Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 12:17 AM   #631
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
lol no...

he squared up, his stroke was on point, and he followed through.

was not a chuck.

that shot is on NBA.com highlights if you want to go see for yourself.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #632
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looked like a chuck to me.

The Nuggets got their 12th win in a row last night even if it was a little controversial. As much as I like them though, I can't see them going past the western conference finals just because the game slows down so much in the playoffs.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #633
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
RIP jason terry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm_t6OfBF7Y
Old 03-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #634
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Nuggets beat OKC, stretch streak to 13.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:00 AM   #635
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
3v1 of the smallest guys in the league. /golfclap. At least he didn't give up.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 03-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #636
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Poor Jason Terry, he was murdered on March 18th 2013 at 9:01pm. His loud mouth and stupid little Jet thing he does will be missed by no one
Old 03-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #637
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
More often than not, i agree with you on most things in this thread, but i hate that "it was against a bad team" nonsense every time someone brings up the 81 point game. Bad team or not, its an NBA team and the Lakers were down 15 when he took that game over. Further more THAT Laker team was shit too and had he not played that way they would've lost by 20. Shoulda coulda woulda whatever. Fact is those players you mentioned HAVE NOT or even come close to a scoring effort like that. So don't throw that performance out with the bath water simply because it's Kobe who did it. 81 points in the NBA is 81 fucking points. IF Lebron had done it and we down played it liked that, you'd label everyone a hater for doing so.
Actually I wouldn't I would say the exact samething if Lebron or D-Wade did it against a bad team. Yes Toronto is an NBA team but they were also horrible at playing defense. They blew their defensive targets on a nightly bases. You can't sit here and tell me that if Lebron, KD or hell Melodrama really wanted to score 81 against a bad team they couldn't. Kobe is awesome, I been a fan of his since the day he joined the Lakers. But you can't sit here an say that you don't think that any of those 3 players could never hit those numbers. Bad teams are bad for a reason. The only part that I would agree with you is that they may not hit those numbers while shooting 60%+FG. Kobe was on fire. As far as feeling that people hate on Lebron, it's an all around fact. But it doesn't really matter to me much because I will forever be a D-Wade fan first

Now if anyone finds a way to score 81+ on the Celtics or Pacers Defense, I will call them the GOAT fuck MJ.

By the way wtf happened to this thread? By this time last year we were on page 40+

By the way, anyone else notice Lebron's tribute to Nick Van Exel the last few weeks? I know Lakers fans remember that move and Celtics now know how it looks
Old 03-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #638
jamg
Nissanaholic!

lebron and the heat are doing EVERYTHING... down over 20 points, come back to win.

they are just trolling at this point.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:46 AM   #639
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Quote:

lebron and the heat are doing EVERYTHING... down over 20 points, come back to win.

Ya hurts to admit but they are making a laughing stock out of teams. How big of a lead do you need to get on these guys to beat em. Impressive, very impressive.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 03-21-2013, 02:23 AM   #640
Options13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
Options13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
heaaat gon get it this year
Old 03-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #641
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

^^^ Nick Van Exel has to be proud watching his move on a nightly bases

I have to admit, they trolled the shit out of me lastnight. I was angry most of that game because they played zero defense, offense or even rebound until halftime. I wanted to kick a puppy so bad until 8mins left in the 3rd. Down 27, go up by 9 then let Cleveland get it to 1 and think they could win. Fuck Burnie, our mascot should be troll face from now on lol!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #642
jamg
Nissanaholic!

double digit deficit and they come back to win.

confirmed trolling.

8 games away from beating the all time record? they are gonna do it.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #643
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Lol dumbtoni keeps putting Blake out on the floor. He's not defending and he's bricking 3s. No timeout and no adjustment. Turrible.

Lakers should trade metta for amare.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #644
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Hate how we always start picking up at the end where its just too late to do anything.. Nice catch up on the 4th but they need to kick off early.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #645
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOnesxWai View Post
Hate how we always start picking up at the end where its just too late to do anything.. Nice catch up on the 4th but they need to kick off early.
the kobe effect
Old 03-26-2013, 01:01 AM   #646
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Quote:
the kobe effect
Oh come the fuck on.....

their COMPLETE lack of defensive effort had nothing to do with Kobe's play. If you give up 28, 35, and 31 points in 3 quarters and you can't make open shots, you're not winning an nba game. Doesn't matter who's playing. Defense wins games and these fools didn't play any from the tip off.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 03-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #647
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Well, we had a nice little run there.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #648
Teddy Bruckshot
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Teddy Bruckshot is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Too many missed free throws plus they couldn't rebound for shit
Old 03-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #649
jamg
Nissanaholic!

the heat's 27 win streak is still more impressive than the 33 set by the lakers in the 70's.

about time they lose though, now the pressure if off. 2013 champs- miami heat.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:27 AM   #650
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Quote:
the heat's 27 win streak is still more impressive than the 33 set by the lakers in the 70s
No it isn't. Don't get me wrong the Heats' streak was very impressive but stop being a blind homer.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 03-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #651
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I said last night just before the Heat went down 10 early in the first quarter “if the Heat give a big lead to the Bulls, it ends tonight.” This “give em an inch and embarrass them” shit can only go so far, and the fact remains that you can demoralize teams like the Bobcats, Magic and Cavaliers with that, but a well-coached team like the Bulls will not fall to that. I actually saw it happening against San Antonio, but oh well. The silence of “long-time Heat fans – circa 2009” in my Facebook feeds is hilarious

I still don't see anyone beating them four of seven games though

And I write too!
Old 03-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #652
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post

I still don't see anyone beating them four of seven games though
Ya pretty much :/

Old 03-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #653
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
No it isn't. Don't get me wrong the Heats' streak was very impressive but stop being a blind homer.
Lets be serious here, the manner and efficiency they did it in, winning in all fashions, with the expanded league as it is now, it is more impressive. Now, if the Lakers streak had happen in the 90s I'd say otherwise, but lets be serious it was creampuff back then.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #654
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
RIP jason terry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s423Ic35zI
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
Old 03-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #655
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Lets be serious here, the manner and efficiency they did it in, winning in all fashions, with the expanded league as it is now, it is more impressive. Now, if the Lakers streak had happen in the 90s I'd say otherwise, but lets be serious it was creampuff back then.
The difference seems to be PURELY subjective and ALWAYS divided along the line defined by one's response to the question "are you a Heat fan?"

Comparing Los Angeles Lakers' 33-game win streak with Miami Heat streak | The Point Forward - SI.com

Some things to consider about the 71-72 streak (for those who refuse to read the story linked above):
- HORRIBLE travel conditions
- compacted schedule (8 games in 10 nights, several back-to-backs)
- no three-point line
- the Lakers' streak started 9 games into the season, not more than halfway through

I am still working on trying to figure out why in the hell they needed to have so many back to backs (four were DURING the streak) if there were fewer teams anyway.

Forget not, as well, that Elgin Baylor was injured like 8 games in and called it a career even though Jerry West BEGGED him not to. With a healthy Elgin the streak is 40+ games easy (they started winning the VERY next game after he went out) and we're likely not even THINKING about "72-10" either

Whatever, the comparisons can stop immediately, Mercury Morris can shut the fuck up and the Heat can get back to defending their title. For what it's worth, there is another Lakers' record they can aim for: 2001-2001 Lakers were "Tyronn Lue trying to defend Allen Iverson in game one" from sweeping the whole playoffs.

And I write too!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #656
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Nice shot of Pat Riley in that article, lol. Funny he had his hand in both streaks.

Speaking of the Godfather, I enjoyed this:

"Danny Ainge needs to Shut The Fuck Up and manage his own team," Riley said in a statement released through a Heat spokesman. "He was the biggest whiner going when he was playing and I know that because I coached against him."

Old 03-31-2013, 12:55 AM   #657
jamg
Nissanaholic!

lol and his response.. "we're both right". this is the first time lebron said anything about all the people whose hacked him as he was trying to get into the paint...
Old 03-31-2013, 02:32 AM   #658
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

They could ALWAYS call and ask how Dwight Howard has been dealing with it for the last forever.

And I write too!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:31 AM   #659
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Lakers are going to make the playoff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAx4c6aszkk
Old 04-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #660
jamg
Nissanaholic!

only one explanation..

david stern gonna david stern.

with his influence, the lakers will make the playoffs.
Closed Thread