Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #661
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
So whens the next local ride?
Old 11-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #662
SHAKOTAN<3
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
SHAKOTAN<3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Has anyone ever been to Pista Fixed Gear in Newport beach, I went with I haslongtorso yesterday to get hardware, Its a small little shop/repair for fixed gears. Guys are pretty kool, we go there sort of at closing and the guy let us in and on his work bench was a pabst blue ribbon lol, work time was over.
Theres another fixed gear shop by triangle square in Costa Mesa that just opened called City Grounds, extreme hipster, you should have seen the mustache on one of the employees. Good times lol.

Anyone down to ride in OC, newport/HB? Beach ride?
SHAKOTAN<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #663
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Pabst Blue Ribbon on the workbench of a Fixed Gear Bike shop...
you know what that means.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:57 PM   #664
IHasLongTorso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
IHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Pabst Blue Ribbon on the workbench of a Fixed Gear Bike shop...
you know what that means.
Actually I don't. What does that mean? Lol
IHasLongTorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #665
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
sounds like he's the one buying it
Old 11-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #666
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
buy a new seat. it's like, $40 for a half decent, brand new seat.
or go to a road shop, have them measure you for the correct seat, and buy that one.
the money is worth it i think my saddle was 140? But man its comfy as fuck even in the drops
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #667
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
so i decided to ride home last night from work on my new frame, and god i love it. It is lighter for sure and climbs better than the steel frame.
decided to ride through a park that is by the house and BAM
like 10 fixed gear guys practicing tricks. didnt really stop since i wanted to explore the park and it was like 10 at night so i needed to go home and get to bed for today,so i just said hey and moved on. ill roll by there again tonight and hopefully they will still be there.

i <3 my new frame
Old 11-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #668
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Couple double straps for sale

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/290055-bicycle-part-double-leather-pedal-straps-white-black-brown.html#post3135540

Old 11-15-2009, 08:41 PM   #669
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I dont really understand the fixie thing so i bought a bike with a flip flop hub. First time i tried fixed gear i fell so bad, whole life riding free wheel > fixed gear, not cool. But i got used to it now, and still dont understand the WOW or the COOL factor. People with tight bright colored pants ride them around here. But whatever floats your boat i guess.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #670
SHAKOTAN<3
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
SHAKOTAN<3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
As with so many of life's more worthy pursuits, one must strip away modern conveniences to come face-to-face with the fundamentals. So it is with bicycle pedaling. Modern bike transmissions, with their multitude of gear choices, freewheels, and rapid shifting can be an impediment to learning to pedal smoothly. Smooth pedaling is the core of efficient cycling and every rider strives to improve his style throughout an entire career of riding.
How do you learn to pedal smoothly? Traditionally, technique was passed to each succeeding generation through a combination of fixed gear riding and the example of more experienced pedalers. Truly expert, classical pedalers are rare these days. There are too few to lead rides on which beginners can absorb the finesse and elegance of a smooth, balanced pedal stroke.
But no fear! Fixed gear riding can a help any rider develop his pedaling. It is simple and cheap. Many professionals put in important fixed gear miles at the beginning of each season. The sooner you start a fixed gear practice, the better.
What's to Gain?
Take a ride and notice how different your bike feels! Keep your spin moderate and don't go a great distance. Observe how riding without coasting is so much more of a workout. This will enable you to get exercise in a shorter time.
Avoid big hills to start. With some practice you will learn how to lug a fixed gear effectively. More body english, a rounder pedal force, and persuasive rhythm are all elements to climbing without muscle strain.
As your confidence grows you will be acquiring finesse without any concentration. Your legs are recalibrating and learning to pedal circles not just lumpy down strokes. When the bike is going too slowly and your rpm's are low you will learn how to exert force through all 360 degrees of the pedal path. Otherwise the down stroke would have to be excessive and unfriendly to your knees. When the bike is going too briskly for your taste you will learn how to "float" around the pedals so your butt doesn't bounce all over the saddle.
Float is the Goal
"Float" is the Zen-like state of soft pedalling which a distinguishes a true master. On the road, few riders have it. Most track riders acquire it through fixed gear pedalling. It is the primary means to avoid injury and sustain impressive effort. It is the tool heart throbs like Fausto Coppi and Jacques Anquetil used to captivate their eras. A truly smooth pedal stroke is a thing of great beauty as much as Edwin Moses on the high hurdles or Eric Heiden on skates. Riding fixed gear is your surest way to develop that talent and have great fun to boot.
Now, back to the 90's

