Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #6601
kolson

Trader Rating: (0)
kolson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i know this might be dumb but i want'ed some opinion's first, has anyone tried an sk2 front end conversion yet? i've seen a ton of conversions but no s2000 and wanted to know what you guys thought before i even thought more of it
kolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #6602
Mesarina
Zilvia Member

Mesarina is an unknown quantity at this point
is this normal? The pad sticking out too much with spacers to put 350z track rotors on a s13?

Mesarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #6603
Origin
Zilvia Member

Origin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmjap808 View Post
A hotpipe is for turbo cars. its the ic pipe from the turbo to the intercooler which may or may not have a bov
That's good to know, I'm told for a sr20 swap the vacuum signal line must run from there to the wastegate.
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #6604
jdmjap808
Leaky Injector

jdmjap808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well the vac line goes from the waste gate to a nipple on the throttle body. But look it up on google for better directions on the right place to put it. Google saved me from making a lot of mistakes..
jdmjap808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #6605
Origin
Zilvia Member

Wow, read the link someone just posted me before.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #6606
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolson View Post
i know this might be dumb but i want'ed some opinion's first, has anyone tried an sk2 front end conversion yet? i've seen a ton of conversions but no s2000 and wanted to know what you guys thought before i even thought more of it
Old 06-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #6607
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmjap808 View Post
I got ngk bkr7e-11's for my sr gapped at .47. Is this the right gap size for 14lbs?
no, drop that down to .025 to .030

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #6608
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
S14 with S13 SR engine.

Which OEM Fan Shroud for the clutch fan should I get. Engine Match or Body match??
Old 06-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #6609
KA-T Hatch
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
KA-T Hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need some help with alignment/suspension stuff.
I have coilovers w/ a camber kit in the rear. I just need to clerify some things.
How do I adjust the camber in the rear. I have the driver side at -5 and the passenger side at -3. I have a blown coilover in the front on the passenger side which has thrown my alignment off. I know that I need a camber kit in the front, but is that just two adjustable bolts that I can get for $25/each?
KA-T Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:45 PM   #6610
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesarina View Post
is this normal? The pad sticking out too much with spacers to put 350z track rotors on a s13?

Most of the Cobra/G35/Z33 rotor conversion brackets have this issue...however that is REALLY large overhang. Mine was roughly 1/16th of an inch at most.

With a larger oerhang like that, you're going to have some noisy brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA-T Hatch View Post
Need some help with alignment/suspension stuff.
I have coilovers w/ a camber kit in the rear. I just need to clerify some things.
How do I adjust the camber in the rear. I have the driver side at -5 and the passenger side at -3. I have a blown coilover in the front on the passenger side which has thrown my alignment off. I know that I need a camber kit in the front, but is that just two adjustable bolts that I can get for $25/each?
To adjust camber in the rear, you're going to need to use the factory eccentric bolts on the upper control arms. Your best bet would be to buy a replacement set of aftermarket ones. ISIS and Godspeed make entry level ones that will work for you.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 06-25-2011, 11:05 PM   #6611
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
S14 with S13 SR engine.

Which OEM Fan Shroud for the clutch fan should I get. Engine Match or Body match??
i would most likely say go with body match for mounting points and then trim to fit engine

but isn't it radiator specific?
Old 06-26-2011, 12:09 AM   #6612
boatboytm

boatboytm is an unknown quantity at this point
transmission

if my transmission is leaking would that mean I would have to buy a whole new transmission. I bought the car from my friend and he said it wasn't leaking before
boatboytm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:13 AM   #6613
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatboytm View Post
if my transmission is leaking would that mean I would have to buy a whole new transmission. I bought the car from my friend and he said it wasn't leaking before
No, you'd just need to fix the leak/seal

Old 06-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #6614
Steinkrunk
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Steinkrunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
are you sure it's your trany leaking? What color is the fluid? If it is in fact trany fluid you could just replace the seal that's leaking and that would fix the issue. If it's motor oil it could be your rear main seal or valve cover. Sometimes both of those end up running down the trany and make it look like a trany leak.
Steinkrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:18 AM   #6615
Mesarina
Zilvia Member

Mesarina is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Most of the Cobra/G35/Z33 rotor conversion brackets have this issue...however that is REALLY large overhang. Mine was roughly 1/16th of an inch at most.

With a larger oerhang like that, you're going to have some noisy brakes.
Well, I took it for a "spirited drive" and actually, the noise from the hawk pads went away, I should be because of the slots... tomorrow Im racing, so hopefully it will brake better with less pad surface but more leverage... Ill chime in my review... Thanks
Mesarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:20 AM   #6616
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Well, I took it for a "spirited drive" and actually, the noise from the hawk pads went away, I should be because of the slots... tomorrow Im racing, so hopefully it will brake better with less pad surface but more leverage... Ill chime in my review... Thanks
The slotted rotor isn't going tomake any difference on noise/squeling...the only thing those rotors will do are chew down your pads.

What compound are you using as well? May take a while to bed the new compound into the rotors as well before they squeak.

And your 'swept area' is what is increasing, not your hydraulic leverage.

Again, I used this setup for 2-3 years, worked great for me. Problem is the cost of good rotors is crazy nigh, and the pad selection (at least in good compound) is expensive as well.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #6617
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I got my greddy intelligent informeter today and I'm having some issues.

The car is a OBD2 1997 S14

When trying to hook it up to the OBD2 port I get communication error, and when using the nissan consult plug it hooks up, but doesnt read any incoming values. (IE: everything is blank.)

Anyone who has used this unit have any advice?
Old 06-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #6618
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
S14 with S13 SR engine.

S14SR shroud. You have to match the Radiator AND the Engine.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #6619
bluuuurr
Leaky Injector

bluuuurr is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know who forges JIC Magic wheels? I'm assuming their made for JIC by someone else..
bluuuurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #6620
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point

What front bumper is this? Can anyone link me to the whole kit? Thanks!
SaNTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #6621
Origin
Zilvia Member

Is it really necessary to have a BOV with an sr20 swap?
Old 06-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #6622
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
are those s14/z32 calipers or are they r33 or somethine else?
Old 06-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #6623
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNTi View Post
What front bumper is this? Can anyone link me to the whole kit? Thanks!
POst in the 'identify this' thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin View Post
Is it really necessary to have a BOV with an sr20 swap?
Technically no. Eventually the turbo will surge itself to death though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
are those s14/z32 calipers or are they r33 or somethine else?
Z32 calipers with 13" cobra rotor

Old 06-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #6624
Origin
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Technically no. Eventually the turbo will surge itself to death though.
I should have entered more. I meant an atmospheric one. I want a sleeper. I assume stock it has one just recirculated?
Old 06-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #6625
dillardkid121
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
dillardkid121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I found a set of Work emotion XD9s for a great deal. They are 17x7.5 +42 offset. Is it worth it for my S13 or is the offset to crazy?
dillardkid121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #6626
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin View Post
I should have entered more. I meant an atmospheric one. I want a sleeper. I assume stock it has one just recirculated?
If you want a sleeper, you will not want an atmospheric BOV no matter what the car. With that said, you should recirculate the BOV at all times on a MAF car, especially on your Nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillardkid121 View Post
I found a set of Work emotion XD9s for a great deal. They are 17x7.5 +42 offset. Is it worth it for my S13 or is the offset to crazy?
Those are way to small, and the offset is kinda weak. I'd say let the deal go, as they'd look better on something else.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:45 PM   #6627
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
cluster is acting weird..... i know speedo dont work cuz it wont read actual speed... it only reads 2 spots... at 0mph and 40mph... it jumps randomly... my tach as well.... are these signs of VSS or cluster going bad or is it something else??
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:07 AM   #6628
codyace
Post Whore!

I'd venture to say it's the cluster more than anything, as if the tach reads funny, and the VSS reads funny...both of those are sourced from seperate sources.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:12 AM   #6629
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
I'd venture to say it's the cluster more than anything, as if the tach reads funny, and the VSS reads funny...both of those are sourced from seperate sources.
thank you sir... +1 for a helpful dude
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:15 AM   #6630
Schassis707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
Schassis707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
So i have a quic random probably really stupid question but, here it goes.

So im about to do my j30 brakes and was wondering, Would the stock front s13 brakes work in the rear? would a custom bracket be needed to work?
Schassis707 is offline   Reply With Quote