Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 11:10 AM   #631
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
They definitely looked exhausted, you could just see it on their faces during free throws etc. Delly gassed, getting cramps 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter.

I think Blatt should go deeper into the bench towards the end of the 1st & 2nd quarters so he can give LeBron or others alittle more rest. Marion hasnt played yet, give him 2 mins or so towards the end of a quarter or 2 to give others a rest. Same for Miller.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2015, 11:53 AM   #632
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy2die View Post
They definitely looked exhausted, you could just see it on their faces during free throws etc. Delly gassed, getting cramps 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter.

I think Blatt should go deeper into the bench towards the end of the 1st & 2nd quarters so he can give LeBron or others alittle more rest. Marion hasnt played yet, give him 2 mins or so towards the end of a quarter or 2 to give others a rest. Same for Miller.

Yup.

How bad can a bench player be compared to an injured, cramped and exhausted starter?

This is why Thibs got fired. He never trusted his bench or rookies. When injuries forced him to play the bench, we got quality in the form of Butler, Snell and Mirotic.

Dolly wasn't a starter until Kyrie went out and look what he's done...
Old 06-12-2015, 12:02 PM   #633
theronin
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Commentators also noted that Lebron needs a bigger break during the half so he can be fresh for the 4th.
The league agreed and have since changed halftime to an hour break.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 06-13-2015, 07:41 PM   #634
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
The modern NBA is full of pussies. Stop with this tired excuses, there's only 2-3 remaining games, suck it up and it'll be over soon.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #635
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
The modern NBA is full of pussies. Stop with this tired excuses, there's only 2-3 remaining games, suck it up and it'll be over soon.
THIS.

I run track professionally and we're training 6 days a week for 10 and half months a year.

Tired? Shut the hell up and play.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 06-14-2015, 06:15 PM   #636
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
THIS.

I run track professionally and we're training 6 days a week for 10 and half months a year.

Tired? Shut the hell up and play.

You don't think they are training, practicing and conditioning all year?

Please.

If anything the endless lists of injuries these guys suffer at only ~25 years old is a great indication of how hard they are working.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:28 PM   #637
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
You don't think they are training, practicing and conditioning all year?

Please.

If anything the endless lists of injuries these guys suffer at only ~25 years old is a great indication of how hard they are working.
Oh i know they're training. My point is, this is the NBA Finals. They shouldn't be bitching about being tired. Yeah your body hurts, but this is what you train for. Go out there and do it. No whining, no excuses. If i lose a race, i'm not gonna sit up there after the fact and be like "well i lost because i was tired and i didn't get to sleep as long as i would've liked and my cinnamon toast crunch got soggy at breakfast."

You train. You leave it all out there and compete. And you live with the results. I just hate whining and the current climate of the NBA is full of it and it's damn sickening.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 06-14-2015, 08:59 PM   #638
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Old 06-14-2015, 10:40 PM   #639
iRONDONkey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
iRONDONkey is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
cavs head coach is a legit potato.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:09 AM   #640
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRONDONkey View Post
cavs head coach is a legit potato.
Blatt is the kind of guy that orders mail order brides.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 06-15-2015, 06:54 AM   #641
iRONDONkey
Zilvia Junkie

poor lebron

his team is trash once again. and the coach has yet to have any play that isn't based around lebron. sucks that everyone is going to talk about his 2-6 finals record.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:04 AM   #642
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMarre Caroll View Post
THE DIFFERENCE IS SIMPLE: TEAM BALL...
Unfortunately for LeBron its quite true. Without other players really stepping up & the burden sitting on his shoulders because hes the "best player in the league" the Cav's wont win the series. LeBron with yet another triple double and it didnt matter.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:41 AM   #643
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy2die View Post
This is the coolest thing I'll see all week, and it's only Monday
Old 06-15-2015, 02:00 PM   #644
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
poor lebron

his team is trash once again. and the coach has yet to have any play that isn't based around lebron. sucks that everyone is going to talk about his 2-6 finals record.
Blatt is a complete idiot with managing minutes. Hes only rotating what, 7 players if that?
Old 06-15-2015, 02:49 PM   #645
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Blatt is a complete idiot with managing minutes. Hes only rotating what, 7 players if that?

Reminds me of Thibs.

I guess he just doesn't trust the bench.

