Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #631
Starfire97
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Starfire97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well call me uninvited, but i've only had my car for 2 months. however, from birth- ~5, my neighbor had a red hatch that i loved as a toddler, especially since my mom wanted one so bad, even though i had no idea what it was. then, around the time i was 4, my aunt bought a champagne gold 96 automatic, which apparently was the reason my power wheels Jeep got booted from the garage -_- so since around 03 when i was 10, i wanted a 240sx, although i knew nothing about it and there werent so many of them in NY. eventually i came of age and bought my kouki
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #632
Starfire97
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaMervaj View Post
I picked up my Kouki in Nov. of 03'. Geez was it hard to find parts back in the days. ....

Painted in 10'; Picture early 11' - Got it one color & better wheels

wheel specs, PLZ
Old 05-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #633
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
sorry but being 10 in 03 really makes me laugh for some reason.

Nothing personal at all. No offense but some people just arent old enough for this thread. Its not your fault you were born too late.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #634
Kaizen.
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
Kaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
2003. jdm grll, bumper, kouki sides, veilside rear, bomex wing. 4x4 and automatic. dont judge me.

Kaizen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #635
Starfire97
Zilvia Member

lmao 18? doesnt matter, i still have nostalgia for the s-chassis.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #636
dreaMervaj
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
dreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire97 View Post
wheel specs, PLZ
There not HELLAFLUSH ZILVIA approval but specs are:

Rears: 17x10 +23 (235/45)
Fronts: 17x9 +1 (215/45).

Wish I would've gone 40 all around. =)
dreaMervaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #637
Starfire97
Zilvia Member

lol thats why i like them, they haz the unique. i really like how the 45 looks, does it rub in the rear?
Old 05-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #638
Neon_rain519
Zilvia Member

Neon_rain519 is an unknown quantity at this point
01' had to take a pic of a pic
Neon_rain519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #639
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I really like this thread, It's been a good read. Most of the cars I've seen in here have more of a purpose built if not almost a more motorsport look to them. I guess the limited choice of coilovers and not very readily available parts options made for a different look. It's nice to see there was a time when it wasn't cool to drive a shitbox. My car is a shitbox, Has a ton of rot and I'm ashamed to drive it. However most kids my age would put stickers all over it and call it awesome. There needs to be a second coming of that kind of styling. Proper sized tires, No goofy mis-matched parts, just good looking no bs cars. It's funny to see how people used to strive for an sr to be different and how difficult it was to piece together the swap. I could have one in my car by next week if I wanted to know. It's crazy how times have changed. Keep these photos coming! It's definitely cool as a younger guy to see what was going on when I was too young to be a part of it.
nomoremk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #640
D1champ
Zilvia Junkie

D1champ is on the path to ruinD1champ is on the path to ruin
My S13 Silvia circa 2004
D1champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:09 AM   #641
DLo Eric
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoremk2 View Post
I really like this thread, It's been a good read. Most of the cars I've seen in here have more of a purpose built if not almost a more motorsport look to them. I guess the limited choice of coilovers and not very readily available parts options made for a different look. It's nice to see there was a time when it wasn't cool to drive a shitbox. My car is a shitbox, Has a ton of rot and I'm ashamed to drive it. However most kids my age would put stickers all over it and call it awesome. There needs to be a second coming of that kind of styling. Proper sized tires, No goofy mis-matched parts, just good looking no bs cars. It's funny to see how people used to strive for an sr to be different and how difficult it was to piece together the swap. I could have one in my car by next week if I wanted to know. It's crazy how times have changed. Keep these photos coming! It's definitely cool as a younger guy to see what was going on when I was too young to be a part of it.
I totally feel you on everything you've mentioned. Also, Living in SoCal was waaay different than living anywhere else in the country when it came to 240 parts pre 2005. My only outlet back then was to window shop Raretrick.com back when they were still around. However, with the help of zilvia and tons of parts companies opening up, we now have a load of cheap and rare parts. I'd say 06 was a major turning point in the industry as far as I'm concerned.
DLo Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #642
Boorito
Leaky Injector

Boorito is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo Eric View Post
I totally feel you on everything you've mentioned. Also, Living in SoCal was waaay different than living anywhere else in the country when it came to 240 parts pre 2005. My only outlet back then was to window shop Raretrick.com back when they were still around. However, with the help of zilvia and tons of parts companies opening up, we now have a load of cheap and rare parts. I'd say 06 was a major turning point in the industry as far as I'm concerned.
^This guy helped convince me to buy my first nissan in like 04 o:, god I wish I never sold it hahaha. hooray new project! Eric we need to meet up! I have not seen you in for ever buddy! lol
Boorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #643
kenS14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
kenS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
how OG is this back in 1993-5(idk)...lol.... 87 S12 to a 97 S14
back when i was 3-5 y.o

Old 05-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #644
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
whatever happened to bluboy's blue s13.5?
Got sold back in 05. Cant remember if the guys who bought it were local or from another state.

Every time I see this thread, I always wonder why the fuck do I still have an S-chassis. Why oh why cant I move on to a different chassis?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #645
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
This is from my pic folder....

Old 05-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #646
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
I dont get it^^
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #647
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjabread View Post
This is from my pic folder....

Wow definitely nostalgic for me...I miss my old car

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #648
DaN_S13
Leaky Injector

DaN_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Seeing some of these cars make me miss the old days and makes me want to get another S chassis. Parents were AirForce so I went to middle school and high school in Okinawa, got into drifting but I couldn't afford a car for a while so I was stuck driving a 89 corolla my dad gave me until I saved up and bought an 89 Silvia k's with a ca18 in 2001 for $2500. I'll have to dig some pics of it out the next time I visit my parents. But here's some other cars I've owned since then...

Moved from Oki to England in 2004 and got this 1990 Silvia K's with CA18

2004 My Dad's R33 Skyline

Blew the motor in the silvia and parted it out... then got this 1991 200sx with CA18 in '05 for 900 pounds~ $1800

Body kitted

Bought this 89 Silvia Q's for $800 to use as a daily

A guy in Ireland wanted to buy just the shell so I sold that and did this:

Got tired of the Sileighty so I parted it out and bought a 97 200sx with SR in '06 for $6000

Had the S14 for a couple years before it got totaled in an accident. Pulled the motor and swapped it into an S13 that was stripped out, GTR seats, Z32 brakes, kei office coilovers, and a few other mods and drifted the hell out of it.

Don't mind the horrible rear wheels, they were just drift spares.

Then my parents moved back to the states in '08 and I came back with them. I couldn't believe the prices people where trying to sell their piles of crap and I ran into some money issues so I've pretty much been out of the scene since then. But I still check Zilvia from time to time because I love these cars and hope to get back into one someday.
DaN_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #649
buentellomma
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
buentellomma is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
bone stock when i bought it in june 2003

my 240 back in 2003 right before i did my first sr20 swap, bomex rear and side skirts,type x wing, and a erubuni front bumper

buentellomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #650
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
I dont get it^^
They are all pics that I saved a LONG time ago. Brings back memories!
Old 05-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #651
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have limited pix, the SD card with all the pix was lost in a house fire I wish I had more pix left.

This pic was taken in 03' it was my first 204sx, I loved those Acura TL HID's

Then I went S15 frontend and turned it to a full stripped KA-T race car.

My first born enjoying the stripped car.
Riq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #652
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
I have limited pix, the SD card with all the pix was lost in a house fire I wish I had more pix left.

Then I went S15 frontend and turned it to a full stripped KA-T race car.
favorite s15 bumper right there...

im not old enough to have had a car before the whole bandwagon thing started, but if it makes it any better, i didnt get one to join the bandwagon lol.

just wanted an affordable car that handles/performs well and is decently reliable.

i actually got into drifting AFTER i got into 240s lol. tokyo drift is in no way in hell how i was inspired... i was inspired by old japanese drift videos of touge runs and old d1gp vids.

i wish i coulda bought it newer though... damn being a 90's child... damn it to hell!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #653
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
I think I got my first of 4 s13's in 2003-2004 era. Not really any pictures

anyways, I posted this thread here from when my Father worked at Datsun in the 70's.
http://zilvia.net/f/media-forum-pict...s-datsuns.html

Enjoy!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #654
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

God I love typhoons. Id so buy a set if i found some in 17x9.

I still watch my Grip Video DVD of when they did coverage of Komatsu's trip to Drift session hawaii.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #655
Mikey McFly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Mikey McFly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

This pic was taken in November of '04. Bought it the month before and I already had lowering springs and an Apexi N1, lol. Hellaflush wasn't out yet, in case any of you kids didn't know. I'm the second owner and before I bought it, it looked just like this *without the exhaust of course* since 1991. =]
Mikey McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #656
DoobieS13
Zilvia Junkie

DoobieS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
my step brothers car bone stock 2002
DoobieS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #657
sex14
Zilvia Member

sex14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
Wow definitely nostalgic for me...I miss my old car
hey usdm180 i was wondering if u lived in orange county ca? in coyote hills area?
sex14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #658
Ciel

Ciel is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't get anymore OG than this (circa 2002-03)

This was when silvia front ends were only $400-$500 (2001)

Last edited by Ciel; 07-19-2011 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: added info (year)
Ciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #659
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
That house looks familiar, didn't I drop a diff off at your house years back?
Old 07-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #660
Ciel

Ciel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
That house looks familiar, didn't I drop a diff off at your house years back?
I'm sure you were one of many lol. We had a crip gang of parts in the back.
Ciel is offline   Reply With Quote