Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:51 PM   #691
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Your posts are offensive. If you can't be civil be elsewhere.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:58 PM   #692
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
Drift freaq you are taking this way too seriously. I dont care what you say I will post whatever I want as long as it is not offensive.My statement was merely a joke and you took it seriously, on the other hand telling people to keep their mouth shut on a public forum, that is shit talking.
your Joke was offensive. I corrected something that someone said in casual conversation that Mel misconstrued to mean it was about him. There was no need for you to make a comment let alone a borderline slanderous comment.

Do you want this to be taken up by mods? You are pushing it that way quickly and guess what you won't win.

You are shit talking, you have been shit talking, you have a history of shit talking. Now if you want to try and hide behind the claim it was a joke? Well it was a poorly thought out joke at best and slanderous at worst.
I suggest next time think before posting ,

P.S. your shit talking has now derailed the thread.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #693
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
To drift freaq and redline racer510, yes it has been taken OT, I had a hand in it as well. Posting back and forth won't solve anything. You two pretty much always end up at ends in everythread, so how about just ignore each other?

Any further OT posting below this one will just be deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i think he may have already sold it. messaging him right now on the bookface!

EDIT: w00t! that was another one he had! paid for and on its way!!! NO MORE ONE TURNER BURNER!!!

Hell yea man! I love my HLSD. One of the best purchases I've made. I love the way it operates so quietly and requires no rebuilding. This is why I wish the IDx will come with one. I mean the genesis did so its possible. I agree though with you the chances are slim to known seeing as ALL the rwd cars come with vlsd.

Whats the life on a VLSD anyways? I know they wear out eventually and basically become open diffs.

I wonder if the Nismo version would come with a 1.5.......
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #694
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Whats the life on a VLSD anyways? I know they wear out eventually and basically become open diffs.

I wonder if the Nismo version would come with a 1.5.......
from my understanding, unless youre beating the crap out of them on a normal basis, they hold up fairly well over time. ive yet to still find a straight answer about if theyre able to be rebuilt WITHOUT shimming the crap out of them (which winds up destroying the internals altogether)

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #695
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Any further OT posting below this one will just be deleted.
In all fairness, your link to dorki about the S15 HLSD should have been via PM as it does not pertain to this thread. And further conversation about it is a continuation of said derailment. Just like this post.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:51 PM   #696
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
In all fairness, your link to dorki about the S15 HLSD should have been via PM as it does not pertain to this thread. And further conversation about it is a continuation of said derailment. Just like this post.
Quote:
To drift freaq and redline racer510, yes it has been taken OT, I had a hand in it as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13
from my understanding, unless youre beating the crap out of them on a normal basis, they hold up fairly well over time. ive yet to still find a straight answer about if theyre able to be rebuilt WITHOUT shimming the crap out of them (which winds up destroying the internals altogether
Ah so that pretty much says that a vlsd would be. It would be easier for NIssan to use the same one in the current Z instead of having to build a whole new one. Plus if they are aware of their fan base as they claim to be, they know people are going to want to drift the thing, which a torsen would not be suitable for.

Speaking of, did anyone else notice that in the vid? That guy said how they were aware of their fans on message boards social media and stuff, yet they said the feedback they got was we wanted a 1-2-3 box car.

I have never seen a thread calling for a 510 revial. All of the forums seem to post a Silvia revival. I found that odd.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #697
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Speaking of, did anyone else notice that in the vid? That guy said how they were aware of their fans on message boards social media and stuff, yet they said the feedback they got was we wanted a 1-2-3 box car.

I have never seen a thread calling for a 510 revial. All of the forums seem to post a Silvia revival. I found that odd.
they probably went over to NICO

Old 03-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #698
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

finally found a pic of the undercarriage of the car...and drift_freaq was completely right! totally sealed up!

Old 03-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #699
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

I KNEW THIS STUPID THING WAS ON COILOVERS FROM THE WAY IT RODE IN VIDEOS!!!! and guess what folks, thats the rear spindle of an S15!!! so i guess the rumors of the IDX concepts being built on the S15 chassis were true!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 03-14-2014 at 10:44 AM..
Old 03-14-2014, 03:58 AM   #700
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Until the S15 Silvias were always 3 box cars.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:37 AM   #701
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV2Rg3zH5EY

Jay Leno actually drives it!!! it was SO awesome to see it cruising along at normal driving speeds.

Funny though, the car looks like its riding on coilovers hahahhaha. Even the interior sounded as creeky and rattley as an S-Chassis hahah

I was just smiling that entire video. Though, the lead designer damn near pee'd his pants when the door opened while they were driving. I think the only thought in his head was "OH SHIT! IM GONNA GET FIRED! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT! FIRED! TURNING IN MY SMOCK AND CLEANING OUT MY LOCKER! SHIT FUCKS!" hahahahhaah
Completely random, but I saw that designer on my way to work yesterday morning near LAX. It took me a second to realize who he was when he was standing at the cross walk waiting for the signal.

By the time it clicked in my head, he was already crossing.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:37 AM   #702
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
You should have shouted "front engine, rear wheel drive, manual, turbo!"

He would've known what's up.
240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #703
jdm60
Leaky Injector

jdm60 is on the path to ruinjdm60 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxcure View Post
You should have shouted "front engine, rear wheel drive, manual, turbo!"

He would've known what's up.
Lol. Or you could have invited him to lunch or some.
jdm60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:51 PM   #704
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

a neat pic that popped up in my feed on the faceblargs...clean photoshop work!

if this doesnt make you want an IDX, then i dont know what will...

Old 03-16-2014, 03:13 PM   #705
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
a neat pic that popped up in my feed on the faceblargs...clean photoshop work!

if this doesnt make you want an IDX, then i dont know what will...
I'm trying to picture what it'd look like 4x4 status without widebody fenders and sunken undersized wheels.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:23 PM   #706
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Need a front view
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #707
shift_SRDETuser

shift_SRDETuser is an unknown quantity at this point
need preorder deposit forms so I can go ahead and order one.

That is if it has a 5 (I hope) or 6 speed, turbo and RWD. No CVT.
shift_SRDETuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:38 AM   #708
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
That render is so cool. This car is so cool. I can't wait to see what the aftermarket does to this car.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:10 AM   #709
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Very S2000ish on that render....
Old 03-17-2014, 08:50 AM   #710
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
To me it looks a whole bunch like this guy from behind.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #711
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

So fucking sexy, and that isn't a statement you'll catch me making very often.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:46 PM   #712
xilovelsdx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
xilovelsdx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xilovelsdx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
I'm trying to picture what it'd look like 4x4 status without widebody fenders and sunken undersized wheels.
Aint that the truth.

Render is cool as F though.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:34 AM   #713
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Of course the concept car is ugly IMO, but most are. I'm sure Nissan wouldn't roll it out looking like that! That render is bad ass, I like how it shadows the old 510s/circa 1960s Silvias. Nissan needs something decent. Right now the only fun non-convertible, affordable car you can buy that captures the driving experience is the BRZ/FRS. C'mon Nissan, don't take another 5 years to get this thing rolled out!

SpeedHunter's most recent post about the IDX-

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/03/dreaming-idx/
va240dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #714
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by va240dude View Post
Of course the concept car is ugly IMO, but most are. I'm sure Nissan wouldn't roll it out looking like that! That render is bad ass, I like how it shadows the old 510s/circa 1960s Silvias. Nissan needs something decent. Right now the only fun non-convertible, affordable car you can buy that captures the driving experience is the BRZ/FRS. C'mon Nissan, don't take another 5 years to get this thing rolled out!

SpeedHunter's most recent post about the IDX-

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/03/dreaming-idx/
If and I should say when Nissan builds this car ( as my general feeling is it's already been green lighted.) It will surely be a lot less than 5 years. That blogger on Speedhunters needs to stop smoking the funny stuff. It's only him that would take 5 years. We have already been told by Nissan people the car could be done by 2016 and honestly I see that as very plausible.

P.S. I actually talked to people from Nissan in person, involved with the concept. So I probably have a better take on it. Versus that blogger on Speedhunters who does not even cite sources, for his ludicrous 5 year statement.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:01 PM   #715
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
P.S. I actually talked to people from Nissan in person, involved with the concept. So I probably have a better take on it. Versus that blogger on Speedhunters who does not even cite sources, for his ludicrous 5 year statement.
When they said by 2016, do you think they meant it being ready to go on sale in 2016 as a 2017 model or in 2015 as a 2016 model?
Old 03-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #716
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

the only thing im going to say is that the car IS confirmed for production and DOES have a release date pushing for 16/17.

ps: IDX isnt the production name either

Old 03-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #717
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I'd be willing to bet on it being out in late 2015 as a 2016 model and by that time we will see a new Z car preproduction "concept" running around with a variant of the GTR powerplant minus the turbos.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #718
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
I'd be willing to bet on it being out in late 2015 as a 2016 model and by that time we will see a new Z car preproduction "concept" running around with a variant of the GTR powerplant minus the turbos.
not quite...mid to late 2016

Old 03-25-2014, 01:35 AM   #719
tunemerajana
BANNED

tunemerajana is an unknown quantity at this point
Till it hits a show room it is over no value IMO to discuss or chop. every time I see something like this and then IF they make it to production.... It is usually a huge let down when it finally arrives compared to what it "might have been".
tunemerajana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:40 AM   #720
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunemerajana View Post
Till it hits a show room it is over no value IMO to discuss or chop. every time I see something like this and then IF they make it to production.... It is usually a huge let down when it finally arrives compared to what it "might have been".
Like the huge let down the FRS was? Or the GTR?

That comes down to people having unrealistic expectations. What did you expect? Concept car features and supercar HP in a $20,000 coupe weighing 1800lbs? That's probably your problem.

The ONLY thing people were arguably let down by (I say arguably because people like myself are perfectly OK with it) with the FRS/BRZ was the power output and NA engine. Other than that the car delivers in the styling and handling departments with room to spare.

Furthermore, this thread is not mandatory. While your entitled to give your $.02, if you feel the need to discuss the potential of this car before it's officially announced you are free to ignore the thread until that happens.