I've said it many times.

What's better an exhausted starter who is playing like shit and sucking wind....

Or a pumped up bench player desperate for minutes?
Old 06-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #646
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Reminds me of Thibs.

I guess he just doesn't trust the bench.

I've said it many times.

What's better an exhausted starter who is playing like shit and sucking wind....

Or a pumped up bench player desperate for minutes?
I knew Blatt was an idiot when he had Kyrie out there for 40+ min knowing he had a bum knee. We all saw what ended up happening there.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #647
theronin
Post Whore!

Been kicking this idea around for a while when watching the games.

I think Cleveland actually benefitted from not having Love or Kyrie. Now now don't go all apeshit on me, hear me out. Love is laughable on D and imo Kyrie isn't that great either. Would have been a much more offense oriented team. And I think we can all agree that GS would win easily in that kind of contest. Delly was dogging Curry for 2.5 games and made his life hell. He didn't have to worry about offense and just put all he had into D. Just my 2 cents. Feel free to rip me to shreds.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:06 PM   #648
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (61)
Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Feedback Score: 61 reviews
Clippers traded for Stephenson. Wonder if thats gonna work out... He didnt so well in Charlotte
Old 06-15-2015, 08:10 PM   #649
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
I've already come to terms with the Warriors taking it all this year. I'll even go as far as to say that if they've got a shot at repeating if they can find a replacement for Bogut and/or Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscalixto View Post
Clippers traded for Stephenson. Wonder if thats gonna work out... He didnt so well in Charlotte
It's not lol...jk

But in all seriousness, I think the veteran presence combined with the relative success by the Clippers may sway his mindset. I can see him putting up near Indiana numbers when healthy.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
Old 06-16-2015, 07:05 AM   #650
iRONDONkey
Zilvia Junkie

GSW closing out the series tonight.

bogut is a very good center lol

they are a full basketball team. kinda like the hawks of the west, except they have superstars.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:26 AM   #651
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah I think it's over tonight.

Anyone else feel that this whole season was kind of shitty?
Old 06-16-2015, 09:52 AM   #652
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Quote:
bogut is a very good center lol

they are a full basketball team. kinda like the hawks of the west, except they have superstars.
And where did anybody say he wasn't? Just a few posts above/early in the series, I came to his defense.

The reason why I said they need to replace him is due to his injuries and injury prone nature. With big guys available this off season, they should look into finding a center that can stay on the floor and not in a suit on the bench. With the way the league's style is shifting, a defensive presence is all they really need.

Green is a FA this off season, he'd be a fool to leave but if they take it all this year, he may just want to ride the lifestyle and not prioritize winning first.

Didn't think I would have to explain my statement but I forgot some fans are very sensitive to the way things are said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
Yeah I think it's over tonight.

Anyone else feel that this whole season was kind of shitty?
More than anything, the season turned a corner.

If the Warriors win, it's going to bring a new dynamic to the NBA which guys like D'Antoni have tried for so many years. I prefer watching post play and playing inside THEN out but as Kenny Smith once said "the league is a copy cat league" so with GS looking like sure winners, expect to see a demand for guards that can handle the ball, (spot up) shooters, and guys like Draymond Green.

Steve Kerr and his coaching staff should and deserve all of the credit for this year's run. It's looking like the age of the old big man is over. I hoped the Grizz would bring it back but the results speak for itself.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:41 AM   #653
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
And where did anybody say he wasn't? Just a few posts above/early in the series, I came to his defense.

The reason why I said they need to replace him is due to his injuries and injury prone nature. With big guys available this off season, they should look into finding a center that can stay on the floor and not in a suit on the bench. With the way the league's style is shifting, a defensive presence is all they really need.

Green is a FA this off season, he'd be a fool to leave but if they take it all this year, he may just want to ride the lifestyle and not prioritize winning first.

Didn't think I would have to explain my statement but I forgot some fans are very sensitive to the way things are said.

More than anything, the season turned a corner.

If the Warriors win, it's going to bring a new dynamic to the NBA which guys like D'Antoni have tried for so many years. I prefer watching post play and playing inside THEN out but as Kenny Smith once said "the league is a copy cat league" so with GS looking like sure winners, expect to see a demand for guards that can handle the ball, (spot up) shooters, and guys like Draymond Green.

