i photoshopped that mazori paint onto the engine so that it looks realish.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #617
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
actually change my mind, it looks to flat like that so i did it again..

Old 04-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #618
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
any updates yet
None, but I'm just finishing up my 240volt setup... so it's going to be GO time! I have just been too busy to do anything with the garage electrical... which I need to get done before I can really do anything else. My next thing is to start prepping the bay for welding, which I need the 240volt to run my compressor for the air sander and 240volt to run the welder once the prep work is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
i know im super late to the party but i photoshopped that mazori paint onto the engine so that it looks realish.
Quote:
actually change my mind, it looks to flat like that so i did it again..
Dude, that last one is awesome! I appreciate you taking the time to do that. I'm leaning towards the Maziora... I have been this whole time. Ever since I got the seats, Kyle and I are always dreaming up things I could paint Maziora. I may just leave the covers and manifold like they are now and worry about the paint over the winter or later this year.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #619
newslidz
Zilvia Member

newslidz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to newslidz
Just currious what kind of welding and stuff are you doing in the bay? Like stich welds? Should be fun.

JUST A RED TOP SR
newslidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #620
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
None, but I'm just finishing up my 240volt setup... so it's going to be GO time! I have just been too busy to do anything with the garage electrical... which I need to get done before I can really do anything else. My next thing is to start prepping the bay for welding, which I need the 240volt to run my compressor for the air sander and 240volt to run the welder once the prep work is done.

Dude, that last one is awesome! I appreciate you taking the time to do that. I'm leaning towards the Maziora... I have been this whole time. Ever since I got the seats, Kyle and I are always dreaming up things I could paint Maziora. I may just leave the covers and manifold like they are now and worry about the paint over the winter or later this year.
no problem man, if you want anything else shopped, just let me know. its good practice for me.

love your previous build, keep up the good work.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #621
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
while you're at it you should have the intake made out of hollowed dildos if you're going to rainbow up the valve cover. LOL
Old 04-13-2011, 08:17 PM   #622
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
while you're at it you should have the intake made out of hollowed dildos if you're going to rainbow up the valve cover. LOL
That's a pretty good idea, but I highly doubt you will sell me all of yours.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #623
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I got a bag full of big black ones covered in axe body spray with your name on it bro.

(video removed) forgot you can't post shit with dildoes in it here haha.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #624
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
ill bring the jack johnson c.d.'s.......lol
Old 04-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #625
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Stop being gay California.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #626
Wabash9000
Zilvia Member

Wabash9000 has a little shameless behavior in the past
alright I know you can't do a new manifold this year, but I would like to throw this out there for next years upgrades.
LS1 and LS7 Billet Manifolds with ITB's - HybridZ
and then build intakes like this e30 has(lots of pics scroll down)
VWVortex.com - V10 E30 M3 Build
Wabash9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #627
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
om3ga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
om3ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #628
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash9000 View Post
alright I know you can't do a new manifold this year, but I would like to throw this out there for next years upgrades.
LS1 and LS7 Billet Manifolds with ITB's - HybridZ
and then build intakes like this e30 has(lots of pics scroll down)
VWVortex.com - V10 E30 M3 Build
Baller! I don't even know if the ITB's would fit under my hood... let alone with intakes like that. Who needs an intake anyway!?!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-14-2011, 09:53 PM   #629
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Baller! I don't even know if the ITB's would fit under my hood... let alone with intakes like that. Who needs an intake anyway!?!
do it bro

Old 04-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #630
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
do it bro
LOL, Fucking awesome man!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds