Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #661
sub9lulu
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
sub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
the R spec is being released 100%, trust me.... lol
Quote:
The Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec, which we've been eagerly awaiting since the launch of the 2010 Genesis Coupe, will debut at SEMA and, more importantly, is now arriving at dealerships.

The tuner-friendly R-Spec deletes all the convenience features we don't want or need, giving drivers a lighter, less expensive vehicle ($23,750 MSRP). It also features the Track model perfomance equipment, such as a tuned suspension, 19-inch alloy wheels with summer tires, Brembo brakes, and a Torsen LSD. It also gets a set of front strut camber adjustment bolts.

And, of course, it only comes with a six-speed manual transmission. See? Hyundai gets it.

Scroll down for the official press release.

production R-Spec to Debut at the 2009 SEMA Show in Las Vegas

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., oct. 27, 2009 - The Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec, the perfect blank canvas for tuners, priced at $23,750 is beginning to arrive at dealerships across the country. R-Spec takes the core performance equipment from the 2.0T Track model and eliminates non-essential convenience equipment to reduce both cost and weight. The Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec - the first production R-Spec model to arrive in the U.S. - will make its world debut at the Hyundai booth at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in the Las Vegas Convention Center from November 3 - 6 (Booth # 24387).

The R-Spec allows enthusiasts to tune their own car to their desired specifications. R-Spec provides genuine track-readiness and powertrain scalability in an affordable model.

The R-Spec adds core Track model performance equipment to the most affordable 2.0T model, such as: Track-tuned suspension, 19-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels with performance Summer tires, Brembo® braking system, Torsen® limited-slip differential and R-Spec badging.

In a special nod to tuners, R-Spec will also receive a set of front strut camber adjustment bolts (dealer installation - optional for customer to install) to further enhance initial turn-in and handling response. To reduce both cost and weight, the R-Spec eliminates some non-essential convenience equipment such as: Bluetooth®, automatic headlights, cruise control, trip computer, chrome interior accents and steering wheel audio controls. Genesis Coupe R-Spec is priced $3,000 less than the 2.0T Track model, leaving tuners with extra cash for their own choice of aftermarket performance upgrades. Appropriately, R-Spec will be available in three exteriors colors most common among international racing teams: Karussell White, Bathurst Black and Tsukuba Red. R-Spec comes with manual transmission only.

R-Spec equipment includes:
· 2.0-liter low-pressure turbocharged intercooled four-cylinder engine with dual continuously variable valve timing delivering 210 hp, 30 mpg EPA highway rating and a top speed of 137 mph

· 6-speed close-ratio manual transmission
· Electronic Stability Control with Traction control, ABS, Electronic Brake-Force Distribution and Brake Assist
· 19-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels with staggered-width high-performance summer-compound Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires (225/40YR19 front, 245/40YR19 rear)

· Brembo® braking system with 13.4-inch ventilated front rotors, 42mm four-piston fixed front calipers (red), 13.0-inch ventilated rear rotors, 32mm+28mm four-piston fixed rear calipers (red)
· Track-tuned suspension (higher-rate coil springs, higher-control shock absorbers, 25mm front stabilizer bar, 22mm rear stabilizer bar, front strut brace)

· Torsen-type limited-slip differential
· R-Spec badging
· Tire Pressure Monitoring System
· Front, side, side curtain air bags
· Active front head restraints
· Driver's lumbar support

· Air conditioning
· Remote keyless entry system

· Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
· Power windows (one-touch up and down), door locks and mirrors

· AM/FM/XM/CD/MP3 audio system with six speakers
· iPod/USB/Aux jack connectivity
· Projector beam headlamps
· Lightweight temporary spare with aluminum wheel (T135/80D18)
· Note: Automatic transmission not available with R-Spec
2010 Genesis Coupe Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Pricing
Model Engine Transmission MSRP
2.0T 2.0L Turbo 4-cyl Six-Speed M/T $22,000
2.0T 2.0L Turbo 4-cyl Five-Speed A/T SHIFTRONIC® $23,250
2.0T R-Spec 2.0L Turbo 4-cyl Six-Speed M/T $23,750
2.0T Premium 2.0L Turbo 4-cyl Six-Speed M/T $24,250
2.0T Premium 2.0L Turbo 4-cyl Five-Speed A/T SHIFTRONIC® $25,500
2.0T Track 2.0L Turbo 4-cyl Six-Speed M/T $26,750
3.8 3.8L V6 Six-Speed M/T $25,000
3.8 3.8L V6 Six-Speed A/T SHIFTRONIC® $26,500
3.8 Grand Touring 3.8L V6 Six-Speed M/T $28,500
3.8 Grand Touring 3.8L V6 Six-Speed A/T SHIFTRONIC® $30,000
3.8 Track 3.8L V6 Six-Speed M/T $30,500
3.8 Track 3.8L V6 Six-Speed A/T SHIFTRONIC® $32,000
Freight charges for the 2010MY Genesis Coupe are $750 and are not included in the prices in this release.

WARRANTY The 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe is protected by the Hyundai Advantage, America's Best Warranty. Coverage includes five-year/60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper protection,
10-year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty, and seven-year/unlimited mileage anti-perforation coverage. In addition, Genesis Coupe buyers receive 24-hour roadside assistance coverage at no extra charge for five years (no mileage limit) and that service includes emergency towing, lockout service and limited coverage for trip-interruption expenses. There is no deductible on any of these coverages.
yes please

i'll take one
10yr / 100k warranty
sub9lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #662
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
This is America, we say bumper!

I was thinking 20/22 would probably fill the wheel wells better considering the OE 19inch tire size.
far too big, currently the widest you can go with out modifying the chassis 20x10, I have not seen any taller, but 22 is just too big imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub9lulu View Post
yes please

i'll take one
10yr / 100k warranty
expect to see them at your local dealer in 25-30 days. maybe sooner

Notice how they dont have the Rspec 3.8 lol
Old 10-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #663
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
I was thinking 20/22 would probably fill the wheel wells better considering the OE 19inch tire size.
20's are as big as you want to go, 22's are for suckers and lames. They weigh too much, and fender clearance is even worse than with 20's, plus tire selection kinda goes to crap. I don't think you'll ever see a real performance car with bigger than 20" wheels.

I'm excited as hell to see RMR's finished Gencoupe at SEMA - I was talking to Conrad about his call from Rhys comparing progress, and it sounded like Rhys was going to have to rush more than Conrad and Luke to get his car ready by the weekend lol.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:57 PM   #664
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
^ Seriously huh!
Old 10-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #665
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
That's stupid that they deleted the cruise control. I can't imagine that really saved all that much weight, and it makes such a difference on long interstate drives. Also, if they were really smart, the R-spec would ship with cheapo 16's on steelies, because wheels are pretty much always the first things customers replace. Save the customer a couple hundred bucks towards the wheels they are going to be buying anyway. The 19-inch alloys could be an option for those cutomers who aren't planning on replacing the wheels.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #666
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
That's stupid that they deleted the cruise control. I can't imagine that really saved all that much weight, and it makes such a difference on long interstate drives. Also, if they were really smart, the R-spec would ship with cheapo 16's on steelies, because wheels are pretty much always the first things customers replace. Save the customer a couple hundred bucks towards the wheels they are going to be buying anyway. The 19-inch alloys could be an option for those cutomers who aren't planning on replacing the wheels.
Yeah the CC part does kinda suck.

I agree on the wheel point too. But for someone like me it's actually not bad. I'd want an extra set of wheels for auto X to put some nice tires on.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #667
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
the r-spec comes with HID's too if i remember...i was trying to build one on the hyundai site.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #668
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
SEMA 2009: The mid-engine RM460 Hyundai Genesis Coupe has landed — Autoblog
Old 11-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #669
thrax
Leaky Injector

thrax is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
That's a good point about putting on cheaper wheels. People in the snow belt and above often use the stock wheels for the slush and get better rims for summers anyway.
As for the cruise control, maybe they did it figuring that many "tuners" change the steering wheel anyways.
thrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #670
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection

that front bumper is a huge improvement over stock.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #671
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Quote:
. Also, if they were really smart, the R-spec would ship with cheapo 16's on steelies, because wheels are pretty much always the first things customers replace.
You ever think that those cheapo steelies migh not clear the brembo calipers. At the closets point there is 4.5mm of clearance from the front brakes(brembo) to the 19" front wheel. They could always make a steel wheel with a different offset/sizing to fit, but then we are going in the same direction again, spending more money, wether its the consumer or Hyundai.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #672
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
that front bumper is a huge improvement over stock.
Yes indeedey. Even though it makes the car look like it's happy as fuck!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #673
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Clean and simple.

SEMA 2009: Production Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec slips into SEMA — Autoblog

It's quite tempting to buy too.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #674
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post

extremely tempting but... ill wait for the 3.8..... but maybe not. LOL
Old 11-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #675
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
$23,750 seems almost too good to be true.
$22,000 is the cost of the base 2.0.
So for less than $2k, you're getting brembos, sport suspension, 19" wheels, helical diff, & maybe some other stuff.

They ought to have released this from the start.

With a base price of $23,750 the R-Spec is basically a 2.0T Track model with a few options deleted. It still has the track-tuned suspension, 19-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels with performance summer tires, Brembo brakes and Torsen limited-slip differential, but it also gets front strut camber adjustment bolts to sharpen initial turn-in and overall responsiveness. The best thing about the R-Spec is the fact that it's showing up in dealerships across the country as we speak.

As of 11/04/09 5pm pst, I see no info of the R-spec trim on Hyundai's NA website.
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/Ge...g/pricing.aspx
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #676
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

For those local to OC, Irvine Hyundai(tuttle) is having a Genesis meet on Sunday 11/08/09.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #677
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Does anyone have a feeling that this car will bring in quite the amount of d-bag fanboys? I know they are everywhere, but some car owners get labeled as such because of the majority of the owners.

Anyways, this Greddy setup is nice and clean....

More pics: Sema 2009 Hyundai Genesis Coupes By Greddy And Road Race — Autoblog
Old 11-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #678
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
wow, so wierd seing the intake manifold on the other side. but i agree that is one nice set up.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #679
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Does anyone have a feeling that this car will bring in quite the amount of d-bag fanboys? I know they are everywhere, but some car owners get labeled as such because of the majority of the owners.
i agree, but the ones i seen for the most part are owned by women
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #680
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Does anyone have a feeling that this car will bring in quite the amount of d-bag fanboys?
Yes, of course. If its this cheap NEW imagine in 2 years when its used. Its going to be the next Neon SRT-4. Just comes with territory, can't have it all.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #681
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
The RMR Genesis is so nice ..

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:00 AM   #682
Omarius Maximus
Zilvia Junkie

Omarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Yes, of course. If its this cheap NEW imagine in 2 years when its used. Its going to be the next Neon SRT-4. Just comes with territory, can't have it all.
No it won't. The neon was/is a fast car. The genesis 2.0t is a dog...you need to spend big money to get it on par with it's 3.8 counterpart...and even then, a V6 camry will be a driver's race.

The problem is the weight. It's a 1st gen G35 curb weight coupled with an anemic 2.0 turbo motor.
Omarius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #683
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not talking about the people that bought them that actually had a clue, I'm talking about the idiot SRT-4 owners who flocked from their Hondas to go rice them out. They just removed the catalytic and got a big BOV so they can redline at every light. You think these same people wont jump on this new cheap turbo car? Especially when it drops in value in a few years. Please....
Old 11-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #684
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Who can say in a couple years?

I don't think it's going to be any more popular than say the wrx, and the usual suspects.
the used car market is just so saturated with cheaper fast cars now.
I'm hoping they do not, for the sake of cheaper insurance rates & less theft if nothing else.

ricers either want something that looks good and/or something that goes fast in the straights.
I doubt they will care it's rwd, but that's just my speculation.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #685
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Quote:

Anyways, this Greddy setup is nice and clean....

More pics: Sema 2009 Hyundai Genesis Coupes By Greddy And Road Race — Autoblog
Yes I also like that setup, clean and simple, Td05 IRC. I am curious as to what they used for tuning, or Fuel system???
Old 11-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #686
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Yes I also like that setup, clean and simple, Td05 IRC. I am curious as to what they used for tuning, or Fuel system???
Well its a greddy kit im sure they used the greddy piggyback.
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #687
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
Quote:

i feel like this car is the new dbag magnet, too bad because it's a pretty sweet platform.
coreansurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #688
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
i feel like this car is the new dbag magnet, too bad because it's a pretty sweet platform.
Who fuckin cares?
Old 11-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #689
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

lol every cool car is a D-bag magnet.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #690
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
Quote:
lol every cool car is a D-bag magnet.

true but this is an affordable dbag magnet
coreansurfer is offline   Reply With Quote