Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 12:09 AM   #631
sweet89s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
sweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
[/QUOTE]

what make/model are these wheels??? They are the sex!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:12 AM   #632
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet89s13

what make/model are these wheels??? They are the sex!
SportMax wheels. I think they're style 986 or something. *shrug*
Old 04-28-2006, 05:26 AM   #633
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
yeah, sportmax.......they are the shit for what they cost me, but the sizes fail bigtime- the 17x9 is the good part, the +35 offset made me want to kill myself....i ruined my wheel bearings bc i had 25mm spacers on them.....but they did look pretty good! i got a lot of people asking me if they were the rsz-r's (work) which was nice.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv
90% of the cars posted here are stock or with original rims painted black
I'm not an asshole but is the true..
Old 04-28-2006, 01:35 PM   #634
NeedCAforS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
NeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NeedCAforS13

Old 04-28-2006, 01:43 PM   #635
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^ nice! for a second i was like "wth is a corolla doing in this thread?!"
Old 04-28-2006, 01:48 PM   #636
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Damn Sean that S12 is looking sharp!!

14/15 stagger ftw!! hahahaha
Old 04-28-2006, 03:10 PM   #637
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift180
^ nice! for a second i was like "wth is a corolla doing in this thread?!"
Haha, me too. Its like a brother from another mother. =)
Old 04-28-2006, 04:00 PM   #638
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
nice s12!! what suspension mods are you running?
Old 04-28-2006, 04:09 PM   #639
NeedCAforS13
Zilvia Addict

NeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to NeedCAforS13
converted to s13 front suspension: lca's, hub, spindle, brakes, tension rod brackets, and an s14 sway bar.

s13 cusco inverted front coilovers (zero2r I think, I dunno got them used in exchange for doing work on my friends car)
cusco s13 tension rods
aluminum subframe bushings, window weld filled diff bushing
350lb springs in the back on threaded perches on the trailing arms
foxbody mustang AGX rear struts (about 3 inches shorter than stock s12, but same mounting position).
6 point rollcage

and under the hood:
Old 04-28-2006, 04:12 PM   #640
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
need to dial my suspension.. toe and camber is all out of wack.. positive toe on the front, negative toe on the back, and thats not including the camber hehehe

Old 04-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #641
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of

Another hardparked shot. All pretty before Altimont opens up! wooot.

Zeal B6 = HOT SEX.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:18 PM   #642
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
get a hatchback, asshole!!!

Old 04-28-2006, 09:33 PM   #643
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Old 04-28-2006, 09:50 PM   #644
joecar
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
joecar is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
dct223 your packin alotta rubber on those wheels
Old 04-28-2006, 11:06 PM   #645
dct223
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dct223
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecar
dct223 your packin alotta rubber on those wheels
haha... r32 GTR's are 16's... so i just kept normal tire sizes, 225/50/16's

i would do 225/45's but to lower it anymore i think id scrape the shit outta everything in the bay area cus it is still my DD

also.. not really a fan on running tires that are overall smaller, speedo doesnt read right and gears top out faster, really didnt like it at the track drifting...
Old 04-29-2006, 07:00 AM   #646
HyperTek
Post Whore!

i love Jookybanana's car hehe

I got to re-route my harness, I thought I had it tucked up enough out of harm, but a recent canyon run had proved me wrong from the rim rubbing it.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:26 AM   #647
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

jookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfection
your car is tite too hyper, its hot sauce!
do you run fender liners? when i rub its fender liner so its ok, so its sort of double protection for the harness, but i am starting to rub trough the fender liner after all these years of rubbing, but the harness seems to be sitting far enough that it doesn't get messed
Old 04-29-2006, 11:48 AM   #648
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Jooky, your car is more of a showcar according to proof of your pristine aero and you run 215/40/17. Definitely explains why you don't have problems with the harness just yet. Nonetheless, your car has always looked good except the front sidemarkers. Go clear kouki already.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:31 PM   #649
HyperTek
Post Whore!

i had tucked it up and thought it was good, guess it was no problem with my old suspension becuase it wasnt as low. but since i lowered it more with the HEs, it rubbed on the front part of the harness.. i lost the fender lining long time ago since i shredded em.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e/100_0825.jpg
Old 04-29-2006, 04:02 PM   #650
Ricks15
Nissanaholic!

Ricks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud of
Hyperteck did you get the fender rolled or did you put a wide'er one?
Old 04-29-2006, 04:15 PM   #651
HyperTek
Post Whore!

rear is pull with a baseball bat/pipe.. front is wider fenders.. my rear panal looks craptacular in person tho cuz of poor body filler sanding that i shoulda put more time into b4 gettin the car painted.. but whatever, i could always just cut the panal and put bolt on flares if i wanted to maybe later i dunno.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #652
Ricks15
Nissanaholic!

Ricks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud of
looks nice dude keep up the good work.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:50 PM   #653
floodo1
Zilvia Junkie

floodo1 will become famous soon enoughfloodo1 will become famous soon enoughfloodo1 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriftoSlut
On the gas in 3rd, squatting the rear:
thats more than just squate, thats rear squat and front lift. maybe your front rebound should be set higher! should give you better steering control and less rear traction in that situation.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:12 PM   #654
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
This is on Stance coilovers. Rear is lower than I'd like; I'm setting my car up for HPDEs and occasional autocrosses and want proper suspension geometry. However, I can't raise it any higher than this. Maybe its a function of the Z32 rear lower mounts I'm using? I'm pretty happy with how low the front is. I can't go much lower with my 245/40 Kumho MXs anyways. Okay, no idea how to post pics, if someone can tell me how or send me a link to directions I'll post one.

Last edited by turtl631; 04-30-2006 at 06:54 AM..
Old 04-29-2006, 07:18 PM   #655
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
And here I was thinking it could go like an inch and a half lower all around.

Edit: More like half an inch in the rear and an inch in a half up front. Why do you want to be high?

Last edited by JVD; 04-29-2006 at 08:31 PM..
Old 04-29-2006, 08:23 PM   #656
Revolver Ocelot
Zilvia Addict

Revolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Revolver Ocelot
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtl631
Okay, no idea how to post pics, if someone can tell me how or send me a link to directions I'll post one.
Use a host like photobucket.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:34 PM   #657
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver Ocelot
Use a host like photobucket.
I just sent him a Pm with all that info
Old 04-29-2006, 09:17 PM   #658
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Finally I CAN CONTRIBUTE!! w00t!!

boom, boom, boom.. GET LOW EVAN!
Touch it, bring it babe
..something something.. AUTOMATIC..

bigger here..
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9087/img00109mr.jpg
Old 04-29-2006, 09:30 PM   #659
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero
Finally I CAN CONTRIBUTE!! w00t!!

boom, boom, boom.. GET LOW EVAN!
Touch it, bring it babe
..something something.. AUTOMATIC..

bigger here..
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9087/img00109mr.jpg
seems like you dont want your lip to last long, might as well let me have it. ya?
heres the lowest my car has ever been so i dont break the rules
could have been lower but i was happy with it and now it has been raised so i dont scratch my exhaust and fmic

wheels come in tuesday and i will try to post new ones then
Old 04-29-2006, 10:21 PM   #660
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Its how low I can go..

hehe, it won't stay that low..