Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #661
RastaS14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
RastaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've been keeping up with this build, very good stuff man. Top notch, fantastic build. Keep up the good work!
RastaS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #662
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Thanks..... bumping this as id like some more experienced v8 person input on this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
I decided to let them assemble the short block, i will do final assembly. Also the pistons will be calico coated on the skirts to match the worn factory graphite coating.

Stock clearances are as follows

Main
.0005 - .0012
Limit .0020

Rods
.0008 - .0018
Limit .0026

Being that he recommended the loose side of factory .0012 mains and .0018 rods seems a little tight to me compared to what i ran on SR's for high revving. But maybe an aluminum v8 expands like a mofo. I don't know. What do you guys think.

Goals are a solid 500-550 whp @ 8000 rpm.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #663
je_decoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (33)
je_decoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
this is awesome. I was gonna ask how much you wanted for the heads but got even more excited when you decided to go through with this =) . where did you source the bearing sets from all I can find for clevite is rod bearings. thanks for the huge motivation to get me rolling through with my build
je_decoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #664
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
I've had the bearings for a while.

The main bearings are not available anymore and the thrusts are discontinued.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #665
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

so I'm really bummed that the car will be down for like 3-4 weeks, plus theres a big event on sunday.

SSSoooo.......

I started thinking i have this spare motor in storage, it had like 150,000 miles when i took it out and it was rough but i wanted to see if it would start so i could throw it in for the weekends events.

To be honest i kinda hoped it hadn't started.... no I'm trying to come up with excuses to not do it lol....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqmzx5CIVog
Old 10-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #666
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
That's a great idea. Sounds like it's running well.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:06 AM   #667
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

ill just leave this here...

The spare for this weekend.

Should blow up in epic fashion.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #668
PureRush
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
PureRush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Did you cut off your front support? Or do you have it all bolted up?
PureRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #669
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

its bolted up
Old 10-26-2012, 12:47 AM   #670
shaggy0778
Zilvia Junkie

shaggy0778 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you sliding at CFRC as well or just countyline?
shaggy0778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #671
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

if i finish in time I may go to cfrc for frankenslide, if not ill be at KOC sunday.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #672
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
You said your too old for this. But you move too fast to be old
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #673
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Well if its any testament, I'm sitting at work on 3 hours of sleep feeling like i got hit by a bus.

Plus I'm pretty obsessive about stuff.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #674
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
^haha thats dedication !!

btw the v/c color looks great i may just steal the color for my v/c as well.

keep it up!

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #675
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
if i finish in time I may go to cfrc for frankenslide,
That would be rad, being that I've never gotten to see this car in person!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #676
NismoTuner21
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
NismoTuner21 will become famous soon enoughNismoTuner21 will become famous soon enoughNismoTuner21 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Wanna be tandem bros for Frankenslide!? Last time we tandemed was so much fun. And I have my new turbo on now
Old 10-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #677
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Time for burnouts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT5w9lO4u7g
gsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:21 AM   #678
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Is it weird that I have a problem with the fact that you didn't have the blower belt on, but didn't mind that you didn't have any coolant in it?

Fuck I wish my LS6 rev'd like that.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:07 AM   #679
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Is it weird that I have a problem with the fact that you didn't have the blower belt on, but didn't mind that you didn't have any coolant in it?

no thats a perfectly justifiable response.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #680
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

And just like that were back in business.

Everythings went back together fine, motor runs great, burns a slight bit of oil but I'm sure it will go away after a bit since it hasn't run in a few years.

I guess the old motor was tired because this one feels soooo much faster than the old one, even AFTER i pulled two degrees of timing above 4000 rpm for safety.

Maybe it will blow up tomorrow. Maybe it will make it till the new motors ready and we can see how this one holds up to some 15-20 psi dyno pulls.

Any way tired, have to be at the track in 8 hrs.

Video of success of failure to come.

Wish me luck.

PS the new valve covers look way better than the old ones.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #681
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
So much for the "old worn motor"
Old 10-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #682
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

time will tell...
Old 10-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #683
future
Post Whore!

Good luck at the track man!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #684
4-20sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
4-20sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4-20sx
Geez do you have 3 guys your paying to do this fOr you? Lol you def work fast. My wife would kill me of all I did was work on a car all day long lol
Old 10-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #685
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

i asked my wife once about if it bothered her when i would be working on the car and her reply was "As long as your under the hood of that car, your not under some other girls skirt" Enough said. lol.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #686
4-20sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
4-20sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4-20sx
Lolzzz wish my wife had that attitude!
Old 10-28-2012, 02:46 AM   #687
shaggy0778
Zilvia Junkie

shaggy0778 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn looks like a new motor! Good luck tomorrow man, I'll probably be there to watch
shaggy0778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:46 AM   #688
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
QFT, that's fuckin' rad.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #689
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

So far so good.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #690
RastaS14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
RastaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Videos! We need the action!
RastaS14 is offline   Reply With Quote