Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #6451
meen13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
meen13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
[QUOTE=Nissan87;4088979]Why do some people (especially racers/drifters) throttle on and off when engaging first gear or reverse?
I see people do this both for when creeping first gear/reverse or doing a hard launch.
To be honest I think it's better to rev an engine then to hold it on a rev for some amount of time, it could also be getting the timing if a clutch grab better/ getting used to it.. Or to move it slower without it jumping so it's out of gear and not riding the clutch.
That's the only thing I can think of.

Is it because it sounds cooler or does it have any functional purpose?
meen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #6452
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashRacer86 View Post
I'm lookin for the best choice to choose from on my KA's Tranny Mount, it's time I've replaced it and I can not come to a conclusion on which brand to buy.

Also why are some saying Tien is no better then stock if Tien claims to be stronger?
This is biased, but drift freaq is starting on doing custom mounts. Once the list hits 5 he'll start production. I'm waiting, since the engine mounts he makes are better (and less expensive) than any other option I found. Other than that, it depends on what you want to do with the car. Daily: drift freaq, stock, or nismo. Track: drift freaq, nismo, cusco, or some other kind of hard urethane/solid mount.

So, get on the list so I can have my tranny mount already.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #6453
meen13
BANNED

meen13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
how do you clean leather/suede gloves? Like Alpine stars, FET, Gforce, Safequip, what ever.
You can buy a can of suede cleaner
It's like a carpet cleaner for suede
meen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #6454
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedSiBaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by meen13 View Post
You can buy a can of suede cleaner
It's like a carpet cleaner for suede
Yup, and its typically a small spray can with a brush cap on the top...so you can spray it on then take the cap and un-crush/lift the suede back...

I love using it on my alcantara seats in my civic si

I've had the most luck finding it in shoe cleaning/care product sections at like target, shoe stores, or department stores...
RedSiBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #6455
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Did some base model 240s, come with no front sway bar?

This is the first time I have encountered this.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #6456
ezza
Zilvia Junkie

ezza is an unknown quantity at this point
Im going to be running 11J fronts, i have searched and can only find one car running them with no info of issues.

I will be tubbing my arches eventually but can i run these 11j fronts without tubbed arches in the meantime? i will be using 30mm front overs.

any help greatly appreciated
ezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #6457
Ithical
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
Ithical is making a name for him/her selfIthical is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

Are these the same cable? Also is this that cable that allows the key to come off when car is turned off? I put on the correct ECU for my year for manual well after i finished my manual swap and when I did that I could take the key in and out while the car is on, is this cable the reason for that?
Ithical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #6458
sukimoto
Zilvia Member

sukimoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Have a little wiring problem with an s13 silvia i just picked up. The wiring was messy down by the ecu and dash connector.

I got the dash connector all sorted out, but there were a few wires coming out of the ecu that were loose and I'm not sure where they go. I cut up into the loom but didnt see where they had been cut at.

PIN 105 R/W Fuel Pressure Control Module
PIN 14 G/W Clock
PIN 25 O/B (according to the pinout, but mine was R/B) Exhaust Temp Warning

There was also a Blue/White wire coming out of the loom, and I couldn't see where it went to the ecu. Pin 45 was not cut and thats the only other Blue/White I saw.
sukimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #6459
S14kouki_10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
S14kouki_10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
So i took apart my z32 calipers for powdercoating, Now idk which half goes to which. Does it matter?
S14kouki_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #6460
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithical View Post
Are these the same cable? Also is this that cable that allows the key to come off when car is turned off? I put on the correct ECU for my year for manual well after i finished my manual swap and when I did that I could take the key in and out while the car is on, is this cable the reason for that?
Yes, pull the black clip on the part on the key and the cable will pop out. Then snake it out of the dash.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #6461
Ithical
Zilvia Junkie

Ithical is making a name for him/her selfIthical is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Yes, pull the black clip on the part on the key and the cable will pop out. Then snake it out of the dash.
Perfect, thank you!
Ithical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:11 PM   #6462
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashRacer86 View Post
Oh so it's only the tie rod ends? Will SPL work on Tien Inner Tie rods?

Also could you direct to me where I read about the name colors? I looked around but I may have over looked the thread.
Check splparts.com to see their interchangability with inner tie rod ends

As far as the Colors stuff I'm totally lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontxploitme View Post
ok so i was going to remove the clutch damper and i found this

so then i took apart the clutch damper and took out the spring and black rubber piece thinking that it'll have the same effect as removing the whole thing but now i have like 3 inches of play in my clutch. i bled it thoroughly like 3 times and tried adjusting the pedal but i'm getting nowhere clutch still has alot of play. i'm guessing it might have something to do with the clutch damper being taken apart? is there anyway i can get the bolt off or maybe cut the line and cut the other side and put those to together?
You could cut the line there, flare it, and then bend it to work (you'll end up needing vise grips on that fitting if you are re using it...sure it's cludge but it will work). Or you're going to need to buy a clutch line kit from one of the Vendors on here. (Or make you're own, but you need to research what fittings you'll need, and the length of premade line)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h815 240sx View Post
Are there any s13 body harness diagrams that have real pictures of the plugs with what they are, not just a wiring diagram service manual pictures?
Body wise, I'm unsure. If you are swapping in an SR20, there is this guide though: http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/2930...ing-guide.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Did some base model 240s, come with no front sway bar?

This is the first time I have encountered this.
That shouldn't be the case.