Fully half of the fun is switching back to your regular set up. You'll notice a few very desirable changes:
  1. Your pedalling power curve is much broader, you can generate impressive power at many different spin rates. You'll be able to use this to great effect in racing. You'll have more options for everyday riding as you shift less and use a greater variety of tempos to get there.
  2. Your friends will remark how smooth and turbine-like you seem. New acquaintances will assume you have been racing and riding for decades.
  3. You will be faster and more flexible than ever.
  4. You will be recommending your techniques to newcomers and help pass on the wisdom.
  5. Even though you have the option to stop pedaling and coast, you'll use it less. The more your legs spin, the further and faster you go. And when you are fatigued an effortless, floating spin is the best recovery because it maintains a healthy blood flow to purge tired muscles of lactic acid and return oxygen where it is needed.
Circa 2003oldskooltrack.com
SHAKOTAN<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:34 AM   #671
IHasLongTorso
Zilvia Junkie

IHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choices
So has anyone heard anything about or used anything significant from the compant origin8?
Old 11-16-2009, 03:34 AM   #672
yokotas13
Post Whore!

its low end shit
if oyu cant afford anything better its good
Old 11-16-2009, 04:01 AM   #673
IHasLongTorso
Zilvia Junkie

Ok cool. I was just cuious because I noticed it somewhere an it looked decent and its uber cheap. I figured.
Btw anyone know where I can get some decent arms in 155 or 165 length?
Old 11-16-2009, 04:21 AM   #674
yokotas13
Post Whore!

dura ace is what i use
Old 11-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #675
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
if you want cheap, the origin8 165's are okay, maybe. look on ebay for used cranks, there are tons.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:21 AM   #676
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHasLongTorso View Post
Ok cool. I was just cuious because I noticed it somewhere an it looked decent and its uber cheap. I figured.
Btw anyone know where I can get some decent arms in 155 or 165 length?
alienbikes.com

use the same cranks as Pake, and they ship out of the USA (i think the company itself is located in the netherlands)

go with 165s

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:10 AM   #677
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
so someone just stole my bike earlier tonight. surprisingly, i'm not too pissed about it, but rather, i'm pretty amused. too many fucking peasants in philly.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:19 AM   #678
IHasLongTorso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
so someone just stole my bike earlier tonight. surprisingly, i'm not too pissed about it, but rather, i'm pretty amused. too many fucking peasants in philly.
Awww bro that shits weaksauce. If you were local I say come drink some blue ribbon to make yourself feel better. Lol honnestly though...I'm not a fan of cheap beers but blue ribbon has quite a nice after taste. Especially considerng its 50cents a beer. Really though. No hype beast. Lol
Old 11-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #679
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
I'm so down to get an OEM Schwinn generator light.

SOOO DAMN DOWN.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #680
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i got an origin 8 crank set, pedals etc, good quality shit man,
Old 11-18-2009, 01:44 PM   #681
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

I need a set of 144 bcd cranks that isnt retarded expensive
Old 11-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #682
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
any Socal guys wanna hit this up? myself and a few buddies will be riding...let me know

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Old 11-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #683
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
you shoulda rode with us last week eddie at hermosa beach. this saturday is the last ucla home game.

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #684
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

yeah jack told me about it, but i didnt have anyone to watch my daughter, so i had to miss out...i rode to work today

my dad has season tickets, but I'll also be able to get tickets to the "cross town rivalry" so not too worried about missing this saturday's game

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Old 11-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #685
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUFFM4N View Post
any Socal guys wanna hit this up? myself and a few buddies will be riding...let me know

I'd roll with you, I dont have my fixed done yet what do you think?

Heres better info on it

Orange 20 Bikes» Cranksgiving Season Is Here Again!
Old 11-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #686
yokotas13
Post Whore!

got my shimano brake levers on, tektro brakes, im good to go forever now. i cant think of anything else i need for once
Old 11-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #687
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB.Motoring View Post
I'd roll with you, I dont have my fixed done yet what do you think?

Heres better info on it

Orange 20 Bikes» Cranksgiving Season Is Here Again!
roll with us...so far its me and marco

its open to all types of bikes

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Old 11-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #688
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
I'd be so down to do it, but my endurance is shit.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:32 PM   #689
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post
I'd be so down to do it, but my endurance is shit.
if i can do it...so can you...and there's even a prize for DFL (dead fucking last)

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Old 11-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #690
yokotas13
Post Whore!

mine is horrible too

but when you are competing it makes you push harder