Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #631
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlanolin View Post
I managed to get my evo front brakes on with the same 350z wheels and i didn't need a spacer, I mean its close but it clears
Got pics?

What 350z wheels do you have?
Black R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2010, 10:24 PM   #632
lvlanolin
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
lvlanolin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
These aren't the best picture but you can see it. The tire spins fine with no issues and the backs have the z32 ebrake setup with the evo rotor

lvlanolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:31 PM   #633
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
DAM why did i get a house! lol i should have just hooked up my car haha
when will u do another group buy?
Maybe next year sometime, but doubtful. The hats take forever to make, so it's difficult to make a large quantity in "spare machine time."
Old 12-06-2010, 01:07 AM   #634
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Don't really know if this is the right place to ask this, but does anybody know the color code for the brembo brake caliper gold? Need to get some powder coating done.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:05 AM   #635
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
Don't really know if this is the right place to ask this, but does anybody know the color code for the brembo brake caliper gold? Need to get some powder coating done.
you wont find that easily in PC

i did a lot of research on this, there is a reason why stoptech, brembo and all the majors use paint as opposed to PCing them.

mike
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #636
Def
Post Whore!

Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
I don't think you can PC a caliper. My calipers are at 300 deg F AFTER a cool down lap and getting back to the pits. I imagine their peak temps are probably in the 350 range. I think PC will turn to goo around there.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:27 AM   #637
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
I don't think you can PC a caliper. My calipers are at 300 deg F AFTER a cool down lap and getting back to the pits. I imagine their peak temps are probably in the 350 range. I think PC will turn to goo around there.
all my calipers have been powdercoated. from what i've gathered over the years, PC typically cures ~400F

ive never had an issue with the finish due to temp. even my RSR exhaust was powdercoated black and never had a problem, its an extremely durable coating

the reason i believe OE has not used PC for coating is because of the amount of work to mask, prep, cleanup, re-tapping holes, etc.. its a rather thick coating and requires a good deal amount of cleanup over bolt holes, etc

mike
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:55 AM   #638
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
you wont find that easily in PC

i did a lot of research on this, there is a reason why stoptech, brembo and all the majors use paint as opposed to PCing them.

mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
all my calipers have been powdercoated. from what i've gathered over the years, PC typically cures ~400F

ive never had an issue with the finish due to temp. even my RSR exhaust was powdercoated black and never had a problem, its an extremely durable coating

the reason i believe OE has not used PC for coating is because of the amount of work to mask, prep, cleanup, re-tapping holes, etc.. its a rather thick coating and requires a good deal amount of cleanup over bolt holes, etc

mike
Ah i see. Yeah i'd rather have them powder coated because it is a lot more durable and I've seen a lot of instances of discoloration with paint. I guess if i had a paint color code, maybe they can match that? Do you know the paint color code of brembo gold?

I guess if it comes down to it, i'll just have them painted, but if i can i'd like to get them coated that color.

Edit: I emailed TRG Coating to see if they can help me out at all. We shall see...

Last edited by revat619; 12-07-2010 at 02:19 AM..
Old 12-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #639
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
Ah i see. Yeah i'd rather have them powder coated because it is a lot more durable and I've seen a lot of instances of discoloration with paint. I guess if i had a paint color code, maybe they can match that? Do you know the paint color code of brembo gold?

I guess if it comes down to it, i'll just have them painted, but if i can i'd like to get them coated that color.

Edit: I emailed TRG Coating to see if they can help me out at all. We shall see...
I looked into it briefly and also no luck
found some STi threads were owners were saying nail paint works...
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:22 AM   #640
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Fwiw, I went ahead and bought some of the skullworks brackets.

This is after making my own and not being happy with the fit and finish.

I spent more trying to diy than these cost through Manonegra.

I have no affiliation with any of the aforementioned. I'm just hoping to save someone the time and trouble.
I paid full price for the skullworks brackets and as you can see, they are worth every penny.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #641
roel03
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (23)
roel03 is making a name for him/her selfroel03 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
The Brembo gold color is a stock Honda color. It is called Inca Pearl Y-61P
roel03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #642
ManoNegra

ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black R View Post
Fwiw, I went ahead and bought some of the skullworks brackets.

This is after making my own and not being happy with the fit and finish.

I spent more trying to diy than these cost through Manonegra.

