Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:34 PM   #631
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
whats that silver collar on the front?

looks like it limits by a lot, how low you can go.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #632
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
I got to drive the 6 and the 4t at dodger stadium last month great car.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #633
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
its the swaybar mount, we will revise that to be integrated into the lower mount later
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #634
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what's the extra yellow spring for?
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #635
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
for the coil over damper setup we tested in the rear
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:40 AM   #636
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
dan... that orange screams Ksports... wtf bro

shit looks good tho.... i know you'll make it hot... i love these things
Old 10-07-2009, 12:45 AM   #637
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
very impressive dan. i was about to say, there is something horribly wrong with that mount and the PBM super dumpdedness style lol. after the multilink is designed to properly align. so, drift/track testing between each modification/development?

i would love to have your job.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:12 AM   #638
325irollin
Zilvia Member

325irollin is an unknown quantity at this point
My dad did C4C and bought one. It's fun to drive, pretty quick.
325irollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #639
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Lol I didnt think about that, I dont really concern myself with them. We need some way to differentiate the version 2 coilovers so we swapped which parts are orange and yellow.

The real problems with being dumped are with the rear in this car, I dont even have all of the threads used in the front with that bracket, we even raised it after the photo to match the back. Would be nice to drift inbetween each change but I need a proper 2 way diff to do that, cant seem to find one in the USA at the moment. Besides this is my DD.

Agreed, its a great car!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #640
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
What diff does Millen use?
Old 10-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #641
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Wow! great to finally see some prototype coils! any ideas on estimated cost for a set of coilovers? hopefully not an arm and leg like the JRZ engineering suspension billy brooks has on his car.
Any Ideas for the rear multi-link?
its a PITA as soon as you begin playing with ride height, on stock arms at least, very finnicky design.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #642
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Rhys has a quick change rear end

I have no idea on cost of the coilovers, its likely to be a long time till these are out & I know.

Camber eccentric bolts are maxed. Any lower than the car sits now, and the rear lower camber arm or all the upper arms will need to be changed.
I have not seen the limit of the stock toe arm though, that has pretty good adjustability.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #643
thrax
Leaky Injector

thrax is an unknown quantity at this point
Canadians can get performance parts from Hyundai's performance outlet at Hyundai - Performance Parts - Pièces de performance. According to AutoTrader magazine it is covered under warranty.

That would be a good thing for those who are reluctant to void the warranty.
thrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #644
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I switched to 6KG in the rear today, 8/6 is the perfect balance between front and back for sports and daily driving depending on the damper setting. There is something about this stiff chassis & geometry that makes the extra weight disappear from handling and suspension feel.

having 8 in the back around crazy roads in town was like having no suspension at all back there (even with a softer damping setting), 6 is quite a bit less harsh. 6KG Reintroduces some roll at softer damper settings but that can be quickly adjusted out with the twist of the damper knob.

Remember this is in regards to coil over damper only and would not apply to an OEM positioned spring
Old 10-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #645
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i wonder if we will be seeing sone hyundai SUPER GT participation in the near future....
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #646
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

that would be interesting.

I was struggling to realize why a car that is 600-900 pounds heavier than the other cars I am used to tuning feels so damn stiff with 2KG less spring rates front and rear, and then it dawned on me when I was searching for the weight balance specs again, if this thing is 24% stiffer than the E46 BMW M3 then it must be 100% stiffer than a 20 year old S13 240sx Chassis.

The absorption of the older chassis kills the suspensoion response, and the reverse effect happens with the GC.

In addition the new bushings in every multilink end joint on this car have a great deal of tension which is really obvious once you take this thing apart and put it back together. Remember to tighten the bolts with a jack under the knuckle setting the wheel height to its desired position before tightening the multilink/lower arm so that bushing tension is at a neutral position when the car's weight is on the suspension.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #647
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I had a little speed contest with my friends 04 350z with exhaust versus my stock genesis 3.8, and it was the most even drag race through the gears ever. just dead even.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:27 AM   #648
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
if life wasn't so good w/o having a car payment i'd sell my s14 and get me the turbo-4.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:45 AM   #649
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

wannabdr1ftr is an unknown quantity at this point
im just waiting on the R spec to come out and im going to get it...ive decided and its what i need in my life right now
Old 10-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #650
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Yes R spec is definately the way to go, I am banking on that also. its supposed to be hitting the dealerships late this month or NOV according to the "word" on the street, but who really knows.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:17 PM   #651
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Who even knows if the R-spec is even going to be released?
Are there even any confirmations from reputable sources?

Regardless, the base model at 22k is the best deal so far.
The lease special ain't too bad either at 1700-ish down and 250/month for 36 months.
kinda meaningless to lease if you're going to mod,
but I'm sure it wouldn't make a poor daily either.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #652
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

the R spec is being released 100%, trust me.... lol
Old 10-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #653
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
According to the Genesis forums, they are at the ports.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:41 PM   #654
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Who even knows if the R-spec is even going to be released?
Are there even any confirmations from reputable sources?

Regardless, the base model at 22k is the best deal so far.
The lease special ain't too bad either at 1700-ish down and 250/month for 36 months.
kinda meaningless to lease if you're going to mod,
but I'm sure it wouldn't make a poor daily either.
you could always option to buy at the end of the lease, but still at that point you might as well have bought the damn car if you were going to lease to begin with.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #655
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

even if you got OEM 19's you should still change them

I tried 19x10+22 RPF01 enkei in the back yesterday, fits with no roll if dumped on a stretched tire but the scale still looks like 17's on a scion ~ you cant tell they are 19's unless you read the tire.

Maybe 19/20 stagger is good
Old 10-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #656
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post

I tried 19x10+22 RPF01 enkei in the back yesterday, fits with no roll if dumped on a stretched tire but the scale still looks like 17's on a scion ~ you cant tell they are 19's unless you read the tire.

We (Savini Forged Wheels) just did a set for Hennessey's "700hp" Genesis Coupe for SEMA, they wanted to keep OEM tires so we went 19x8.5 +15 and 19x10 +20. How big do you think you could go in the back with a 20"?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #657
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Here's a rendering of RM460 for SEMA. I like the front fascia.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #658
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I saw a Genesis Sedan for the first time, it looks good in black...but it bothers me that it looks like an imitation Mercedes in the front and a imitation BMW in the back.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #659
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
that rendering improves on the original, but they still have all those awful creases bunching up in the middle. It looks like they could eliminate the outside creases (coming from the bottom of the headlights) without screwing up any of the lines. Would look much less busy and constipated.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:27 PM   #660
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Here's a rendering of RM460 for SEMA. I like the front fascia.
This is America, we say bumper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post

I was thinking 20/22 would probably fill the wheel wells better considering the OE 19inch tire size.