Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #661
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah it's ok if it's a waste. It goes into some type of database for them to analyze. It also makes me feel better.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #662
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Though, the lead designer damn near pee'd his pants when the door opened while they were driving. hahahahhaah
hahahaha this.

the "life flashing before his eyes" moment the designer has as Jay transitions his hands to try to close the door, priceless.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:47 PM   #663
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome vid with Jay!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #664
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Is there any doubt Nissan is building this thing anymore? I mean the amount of press this thing is getting (and POSITIVE press at that) is insane.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:50 AM   #665
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Barring a financial collapse, I can't see how they don't build this car.
240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #666
silnv
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (39)
silnv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silnv
I follow this thread off and on, I was kind of on the fence about the whole thing. After watching Jay Leno's segment, I do like it more.

So the designer was hinting about a 1.4L engine? Did I hear that correctly, a possible de-stroked Juke engine?
Old 03-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #667
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I would be willing to bet they will build it as well. It has gotten too much press in general. Why would they parade the thing around like this if it was just a concept? I think Nissan is just keeping the buzz up until they have a more production ready concept to show.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #668
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I would be willing to bet they will build it as well. It has gotten too much press in general. Why would they parade the thing around like this if it was just a concept? I think Nissan is just keeping the buzz up until they have a more production ready concept to show.

I would agree except for one thing I will correct for you. NIssan is not going to build another concept. The next thing we will see will be a production version ready for sale.
This is the road they took with the 350z its the road Toyota/Suburu took with the FRS/BRZ.
There is absolutely no logical sense to build another concept vehicle for this model.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:26 PM   #669
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I agree, there won't be another concept. Next version we see will be a near production or preproduction car and all the specs. That could be a year away.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #670
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I would agree except for one thing I will correct for you. NIssan is not going to build another concept. The next thing we will see will be a production version ready for sale.
This is the road they took with the 350z its the road Toyota/Suburu took with the FRS/BRZ.
There is absolutely no logical sense to build another concept vehicle for this model.

I believe they made two concept cars for the FRS/BRZ.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #671
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^^^Yeap that is what I meant by concept, Mel corrected me. A pre-production model. An idx that is 95% of what the final version is.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #672
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxcure View Post

I believe they made two concept cars for the FRS/BRZ.
That was not a second concept. It's called pre production and I got see it up close first hand.

Quote:
^^^Yeap that is what I meant by concept, Mel corrected me. A pre-production model. An idx that is 95% of what the final version is.

And so you stand corrected!
Seriously guys not trying to be a dick but don't call someone out when you are factually incorrect . In other words both of you should have known better.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 03-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #673
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Nissan is actually not that keen on crazy concepts anyway. Most of the concepts they have are near-production concepts that foreshadow an upcoming model. Like this Sport Sedan Concept is the new Maxima. They do this all the time. The Infiniti EX, the Murano, etc etc.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:59 AM   #674
Future240
Future Moderator

^^You are right, they did it with the GTR too. Ohhhhh I am getting excited.

Quote:
And so you stand corrected!
Seriously guys not trying to be a dick but don't call someone out when you are factually incorrect . In other words both of you should have known better.
? Yea definely was not calling anyone out, very much so was giving him credit for saying the right words. So in fact I do know better.

So I finally watched the video. Anyone catch how when Leno said 25-40k for the car, the rep quickly was like, "well 25-35k".

That could be a three model range. Freeflow at 25, turbo free flow at 30, Nismo at 35. Unless they are not talking about base models. I could see a base at 25K with top end version with all features at 35K.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:04 AM   #675
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

I hope they will keep all of the models under $30k, to keep it below 370z numbers.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #676
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:

? Yea definely was not calling anyone out, very much so was giving him credit for saying the right words. So in fact I do know better.

Well here is the deal. He(240sxcure) called my post out when I said there would not be another concept. You pointed to his post and said that I was meant by concept.
By pointing to his post calling me out? You have technically now called me out as well.

So all I did was correct both of you at the same time.

Whether or not you choose to accept that truth is on you man. Though it is true. LOL

I have nothing more to say about it.

New Video
Buy my mounts!

Last edited by drift freaq; 03-12-2014 at 05:42 PM..
Old 03-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #677
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
If I can pay under $30k for the IDx Nismo minus the carbon and glass roof I'm all in.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #678
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Well here is the deal. He called my post out when I said there would not be another concept. You pointed to his post and said that I was meant by concept.
By pointing to his post calling me out? You have technically now called me out as well.

So all I did was correct both of you at the same time.

Whether or not you choose to accept that truth is on you man. Though it is true. LOL

I have nothing more to say about it.
What exactly did you correct me on?
Old 03-12-2014, 05:27 PM   #679
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
He happens to be Zilvia's official spell and fact checking guy might also be part time debate club leader as well lol. "I don't always fact check, but when I do I am always right no matter what you have to say". Jay's garage episode didn't really answer anything more than what we already knew. The Nissan design guy seemed like he had no knowledge about the 510 at least he came off that way, some one please correct me as I hope I am wrong.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #680
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
What exactly did you correct me on?
You have nothing to do with this Mel beyond Future using you as a claim he was not talking about a second concept when he quoted 240sx calling me out on my statement there would not be one. That was the essence of both of them calling me out on the statement which 240sxcure did and Future did by proxy of quoting 240sx and saying that is what was talking about a "concept" in his own words
Future just does not want to own up to the fact that that is he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
He happens to be Zilvia's official spell and fact checking guy might also be part time debate club leader as well lol. "I don't always fact check, but when I do I am always right no matter what you have to say". Jay's garage episode didn't really answer anything more than what we already knew. The Nissan design guy seemed like he had no knowledge about the 510 at least he came off that way, some one please correct me as I hope I am wrong.

You know what Redline you need to keep your mouth shut here and really should not talk shit. Instead of talking shit and stirring the pot it would be best if you shut your mouth . This has nothing to do with you and was legit. Not like your post above which is pure shit talking plain and simple.

New Video
Buy my mounts!

Last edited by drift freaq; 03-13-2014 at 01:59 PM..
Old 03-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #681
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSQg1i_q2g
Old 03-13-2014, 07:30 AM   #682
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
If I can pay under $30k for the IDx Nismo minus the carbon and glass roof I'm all in.

I am really hoping for 26-28K. I figure then a turbo, diff, wheels, and brakes would be already there.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:39 AM   #683
mikey976
Zilvia Member

mikey976 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mikey976
i wonder how long it will be from first sales that someone buys a turbo model and welds the open diff
Old 03-13-2014, 08:26 AM   #684
Future240
Future Moderator

I would think quite a while. I beleive the welded diff crowd would not be able to afford this car. I base that on if one is welding a diff instead of buying an LSD, one must be broke.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #685
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey976 View Post
i wonder how long it will be from first sales that someone buys a turbo model and welds the open diff
car will more than likely come with a limited slip given every model of the 350z (except base) came with VLSD, same with the 370z, G35 and G37. LSD isnt some super awesome factor add on technology like it use to be. pretty much a standard in most modern day sports cars now. it has to be included for the car to be competitive.

but guess what, if the rear end is an R200 (which im sure it will be), just find a lightly used VLSD and output shafts from a 350z, swap it into the pumpkin if the IDx isnt LSD based and youre golden (you can even do this with your 240 with some minor adjustments to the output shafts from my understanding)

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #686
Future240
Future Moderator

I would prefer a torsen over a VLSD.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:21 AM   #687
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
I would prefer a torsen over a VLSD.
probably wont happen.

im on the hunt for an S15 torsen/helical LSD for my car right now (if you happen to know anyone getting rid of one, shoot em my way).

Old 03-13-2014, 10:38 AM   #688
Future240
Future Moderator

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t...highlight=Hlsd
Old 03-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #689
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
i think he may have already sold it. messaging him right now on the bookface!

EDIT: w00t! that was another one he had! paid for and on its way!!! NO MORE ONE TURNER BURNER!!!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 03-13-2014 at 11:57 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #690
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Drift freaq you are taking this way too seriously. I dont care what you say I will post whatever I want as long as it is not offensive.My statement was merely a joke and you took it seriously, on the other hand telling people to keep their mouth shut on a public forum, that is shit talking.