Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:10 AM   #631
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ill have to check out some of your guys suggestions

english dub black lagoon actually looks decent lol, maybe ill rewatch it in english
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKwaPSkjXp0
Old 10-22-2011, 01:41 AM   #632
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
^ dude, I'm with you but no need to get all defensive about it
all my 'anime friends' from college are gone
and my current 'car friends' give me shit about it
who cares, I'm comfortable in my skin

liking UN-GO, Mirai, Bakuman 2 of the new shows so far
still need to check Last Exile and a few others
i know i blew up a lil too much lol. i just cant stand people like that.
not to mention the only reason he posted that in the first place was so he could feel "badass" and "adult". it woulda been fine if he just left out the last sentence. but i got the feeling from him saying "but then i grew up and shit" that he thinks hes better than us. and im not gunna stand for that shit.

plus i had a bad day at work and ive been pissed off all night, so that didnt help lol
Old 10-22-2011, 04:32 AM   #633
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lmao! now I must watch black lagoon
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:24 AM   #634
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Black lagoon is a good show 1st and 2nd season and then Black Lagoon Roberta's Blood Trail just came out this year which was damn good too.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #635
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I must have mentioned Black Lagoon at least 4 times in this thread... If you like that, you better check out the Full Metal Panic series...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #636
95BoostedS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
95BoostedS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by One_love_silvia View Post
i know i blew up a lil too much lol. i just cant stand people like that.
not to mention the only reason he posted that in the first place was so he could feel "badass" and "adult". it woulda been fine if he just left out the last sentence. but i got the feeling from him saying "but then i grew up and shit" that he thinks hes better than us. and im not gunna stand for that shit.

plus i had a bad day at work and ive been pissed off all night, so that didnt help lol
Who says I was trying to feel "badass and adult" like I really care what a couple of guys on zilvia think. I said it for shits and giggles, I have nothing against animes and I do like family guy like you mentioned. Wasn't all that serious.

Last edited by 95BoostedS14; 10-23-2011 at 03:48 PM..
95BoostedS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #637
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

already seen fmp
Old 10-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #638
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Working !! - love it
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #639
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

im liking beelzebub so far.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:40 AM   #640
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I really should subscribe to this thread, I forget to check it and 6 months later I'm reading through an hour of backlog...

That said, for this season I'm sticking with Mawaru Penguindrum and Beelzebub.

New stuff is C³, Dat Crown, Working !!', and Boku ha Tomodachi ga Sukunai. Last one is pretty good, started with the manga. It's one of those guilty pleasures for me, since it's highschool harem.

C³... is reminding me of Kore ha Zombie desu ka. In a good way. I'm kind of waiting and hoping it doesn't go sideways, because I'm liking it so far.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:27 AM   #641
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
I really should subscribe to this thread, I forget to check it and 6 months later I'm reading through an hour of backlog...

That said, for this season I'm sticking with Mawaru Penguindrum and Beelzebub.

New stuff is C³, Dat Crown, Working !!', and Boku ha Tomodachi ga Sukunai. Last one is pretty good, started with the manga. It's one of those guilty pleasures for me, since it's highschool harem.

C³... is reminding me of Kore ha Zombie desu ka. In a good way. I'm kind of waiting and hoping it doesn't go sideways, because I'm liking it so far.
sounds like my watch list.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 10-24-2011, 07:45 AM   #642
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
im liking beelzebub so far.
Fairy tale is a good one too, the manga isn't bad either.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 10-24-2011, 07:46 AM   #643
59bhp
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
59bhp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i was wondering if someone more educated than myself could help,

Im not a newbie to anime but am very stuck in my ways and have trouble bringing myself to watch something new,

ive watched the entire db, dbz, dbgt series, wangan midnight, initial d, and part way through bleach

i love the street fighter films and ninja scroll is a classic! also loved the modern take on it all with afro samurai 1 and 2., wu tang and badass action just go together so well.

i loved all of the above and am wanting to watch something that involves action and not too techy - sort of like a ninja scroll type film but more up to date (think large guns as opposed to swords), perhaps an anime version of "the punisher" film.

apologies for the less than imaganative description but like i said im not anm expert on this type of entertainment.
59bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #644
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59bhp View Post
i was wondering if someone more educated than myself could help,

Im not a newbie to anime but am very stuck in my ways and have trouble bringing myself to watch something new,

ive watched the entire db, dbz, dbgt series, wangan midnight, initial d, and part way through bleach

i love the street fighter films and ninja scroll is a classic! also loved the modern take on it all with afro samurai 1 and 2., wu tang and badass action just go together so well.

i loved all of the above and am wanting to watch something that involves action and not too techy - sort of like a ninja scroll type film but more up to date (think large guns as opposed to swords), perhaps an anime version of "the punisher" film.

apologies for the less than imaganative description but like i said im not anm expert on this type of entertainment.
I will always love the orginal Street Fighter II Animated Motion picture, so I found the 24 episode series, Street Fighter II V, to be entertaining (yet goofy at times). There's also a few newer SF movies you may wanna check out, like Street Fighter Alpha: Generations. I can't remember the name of the movie, but in one of them, Ryu FINALLY fought Akuma. It was badass.

But, you are failing terribly at life if you let another second go by without watching Samurai Champloo. Trust me.

The heaviest hitter I can recommend, though, is Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It's impossible to overstate how damn good this show is.