Steve Kerr and his coaching staff should and deserve all of the credit for this year's run. It's looking like the age of the old big man is over. I hoped the Grizz would bring it back but the results speak for itself.
I agree adding Tyson Chandler or DeAndre Jordan could bring that defensive presence. They wouldnt take much if anything from the offensive end.

I dont agree with all the credit going to the coaching staff...did they have an enormous impact? Of course. They added defense on top of a run and gun offense D'Antoni had minor success with.

But could this be possible without Curry? The ability to knock down a contested shot consistently makes a huge difference, a three at that...so could you make the same statement with no Curry? Would they be in this position without him?

Dont forget they lost twice because Steph wasnt making that shot.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:22 PM   #654
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
I've already come to terms with the Warriors taking it all this year. I'll even go as far as to say that if they've got a shot at repeating if they can find a replacement for Bogut and/or Green.

I wouldn't replace Green unless you're shifting him to SF and find a good sized athletic PF like a young Amare with defense (Anthony Davis would fit that role perfectly, but that's a pipe dream), but I do agree that Bogut could be upgraded.

I like the toughness Bogut brings (generally being an asshole, pushing, hitting, and slapping opposing teams players and not taking shit from anybody... must be an Australian thing) and he's at least competent on offense, but he is injury prone and I think a more athletic defensive center will help.

I'm also not sure if management would want to mess with a winning formula since Green and Bogut play well together defensively.

Quote:
I agree adding Tyson Chandler or DeAndre Jordan could bring that defensive presence. They wouldnt take much if anything from the offensive end.
I was talking about these exact same thing to my coworker yesterday about these two guys. A more athletic defensive center should help.

Jordon would be nice, but he's kind of dumb as far as basketball IQ goes, he can't create his own shot, and I don't want other teams using hack-a-jordon. Tyson Chandler is a little smarter, but older.

I think Bogut is a little bit better offensively than both. He was trying to develop some sort of offensive game to add to his defense when he was with the Bucks.

I just don't know who could be obtained to replace what Bogut brings. I don't want a soft center... Maybe DeMarcus Cousins, but that's another pipe dream and I think he prefers the half court (George Karl wants to trade Cousins and get Ty Lawson back so he can get a running team in Sacramento).

Quote:
I dont agree with all the credit going to the coaching staff...did they have an enormous impact? Of course. They added defense on top of a run and gun offense D'Antoni had minor success with.
YES! The difference between D'Antoni's run and gun and Golden State is DEFENSE. I think Kerr, being a part of the Phoenix and Spurs organizations, learned from his experiences and combined a little bit of both organization's styles to refine the formula with GS. No way you can win with a D'Antoni or Don Nelson style of all offense/no defense run and gun.

Quote:
But could this be possible without Curry? The ability to knock down a contested shot consistently makes a huge difference, a three at that...so could you make the same statement with no Curry? Would they be in this position without him?
Possibly.. maybe this formula only works with Curry, but there's no other player like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:53 PM   #655
Corbic
Post Whore!

Brutal.

Was hoping this went to 7. Now what am I going to do.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:06 PM   #656
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Well now I'm just interested in what the Bulls are going to do in the off season.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:27 PM   #657
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats to the Warriors! Iggy with a well deserved MVP! So happy!
Old 06-16-2015, 10:37 PM   #658
iRONDONkey
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Brutal.

Was hoping this went to 7. Now what am I going to do.
im still proud of myself for making that bet on GSW winning the WCF, back in Nov, 2014.

i am betting on the bulls winning ECF for the next season. their new head coach is honestly the missing piece of the pie. they have the full team, they just need the X factor.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:38 PM   #659
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post
Well now I'm just interested in what the Bulls are going to do in the off season.
http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2...nt-offer-sheet

Very unlikely with the amount of money he would be leaving going to a different team...but itd be pretty awesome for us Laker fans.

Excited for the draft and next season.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:37 PM   #660
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Congrats to Mark Jackson and Mike D'Antoni on their contributions to this championship for the Warriors. Well deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post
Well...Jimmy is probably not going to leave. The whole "I'm down for a short term deal with the Lakers" thing is just an agent move to get the organization on their heels.

Regardless of what the new coach is planning on implementing, I think the Bulls should bolster their bench.
Closed Thread