I have no affiliation with any of the aforementioned. I'm just hoping to save someone the time and trouble.
I paid full price for the skullworks brackets and as you can see, they are worth every penny.
cool

btw, 1 set of Evo and 2 of STIs left and after that not making more
unless demand is there
that damn material ate endmills and those bolts weren't cheap
Old 12-13-2010, 08:24 AM   #643
ManoNegra

what I spent the weekend doing:

Old 01-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #644
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Z32 rears?
Old 01-28-2011, 10:09 AM   #645
ManoNegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black R View Post
Z32 rears?
correct sir
Old 02-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #646
PITCH
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
PITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I know is a 3mm washer but anyone know what size washer is needed for the STi rear calipers on? 3/8, 3/16's, 1/2? Thanks.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #647
RHDphil
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
RHDphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
any1 have evo caliper brackets for s14 for sale or know were i can get some
RHDphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #648
T chop
Zilvia Junkie

T chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enough
Can anyone confirm if an R33 GTR wheel will clear the front Evo brakes? Someone was saying some 17's won't fit.
T chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #649
revat619
Retired General

Quote:
Originally Posted by T chop View Post
Can anyone confirm if an R33 GTR wheel will clear the front Evo brakes? Someone was saying some 17's won't fit.
Scroll up 5 posts.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #650
ke70 sr20det
Leaky Injector

ke70 sr20det is an unknown quantity at this point
s13

read all pages good info but i still wanna ask some things . i have jdm s13 silvia ks with new 2jzgte/r154 swap my brakes arnt enough for my upcoming setup that is pt71,aem ems2,hks 272,exedy twin and nos .

thinking for sti front and z32 rear with e brake

so i need for front
1.sti caliper front
2.evo slotted rotor front
3.braided sti lines front
4.brake pads front
5.adaptor plate

and for rear
1.z32 caliper ebay
2.z32 rotor circuit sports
3.braided lines z32 (DIF 10098 Stainless Steel Braid Rear Brake Lines 240SX S13 S14)
4.brake pads z32
5. e brake cable both sides (E-Brake Cables)
6.rear caliper hardware (Nissan OEM 300ZX Brake Hardware for Rear Calipers)
please let me know if m missing any part on rear???

do check the links for this becuz i dont live in states and there arnt silvia around me so please help me out with this

regards salman
Old 01-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #651
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
sorry for bringing this thread back up!!

i have Sti front brembo caliper and evo 320mm front rotors.

since evo rotors are 2mm thicker than sti rotors, does this mean i have to go 2mm down for evo rotors? that doesnt make sense though, cuz then it just be trash since it will reach the minimun thickness.

when i installed everything, the metal pieces on the caliper hits the rotors. also when i tried bleeding the calipers, as i push down on the brake pedal, theres some fluid that comes out, and when i let off the brake pedal, it sucks the fluid back in.
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #652
s34n
Leaky Injector

s34n is an unknown quantity at this point
For some apparent reason they match, except for the front. You need a front caliper brackets, z32 brake lines, z32 brake master cylinder. The rear, it direct bolt on. I knew about this many months ago.
s34n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #653
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
i forgot which page but i believe it's in the first 3 or so pages that you can use evo rotors with the sti PADS, but you'll have to turn the rotor down 2 mils for it to fit. or you can put evo pads in the sti calipers and not have to mess with the rotors. goddamn this shit can get confusing lol
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #654
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
are my rotors on the correct side??
Old 03-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #655
Def
Post Whore!

Check the vane direction. The slots don't really matter.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #656
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97nismo View Post
are my rotors on the correct side??
NO... 100000x... NO. I despise seeing this on any car!!

The vain runs back and cold air is sucked in from the middle of the rotor while in motion, and expelled outward. Your tying to do the opposite which in turn would be like trying to take a torch to your hubs and other critcal areas.... doesn't make sense does it?
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #657
Def
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
NO... 100000x... NO. I despise seeing this on any car!!

The vain runs back and cold air is sucked in from the middle of the rotor while in motion, and expelled outward. Your tying to do the opposite which in turn would be like trying to take a torch to your hubs and other critcal areas.... doesn't make sense does it?
Vane direction does not equal slot or cross drilled direction on my rotors. They usually go against each other on higher $$$ stuff.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #658
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
Vane direction does not equal slot or cross drilled direction on my rotors. They usually go against each other on higher $$$ stuff.
Would you like pictures of my DBAs or Brembos???
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #659
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
Would you like pictures of my DBAs or Brembos???
would you like to see a picture of my 2 piece brombos?

i can def attest that the vanes and the cross drills go against one another
Old 03-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #660
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
so whats correct???