Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:25 AM   #661
let5l1de
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (30)
let5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to let5l1de Send a message via Yahoo to let5l1de
damn that will look soooo legit! i've been lurking on this build for some time now. after all the hours put in, its starting to come together now. cant wait to see this all starightened and ready for some paint. This is making me want to redo mine all over again.

btw: i still have your ecu. do you want to trade back or ?

~m
let5l1de is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2009, 12:26 AM   #662
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I am fairly certain I am not going to need it, go ahead and sell it and juts give me a discount next time I need a part in a pinch. =)
Old 08-27-2009, 12:49 AM   #663
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
OK, gotcha, I thought you cut it for no reason.

Don't forget, I you like only a bro could... cause even though I'm not a bro, you're enough of a bro lover for both of us.

... annnnnnnd now we're on Socal Drift lol.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:02 AM   #664
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
OK, gotcha, I thought you cut it for no reason.

Don't forget, I you like only a bro could... cause even though I'm not a bro, you're enough of a bro lover for both of us.

... annnnnnnd now we're on Socal Drift lol.
not until we post a you tube video of us accidentally touching dicks.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #665
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Now you see why we do the fabrication before paint... gotta grind down the body of the car where the welds penetrated, just like the antenna hole. But just to give you an idea of what's going down.

everything grinded down to the metal obviously and our line we're going to follow.

my brother shaping the metal.

checking it.

spottieottiedopalicious

better angle. looks ugly, but it's just tacked in place. and it's the wheel well, we're not shooting to be the best at welding.

and why you don't do this shit after paint.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #666
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Keep up the good work
Old 08-27-2009, 02:49 PM   #667
randomxzero
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
randomxzero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sick.. great build man, you've done so much and invested so much time and money... cant wait to see it done!...
randomxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #668
Om1kron
Post Whore!

thanks, I'll post more pics later tonight. passenger side is "done" it's spotted together, gotta put those anal beads in it tomorrow and i'll be setting up the passenger side so everything is smooth like butta.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #669
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
looking good i love the paint color btw
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #670
Dazzla
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Dazzla is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Amazing build!

This motivates me to go ahead with my m/t swap because the wiring on that in comparison to the wiring you've done should be a piece of cake.
Dazzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #671
RastaS13
Leaky Injector

RastaS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome work guys. Thats a crap load of work but i cant wait until its finished
Old 08-27-2009, 11:52 PM   #672
David B S12
Zilvia Junkie

David B S12 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol welding thin sheet metal sucks doesnt it
David B S12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:27 AM   #673
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B S12 View Post
Fo sho!! In the course of doing my car and work on a few other cars, I'm pro now lol ~ put your MIG on the lowest voltage setting with a ~15% feed speed and turn up the gas, get your bead started on the thicker metal and move with a quickness to the thinner, and clean up/wirebrush right afterwards if either side of the metal is not perfectly clean.

Wayne what thickness of metal did you go with? Looks good!

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 08-28-2009, 04:07 AM   #674
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome...
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:34 AM   #675
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B S12 View Post
Try doing it with a TIG... (I have no MIG)
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:36 AM   #676
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Fo sho!! In the course of doing my car and work on a few other cars, I'm pro now lol ~ put your MIG on the lowest voltage setting with a ~15% feed speed and turn up the gas, get your bead started on the thicker metal and move with a quickness to the thinner, and clean up/wirebrush right afterwards if either side of the metal is not perfectly clean.

Wayne what thickness of metal did you go with? Looks good!
the fuck if I know, it said "WELDABLE STEEL" on it at ace hardware / do it yourself center and looked just as thick as the metal there now lol.

I just wanted to make sure I didn't bust a Jeff and buy Galvanized steel LOL.

anyway here is the update from yesterday, passenger side is 90 percent done and yes welding thin sheet metal with an electrical welder sucks dick.

the result.

click the pictures to read the details.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:46 AM   #677
EchaKqulo
Leaky Injector

EchaKqulo is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep on Going!!!
EchaKqulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #678
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Other than that I did pick up some new goodies, a new mode door motor for my climate control to see if that will fix some of my woes.

A new upper dash vent, that disentegrated when I removed the dash the first time.

Sun visors with the retainer clips, also the exhaust/tranny bracket that i've been after for quite some time. Stoked about that.

And last new wiper motor, and wiper amp (proper) for the s14 since it looks like I had an s13 wiper amp on the car before.

So right now, as you can imagine I am doing what I know how to do in the meantime, electrical work. Right now I am going through the whole electrical system to see how the wiper system is set up.

Right now I'm looking at about 5 different plugs.

The SMJ, the F9, and F7 plugs, the F3, and the Wiper Switch itself E104.

I don't think the instructions for the redtop sr20 into an s14 swap had sufficiently clear information on how to make your wipers properly work and since I've owned my car they never have.

I'm pretty adamant on changing that tonight.
wow...so many parts...

Quote:
I am going to boil it down to I do not have the proper window wiper switch in my car. Or it melted or something or other, I really have nothing else to base this opinion on other than the switch for my s13 looks WAY fancier than my s14 switch. granted the troubleshooting procedure number 2 in the fsm is irrelevant since I don't have the intermittent adjustment knob.
so do you need s14 switches?

Quote:
not until we post a you tube video of us accidentally touching dicks.
HA!...accidently

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #679
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
your animated slide shows kill me! Keep up the good work!

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #680
713kouki
Leaky Injector

713kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to 713kouki
nice attention to detail !! what are the wheel specs that are going on this beast ? .. god i want that lang kit
713kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:38 AM   #681
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
animated slide show is hot... how are you going to smooth out the lumps.
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #682
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
Try doing it with a TIG... (I have no MIG)
I'd much rather try it with a TIG, then you'd have separate feed and voltage control. Running a constant small bead or
filling small gaps with wire feed FTL.

Anyway, its comin along Wayne! Can't wait to see paint pics

Old 09-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #683
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 713kouki View Post
nice attention to detail !! what are the wheel specs that are going on this beast ? .. god i want that lang kit
the wheel specs are nothing stellar. 10.5 in back and 9.5 in front, i was going to run my 10's in the front and buy 11 inch wide low disk gt-u's but volk doesn't make them anymore. womp womp womp

so 5 mm spacers it is.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #684
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
animated slide show is hot... how are you going to smooth out the lumps.
for the fender pull area, probably some touch up pops with the metal shaping hammer and teardrop you saw earlier from the metal shaping gif.

then less than a gallon of filler like what was on both sides of the car before haha.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #685
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
What does Om1kron mean?
Old 09-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #686
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What does Om1kron mean?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcmpW89F2vk

It's only one of my favorite video games of all time lol. and the music is done by david bowie.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #687
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
yo tits is everywhere, OMI!
Old 09-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #688
Om1kron
Post Whore!

not sure what that means, going to take a crack at welding today. brother is moving a tad too slow for my taste and doesn't realize I hate walking.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #689
Brian
Post Whore!

You're funnier when you have that Viking hat on.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #690
let5l1de
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (30)
let5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to let5l1de Send a message via Yahoo to let5l1de
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
yo tits is everywhere, OMI!

so many meanings... I'll pick one.

:bowr ofl:

---

hookups on whatever I have fa sho Om1.

the rotating gif make me wanna rub them lips n sh!t.
let5l1de is offline   Reply With Quote