Now, s14 base model cars did come without a rear sway bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezza View Post
Im going to be running 11J fronts, i have searched and can only find one car running them with no info of issues.

I will be tubbing my arches eventually but can i run these 11j fronts without tubbed arches in the meantime? i will be using 30mm front overs.

any help greatly appreciated
If you plan on being low, and or drifting, you're going to need to tub them. Heck on almost any moderatorly lowered car with at least 8.5" wheels, you'll see some rubbing upon hard bumps in the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki_10 View Post
So i took apart my z32 calipers for powdercoating, Now idk which half goes to which. Does it matter?
No difference at all.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #6463
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Thanks cody.

This is a base model 90 hatch.. Noticed the front seemed to be a little wobbly and had some oversteer.
Looked under the car and whaddya know, no front sway at all. bushings and mounts are gone as well. This car was recently purchased so I am assuming the previous owner had something they wanted to keep and took it off. Which kind of perplexes me because everything else is completely bone stock. Almost untouched.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 06-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #6464
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
That is kinda odd, but who knows. Maybe they were too cheap to replace the stock end links or something at one point.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 06-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #6465
Wake
Premium Member

Thats a damn cheap mofo lol
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 06-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #6466
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (68)
kevmeistah21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kevmeistah21

Anyone know where i can get replacement clips and the metal connections from? I've contacted SARD themselves but they haven't responded.. Do you think your local auto store will have the metal connectors that go inside the clips? FUCK! or any damn store?!?!
Late Night Crew... #02 <3

Bought anything from me? Please leave me a review!

http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...meistah21.html
kevmeistah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:43 PM   #6467
s14j
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (72)
s14j is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 72 reviews
where can i buy a osk timing chain for dual cam ka besides fr? i want a local one i can pick up asap, around 90038,
Old 06-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #6468
imverus
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
imverus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Whats the difference between ignitors? sr, q45, etc.. I have a s13 blacktop, does it make a difference to have a different one? what does it do
imverus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:10 AM   #6469
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmeistah21 View Post
Anyone know where i can get replacement clips and the metal connections from? I've contacted SARD themselves but they haven't responded.. Do you think your local auto store will have the metal connectors that go inside the clips? FUCK! or any damn store?!?!
They are Denso Type II clips, so the parts store should have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14j View Post
where can i buy a osk timing chain for dual cam ka besides fr? i want a local one i can pick up asap, around 90038,
FR will be next day, you'd have it Tuesday if you ordered it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imverus View Post
Whats the difference between ignitors? sr, q45, etc.. I have a s13 blacktop, does it make a difference to have a different one? what does it do
You're new
Google
and search the forums. Your issue is not uncommon. I'll leave you with this: they will work in the SR20, SR20 type makes no difference, and you will need to rewire the Q or J or Suzuki ones in.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:58 AM   #6470
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
They are Denso Type II clips, so the parts store should have them.

thank you sir <3

Old 06-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #6471
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmeistah21 View Post
thank you sir <3
If not, I used J30 Injector Clips from a junkyard IIRC when I had my SARD 550's
Old 06-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #6472
smokei

smokei is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know of a dealer selling the s14 Rear Kouki Valance, or oem valances? I heard that there were brand new from the factory valances.

smokei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #6473
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenkiS14 View Post
Awesome, I did some research and supposedly 95+ toyotas use the same clips. Thanks for the info

Old 06-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #6474
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenkiS14 View Post
Odd that J30 ones would fit when regular Nissan ones won't...curious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokei View Post
Anyone know of a dealer selling the s14 Rear Kouki Valance, or oem valances? I heard that there were brand new from the factory valances.
I've heard this rumor as well on here that Nissan is making them still/again.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #6475
89SwapXE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
89SwapXE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
is it ok to use engine paint on wheels??
89SwapXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #6476
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
why would it be bad to run a straight SS line from Master clutch cylinder to slave for the clutch system?? i been told its not recommended... Or is motorsports BS-ing me

Last edited by Edwin562; 06-13-2011 at 08:38 PM..
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #6477
s14fbs
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
s14fbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14fbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levan. B View Post
i realize this question has been asked in this thread and i DID search, but i couldn't find the answer i was looking for.
Will " A Disk " Work wheels clear Z32 front brake calipers?, and " O Disk " Clear stock rear calipers?

thanks.
probally fit like a real dickhead
s14fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #6478
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin562 View Post
why would it be bad to run a straight SS line from Master clutch cylinder to slave for the clutch system?? i been told its not recommended... Or is motorsports BS-ing me
That's what I am running cause it was to much of a pita for me to put my hardline back in.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #6479
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Holy mother of Fuck! So I Just finished installing my t28 and supporting mods; did my first start and everything and bam 10 seconds in I'm leaking oil like crazy! It's coming from the oil inlet for the turbo. I have SS turbo lines and I hope I didn't strip the threading but I doubt it cause I put it in with ease.. What are my chances of stripping the threads on the block?

Could this leak be another issue? I used the same washer for the banjo bolt and it was kinda bent.. PLEASE tell me I didn't strip the thread on the block!

Should I wrap the banjo bolt with Teflon?

Thanks,
Kevin

Old 06-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #6480
Johannes
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Johannes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
What spring rates do S13 Fortune Auto Coilovers 500 come with? There's one for sale but the seller doesn't seem to know the spring rate of them. Do they only come with 7k/6k?
Johannes is offline   Reply With Quote