As for Bleach, they just ended their filler arc, so I'm back to watching that series again too. But Naruto is WAAAAAAAAY better. Both series have tons of terrible filler episodes though.

There's alot of really good stuff out there, but these are a few to get you up and running with some shows that are heavy on both action & story with great music.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #645
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Naruto Fillers are way too long. Bleach is pretty close to the manga at this point. Naruto is prob 2 years behind with the filler gap.

59mhp check out Black lagoon season 1 and 2 then Black lagoon Roberta's Blood trail.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 10-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #646
stockbee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stockbee
Initial D and Sgt. Frog
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #647
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
Naruto AND Bleach Fillers are way too long.
Following the manga is helpful, so you know exactly when to stop watching the show when filler starts airing.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #648
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I will always love the orginal Street Fighter II Animated Motion picture, so I found the 24 episode series, Street Fighter II V, to be entertaining (yet goofy at times). There's also a few newer SF movies you may wanna check out, like Street Fighter Alpha: Generations. I can't remember the name of the movie, but in one of them, Ryu FINALLY fought Akuma. It was badass.

But, you are failing terribly at life if you let another second go by without watching Samurai Champloo. Trust me.

The heaviest hitter I can recommend, though, is Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It's impossible to overstate how damn good this show is.

As for Bleach, they just ended their filler arc, so I'm back to watching that series again too. But Naruto is WAAAAAAAAY better. Both series have tons of terrible filler episodes though.

There's alot of really good stuff out there, but these are a few to get you up and running with some shows that are heavy on both action & story with great music.
LOL this is EXACTLY what i was going to say.

also, another one of steve blum's great animes is scryed. if u like comedy/action animes, that and samurai champloo are shows u can't go without. i just wish the damn series'(?) were longer.

Steven Blum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

probably my favorite voice actor. he always plays someone whos a total badass. aka mugen, kazuma, and even spike from cowboy bebop. not to mention hes KT from initial D. and the sickest part, is its pretty much just his regular talking vocie.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #649
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

samurai champloo is the shit! just rewatched it recently

also if you have never seen cowboy bebop then get on it because its amazing!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #650
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Following the manga is helpful, so you know exactly when to stop watching the show when filler starts airing.
The bleach fillers are more watchable than naruto's, I can't wait for the start of the ninja war in naruto hope they dont drag it out too long till fillers again.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 10-24-2011, 09:44 PM   #651
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
ive watched the entire db, dbz, dbgt series
yuck, yuckx2, yuckx3

Quote:
ninja scroll is a classic!
agree, with this one
stay away from the TV series, it's garbage
watch Katanagatari, Basilisk (closest thing to Ninja Scroll movie), House of Five Leaves, Samurail Champloo (as already stated)

Quote:
Black Lagoon is the only recent series that comes to mind
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:28 AM   #652
joeapple8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
joeapple8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Samurai Champloo
Samurai X
Coyboy Bebop
YuYuHakasho
joeapple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:31 AM   #653
59bhp
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:

ah sweet i didnt know about the other sf movies,

ill have a look at the full metal alchemist but it looks a little out there for my taste lol but the Samurai Champloo series looks to be next on the list after bleach.

yeah i agree with the filler but this is a guy who watched the entire dragonball series so filler i am more than used to and anything less is quite frankly a speedy plot in comparison lol
Old 10-25-2011, 01:32 AM   #654
59bhp
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
Naruto Fillers are way too long. Bleach is pretty close to the manga at this point. Naruto is prob 2 years behind with the filler gap.

59mhp check out Black lagoon season 1 and 2 then Black lagoon Roberta's Blood trail.
yeah ill definatly have a look at the black lagoon series, seems to be cropping up a lot on my searches so must be good lol
Old 10-25-2011, 01:34 AM   #655
59bhp
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by word sux View Post
also if you have never seen cowboy bebop then get on it because its amazing!
nope not seen it yet, but again its another that keeps getting recomended so it will probably go on the list
Old 10-25-2011, 01:36 AM   #656
59bhp
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
yuck, yuckx2, yuckx3
lol i know but this was the first taste of anime i ever had so a) it was completely different to anything i ever watched and b) because of a) i will always be a massive fanboy lol

if it wasnt for the fact it was so drawn out it was almost comical, i would of enjoyed it even more, defintatly got tiresome though!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:53 AM   #657
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Ghost in the shells are really good too 59bhp.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 10-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #658
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
also, another one of steve blum's great animes is scryed.
Awww man... I almost forgot about Scryed! What an underrated, often overlooked jewel of a show! Comboy Bebop... yet another show that stands up well to the test of time. The Comboy Bebop Movie was SUPER badass.

Quote:
ill have a look at the full metal alchemist but it looks a little out there for my taste
Trust us. You will not regret this one. Phenomenal action scenes. Show will have you both busting a gut laughing and crying like a little girl. Among the best stories I've ever watched in anime.

Just make sure you're watching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and not the original verision, which is still good but not near the greatness of the Brotherhood version.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #659
sftmb
Leaky Injector

sftmb is an unknown quantity at this point
shows I'm currently watching right now/just finished
*watching
naruto
bleach
gintama
working
fairy tail
boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai
guilty crown

*just finished
nichijou(everyday life)
ao no exorcist
usagi-drop
mayo chiki
shakugan no shana
gosick
kore wa zombie desu ka
Old 10-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #660
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
hey have any of yall seen chaos head and if so what are your thoughts on it, im 3 eps in and kinda up in the air about finishing it lol
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote