Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #661
JoeC1982
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
JoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
we sell more 2.5's but you can get a V6/6 speed for under $27k i think if you don't get the premium package with bose, leather, and sunroof. plus the fact that nissan offers cash back and is more willing to haggle you could probably score one for $25k if you waited until the 09's start rolling in.

My feedback: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=169481
JoeC1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #662
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
s16 might be gay, ie fwd

:ghey: :ghey: :ghey:

Quote:
When the 2010 Nissan 370Z finally bows later this year or early in 2009, it will be skewed a little closer to the GT-R than the outgoing 350Z. Not only will this make the all-new car a more performance-minded vehicle, but it will also clear the way for a new entry-level Nissan-badged sports car.

While the overall shape of the 350Z will remain, the 370Z will essentially be an entirely new vehicle. The most obvious change will be the bump in displacement from 3.5L to 3.7L — a change that should result in at least 330 horsepower.

But under the surface, the 370Z will actually be riding on an all-new platform. Nissan will be swapping the 350Z's FM platform to a new E global platform that already underpins the majority of the Infiniti range.

To further bump the 370Z upscale, it's quite possible that Nissan engineers will equip the car with the same dual-clutch, seven-speed transmission found in the GT-R, according to Car and Driver.

These changes should clear the way for an entry-level sports car, but the new car might not be exactly what enthusiasts are looking for. While previous rumors had the car pegged as a rear-wheel drive 240SX replacement, Nissan officials have revealed to Car and Driver that they are actually eying a front-wheel drive model. Larry Dominique, Nissan North America vice president in charge of product planning and strategy, says the new model will do battle with the likes of the Mazda MX-5, Saturn Sky and Pontiac Solstice, but we have a hard time believing a front-driver will be able to keep up with those rear-drive vehicles.

-Left Lane News
Baka Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #663
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Dude...WTF WHY?!? BECAUSE IT'S CHEAPER?

Seriously, why is fwd so easily chosen in smaller cars now days?
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:27 PM   #664
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
that would be fail town

even toyota is gettin down with rwd
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:33 PM   #665
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Dominique, Nissan North America vice president in charge of product planning and strategy View Post
the new model will do battle with the likes of the Mazda MX-5, Saturn Sky and Pontiac Solstice, but we have a hard time believing a front-driver will be able to keep up with those rear-drive vehicles.
it will do battle with those vehicles, about the same as the mercury capri did battle with the Miata in the early '90s. and it will surely have low sales and get canceled in the same way.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #666
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
FWD! How is that logical? Theres already the 2dr Altima. Isn't that like seriously overlapping? Why not bring back the 2dr Sentra SE-R if they where gonna do that shit. They better not badge it a Silvia/S16/or whatever then....
Old 06-02-2008, 09:42 PM   #667
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
it would make sense

why would they throw away all that money in that c-platform rocking altima coupe?

i remember corporates little motto when they released the altima coupe

"we engineer'd out the torque steer"
Old 06-02-2008, 09:51 PM   #668
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe they're planning to use Renault's Laguna coupe for the platform (its FF)
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-...-coupe/823178/
Old 06-02-2008, 09:55 PM   #669
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
The above is pure speculation and Carlos Ghosn has more say than Larry Dominique. I do not think Ghosn would so easily turn his back on the legions of Silvia lovers he knows are out there. I also think Car and Driver is full of shit as well as Left lane news. Its not like Left lane news is considered to be a reputable reporting agency on trends in the automotive business. In fact they are rather new to all of this.

Hell they even got the gearing of the GTR transmission wrong its a 6 speed dual clutch paddle shifter semi auto. Not 7 speed. How can you trust anyone that gets that basic simple known fact wrong.
Plus that report flies straight in the face of all the other reported stuff about the new Z. Nissan would not want to move it closer to the GTR because then it would be too expensive.
That report is like Silly Season in F1! When all this stupid crazy speculation flies around being spouted by people and none of it is rooted in truth.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #670
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
^ I hope youre right but dont be surprised if youre not. We'll know for sure in about a year or so.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #671
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Sama View Post
^ I hope youre right but dont be surprised if youre not. We'll know for sure in about a year or so.
Well see, I don't care in the end because I would rather own a Z. All the renderings of the Silvia have not looked all that appealing to me.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:18 PM   #672
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
somehow i seriously think nissan would totally FUK UP and bring out a FWD competitor for the genesis coupe, celica revival, solstice/sky and the BMW 1 series

i wouldnt worry too much guys...i REALLY dont think nissan is going to fuk this one up...they have WAY too much riding on the revival of the silvia to make it a FWD FAILURE

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #673
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
btw...nissan already has an entry level sports coupe thats FWD...its called the altima coupe

Old 06-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #674
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Last I heard Toyota doesnt have a celica revival. Subabru is the only company thats gonna make the rwd sport coupe. 1 series is out of range price wise.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #675
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
btw...nissan already has an entry level sports coupe thats FWD...its called the altima coupe
Spoken for truth it would be very redundant on Nissans part to bring out another one. Oh and this just proves Left lane news is not crediable. Between the fact that they got the gear number wrong on the GTR and they completely missed the fact of the Altima coupe. Which is actually starting to sell pretty well I might add

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 06-03-2008, 01:33 AM   #676
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
i will not buy an altima so hope me god........... i'd rather buy a tsx..
boring if the lower model goes fwd...
Old 06-03-2008, 06:39 AM   #677
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Spoken for truth it would be very redundant on Nissans part to bring out another one. Oh and this just proves Left lane news is not crediable. Between the fact that they got the gear number wrong on the GTR and they completely missed the fact of the Altima coupe. Which is actually starting to sell pretty well I might add
Yeah, I'm really thinking about getting one as a daily in the near-ish future...the 3.5 model of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitexsound View Post
i will not buy an altima so hope me god........... i'd rather buy a tsx..
boring if the lower model goes fwd...
Is the altima coupe really that bad to you? lol besides being FWD.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:20 AM   #678
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
Last I heard Toyota doesnt have a celica revival.

THANK FUCKING GOD.

i'm sorry but after working for toyota i can honestly say ALL celicas are piles of shit.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:21 AM   #679
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I can see Nissan making such car and calling it a Sentra coupe or 250S

Remember the FWD 200SX? It could be a revival of that car and compete with the Civic Si and MazdaSpeed 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay View Post
Is the altima coupe really that bad to you? lol besides being FWD.

The more I look at it...the less appealing the car is..compared to say an Accord coupe.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:09 AM   #680
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I do NOT see this happening. DorkiDori and Driftfreaq have pretty much summed up my thoughts on this.

The Altima coupe is the #1 reason this won't happen. The Urge concept is the #2 reason it will be RWD.

Guys, we really need to take all this speculation with a HUGE grain of salt over the next 6 months.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:19 AM   #681
02BRB20
Zilvia Member

02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Last I heard Toyota doesnt have a celica revival. Subabru is the only company thats gonna make the rwd sport coupe.
Toyota owns 10% of Subaru
02BRB20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:19 AM   #682
Neejay
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I do NOT see this happening. DorkiDori and Driftfreaq have pretty much summed up my thoughts on this.

The Altima coupe is the #1 reason this won't happen. The Urge concept is the #2 reason it will be RWD.

Guys, we really need to take all this speculation with a HUGE grain of salt over the next 6 months.
Very good point.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:25 AM   #683
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

it seems alot of people who get involved in this thread arent reading it completely (or missing out on a lot of key points that have been brought up)

guys...i suggest if you wish to take part in this thread...you should really go back about 3-4 pages ago and read thru the info a few of us have taken the time to add...it helps present a MUCH better picture about where nissan stands in the RWD entry level coupe market game thingy

Old 06-03-2008, 08:29 AM   #684
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
it seems alot of people who get involved in this thread arent reading it completely (or missing out on a lot of key points that have been brought up)

guys...i suggest if you wish to take part in this thread...you should really go back about 3-4 pages ago and read thru the info a few of us have taken the time to add...it helps present a MUCH better picture about where nissan stands in the RWD entry level coupe market game thingy
I second that notion. Please read more of this thread.

Keep in mind fellas that this rumor comes from non other then the source that says the M3 is better then the GTR.

I think they'd rather have people think less of Nissan.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #685
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i read thru some of that HEAVILY opinionated article about the M3 vs GTR vs the Porsche...its REALLY lame

car and driver strikes me as a publication that doesnt always do their homework and simply takes the "trendy" BMW side of things

honestly...i would take what they say with a major grain of salt about the new S16...if nissan had given ANY hint about leaning tword a FWD replacement for the S16...japanese mags would be all over it and there would be rumors flying all over the place

nissan cannot afford an entry level sports coupe that is poised against its arch rival toyota to fail so badly...FWD is for honda sports coupes (given theyre the only japanese company who can produce a "sports" coupe or sedan thats FWD that can hold its own...take a look at how poorly the late model sentra SE-R failed)

and given the 370z will surely get a bump in price...and with infiniti planning a BMW 1 series fighter...the signs are pretty damn clear nissan wont make the new silvia FWD (why would they bring out a modified small RWD chassis for use in only ONE car...it would be a waste of money for nissan)

Old 06-03-2008, 10:06 AM   #686
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
i read thru some of that HEAVILY opinionated article about the M3 vs GTR vs the Porsche...its REALLY lame

car and driver strikes me as a publication that doesnt always do their homework and simply takes the "trendy" BMW side of things

honestly...i would take what they say with a major grain of salt about the new S16...if nissan had given ANY hint about leaning tword a FWD replacement for the S16...japanese mags would be all over it and there would be rumors flying all over the place

nissan cannot afford an entry level sports coupe that is poised against its arch rival toyota to fail so badly...FWD is for honda sports coupes (given theyre the only japanese company who can produce a "sports" coupe or sedan thats FWD that can hold its own...take a look at how poorly the late model sentra SE-R failed)

and given the 370z will surely get a bump in price...and with infiniti planning a BMW 1 series fighter...the signs are pretty damn clear nissan wont make the new silvia FWD (why would they bring out a modified small RWD chassis for use in only ONE car...it would be a waste of money for nissan)
I know. There are just WAY to many fingers already pointing at RWD. This FWD this is way off the mark IMO.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #687
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BRB20 View Post
Toyota owns 10% of Subaru
Yeh and from what I hear it will only be a Toyota in Japan. The subaru will only come here. So says many forums and blogs including club4ag.

As far as the s16 being fwd. I have read this entire thread before. And thats why I put "might". No one knows for sure. Sure all the speculation points it towards a rwd coupe as its always been. And I hope it turns out to be just that. But did never hurts to put a little information out there. Yes everything should be taken with a grain of salt, look how many rumors about the gtr were false.

dorkidori_s13 dont get your panties in a wad, its just a rumor, nothing more.

I also think uping the price of the 370z will be its demise. A new 350z is already expensive enough. I know they hve to make room for the new sports coupe but this is the wrong way to do it.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #688
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I still want to see a 2-dr Sentra SE-R...but I'm getting way off-topic with that thought.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:37 PM   #689
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
I still want to see a 2-dr Sentra SE-R...but I'm getting way off-topic with that thought.
Wouldn't you much prefer a RWD small Sedan from Infiniti?
Old 06-03-2008, 06:39 PM   #690
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Wouldn't you much prefer a RWD small Sedan from Infiniti?
No, sleek RWD hatch would be more fitting. Can't take away sales from other car's in the lineup.