Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #661
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
What's the width on that wing?

I think it looks good. Seems to have a good airfoil shape from the pics. You tried playing with the angle of attack at all? Big seat of the pants feel?

I'm currently wingless... mulling it over in my mind if it's a big difference in feel.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2009, 12:19 AM   #662
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
its a huge difference

i've never had a wing

but they tested them with different angles in an option video and you can literally watch the difference in the guys runs
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:06 AM   #663
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
you can't spell GreaT with out GT WING
Old 04-23-2009, 08:28 AM   #664
TheRonTom31
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
TheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheRonTom31
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
you can't spell GreaT with out GT WING
thats GreaT
TheRonTom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #665
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
ummm yeah, i miss my cars a lot

did some work on the s13 gauge cluster setup

this should be the final product

did the gauge cuts but haven't placed the defi controller or volt readout..

its 1/4" acrylic that will be wrapped in 2-way stretch black suede, should look pretty spicey. the LED voltage readout is green to match defi gauges lit up

and i got to drive aubre's car on sunday after we put on the new ma knuckles and front susp. stuff along with tomei manifold, pretty damn quick for stock boost on a 28r!

car feels pretty damn good and the angle is hilarious, once again, thanks to MA-MOTORSPORTS!!!

...ls1 teardown and rebuild coming very soon
Old 04-28-2009, 09:23 PM   #666
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
So what's the width on the S13's wing? Just trying to get a sense for what it takes to fill out the available area beyond holding a tape measure up there.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:38 PM   #667
Johny5
Post Whore!

Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
the deck i'm trying on at this point in time is 1750mm wide d-drug

got the cluster all finished!

gonna wrap it up in suede and toss it in hopefully sometime this weekend!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #668
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
stu I feel like you got to pick every good genetic trait on the perfect woman and the first time you fucked her turns out she had a bad vagina.

I wish you luck getting this piece of shit back together my man lol.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:23 PM   #669
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
clear...... WTF?
Old 04-28-2009, 11:49 PM   #670
onepuff
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
onepuff is on the path to ruinonepuff is on the path to ruinonepuff is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
He said he's gonna wrap it in suede
onepuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:36 AM   #671
Johny5
Post Whore!

finally finished

off to go pull the ls1, ta-ta!
Old 05-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #672
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
i liked the clear.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #673
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny5 View Post
finally finished

off to go pull the ls1, ta-ta!
Damn, looks awesome! Definitely cooler than straight aluminum.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #674
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
needs more viceroy.. velvet instead of seude

maybe add holders for wine and shrimp too
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #675
Johny5
Post Whore!

ok, good and bad. the good...

exedy is alive and kicking! looks new and surface material is 100%, my last one must've just been defective (thanks again brian 500hp zombie wilkerson for all of your help with that ordeal)

finally finished this ordeal, i love it, looks great! voltage works as well

the bad...

elongated pushrod path (possibly from the bent oem pushrod we pulled out of motor originally)

however, all the new manley pushrods were straight still

hg had a leak on just one cylinder, small amounts of coolant had gotten in with zero smoke from exhaust or milky oil/etc.

its the 2nd from left iirc

the cam is still nice and good, only super barely slight hazy normal valvetrain contact patch

the crank, haha, ohhh the crank.

rods/pistons/arp rod bolts/crank/all bearings, trash

the mains weren't BAD, probably just normal 70k wear plus a lot of redline at the end

this rod bearing melted on, it only had 1 run on it..ever

odd, haha

so much metal dripping down the cylinder walls

we suspect bearing material made its way into oil pump as well, via looking down in there haha

motor needs to be bored, needs new crank, all new bearings, new pistons, new rods, new oil pump, new main bolts

thats just in the bottom end, oh brother. time to bring her back to life machien shop today hopefully!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #676
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I've been following your build on ziptied.

what is a furreal
Old 05-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #677
HS13KLS
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
HS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
2 sexy garage toys

HAHHA oh shit.

thats me in the middle.

man!!!! i havent been on zilvia in a while.
and im sure this has already been said a few times.
but you are so dope!!

i cant believe you fixed your motor on the track. and then had it ready for one more run!!

this thing is nuts in person! i need to drive to texas..

btw if you didnt remember. i was the guy with the black coupe. stockish looking. with the KA
HS13KLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #678
Johny5
Post Whore!

of course i remember it was very nice meeting you! (dug the car btw! nice driving!!)
Old 05-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #679
HS13KLS
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
HS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^

haha thanks man! i wish we couldve seen that car drive some more..

is t-russel and/or tcox on this forum?

i was goign to ship some vinyls out for you guys!

and not to get this off topic. but i got 6th out of 32 at my last event. haha i am just trying to be like you.

HS13KLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #680
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Nutswingers aside, that motor is T>O>A>S>T ... toast.

Kinda depressing to see, especially because 70k isn't all that much on a non-high-compression street motor... and that's A LOT of material to find floating around everywhere.

Nice that you have the funds to rebuild it right though, can't wait to see some more vids.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 05-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #681
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
what do you say Stew

10.0:1
8k limiter
500whp
500ftlbs

do it

315's they are calling you
Old 05-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #682
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
what do you say Stew

10.0:1
8k limiter
500whp
500ftlbs

do it

315's they are calling you
10:1 is for turbos

13.5:1 8.2L

king of all LSx.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #683
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants View Post
10:1 is for turbos

13.5:1 8.2L

king of all LSx.
Yeah, a C6 Z06 I saw at A&A in Oxnard (famous Vette shop, apparently) was 12.8:1, forged internals, big cam, full ti valvetrain, made 560whp @ 6800rpm IIRC. 540ft lbs.

Pump gas, N/A. But big $$$.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #684
Johny5
Post Whore!

local lsx making 850ish wheel NA spinning to 8300rpm on pump. king of lsx
Old 05-19-2009, 01:58 AM   #685
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny5 View Post
local lsx making 850ish wheel NA spinning to 8300rpm on pump. king of lsx
I guess you have dyno queens in TX too.

What're your plans with the motor? Stay N/A, go high rev? Boost, keep a meaty powerband? The people want to know.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:52 AM   #686
Johny5
Post Whore!

no no, not a dyno queen. that car holds a lot of track records as well...unfortunately just 1/4 mile though :\

i was gonna wait on this but here we go...

ls1 comes back this week with fresh eagle h-beams, probe high compression pistons, arp mains, arp 7/16 rod bolts, another melling high pressure oil pump, MLS headgaskets, arp headbolts, all blueprinted and balanced for peace of mind.

for the time being, its gonna jsut be super reliable bottom end at 6800 rpm. when i can afford it...stage 4 drysump and 7500+ rpm.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #687
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
I guess you have dyno queens in TX too.

What're your plans with the motor? Stay N/A, go high rev? Boost, keep a meaty powerband? The people want to know.
only the supras in TX are dyno queens and princess ... all the other folks drive there 1200whp vipers and etc...
Old 05-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #688
tylerrussell
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
tylerrussell is making a name for him/her selftylerrussell is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tylerrussell
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS13KLS View Post
is t-russel on this forum?
im right here
tylerrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #689
Johny5
Post Whore!

hey theres tyler!
Old 05-21-2009, 08:49 AM   #690
tylerrussell
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
tylerrussell is making a name for him/her selftylerrussell is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tylerrussell
when you gonna slap a sweet short shifter in this stew?

actually, no joke, Matt Davis and I agree with the pro 5.0 idea...your stock t56 shifter sucks man....
tylerrussell is offline   Reply With Quote